2019 @ Shepherd's Bush Empire London, UK, 10 Nov REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

Thought I would write a little review as I love reading everyones so much!!

So this was my second Mika gig (and my second gig ever!), I had seen him at the la cigale gig in Paris with my friend a couple weeks back😊

image.gif

I arrived to queue at 9am with my poor sister who couldn't quite understand why we had to get there so early but went along with it anyway😂

image.gif
There were already loads of people there including one girl who had been waiting since 2am!! We sat there, taking it in turns to pop back to our hotel every so often for warmth, until it was time to go in by which point I had lost all feeling in my toes😂
image.gif

But it was worth it! I got on the front row near the middle and my sister was behind me, but ended up a little further away as she was pushed out, there was a lovely girl though behind us that offered to move back a bit so she could be nearer me! I was also glad to see that the girl who had waited since 2am was on the front too, especially after all that waiting!!

Like @pipinhaslovemikathere was some less than polite people at the front. One lady who was with her daughter, I think they were german, next to me, had a go at some fans behind for getting too close when they had plenty of room and then proceeded to tell her daughter to elbow me in the ribs to get more room, which did hurt. I also couldn't go anywhere or move over as I was more squished than them but was trying to make sure I wasn't hurting anybody so that dampened the mood a a bit . However, there was a guy and a girl in the first tier who were dancing away to the DJ's which brought everyones mood up!! they were incredible!! very fun to watch!!! 

When he finally came on I was quite shocked at how close he was, it almost didn't feel real!! And then after the first song we held up the signs that I had helped to make and he loved it!! I was so happy it worked out well, as before he came on I could only see about 3 people near me with them so I was worried no-one would hold them up😂 (if anyone filmed his reaction could you send me a link as I would love to see it again!). The paper hearts looked amazing too! I think when he started Tiny Love he saw a couple of hearts go up, but not many before he closed his eyes, but by the time he opened them he saw a sea of multi coloured hearts which took him by surprise! (again if anyone has his reaction i would love to see it again!). It was wonderful to see!!

The venue staff were also passing out cups of water at the front which was greatly appreciated as after all the singing I was very thirsty!

He then got into the crowd to sing Big Girl and got in next to me which I was ecstatic about😂 On his way out though he stood next to me and sang but was struggling to get over the barrier, as on the way in there was like little steps but not on this side! So he ended up kind of falling into me, so I got face planted with his back and sweaty t-shirt 😂 and if anyones wondering he smelt lovely! which i definitely would not of, if I had been bouncing around that much!!!😂 so that was a moment to remember!

Once it was over we went outside and waited for him to come out which he did! Unfortunately I was too far away from the barriers to get anything signed but it was still nice to see him! 

and then i got back to my hotel and couldn't sleep because i was running off the adrenaline!! I think though like @teenagedreamer98 I'm now in this slight depressive stage because it was all over so quickly and I don't want to go back to normal life!! I may have to go back to France to see him again....😂

image.gif

I had a wonderful time though and met so many amazing people who were all so kind! it is definitely an experience I will never forget!!

I've attached a couple of videos I took here if anyone is intrested😊they are only short clips sorry, I didn't mange to get a whole song but I did get some chatty bits including a bit about him throwing up on Shepard's green😂 

I've got some others on my instagram which is 

xemilyburnellx

They will be under the london tab on my profile😊

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Ok, I think I'm ready to describe this concert in words.

We all waited so much for this first performance, starting the "Revelation Tour". But this concert was a little different from those that will follow. Due to the fact that Shepherd's Bush Empire can only accommodate 2'000 people, Mika did not show us the new scenography. But there were a lot of colorful lights that created a great atmosphere. Yes, colors are Mika's specialty.

Since I had a place on the first balcony, I did not stand in a long queue, which began to set up in front of the building very early in the morning. Fortunately, it wasn't raining. Although the temperature around 5 degrees is not nice when you have to spend long hours outside. Me and Zlata, who flew from the Czech Republic, we arrived to a queue at 4pm.

