Tour rumours 2020

NaoMika

Mika invité du Sakifo 2020

L. Fontaine

dimanche 8 mars 2020

https://blog.monticket.re/articles/mika-invite-du-sakifo-2020

ebc8d22d-6472-45e2-9b0e-b008fdb1da75-Mik

C'est au cours de la soirée de samedi des Francofolies de la Réunion, que l'équipe du Sakifo a dévoilé cet artiste pour le festival Sakifo 2020. Le chanteur pop Britannique MIKA est l'invité de cette nouvelle édition.

Les festivaliers des Francofolies de la Réunion de ce samedi, le savent déjà et ont eu la primeur de cette annonce. Mika sera bien l'invité de cette édition 2020 du Sakifo. Après un Ben Harper en 2019, l'équipe de Jérôme Galabert met une nouvelle fois, les petits plats dans les grands pour une édition musicale très alléchante. Habitué des grandes scènes internationales, le concert ou plutôt le SHOW de Mika sera à coup sûr, un moment incontournable du festival et de mois de mai à La Réunion.

(Google translation)

It was during the Saturday evening of the Francofolies de la Réunion that the Sakifo team unveiled this artist for the Sakifo 2020 festival. The British pop singer MIKA is the guest of this new edition.

The Francofolies de la Réunion festival-goers on this Saturday already know this and were the first to hear this announcement. Mika will be the guest of this 2020 edition of Sakifo. After a Ben Harper in 2019, Jérôme Galabert's team is once again putting small dishes in the big ones for a very enticing musical edition. Accustomed to large international stages, the concert or rather the SHOW of Mika will be for sure, an essential moment of the festival and of May in Reunion.

Facebook

18 minutes ago, silver said:

Gigs being cancelled everywhere now :sad: - looks like the Lollapalooza dates might be next :crybaby:

Yes, it seems likely. :(

Also, a few of the cities Mika is supposed to play early in April have announced restrictions on large gatherings, which effectively cancels concerts of several hundred people -- San Diego and Seattle, for example.  Here in DC, the venue Mika is supposed to play at in May has cancelled ALL shows regardless of size until March 31. Who knows if that will be extended?

I've been in touch with Mika's team and they aren't ready to make any announcements on any of the other dates or the tour yet, but as soon as we hear something for sure, we'll post about it. Until then it's all just speculation. Besides, the tour will be rescheduled. We just need to get through this crisis period. Hang in there, everyone! :group_hug:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

No, this festival date has NOT been officially confirmed yet. And this is probably not the time to expect any official announcements, unfortunately.

On 3/9/2020 at 7:34 PM, NaoMika said:

Is this festival officially comfirmed?

Announced by the organiser a few weeks ago, but not listed on MIKA's official site.

PORTO LATINO 2020

http://portolatino.fr/mika/?

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3ODU3MzM4MTE1Nzc1MjM5?igshid=18tmdr5a9mg0w

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...

Apparently Macron said on TV tonight that festivals won't take place until Mid-July. So I suppose we can soon expect some cancellations or postponements of the Disneyland Pride and other French festivals. :emot-sad: Sad, but it was to be expected.

End of July and August are still unsure, but let's say, I don't really expect any of the planned Mika gigs to happen anymore until autumn, at least. :emot-sad: Rather next year when hopefully there'll be a vaccine.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

End of July and August are still unsure, but let's say, I don't really expect any of the planned Mika gigs to happen anymore until autumn, at least. :emot-sad: Rather next year when hopefully there'll be a vaccine.

Maybe I am a dreamer but I hope there will be new quick tests available. Actually there are more and more in different countries. In a few minutes we are able to find out if you have antibodies or not ect.

Some countries think already to let people go back to work after having negative test result. (Spain, USA)

The idea is to isolate sick people and let live normally healthy ones.

4 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Maybe I am a dreamer but I hope there will be new quick tests available. Actually there are more and more in different countries. In a few minutes we are able to find out if you have antibodies or not ect.

Some countries think already to let people go back to work after having negative test result. (Spain, USA)

The idea is to isolate sick people and let live normally healthy ones.

Yes, with things like that it might be possible. Or if they find a medicine, so people don't die. Just without any of this, I can't see concerts happening.

