2019 @ Forest National, Brussels, BELGIUM, 14 Dec REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

Hello! It's been 700 years but yesterday's show warranted a quick report. 

It was magical. It had been three years since I last saw him, but from the moment he came on stage, everything seemed to be a little brighter again. I even forgot the fact that I nearly lost my toes to frostbite. 

The crowd was amazing too. Shouting his name and screaming so much. You could tell he was touched. 

He is such an amazing performer and it was over way too soon. Can't wait for Utrecht now. ❤️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, IngievV said:

Hello! It's been 700 years but yesterday's show warranted a quick report. 

It was magical. It had been three years since I last saw him, but from the moment he came on stage, everything seemed to be a little brighter again. I even forgot the fact that I nearly lost my toes to frostbite. 

The crowd was amazing too. Shouting his name and screaming so much. You could tell he was touched. 

He is such an amazing performer and it was over way too soon. Can't wait for Utrecht now. ❤️

I agree, it was absolutely mind-blowing! Every song was just amazing and the audience was right there with him. He just had the ability to make everyone feel welcomed and loved and it really shows in the way his fans respond. It was indeed a magical night 💖

And when I started to feel self-conscious about dancing like a crazy person 😁☺️, and around me there weren't that many people dancing, he said not to care about what the person in front of you of behind you might think and just dance. I love him.

I almost cried when it was over, but he told us to stay high, so I did 🥰

IMG_20191214_221308.jpg

• Like 9

I'm full of emotions about yesterday's gig. It was the first time I saw the new stage set, I had exactly the place I wanted (that was the last gig of this tour that I could queue really early for, and although the queues that were nicely organised by @Statue_of_Liberty and @Ceriise got messed up by security people last minute, at least for me all went well), Mika let me know by some eye contact that he liked I was there, and he even waved goodbye when he left the venue, tho not sure he saw me there, I was too far in the back. It's a different feeling than the one I had after Zurich, more full of emotions than full of excitement. I described Zurich as "amazing", and I'd describe this one as "wonderful". :wub2:

The spark I had missed in London certainly was there, the setlist didn't feel too short, although in fact I think it was even one song shorter than in London (no Blue, Popular, Sanremo - instead Paloma and Elle me dit). There was a lot of extras though, like the colour changes, even a quick band introduction (yay, finally! :biggrin2:), and he dedicated EMD to his mum and showed his middle finger to the bad things life does (I didn't fully understand it at first, as he talked in French, and the sound was too bad for me to understand his words, but @ISAJF414 was so lovely to translate it for me after the show). I got videos of both of these moments, but the uploads didn't work this morning, will try again when I'm home (maybe tomorrow, as my train is delayed again).

He asked the crowd at some point who would vote for English, Dutch or French, and French got the loudest cheers. Mika said he found a perfect solution, because if you dance, and you dance well, you don't need to talk. Here's my video of this:

Indeed he talked all 3 languages during the gig, mostly French, some English, and one little part (which I didn't understand) in Dutch, he asked his drummer Wouter for translations for that.

The huge stage set is absolutely beautiful, especially with the lighting... and it's 3D, I didn't notice that from the pix and videos! So some items are more in the front and some are more in the back, it's not all on the same level. Stunning! :lustslow:

When he went back over the barriers after his bath in the crowd during BG, he did so right between Saskia and me. I might be wrong, but I had the feeling it was intentional, because he knew we'd leave him enough space and wouldn't try to touch him - well, Nina said that usually he climbs back at a different part of the barrier - so at least I can dream that it was intentional. :teehee: :lmfao: Anyway, it was lovely to have him so close for a short moment. :swoon:

At the end of Underwater, a guy held up a folded banner and Mika gestured him to unfold it. It read "May I play a song (Tiny Love, Underwater) on the piano?". And Mika got him up on stage. He couldn't be sure what to expect, but it was good that he took this risk, because the guy played really well, and I'm sure it was an amazing experience for him to play piano for his idol on stage in front of thousands of people. :fangurl:

Here's 2 pix and a part of my video, will upload a longer version later:

What felt weird at this show was that Mika felt to me like a dear friend and like a complete stranger at the same time. He has changed, or rather, he has combined the "Jeckyll & Hyde" (Mika / Michael) within himself to one person, as he said in several interviews. In a way he's still "our" Mika, as he has always been, but at the same time he's different, he has a new side to him that I don't know yet - in some ways like in the "good old days", but not quite... I'm curious to get to know this new side of him.

