20. Tiny Love Reprise / Stay High

REPORTS

PICS

VIDEOS

PRESS

First photo with fan action and glowing hearts

Edited by Kumazzz
updating

Still too tired to write a report, will do that on the train this afternoon - but that gig was really amazing, definitely goes in the list of my fave ever Mika gigs! :fangurl:  And it also didn't feel too short, like London, although in fact it was just 10 minutes longer (my last pic of M and the band bowing is from 22:38). It's funny, cause he added 3 more songs (edit: no, ok, it was just 2 - I forgot he did Sanremo in London), compared to London, I also didn't have the feeling that he talked less, and he even did a few extra singalongs and stuff, like at the end of Relax. But still it was just about 10 minutes longer, and felt at least half an hour longer - how does he do that?! :lmfao: :kaf:

Here's my attempt at the setlist, though I'm not sure anymore about the correct order, maybe someone else remembers better:

Ice Cream

Dear Jealousy

Relax

Origin of Love

Platform Ballerinas

Big Girl

Tiny Love

Blue

Underwater

Tomorrow

Lollipop

Popular Song

Elle me dit

Happy Ending

Love you when I'm drunk

Grace Kelly

Good Guys

Love Today

We Are Golden

Tiny Love Reprise / Stay High

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Adding some videos here, while I still have Wifi:

Talk before Lollipop:

Happy Ending off-mic (and the guy who shouted Love you when I'm drunk :naughty:

LYWID first part:

(I've posted the 2nd part on my IG mellody_mfc yesterday)

He might've regretted asking us if we had any more song requests :naughty::

Beginning of Good Guys:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

Till "Lollipop" it was according the setlist, but then we could request more or less anything :-) That's why Grace Kelly was played early, normally it is the encore.

What an amazing night, everybody was singing, dancing, jumping, very few smartphones in the air....

• Like 6

I wasn't entirely sure what to expect from this gig, because at Mika's last concert in Zürich in 2015 the queuing and entering the venue was very disorganised and chaotic. It turned out that this time there weren't nearly as many people who arrived early (maybe because the weather was pretty cold), so it was much easier to get a good place. The concert itself was amazing. Mika was in a really good mood and he smiled a lot, even though you could hear that his voice wasn't at its best. He was very happy and touched when he saw our glowstick hearts during Tiny Love. As you can see from the videos that have already been posted, during a quiet moment before the last part of Happy Ending some guy shouted a request for I Only Love You When I'm Drunk, and Mika actually did it! He complained about not being able to remember the lyrics (before reading them from Nina's phone) and told that guy it was all his fault, but he also added that he was f***ing enjoying himself. 😉 Then he asked for other requests, but couldn't understand what people were saying. Finally some people successfully requested Grace Kelly (which was a total waste of a request if you ask me, since he was going to do that song anyway). Then someone reqested Good Guys, so we finally got to hear a song from NPIH during this tour! It took Mika a while to explain to his band how to play this song, and he couldn't remember the lyrics perfectly this time either, but the performance was still great. It felt really special to be a part of this gig. ❤️

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

On the train now, with lots of time to write a report. 😄 So be prepared, this is gonna be long!

I won't tell much about the queueing, for not to make it even longer, but all in all it was pretty relaxed.

We had prepared the glowstick hearts in the queue, attaching glowsticks to holders, so we could hand them out to everyone. @Graciosa , @Statue_of_Liberty, @Tina78 and me had prepared over 1000 holders in the last 2-3 months. Also many thanks to everyone in the queue who helped attaching the glowsticks to the holders, handed them out to the crowd or contributed with money, that way we were able to cover a part of our expenses. :thumb_yello:

When the doors opened, people stayed relatively calm, there was only a little bit of pushing. I ended up getting a good place in 2nd row center, behind Saskia, Nina and Tina. After a young lady had been DJing for half an hour (as always, mostly not my kind of music...), we got a fantastic pre-gig playlist, which was much better than in London and included Youth & Love, Queen, Prince and George Michael. :biggrin2:

At 2 minutes to 9 the intro started, and finally Mika was there, right in front of us, and it felt soo good to see him again! :fangurl: During Ice Cream, the girls next to me were wearing Ice Cream glasses and threw them on stage... Mika took one and Mitch was the "lucky" one who got to wear it. :lmfao: He's cool though, I already like him, he plays along really well to Mika's silly (and funny!) ideas. :naughty: Later for EMD Mika pulled him from behind his keyboard to dance, and he did some sort of Riverdance style, that was absolutely hilarious! :lmao:

Some people couldn't wait and held up their glowing hearts already from the beginning of the show. At some point during the first or 2nd song though, Mika signed them to put down the hearts - he made a heart with his fingers and then showed "no" with his hands towards some in the back who held them up. I absolutely love him for doing that! :wub2:

The surprise with the glowing hearts for Tiny Love worked really well, although Mika obviously knew what was coming. He stopped singing 2 times during the first verses of the song, and changed the last line of the 2nd verse to something with "fluor" (I have a shaky video of it, which I might upload later, but I can't understand what exactly he sings). Unfortunately I couldn't see him well behind the piano, I hope someone filmed his reaction from a better angle. :wub2:

As you can hear in my video of HE, before the off-mic part someone shouted "Love you when I'm drunk!". Mika asked back "how about when you're sober?!" :lmfao: I hadn't understood what the guy shouted during the show, so it came as a total surprise to me when Mika played LYWID! I knew something was going on, because he gave special instructions to Tim. At some point he said "My band is a bit stressed.". :naughty: I bet they were! But they did really well.

After the song he asked "Any other requests?!" - I thought it was meant in an ironic way, but seems it wasn't. :teehee: In my corner some fans asked for BBB, but some in the back started shouting Grace Kelly, which is what he did then. I didn't really care, most of the songs he doesn't play much these days would've been fine for me, but really, requesting GK?! :aah::doh: So I was happy he also played Good Guys, at least one song from NPIH. :wub2: I love this spontaenity, the things he does on stage without caring about whether it might be silly or weird, whether he messes up the lyrics, etc... these shows are the most special! :swoon: I'd prefer a show like this any time over a show that is planned and executed in almost every detail, as for example Bercy was. That's one of the reasons why I travel to so many of his gigs, to have a bigger chance of not missing such gems. :wub2:

After the show I went to buy me a T-Shirt at the merch stand, collected some hearts from the floor, to use for future gigs :teehee: and then went outside, just to hear from a friend that Mika had already left, without stopping. That was a rather aprupt crash from my cloud, and it took a while to sink in, while I circled the venue, looking for a sign that she might've been wrong. Sure, that was a bit silly, but whatever - I think the fresh air did me good. :naughty: Anyway, despite my disappointment I'm happy that he now takes better care of himself, instead of hanging around backstage for ages after the gigs and then spending time with us fans outside in the cold - I always used to be worried about him when he did that. And well, the gig was SO special that I'm (back) on my cloud despite not seeing him after. PMGD hasn't kicked in yet, but I'm sure it will, when RL calls me back.

Until then... I'm gonna stay hiiiiiigh! :cloud:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Ok, it's not a good idea to do silly things like green glowstick glasses while the press photographers are still there. 🙈 :lmfao: The 2nd pic is cool though - everyone singing "eeeeasy" for Relax, I guess. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, mellody said:

Still too tired to write a report, will do that on the train this afternoon - but that gig was really amazing, definitely goes in the list of my fave ever Mika gigs! :fangurl:  And it also didn't feel too short, like London, although in fact it was just 10 minutes longer (my last pic of M and the band bowing is from 22:38). It's funny, cause he added 3 more songs (edit: no, ok, it was just 2 - I forgot he did Sanremo in London), compared to London, I also didn't have the feeling that he talked less, and he even did a few extra singalongs and stuff, like at the end of Relax. But still it was just about 10 minutes longer, and felt at least half an hour longer - how does he do that?! :lmfao: :kaf:

Here's my attempt at the setlist, though I'm not sure anymore about the correct order, maybe someone else remembers better:

Ice Cream

Dear Jealousy

Relax

Origin of Love

Platform Ballerinas

Big Girl

Tiny Love

Blue

Underwater

Tomorrow

Lollipop

Popular Song

Elle me dit

Happy Ending

Love you when I'm drunk

Grace Kelly

Good Guys

Love Today

Tiny Love Reprise / Stay High

he also did We Are Golden

Yesterday I was really tired after spending two nights in a bus so I'll write my report today... But first of all I wanted to share the only video I made that night. I usually don't take videos on concerts because I like to dance and if I'm taking a video, I have to stay still because otherwise the video is a mess. So I prefer to enjoy the moment and move like crazy... :naughty: However, this moment was so special I made an exception. Mika was so cute... :biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I hope this report won't be too long and messy because it was in fact a long trip that took 36 hours of which we spent almost 20 in the bus... If you want to skip the travel part, you can continue right away with the next paragraph. We travelled the night before the concert at 11 pm and arrived in the morning at 9 am to Zurich. The bus ride was ok even though the bus was stopped in Germany by the police at about 1:30 am and they checked the IDs of all the passengers, even some luggage etc. It took quite long but the same happened when we travelled back home so I guess it's not unusual when you travel by a night bus line but I'm not used to it and it never happened to me on a day bus before... Also the police men were quite unfriendly (without a reason) so it wasn't a pleasant experience. The same also happened once in Switzerland on the border crossing but at least the Swiss customs officers weren't as rude as the Germans. But other than that, both bus rides were smooth and I even got some sleep as the bus wasn't full so the seat next to me was empty and I could stretch my legs a bit more. It took me a while in the morning to recover from the night but in the afternoon after we took a walk in the city centre and got some food, I started to feel much better and quite fresh. It was a nice sunny (but also cold) day.

