2019 @ Komplex 457, Zurich 22 November REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Anna Ko Kolkowska

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

Do you know who gave or threw him the glasses?

2134189324_Zrich22_11.2019(5).thumb.jpg.

Yes, it was the 2 girls you can see in both fan pictures, right next to us, with the LGBT flags around their necks. They threw the glasses on stage for Mika, but Mika made Mitch wear them. Looks kinda scary on him, lol! :lmfao:

Edit: here's my video of Mika's reaction to our surprise. Sorry it's so messy, and I also missed the first part of his reaction. 

And some of my pix:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Thanks! Seems to be some sort of blog / fan review site, but it's good to see that the author enjoyed the show and understands what Mika is about.

• Like 1

PRESS

Bäckstage

xn--bckstage-0za.ch

Mika und die leuchtenden Herzen

Im Komplex 457 leuchteten die Herzen für Mika. Wortwörtlich. Denn eine Gruppe Fans hat Leuchtherzen gekauft oder gebastelt und am Konzert verteilt, sodass zusammen mit dem libanesisch-britischen Musiker nicht nur im Chor gesungen werden konnte, sondern sich der Saal in ein Meer aus Licht verwandelte. Sogar einigen Leute der Security wurden Herzen in die Hände gedrückt und sie tanzten für einen Moment mit. Ein schönes, friedliches Bild.

Um 21 Uhr hüpfte Mika auf die Bühne und wer ihn schon live gesehen hat, weiss dass das genau so gemeint ist. Der Künstler zeigt gerne Verrenkungen und Sprünge bei denen man hofft, dass er sich nichts zerrt. Aber genau diese Energie, die ansteckende Euphorie, ist ein Markenzeichen von Mika. Neben der markanten Stimme und dem Faible für bunten Pop.

Mika trug eine hellblaue Stoffhose und ein weisses Hemd mit Rüschen sowie einen passenden, hellblauen Blazer, der aber relativ rasch ausgezogen wurde. Dass ihm bei so viel Action wahrscheinlich schnell sehr heiss war, ist nur zu verständlich. Bühnenpräsenz muss Mika wahrlich nicht mehr lernen, die beherrscht er schon sehr gut. Im Publikum waren aber ebenfalls Menschen mit interessanten Outfits zu finden. Eine Frau trug beispielsweise einen Regenbogenpulli, der schick aussah.

Fotos: Bäckstage / © Sandra Rohrer (sandrarohrerphotography.com)

Im Set hatte Mika alle seine Hits. Besonders schön zeigte sich eine akustische Version von «Happy Ending», bei der er die Zuschauer bat, leise zu sein. Denn er sang ohne Mikro, was ganz gut geklappt hat. Das weisse Hemd klebte zu diesem Zeitpunkt schon durchgeschwitzt an Mika.

Im Laufe des Sets durften die Fans Songs wünschen. Natürlich fiel «Grace Kelly» rasch. Damit hatte Mika gerechnet und den Song extra vorher nicht gespielt. Hier spielt seine Erfahrung wohl ziemlich stark mit. Weitere Wünsche kommentierte Mika damit, dass sie in der Band leichte Panik verursachen würden. Geschenkt und wohl etwas kokettiert, aber trotzdem witzig. Das Set schloss «Love Today» ab und bis ganz hinten im Komplex 457 hüpften und sprangen und jubelten die Leute. Eine wunderbare Stimmung.

Mit zwei Zugaben beendete Mika das Konzert. Nach 100 Minuten verabschiedete sich der sympathische Künstler endgültig und durfte zum Abschied noch ein Fangeschenk in Empfang nehmen.

Mika ist live ein Pop-Feuerwerk und löst in den Leuten Emotionen aus. Da hüpft praktisch jeder mit. Wahnsinn.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Mika and the shining hearts

In Complex 457, the hearts shone for Mika. Literally. After all, a group of fans bought or made luminous hearts and distributed them at the concert, so that not only could the choir be sung together with the Lebanese-British musician, but the hall was transformed into a sea of light. Even some of the security people were handed hearts and they danced for a moment. A nice, peaceful picture.

At 21 o'clock Mika jumped on the stage and who has already seen him live knows that this is exactly what is meant. The artist likes to show contortions and jumps in which one hopes that he does not pull anything. But that very energy, the contagious euphoria, is a hallmark of Mika. In addition to the distinctive voice and the weakness for colorful pop.

Mika wore light blue cloth trousers and a white ruffled shirt, as well as a matching, light blue blazer, which was taken off relatively quickly. The fact that it was probably very hot with so much action is just too understandable. Stage presence Mika definitely no longer has to learn, he already knows very well. In the audience but were also people with interesting outfits to find. For example, one woman wore a rainbow sweater that looked fancy.