We left the venue right after the show, to maybe at least see him when he'd leave as early as he did in Zurich. When we saw the crowds leaving the venue on all sides though, and the traffic caused by this, we realized he either must've jumped right in the car or would still be there. It turned out the latter was the case. About an hour later, he left in his car, with Andy driving, and he got out of the car for a moment to wave to his fans, as you can see in a video on Instagram / Twitter (I retweetet it). I only saw that the car stopped but my view on him was blocked, as it was so crowded - I only saw him when the car passed by where I stood, and then he was gone. It wasn't a m&g, but it was very lovely of him to do that as a "thank you" to us, even getting out of the car for it, as opposed to just leaving and ignoring those who are waiting for him. Wonderful ending for a wonderful evening. :wub2:

• Like 12

Btw, my fave part of the show is still when he stands right in front of me, or when he does Happy Ending off-mic, his talking or his dancing for different songs. All the props, rainbow, balloons, flying piano, inflatable heart, etc. are nice and beautiful but not necessary - I wasn't sure after London, but all I need on a stage is him and his music, and the magic he creates. :wub2:  I feel though that it does something with him, it's a different feeling the big vs small show. Not better or worse, just different. Though I do prefer one stage where he often is close when I'm in the front vs this catwalk thing where for parts of the show he's very far away. It does give more people the chance to be close to him though, so from the point of view of someone who doesn't like queueing all day, I guess it's better this way. :teehee:

• Like 7

I still can't believe that it happened! So many emotions and amazing memories! It was my very first time so I cannot really compare it to anything. All I can say is that I've obviously watched many videos from his concerts so I thought I kinda knew what is ahead of me. Yet, this concert, it felt so different- I cannot properly explain, it truly felt special and turned out to be way better than I expected (and I expected it to be brilliant, so there's that!). 

I could really feel great energy coming from everywhere, from Mika and from the crowd! If this isn't what love looks and feels like, I don't know what does! :wub2:

I've listed few of my highlights, to keep them deeply in my heart, here they are: 

- turning off the lights for Love Today so we can dance like crazy and people around us won't see

-a beautiful, beautiful tribute to his mum, before singing Elle Me Dit

-the one time I was so close to having tears in my eyes at the beginning of Tiny Love but Mika said "f*ck how it's beautiful" seeing lights behind him and I just laughed 

-jumping on his piano on the way to the end of the stage and back, many times

-letting this guy play Underwater for him

-and that false goodbye before coming back with Grace Kelly and balloons (also, does anyone remember which song was he singing then? I mean just before he "left")

Not to even mention Happy Ending off-mic, absolutely heart-warming performance of Paloma and then adding "I still thank God that you found me" at the end of Origin Of Love - I cannot find the words to describe how it made me feel.  :cloud:

I really loved the show because some parts were really spectacular and well-prepared, like the whole piano thing, his dancing with Max, the way he was acting with light, the whole colour scheme. And some part were totally not planned and spontaneous. So his was a big big show but at the same time he was able to sit on the piano and tell us about his love for his mum. And I think it's this mix what made it feel so real, just like in life- there's a little bit of everything.

But to be completely honest, I have one huge problem with all of that. I got addicted and need to see him again!  I'm feeling sick, I've got to medicate myself! 

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, Martyna said:

also, does anyone remember which song was he singing then? I mean just before he "left")

We Are Golden, I think.

9 minutes ago, Martyna said:

But to be completely honest, I have one huge problem with all of that. I got addicted and need to see him again!  I'm feeling sick, I've got to medicate myself! 