MFC fans are very well organized. We prepared two "fan actions": after the first song we were to lift up the cards with the words "We've missed you". During "Tiny Love" we were to show colorful paper hearts and highlight them with our phones. Already in the queue girls distributed most of the stuff. I saved about 80 hearts for distribution on my balcony. And I did the right thing because a lot of people didn't have hearts and I gave away almost all of them. I put them as well on all (still empty) chairs for all VIPs on the left and right. Little later I explained some of them what to do with the hearts. They liked the idea!

After entering the hall, I wanted to take a seat on the left or right side of the stage, but unfortunately all these places had pinned cards with the inscription "reserved for ..." I did not notice the name Penniman on any of them. We took the first two chairs on the right in the second row. On the right was only a passage separating us from VIP seats. While waiting for the concert, we listened to music played by two DJs and waited for Mika. Every once in a while I looked at places for guests looking for familiar faces. I recognized one - Mika's little nephew, Paloma's son, Beauregard. He was probably sitting with his father.

The concert started around 9pm. Like at the "Tiny Love Tiny Tour" we heard Mika's voice talking about the Love that created the whole universe. The first color was yellow: "Love created the Sun. The Sun created us. Yellow is the color of the Sun. Yellow is the color of Love. " Mika hit the stage with the first sounds of "Ice Cream". He was dressed in a black suit made of soft fabric and a white shirt with black polka dots with frills around the neck and cuffs. Immediately after he stopped singing, we raised our cards with the words "We've missed you." Mika looked at us for a long time, smiling, then bowed deeply. He wanted to start another song, but the audience shouted "Mika, Mika, Mika" !!!!

Here is Zlata's video. I was not filming. I wated to show my piece of paper to Mika so much :lol3:

Before the song "Dear Jealousy," Mika admitted that jealousy made him return on stage. He was jealous of the Mika he used to be, so he decided to finish the new album and return on stage. Yellow is the color of love, but it is also the color of jealousy.

Then there was songs "Relax", "Origin of Love", and after them, for the first time performed on stage "Platform Balerinas". Mika and Max performed a "choreographic" arrangement. Of course they missed some steps and Max got a kick from Mika because he was just back to him :-)

Before the next song, Mika told us to close our eyes and move to a certain place in our imagination. I already knew it was an introduction to the song "Big Girl". And Mika once again jumped over the barrier and entered between the audience to sing and dance with people. An unforgettable moment for those fans who are next to him!

After returning on the stage, Mika sat down to the piano. We heard the first sounds of "Tiny Love". We took out our paper hearts and turned on the lights in our mobile phones. The whole room was filled with colorful lights.

Thank you @Emily2b for mentioning that he closed his eyes. I did not see it from far. I hope he was surprised while opening his eyes :thumb_yello:

Mika went to the first row and took a yellow heart from one of the fans and waved it during the song. Then he dropped it on the floor ... because at the moment when Mika was to sing "My name is Michael Holbrook, the woman from the music video" Tiny Love " - Ronke – appeared on the stage. We all started to shout with joy. Ronke stood behind Mika and put her hands on his eyes. Then she moved her arms simultaneously with Mika. Sometimes their gestures were synchronized, sometimes it looked like Mika had four arms. Then she left, majestically. With the last words of the song, Mika picked up a yellow heart from the stage and sang "we are giants with our tiny, tiny love" and showing it to us.

I found this video on Youtube. Someone sitting just a row behind me on the left posted it. You can see my blue heart in the right low corner.And VIPs with hearts as well :biggrin2:

I recorded fragments of songs but I tried to watch the show and feel every single second. Two next songs made me put down my mobile and listen to "Blue" and "Underwater". I was about to start spread soap bubbles. But it was so wonderful to be able to look at Mika, listen to him and sing with him that the soap bubbles became not important at all.

But then I heard the beginning of "Sanremo" and I turned my camera on again. For the first time Mika sang this song on stage. During the chorus, Mika was teasing Tim and tried to dance with him. He even grabbed his butt :-) The voice of Max singing in the background beautifully composed with Mika's voice. They both sang a part of the song standing close together. Yes, Max sings in this song almost all the time. Voice synchronization is great.

It's „Tomorrow's” turn. Of course, everyone sings with Mika. The room is filled with tiny patches of light circling the walls and auditorium. Beautiful view. As if we were under water.