After a few hours of sightseeing and a McDonald's visit (actually the most expensive McDonald's food I ever had but I didn't expect anything else in Switzerland), we finally arrived to the venue. It took about one hour to get there by walk from the city centre (after the concert we took the bus instead). We saw just a few people queuing so we decided to get another snack (there was another McDonald's next to the venue :naughty:) because it was still quite early and also very cold. At about 3:30 pm we finally joined the other fans in the queue. We got the number 28 and 29. We were freezing after a couple of minutes but we somehow managed to stay movable till 7 pm. The door opening was a bit hectic with some pushing but we got there early enough and had a great view in the third row right in the middle. By the way...

On 11/23/2019 at 1:10 PM, Kumazzz said:

77347781_2540330559378511_2268559020887375872_o.jpg

...you can find me on this pic in the middle in the blue grey pink striped sweater. :teehee: The opening act at 8 pm was a DJ with a 30 minute set, it wasn't too bad but also not my cup of tea to be honest. However, I really appreciated the song choices right before Mika's show, they started with Youth & Love and then they played songs like I Want to Break Free. I had the feeling this one song warmed the crowd up much better than the whole DJ set, many people around me began singing loud... :biggrin2: Besides Queen they also played Prince and George Michael. This really set up the mood better than the support act (no offence but the DJ set wasn't as suitable for Mika fans in my opinion). Even though the venue was quite small and wasn't even sold out, as you can see on the pics it was crowded enough and the atmosphere there was great.

The show started on time at 9 pm. Right from the beginning it had a great energy with songs like Ice Cream, Dear Jealousy and of course Relax, which warmed up the crowd a lot. I won't comment on each song but I have to say many of them sound even better live, especially Dear Jealousy, Platform Ballerinas and also the part of Stay High he sings at the end of the show. Another highlight was Big Girl, not that much because of the song itself but because we were right in the middle so we had a great view on Mika when he entered the crowd. I stood right in front of him when he sat and leaned on the barrier and started to sing. It would make a great photo but I didn't want to ruin the moment so I was just enjoying the fact that he was so near. The whole crowd was moving and jumping with Mika as he was walking through and dancing, it felt really special to be a part of it. 

He didn't talk that much in the beginning but later he became quite talkative and then there was the adorable LYWID situation (I posted the video above) which made the concert extraordinary. As Mika said, I also don't like when a show is always the same and I appreciate when the artist starts to improvise because these are the moments you are going to remember after the show. When he was asking for more song requests, I was hoping he would choose Sanremo as it slowly became one of my favourite songs from MNIMH. He didn't but I wasn't disappointed at all when he began singing another song – Good Guys! I love NPIH, it's still my favourite Mika record and I was so mad that he didn't sing a song from it during the tour. I really hoped for it but I knew the chances he would change his setlist in Zurich and add a NPIH song were low. But he did it in the end and I loved it! :cheer:

I hope I will get a chance to go to another of his shows next year as one really isn't enough but he has to add some new tour dates so I don't have to travel almost 1 400 km altogether again to see him live... :pray: However, now I'm happy I was able to be a part of at least one of his shows even though the trip was quite exhausting but it was definitely worth it! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the pics, vids and reports. I will load up some later but I will give my five cents so far. I  was really happy to be on a gig  and to meet friends again. We had an apartment near the venue. It was a good possibility for a warm up during waiting at the queue even we are not so early up like others and it was the right decision for us, also I have to pay attention cause I have a cold. All in al the queuing worked well and it was perfect organized by some MFC ers( thanks for that). Sadly some later coming fans were queue jumpers , its a pity when  people behave that unfair way but it is fact that  some always do. For gods sake, not the majority.

When the security opened the gate I was near to fall down cause of the barrier.  As far I could I went into the venue and got a place at the front row at the left sight. My friends were on the right side. Before the show I talked to two friendly swiss fans and they asked me about our fan action and when they have to raise up the hearts and then we keep on waiting for Mika. I don't know what others thought about the support DJ but I found the music she played  very boring. As Mika came on stage I felt very happy and I noticed how much I missed this.  It felt so great to dance with him to Big girls and to hear the wonderful new songs and I really enjoyed each all, the new and older ones. His reaction to the glowing hearts,  unpayable. I still feel the same flame for Mika  as as on my first gig and I'm looking forward to my next in Paris and the  circus which is just possible in bigger venues even I could not say  a big venue is better than a small, both kind of shows which are played have their charme Just my five cents...

• Like 8