In the set Mika had all his hits. Especially beautiful was an acoustic version of «Happy Ending», in which he asked the audience to be quiet. Because he sang without micro, which worked quite well. The white shirt stuck at this time already sweaty to Mika.

In the course of the set, the fans were allowed to wish songs. Of course, "Grace Kelly" fell quickly. Mika had reckoned with that and had not played the song before. Here his experience plays pretty well with. Further requests Mika commented that they would cause slight panic in the band. Presented and probably a bit coquettish, but still funny. The set completed "Love Today" and hopped and jumped and cheered people back to the very back of the complex. A wonderful mood.

With two encores Mika finished the concert. After 100 minutes, the likeable artist finally said goodbye and was allowed to take a gift in return for a farewell.

Mika is live pop-fireworks and triggers emotions in the people. Everyone jumps with them. Madness.

74350317_167951314404617_1754395471225592624_n.jpg

73505105_524623041454553_8446903594913416128_n.jpg

74400087_2544741332425293_6253219964969770334_n.jpg

Bäckstage (1).png

Bäckstage (2).png

Bäckstage (3).png

Bäckstage (4).png

Bäckstage (5).png

Bäckstage (6).png

Bäckstage (7).png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 11/23/2019 at 1:28 PM, Lunari said:

during a quiet moment before the last part of Happy Ending some guy shouted a request for I Only Love You When I'm Drunk, and Mika actually did it!

In fact that guy didn't asked for the song to be played, he was exactly behind me with his friends, all of them drunk and noisy. Right before the gig started, he came from the back with a glass of alcohol and tried to go first row pushing us. I stopped him and then me, @DerMoment1608 and @Luigi Anelli  made a barrier by holding our arms all together and he couldn't cross anymore. Then during Happy Ending he shouted to Mika : " I love you, man, when I'm drunk"  but Mika thought it was a request for the song, so there's how it all started :aah:  

The glowing hearts looked spectacular, many thanks for the huge work to Karin and all the girls involved, Mika's  reaction says all :wub:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

@krysady as Mika answered "how about when you're sober?!", I guess he noticed the guy was drunk and that maybe it wasn't an actual request - but he could do the fans a favour and easily blame it on the drunk guy if it goes wrong. :lmfao:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, krysady said:

In fact that guy didn't asked for the song to be played, he was exactly behind me with his friends, all of them drunk and noisy. Right before the gig started, he came from the back with a glass of alcohol and tried to go first row pushing us. I stopped him and then me, @DerMoment1608 and @Luigi Anelli  made a barrier by holding our arms all together and he couldn't cross anymore. Then during Happy Ending he shouted to Mika : " I love you, man, when I'm drunk"  but Mika thought it was a request for the song, so there's how it all started :aah:  

The glowing hearts looked spectacular, many thanks for the huge work to Karin and all the girls involved, Mika's  reaction says all :wub:

Thanks for letting me know how it all went down - I had no idea! I couldn't even understand what that guy was shouting, so I was really surprised when I realized which song Mika was going to sing. As annoying as standing in front of that drunk guy must have been, I guess he ended up doing us all a favor. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mellody said:

@krysady as Mika answered "how about when you're sober?!", I guess he noticed the guy was drunk and that maybe it wasn't an actual request - but he could do the fans a favour and easily blame it on the drunk guy if it goes wrong. :lmfao:

Yes, but I remember he said first "maybe...." then asked "how about when you're sober? ". In the end it was a funny moment, I only wish he would've performed Paloma, I still don't get why some people were asking for Grace Kelly :doh:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Lunari said:

As annoying as standing in front of that drunk guy must have been, I guess he ended up doing us all a favor. 😉

True, first I thought he would bother the audience around him, but in the end everything was fine :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 8:59 AM, mellody said:

Adding some videos here, while I still have Wifi:

Talk before Lollipop:

Happy Ending off-mic (and the guy who shouted Love you when I'm drunk :naughty:

LYWID first part:

(I've posted the 2nd part on my IG mellody_mfc yesterday)

He might've regretted asking us if we had any more song requests :naughty::

Beginning of Good Guys:

Thank you for share the fantastic vids and Rapport 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Better late than never and even if your videos are much better than mine, you were closer, here are some memories of the Zurich show (which was my first Mika concert..!) I start understanding now what a special show it was!

I thought some of you might be happy to get them anyway ;)

Part of Happy Ending:

End of Happy Ending (without microphone) and Intro of LYWID:

Love you when I'm drunk:

Good Guys (including briefing of the band):

Part of Elle me dit:

Part of We are Golden:

Part of We are Golden.mp4

End of Tiny Love reprise and start of Stay High:

A small part of Platform Ballerinas:

Lollipop including Into:

Edited by Libellule95
Added two more videos (PB and Lollipop)