Mika sits down to the piano again. We hear this characteristic sound that resembles the sound of a train on the tracks. "Lollipop". But before the song begins, Mika begins to talk about the fact that here, not far from Shepherd's Bush, one "motherf****r" dumped him at five o'clock in the morning. The audience starts doing boooo ... (You can listen to this on my Audio recording – at 50 minutes)

The whole concert audio is here. Maybe some native speaker could translate the whole speach. I did not get everything.

2019-11-10 London.mp3

Then when we hear the beginning of "Popular Song". Mika disappears from the stage. Finally he is back and we see that he changed his shirt. This time it is in red polka dots. Mika starts to move his hips and says, "I'm on Shepherd's Bush stage and I am dancing in my grandmother's blouse."

It's „Happy Ending” turn. With the words "little bit of love," fans raise their arms with their hands arranged in the shape of a heart. Some keep paper hearts up.

Finally, silence falls in the room. Mika puts the microphone away and sings acapella a fragment of the song. It also begins to be a tradition.

Mika slowly lies down on the floor and silences the audience. I already know that this is an introduction to "Love Today".

I can't listen to this song while sitting in my chair. I put my phone down and go to the passage next to the VIP seats. I start dancing with others. I have a lot of space around me, but I happen to touch the person behind me. After a while I recognize Paloma. She holds Beauregard in her arms. The child is tired and sleepy. One of the VIPs gets up from her seat and suggests Paloma to sit down. Paloma stands beside me (on my right) but does not sit down. We smile at each other. I'm starting to look at the boy.

I have flashing bracelets on both hands. I take off one of them and put it on Bobo's little hand. I show him how to switch the light. After a minute Bobo was not sleepy anymore and again began to watch the scene holding a flashing green bracelet in his hand.

I go into a crazy dance with the rhythm of "Love Today", "We Are Golden", "Grace Kelly". Even Paloma began to sway and sing. At "Tiny Love reprise" and "Stay High" we all jumped up and down and we wanted to be "high" !!!!!!

It was the end of the concert.

We slowly began to collect our things. Bobo wanted to give me the bracelet back, but I told him it was a gift and he could keep it. He was very shy. When we were heading to the exite I passed in front of Paloma and Yasmine, who joined her. I greeted them and went outside.

We wanted to wait for Mika, and I still had to go to the hotel for the gifts I brought for him. Fortunately, our hotel was right next door, so after 10 minutes me and Zlata we were back in a group of fans waiting next to the venue.

It turned out that there were two places where people were waiting for Mika. But he came to both groups. Unfortunately, there were many of us and Mika gave only a few autographs to people who were standing right next to the barrier. I was happy seeing some colorful hearts signed by Mika ❤️

I was only able to give my gift bag to a bodyguard. And after a while Mika left.

There was already a truck in front of the venue, to which the equipment from the stage was packed. Paloma, her partner, Yamine, Bobo and Mika got into the cars and drove away.

And I came back to the hotel with my head in the clouds. At 5 am I had to go to the airport. But whatever. I was so charged with positive energy (Mikaenergy) that I didn't feel tired at all.

In one month I will see a concert in Lille! This time there will be a new scenography and a new show.

See you soon, Mika !!!!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Twitter

@mikasounds mentions Shepherds Bush Empire.

Nov 10

Nov 10

Tonight in London we kick off the European leg of the Revelation tour.

After an amazing run of shows in N America I am so thrilled to be back on stage, especially starting off in a city that is so close to my heart and part of my story.

The show tonight is a pure musical one... the ones that will follow in the weeks coming, are a beautiful poetic circus of a show.

We will be travelling around Europe with our 6 trucks and 39 strong team to bring you a show that is intimate and moving.

Let the wonderful, joyous, delicious madness commence.... once again ;)
#revelationtour #mynameismichaelholbrook #mika

Nov 11

Last night at

in London was particularly special. An explosion of warmth and joy.

We were a clan in our own world and the result was as moving as it was spectacularly fun.

Thank you so very much. Xx now off to Barcelona!