Welcome to the club of Mika gig addicts. :naughty:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

The Boy Who Played Piano with Mika !! :mika2:

Now I've just watched another video of it and I realised that at one moment Mika said "that's my boy" at someone from his band (probably). That's so sweet! :cloud:

You can see it around 5:31 

Edited by Martyna
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Martyna said:

Now I've just watched another video of it and I realised that at one moment Mika said/mouthed "that's my boy" at someone from his band (probably). That's so sweet! :cloud:

You can see it around 5:31 

Hmm, it could also mean "my part", telling the keyboarder or the sound guy what's happening music-wise. :dunno: Sure, that's less sweet, but imo more likely. ;) Anyway the whole situation was really sweet, also loved their hug at the end, aww! :wub2:

• Like 2

Here's my videos:

Mika talking about the Forest National venue (before the video starts, he said "when you see it from the outside, you think..." WTF :naughty:) and dedicating EMD to his mum. I got a rough translation of that after the show, but would love to get a full translation... anyone? :puppy_eyes: And does anyone understand what he says when people are screaming "me!"?

end of Tiny Love

My full video of Mika with Jens playing piano for Underwater:

Happy Ending off-mic :cloud: (took a while until the crowd was quiet enough... :teehee:)

part of Tiny Love Reprise:

And a bit of 'Tomorrow' on my IG:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 12/14/2019 at 6:35 AM, Kumazzz said:

:belgium:

REPORTS

@IngievV 4171681

@TirzaR 4171695

@Paoletta 4171696

@mellody  4171704 / 06

@Martyna 

PICS

VIDEOS

PRESS

Enola Be  Vorst Nationaal 2019 (Cathy Verhulst)

MUSIC in FLAME 4171693

Thank you so much for sharing 😍

13 hours ago, mellody said:

Btw, my fave part of the show is still when he stands right in front of me, or when he does Happy Ending off-mic, his talking or his dancing for different songs. All the props, rainbow, balloons, flying piano, inflatable heart, etc. are nice and beautiful but not necessary - I wasn't sure after London, but all I need on a stage is him and his music, and the magic he creates. :wub2: I feel though that it does something with him, it's a different feeling the big vs small show. Not better or worse, just different. Though I do prefer one stage where he often is close when I'm in the front vs this catwalk thing where for parts of the show he's very far away. It does give more people the chance to be close to him though, so from the point of view of someone who doesn't like queueing all day, I guess it's better this way. :teehee:

Thank you so much for sharing all this 😍

It was my first time and I am still so full of love, the energy he has is amazing and my whole family adores him. 

So greatful we were there 😍

• Like 6

OOOOOOH guys I am still staying high after this perfect weekend!! I am sóóó happy and needed to think through the whole concert, but now I'm ready to write a review.
As mentioned before, I only bought tickets for Utrecht, but a friend of mine received VIP tickets for the Brussels gig from her work. She asked me to join her as she knew I am a reallly really big fan for 12,5 years already! So this whole concert was one big gift. It had been 3,5 years since I last saw MIKA in Liège, this was my second gig. 
As a VIP I could enter via the VIP entrance, could leave my jacket and could enjoy a walking dinner backstage ánd an open bar. That was all nice, but I was here for MIKA!! I was only accompanied by people from a big financial institution and none of them knew MIKA's new music, only the oldies... (which was frustrating, but I'm used to that unfortunately)
I had a great spot in the middle, in the front of the tribune: exact on the height of MIKA's eyes ('oh my god did he see me??'). 

