Tour rumours 2020

NaoMika

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

Yes. I wanted to ask you if the same ticket would be valid if Mika returns next year, as he said he wants to go back to all the festivals that he has not been able to go this year.

I think that's what they'd like to do, if possible, because that way they wouldn't lose that much money. I find it interesting that Mika now talked about next year, when before he said that nothing can be planned right now and he wouldn't want to have to reschedule or cancel the rescheduled dates again. I mean, on the one hand I'd love to keep my excellent tickets for seated gigs like Verona or Cap Roig for next year, but on the other hand I'm not sure it'll be possible next year. The big events will be the last thing to come back, and it's understandable. But who knows, I also never would've thought that they'd loosen the other restrictions so fast now. At least until next year they could work out a concept for how people can keep a distance to each other in venues. Sure that won't be the same, but maybe better than nothing, in case they still haven't found a vaccine next year. :dunno:

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, mellody said:

I think that's what they'd like to do, if possible, because that way they wouldn't lose that much money. I find it interesting that Mika now talked about next year, when before he said that nothing can be planned right now and he wouldn't want to have to reschedule or cancel the rescheduled dates again. I mean, on the one hand I'd love to keep my excellent tickets for seated gigs like Verona or Cap Roig for next year, but on the other hand I'm not sure it'll be possible next year. The big events will be the last thing to come back, and it's understandable. But who knows, I also never would've thought that they'd loosen the other restrictions so fast now. At least until next year they could work out a concept for how people can keep a distance to each other in venues. Sure that won't be the same, but maybe better than nothing, in case they still haven't found a vaccine next year. :dunno:

In Carcassonne I think they will give people the choice to get their money back and keep their tick for next year...I really hope they find an efficient way to get rid of that virus as fast as possible , it is so sad that all our plans have to be changed :tears:  :crybaby:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

What do You think about the Chalons en Champagne thing? 

The festival is promoting it, but well, I don't really get how it could likely happen 🤷‍♀️

Anyway on Mika official page is not listed at the moment

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maggie112 said:

What do You think about the Chalons en Champagne thing? 

The festival is promoting it, but well, I don't really get how it could likely happen 🤷‍♀️

Anyway on Mika official page is not listed at the moment

It was never listed , probably because it's the general entrance ticket that allows people to be part of the concert .

Don't know if the fair is going to happen but I'd bet an ice cream or 2 that the concerts won't , unless they have a very strict sanitary process

• Sad 1

@Kumazzz as it's not officially confirmed by Mika or his team, I moved your post to the tour rumours. It's obvious the organizers want it to happen, they're pushing it forward - but even if the fair and the music festival do happen, I don't know if Mika will actually perform. Sure, it's the only hope for a gig we still have for this year, but as he cancelled all the others, why should this one be an exception? I doubt they can guarantee safety from the virus. And it seems to me that Mika wants to reschedule his tour as a whole, instead of just single gigs or festivals.

But who knows. I hope for a miracle, I'd definitely go if Mika performs there. I just find it highly unlikely, especially also looking at the new outbreaks of the virus in different places where the restrictions get loosened a lot, or people don't keep to wearing masks and social distancing. It's not over and I suppose this lockdown of the last few months won't have been our last. :sad:

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, mellody said:

@Kumazzz as it's not officially confirmed by Mika or his team, I moved your post to the tour rumours. It's obvious the organizers want it to happen, they're pushing it forward - but even if the fair and the music festival do happen, I don't know if Mika will actually perform. Sure, it's the only hope for a gig we still have for this year, but as he cancelled all the others, why should this one be an exception? I doubt they can guarantee safety from the virus. And it seems to me that Mika wants to reschedule his tour as a whole, instead of just single gigs or festivals.

But who knows. I hope for a miracle, I'd definitely go if Mika performs there. I just find it highly unlikely, especially also looking at the new outbreaks of the virus in different places where the restrictions get loosened a lot, or people don't keep to wearing masks and social distancing. It's not over and I suppose this lockdown of the last few months won't have been our last. :sad:

I am both in doubt and a bit hopeful because restaurants and some small indoor venues have started to be open again as well as movie theaters in France already so maybe festivals will follow in September....but since the virus is still there not a clue how things will go....what will happen is unpredictible...of course I would love the festivals to be back...we have to wait and see how things will evolve with time. And I also think Mika wants to reschedule his whole tour like you said Mellody.

They seem to say all precautions will be taken regarding security in their answer to Sylvaine so I really don't know what to think :dunno:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that  it"s now official that Mika won't be there and honestly I'm kind of relieved

I even can't believe that they are still thinking that other concerts will ba able to happen

For me it's just crazy ….

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mellody said:

It's from the 10th of July and they still were selling tickets! OK, it's only 7 EUR. But it's not faire to keep this information secret.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently there's an info in some French newspaper that the Foire de Chalons is now cancelled completely, and some fans already got their money back. On the website I see nothing about it yet. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mellody said:

Apparently there's an info in some French newspaper that the Foire de Chalons is now cancelled completely, and some fans already got their money back. On the website I see nothing about it yet. 