We'll just have to wait and see. :rolleyes:

As you say, we have to wait and see what will happen but I have one thing clear ( I speak for myself) I do not want to risk my health among 2000 or more people I don't know if they can infect me and  it's not just gigs, going to a summer festivals it means traveling, taking flights, trains, hotels etc...and the way things are right now,  I see it risky.

At concerts I want to enjoy every moment and not with fear thinking where can I catch the virus, so I don't know how things will evolve but I would prefer that they all be postponed to 2021.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mikasister said:

As you say, we have to wait and see what will happen but I have one thing clear ( I speak for myself) I do not want to risk my health among 2000 or more people I don't know if they can infect me and  it's not just gigs, going to a summer festivals it means traveling, taking flights, trains, hotels etc...and the way things are right now,  I see it risky.

At concerts I want to enjoy every moment and not with fear thinking where can I catch the virus, so I don't know how things will evolve but I would prefer that they all be postponed to 2021.

I think that it's not likely that we will be even allowed to leave the country during the Summer 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

The cancellation of Disneyland Paris Pride is confirmed: https://pride.disneylandparis.com/en-gb 

They say it's postponed to June 2021, but tickets will be automatically refunded, so I suppose the 2021 date is just the regular 2021 one and we'll know next year when the artists are announced if Mika will be there. :dunno:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

https://foireenscene.fr/programmation/mika/

Foire En Scène

Saturday, 5 September 2020 from 20:30-22:30 UTC+02

https://www.facebook.com/events/169165804385127/

84720483_2967237876622309_2898989765296652288_o.jpg

On the one hand I'm surprised they announce artists at this point - but on the other hand, if the state sets no clear rules for that time, the festival organizers have no choice but to go on with the planning, maybe hoping for a miracle. Even in Germany the rule that big events can't take place is only until August 31. Maybe it'd be better if the states just set these rules for the rest of the year, so organizers and visitors can plan better. But well, there's lots of money involved. Like for the Munich Oktoberfest, we're talking about billions of Euros just for these 2 weeks. They want to decide in the next few weeks what they'll do. I expect that it'll be cancelled.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mellody said:

On the one hand I'm surprised they announce artists at this point - but on the other hand, if the state sets no clear rules for that time, the festival organizers have no choice but to go on with the planning, maybe hoping for a miracle. Even in Germany the rule that big events can't take place is only until August 31. Maybe it'd be better if the states just set these rules for the rest of the year, so organizers and visitors can plan better. But well, there's lots of money involved. Like for the Munich Oktoberfest, we're talking about billions of Euros just for these 2 weeks. They want to decide in the next few weeks what they'll do. I expect that it'll be cancelled.

I do, too. Mika's team hasn't announced it officially, and Mika himself said that the festival season was basically dead this year.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

11 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I do, too. Mika's team hasn't announced it officially, and Mika himself said that the festival season was basically dead this year.  🤷‍♀️

I think they simply have to go on until the government make an official restriction that will affect them because of the contracts they have. They can't cancel it on their own, they have to wait and until then continue with the promo even though they probably know it won't happen anyway... But that's the deal they have to follow. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I was talking about the Oktoberfest but of course you're right, also this festival. After what Mika said, it's obvious. I'm glad he's being realistic and not trying to make people believe it'll happen.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

That's great. Did you buy a ticket for Carcassonne?  

Yes, I did, before Verona was announced. For Carcassonne I think they said they'd decide about ticket refunds on June 15?

20 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes, I did, before Verona was announced. For Carcassonne I think they said they'd decide about ticket refunds on June 15?

They'll try to reschedule the concerts and let people know 

1 minute ago, carafon said:

They'll try to reschedule the concerts and let people know 

Yeah, but the 2 General Admission tickets I have I'll give back, if possible. If the festival takes place next year with Mika and I can go, I'll try to get numbered tickets this time before they're sold out - or I can still buy the GA ones again, they weren't sold out. I think I sold the numbered one to you, right? And I bought that one from another fan, so if it's not rescheduled, we'll DM about how we organize it that you get the refund. There'll be some more of that, I guess, as in several cases I bought tickets for others (or for myself and then sold them for different reasons). Ah well, even if it's not the kind of organization I'd like to be doing, obviously I'd prefer to BUY tickets and book travels - at least it's some sort of organization, there's not much to be organized these days, and I miss that. :dunno:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes. I wanted to ask you if the same ticket would be valid if Mika returns next year, as he said he wants to go back to all the festivals that he has not been able to go this year.

• Like 1