Christine and the Queens

TinyLove_CJ

45 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I think he did come out I saw that somewhere

I must have missed that! 😅

Really looking forward to new music, I would have loved to see him in London but the original date didn't work out with me. Even if the new date is this year or early next I still might not be able to go, I'd rather he did a tour of the UK next spring/summer and maybe then I can see him live!

• 2 weeks later...

No one told me that the London gig had already been rescheduled for 22nd November! And it's already sold out! 

Not that I could go anyway... 😅

Anyway Red released a new single yesterday!

Rien Dire

According to Google the title translates as 'Say Nothing'

(I'll admit when I first saw the title I thought it said 'Reindeer' 🙃)

I really love this song, it's very beautiful. I get the impression that it's about still being in love with someone even if you're no longer with that person. Quite relatable!

Redcar also has a new website:

https://redcar.fun/

It's more of a blog type site with photos and words he often shares on instagram, so it's great for anyone who doesn't follow him there.

• 4 weeks later...

Yet another new single from Red!

La Chanson du Chevalier 

(translates as 'The Knight's Song')

He filmed the video at Sotheby's art gallery (in their basement I think) and I love everything about it so much! The low lighting affect, the dancing (he still has a bad leg too!) and the actual red car! 😁

Really looking forward to the new album now.

• 1 month later...

Redcar's album 'Redcar les adorables étoiles' is here!

I really love the album but I'll just share two more of my favourites here:

à la clairefontaine:

My Birdman:

And you can listen to the whole album here:

I noticed that the album playlist on YouTube ends with the word "prologue" which made me wonder if something more is coming from Red later on which might become an "epilogue" ? 🤔

He briefly mentioned that his performances this month are 'prologues' and described them as being an artistic display of transformation. With Red coming out as trans this year I can understand that and his new music too makes a lot more sense now.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Hero said:

@TinyLove_CJ this might interest you. 

Screenshot_20230103-062356_Gmail.thumb.jpg.e259bdd61b5d678aa1c41b2aa4089ccf.jpg

Screenshot_20230103-062418_Gmail.thumb.jpg.a21fa027a2936cbddd96c72528620daa.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

The event sounds really interesting, I'm curious to know more about what the line up will be for the festival, it would be awesome if Chris got Mika to join! That really would be a dream come true to see them both live in the same week! :lustslow:

• Like 2

On 11/26/2019 at 7:25 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I think she keeps a lot of her personal life private so I'm not sure if Chris is single but she is definitely my kind of woman! 😁 💙

With Chris coming out as a trans man last year I've been thinking about what I said here previously when I started this thread.

He's been a lot more open in the last year regarding his gender identity and transition, even his new music has a lot to do with what he's gone through. 

Do I still regard him as a great person and artist? Yes, yes I do.

Honestly nothing has changed for me in regards to how I feel about Red, I still feel some kind of attraction. If anything I now have more respect for him for being so open and honest.

Obviously from now on I will be using he/him pronouns to refer to Chris, and also use Red/Redcar more often. 

I won't alter previous posts as I think fans (new and old) should know about the transition he's gone through.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Love how Chris has casually dropped a new single yesterday!

To Be Honest:

I've only listened a couple of times but I'm already in love with this song!

The meaning behind the song made a whole lot more sense after I read the story in the recent Christine and the Queens email newsletter which I'll share here:

https://mailchi.mp/because/paranoa-angels-true-love-the-new-album-out-9-june?e=9e8917b5c7

(If the link doesn't work let me know and I'll copy the text instead)

I honestly didn't know what Chris has been through in regards to his mum's death. Even recently he's often referred to her in the present tense and dedicated recent music to her, I just thought this was a nice way to thank her for supporting him. I guess, rather naively, I just assumed she was still around to be there for him.

On 11/23/2022 at 11:38 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I noticed that the album playlist on YouTube ends with the word "prologue" which made me wonder if something more is coming from Red later on which might become an "epilogue" ? 🤔

Looks like this is the case! Chris has another new album out this year on June 9th! It's called Paranoïa, Angels, True Love.

With the triple CD version there are 20 new songs, some are collaborations too, 3 are with Madonna!

You can pre-order it here:

(and other merch)

https://shop.christineandthequeens.com/release/372476-christine-and-the-queens-paranoa-angels-true-love

There is a single CD option but that only has 9 new songs on it, so really it's more worth it to go for the triple option.

One thing I've noticed is that the song titles are 99% English (there's only 1 that isn't) which makes me wonder if the majority of the album will also be performed in English. Chris' last album is the opposite with more French songs and only 1 full English song (some of the French songs had a few English words though). Now then, I wonder where Mika got his "Let's do 2 albums in different languages" idea from... ? 🤔 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...