Yes it was unsurprisely confirmed on TV

• Like 4

On 8/17/2020 at 2:41 PM, mellody said:

I personally got my money back on the 14th. They've been really quick! 🙂

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
They say that Mika has cancelled all his tour for 2021:

http://www.pauseguitare.net/pause-guitare-sud-de-france-sinvite-chez-vous-2-2-2/

Ça y’est, nous venons d’avoir l’information, et comme promis, nous vous la transmettons rapidement.

MIKA annule toute sa tournée  2021.

Nous sommes, comme vous, tout aussi déçus par cette nouvelle…

MIKA était censé clôturer en beauté la soirée du samedi 10 juillet 2021 aux cotés de Les Frangines, Alain Souchon et Vianney.

Soyez sûrs que dès aujourd’hui, nous mettons tout en oeuvre pour le remplacer par une ou un artiste tout aussi exceptionnel.

Nous sommes déjà sur plusieurs pistes qui, nous l’espérons, seront à la hauteur de vos attentes.

Nous n’avons pas dit notre dernier mot concernant la programmation de Pause Guitare Sud de France 2021. 

Tous les billets soirée et les forfaits 3 et 4 jours de 2020 restent valables pour 2021.

Il n’y aura aucune démarche à effectuer, juste à conserver son billet ! La billetterie est ouverte pour toutes les soirées de la grande scène de Pratgraussals.

Les festivaliers ont jusqu’au 25 septembre 2020 pour demander le remboursement de leur billet.
Dès maintenant, les procédures de report, de remboursement et de don sont en ligne sur le site (onglet remboursement).

Edited by krysady
  • Sad 4

• 1 month later...

It seems Mika would've played at a festival in France on his birthday this year: https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/chateauroux/chateauroux-mika-a-darc-le-reve-envole - from what I understand, they were very happy to get him and now of course are very sad that he cancelled his complete 2021 tour, so they'll have to find someone else for next year.

Birthday gigs are always awesome - not sure I could've made it, just a week after Verona, but I definitely would have tried. And I love it that he had planned to spend his bday with his fans. :wub2: I hope he'll catch up on that when the pandemic is over. ☺

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 9/18/2020 at 2:44 PM, krysady said:
They say that Mika has cancelled all his tour for 2021:

This news makes me extremely sad.  I understand he may have other commitments or wants to keep everyone safe, but after the terrible year we've all had I was really hoping for some new shows in 2021 :emot-sad:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

This news makes me extremely sad.  I understand he may have other commitments or wants to keep everyone safe, but after the terrible year we've all had I was really hoping for some new shows in 2021 :emot-sad:

He's just realistic, and I'm glad about it. Normal shows won't be possible in 2021. If there's a vaccine soon, we may have a chance in a year maybe, more likely in 2022. If there isn't, this is gonna take a looooong time. In that case maybe he'll look into other options, like I've seen last summer, open air gigs with separate spaces for everyone, ways to do it despite the pandemic. But I think he, like most of us, still hopes it'll be over in a year or two, at the most. I'm glad that he doesn't make any plans for gigs at this point, because you can't plan. You can't plan the number of visitors that are allowed to attend, you can't plan which hygiene concepts will be necessary at a certain time. His fans can't plan travels, and many probably wouldn't even be keen on planning to buy tickets, after the refund chaos with the last ones. And if the situation is still unsure when the gig happens, he has to decide again, put people at risk or cancel? I'm glad that he decided to cancel right away for now. And I'm sure he'll keep on doing projects, and hopefully also keep in contact with us via social media, to keep us entertained despite this gloomy outlook on gigs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mellody said:

He's just realistic, and I'm glad about it. Normal shows won't be possible in 2021. If there's a vaccine soon, we may have a chance in a year maybe, more likely in 2022. If there isn't, this is gonna take a looooong time. In that case maybe he'll look into other options, like I've seen last summer, open air gigs with separate spaces for everyone, ways to do it despite the pandemic. But I think he, like most of us, still hopes it'll be over in a year or two, at the most. I'm glad that he doesn't make any plans for gigs at this point, because you can't plan. You can't plan the number of visitors that are allowed to attend, you can't plan which hygiene concepts will be necessary at a certain time. His fans can't plan travels, and many probably wouldn't even be keen on planning to buy tickets, after the refund chaos with the last ones. And if the situation is still unsure when the gig happens, he has to decide again, put people at risk or cancel? I'm glad that he decided to cancel right away for now. And I'm sure he'll keep on doing projects, and hopefully also keep in contact with us via social media, to keep us entertained despite this gloomy outlook on gigs.

The sooner the vaccine is available, the better.  I think you're right - even if there was a chance he could tour next year, the gigs wouldn't be "normal" and that would take much of the enjoyment away.

I suppose one positive is that we can think about how we'll reeeeeeaaaally enjoy the gigs when they return :original:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

The sooner the vaccine is available, the better.  I think you're right - even if there was a chance he could tour next year, the gigs wouldn't be "normal" and that would take much of the enjoyment away.

I suppose one positive is that we can think about how we'll reeeeeeaaaally enjoy the gigs when they return :original:

He'll have to play a stadium for his first gig after the pandemic, because everyone will want to go. :teehee:

• Like 2

• dcdeb unpinned this topic