21h

Beautiful images from

capturing the first night of the Revelation Tour. Thank you London!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, silver said:

Anna, thanks for your review.

Your idea with the coloured hearts worked so well :flowers2:

Thank you ❤️  It looked exactly as I imagined.

Thanks to all the girls involved we had about 2'000 hearts.

I am happy that people have kept the hearts as a suvenir and asked Mika to sign them :original:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

I just wanted to do a quick post to say how AMAZING the show was!! I loved it as soon as Mika came on stage I burst into tears of joy! Also when he came out the stage door! He came up to me and asked what my name was (As I was crying) and then said “Hi Emmy” and stroked my hair! We then got a picture together and he signed an autograph for me, l loved all the fan actions and the atmosphere was just the best! It was also amazing to be so close the front of standing!!! I can’t wait until I see him next hopefully in the near future💕🥳🥺3207FC05-B07D-4D3F-8DD0-9577381ED19D.thumb.jpeg.db59effa7b2f9d5324bd4d4eca1ed71a.jpegCE295B6E-A9FA-4845-9FFA-12CDF7F60296.thumb.jpeg.92dadc1c9985cea62d33991f45775888.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, EmmyGannon said:

I just wanted to do a quick post to say how AMAZING the show was!! I loved it as soon as Mika came on stage I burst into tears of joy! Also when he came out the stage door! He came up to me and asked what my name was (As I was crying) and then said “Hi Emmy” and stroked my hair! We then got a picture together and he signed an autograph for me, l loved all the fan actions and the atmosphere was just the best! It was also amazing to be so close the front of standing!!! I can’t wait until I see him next hopefully in the near future💕🥳🥺3207FC05-B07D-4D3F-8DD0-9577381ED19D.thumb.jpeg.db59effa7b2f9d5324bd4d4eca1ed71a.jpegCE295B6E-A9FA-4845-9FFA-12CDF7F60296.thumb.jpeg.92dadc1c9985cea62d33991f45775888.jpeg

Wonderful! I am so happy for you ❤️

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EmmyGannon said:

Aww, that's sweet! :wub2: Did he actually talk when he came to the front side of the venue after the show? We were at the back, and there he didn't talk at all, to save his voice.

On Instagram, user cplemos has posted a few clips of the show in his stories. I think they'll be deleted soon, as they were uploaded yesterday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Aww, that's sweet! :wub2: Did he actually talk when he came to the front side of the venue after the show? We were at the back, and there he didn't talk at all, to save his voice.

On Instagram, user cplemos has posted a few clips of the show in his stories. I think they'll be deleted soon, as they were uploaded yesterday.

Awh he wasn’t speaking that much, but when he saw me he skipped a few people and came to me and spoke to me, then went back as I left to let others forward cx Paloma also walked past with Beauregard and they said hi to a few people while walking past everyone and Beauregard was even giving a few high-fives!

• Like 7

Chriss filmed and shared many videos on youtube. Thanks a million to her :hug::flowers2:

Ice cream
https://youtu.be/RKTJGVS12TY

Dear Jealousy
https://youtu.be/aBSafrYu5pE

Relax (Take it easy)
https://youtu.be/4FBp2mLY_Hk

Origin of Love https://youtu.be/015tVnEbolg

Platform Ballerina
https://youtu.be/Obo_IU08JhY

Big Girl (You are beautiful)
https://youtu.be/_TI6x_OK4T0

Tiny Love
https://youtu.be/pVkH4TqfTJY

Blue
https://youtu.be/xWxUmAkB5Xo

Underwater
https://youtu.be/WJ4o1BrGask

Sanremo
https://youtu.be/Q1m63gnFs78

Tomorrow
https://youtu.be/oHUwZB9xPiY

Lollipop
https://youtu.be/45H2T3_mgOw

Popular
https://youtu.be/t_Ez__wLA1E

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Alot of my videos of the concert have me singing in so I wont upload them to save your ears 😂

As always Mika was brilliant and was a lovely way to spend my birthday ❤ He sang most of the songs I wanted to hear and was good to hear some of the older songs. 

Concert seemed to be over really quickly sadly but hoping Mika comes back to London soon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1