What Mika songs make you cry?

The ones that make me cry almost always I listen to them are Paloma, Any Other World (😢) and Happy Ending. Any Other World is especially heartbreaking to me, it makes me feel sad and lonely but then I listen to Platform Ballerinas or We are Golden or any other, start jumping and singing and the sadness disappear 🤣

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone ☺️

Mika has many songs that feel touching and would make you shed good tears.. But I think the songs that feel rather the saddest to me and would always make me want to curl up and cry are Toy Boy and No place in heaven, I straight up couldn't listen to toy boy alot at the time it would trigger some painful feelings (which is strange given that Mika's music is the only music I could listen to when I felt down and would make me feel upbeat even if the song is suppose to be sad) 

I guess it was only Toy Boy that felt that way to me, that made me want to avoid listening to it alot at the beginning, and sometimes, No place in heaven ( that being said, Toy Boy is also one of my fav songs of him in that album) 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Hey everyone ☺️

Mika has many songs that feel touching and would make you shed good tears.. But I think the songs that feel rather the saddest to me and would always make me want to curl up and cry are Toy Boy and No place in heaven, I straight up couldn't listen to toy boy alot at the time it would trigger some painful feelings (which is strange given that Mika's music is the only music I could listen to when I felt down and would make me feel upbeat even if the song is suppose to be sad) 

I guess it was only Toy Boy that felt that way to me, that made me want to avoid listening to it alot at the beginning, and sometimes, No place in heaven ( that being said, Toy Boy is also one of my fav songs of him in that album) 

Have you seen this Toy Boy performance? It 's one of the first videos I saw of him. It's SFS acoustic tour

• Thanks 1

I can't even listen to Over my shoulder nor to Toy Boy because they feel so sad to me. Porcelain is a bit the same and does make me cry. I rarely listen to it unless I am very sad.

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Have you seen this Toy Boy performance? It 's one of the first videos I saw of him. It's SFS acoustic tour

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

No I haven't.. Seeing his expressions performing this has ten folds the effect of just listening to it😭

"You knew that I adored ya.. but you left me in Georgia.. Toys are not sentimental.. How could I be for rental?" 

😢

These verses and the melody there

+ his warm voice always get me emotional 😢😢

This is absolutely one of his most beautiful songs❤️

Thank you for sharing this ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Evergreen said:

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

No I haven't.. Seeing his expressions performing this has ten folds the effect of just listening to it😭

"You knew that I adored ya.. but you left me in Georgia.. Toys are not sentimental.. How could I be for rental?" 

😢

These verses and the melody there

+ his warm voice always get me emotional 😢😢

This is absolutely one of his most beautiful songs❤️

Thank you for sharing this ❤️❤️❤️

I agree, those lyrics are the ones who are always making me cry. It's so amazing to watch some old videos like this one because it's some kind of little treasure ❤️ I miss him so much lately that it's always good to feel all of those emotions sometimes ! I always have the same feeling about him, no matter how many time I listen to him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Florine said:

I agree, those lyrics are the ones who are always making me cry. It's so amazing to watch some old videos like this one because it's some kind of little treasure ❤️ I miss him so much lately that it's always good to feel all of those emotions sometimes ! I always have the same feeling about him, no matter how many time I listen to him.

Take a look at this thread. You'll find more little treasures :wink2::thumb_yello:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Florine said:

😢❤️❤️

3 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Take a look at this thread. You'll find more little treasures :wink2::thumb_yello:

😍😍😍💗💗💗

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I guess different songs affect us from our own experiences. I adore Happy Ending, but cannot listen to it, it just cuts too deep for me. Strangely I quite like OMS, I find it oddly comforting in its melancholy. The sadness there for me is that he was ever in a situation that compelled him to write it. And for some reason, the line in Tiny Love where he sings "My name is Michael Holbrook, I was born in 1983" always makes me tear up.  The first times I heard "AOW" and "OM" too, although the sinfonia versions are now 2 of my faves.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

Les baisers perdus the very first time I heard it made me cry. So beautiful and so relatable for me. All those lost kisses my heart keeps sending to my first love will always get lost.
I was in my car playing the album for the first time. I love it and it doesn't makes me cry all the time because it's conforting too. I wanted to hear Mika sing it live so much that in spite of everything my husband tries to stop me I managed to go and see I love Paris concert on May 26th 2016 and he Les baisers perdus live and I was crying so much. And I also got my Mika watch on that day and I got to meet and  hug many members of the subs team for the first time. :group_hug:
Good Wife tells my story too but it has always been very conforting to me and it never made me cry.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2020 at 7:57 PM, wiredbycoffee said:

Paloma. Every. Damn. Time.

”My Paloma, where is a broken dove to go?
Oh Paloma, if only you had let me know
Was it joy or sadness that you felt on the night you flew?
I found you fighting in the darkness
There was beauty in there, too”

also me 

Le coeur holiday 
Y a trop de choses dans nos têtes, de nuits sans conseil
Garde le cœur en fête, le cœur holiday
On est bien n'importe où, c'est ça, le soleil
Garde le cœur debout, le cœur holiday
Et quand tu tombes à genoux, garde le cœur en fête
Garde le cœur debout, garde le cœur holiday
Et si la vie te rend fou, même sans le soleil
Garde le cœur debout, garde le cœur holiday 
  • Like 1

Is "My Name Is Michael Holbrook" Mika's saddest album? Because "Blue," "Paloma" and the "Tiny Love Reprise" get me every time. :crybaby: I don't think any of the songs from any of his other albums make me cry. OK, maybe "Over My Shoulder" if I'm already in a somber mood. "Happy Ending" and "Underwater" move me, but I don't think they've ever made me cry.

• Like 3

On 3/12/2021 at 1:23 AM, Hero said:

I adore Happy Ending, but cannot listen to it, it just cuts too deep for me.

Strange how time changes things. After a year of gigs, I'll happily play Happy Ending now, even find myself singing it sometimes. I mean, don't surprise me with it, but if I know it's coming I'm okay.  I guess that's what the psychologists call 'exposure therapy'. :lol3:

• Like 1

Porcelain can still make me cry depending on my mood, that song means so much to me.

The first time I ever heard Happy Ending I cried. Not so much now, I can still feel emotional and moved by the song just without the tears. The only exception being when Mika performed it at the Roundhouse, I definitely cried then.

Tiny Love Reprise has made me cry, especially after hearing about Mika's mum but now I can be more prepared for it and appreciate the lyrics a whole lot more without crying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PoodleSnow said:

I had to stop and listen and think about my view of Hurts. (Remix from the album is my favorite version of it) It must to be about the beat, that even with the lyrick, it's hopeful for me. Like looking back after surviving from all of it. I had to listen it again and I got actually suprised, that lyricks are actually in presens. In my mind I'm in future.

The Remix is my favorite too, probably because it makes the sad lyrics a little happier. You do have a point about the survival aspect, too, which I never thought about much before 🙂I still love the song even when it makes me sad, because I like music that makes me feel something.

I also think it has an important message: that we need to think about the words we speak to one another as humans.

Edited by linzijay
Added more details
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 3:49 PM, Mikasister said:

I'm sure that when I hear "Tiny Love" reprise, the part Joannie sings, I will feel sorry and probably makes me cry :sad:

So yes. Tiny Love Reprise made me sad and cry. Also cried when I heard Happy Ending live and Over My Shoulder as well.. Paloma made me feel sad. :emot-sad:

• Like 1