So the show started!! I was curious to Charlotte as she'll also be the opening act for Utrecht, and she was nice! It was hard and loud but fun and good to listen to, quite relaxing as well. Then the waiting began, 30 minutes waiting for MIKA. And then.... the lights dimmed and his voice started, oooh his voice is so trusted and a safe place for me after all those years. I couldn't understand the whole story in French but I tried and I was touched only by his talking voice. When he came on stage my tears started to run, oooh I adore him and I only felt love and happiness by seeing him after so many years. I was so warm and felt loved, like I was the only one in the whole gig. The stage was beautiful, his voice was perfect and wow what an energy!! The last gig I went to was one night before his gig in London (2016), and I had the feeling he didn't give everything that night because of London the next day. WELL! In Brussels he gave EVERYTHING!! It was the MIKA I dreamed of, he was jumping, smiling, happy, running, dancing like there is no-one else. And because of that, I was jumping and dancing the whole time. 

As said before, I was with VIPs only knowing the oldies.. I was the only one dancing and jumping the WHOLE concert on my part of the tribune. Even one time a woman behind me said I needed to sit down.. Uhhhh no!! So I went to the stairs and I was jumping and dancing the whole concert on the stairs of my part of the  tribune. And I felt supported when MIKA said 'we dim the lights so you can dance whatever you want and the people behind you cannot judge you!'. I looked to the woman behind me and we smiled to each other, it was all good again haha. 

My most loved moment of the show was during Love Today. I was between lots of older people and banking people in important jobs and everybody just sat the whole concert. But during Love Today I looked around and I saw EVERYBODY sing with a big smile on their face: "doom da da di da di doom da da di da di doom". The most serious people, everybody was singing the doom da da di da di doom part together with MIKA, it made me smile, it gave me joy and warmth and it was magical; i think only he can make everything sing and enjoy the show! 

It was fun to see the confetti (talked about in the upcoming shows thread), but one confetti cannon ended right in his face (oops), who did that? 😛 

The silent acapella part of Happy Ending was perfect, goose bumps everywhere. But please people just be silent when you have to be silent, it took sooooo long before everyone stopped shouting. However, it was magical. I LOVE MIKA SO MUCH! And I respect him a lot, he helped me through my whole teenage life and adult life (since I was 10, now I'm 23), and I can't wait to see him again!

My voice is gone, my legs do hurt and my feet really hurt, but he gave me the energy that night to 'danse danse danse' the whole time. 

I am soooooo happy for days now, I can only sing and dance and smile and I cannot wait for Utrecht in only 2 months! I cried when he came up, and when he left stage I thought "nooo please stay, don't leave!!", but i also thought oooooh Utrecht is coming!!! But then.... After Utrecht we never know when he'll tour again :( Will there be another album in a few years, another tour? MIKA, when will I see you again (after Utrecht)? I am addicted as well and need to see him, weekly!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Marika said:

OOOOOOH guys I am still staying high after this perfect weekend!! I am sóóó happy and needed to think through the whole concert, but now I'm ready to write a review.
As mentioned before, I only bought tickets for Utrecht, but a friend of mine received VIP tickets for the Brussels gig from her work. She asked me to join her as she knew I am a reallly really big fan for 12,5 years already! So this whole concert was one big gift. It had been 3,5 years since I last saw MIKA in Liège, this was my second gig. 
As a VIP I could enter via the VIP entrance, could leave my jacket and could enjoy a walking dinner backstage ánd an open bar. That was all nice, but I was here for MIKA!! I was only accompanied by people from a big financial institution and none of them knew MIKA's new music, only the oldies... (which was frustrating, but I'm used to that unfortunately)
I had a great spot in the middle, in the front of the tribune: exact on the height of MIKA's eyes ('oh my god did he see me??'). 

So the show started!! I was curious to Charlotte as she'll also be the opening act for Utrecht, and she was nice! It was hard and loud but fun and good to listen to, quite relaxing as well. Then the waiting began, 30 minutes waiting for MIKA. And then.... the lights dimmed and his voice started, oooh his voice is so trusted and a safe place for me after all those years. I couldn't understand the whole story in French but I tried and I was touched only by his talking voice. When he came on stage my tears started to run, oooh I adore him and I only felt love and happiness by seeing him after so many years. I was so warm and felt loved, like I was the only one in the whole gig. The stage was beautiful, his voice was perfect and wow what an energy!! The last gig I went to was one night before his gig in London (2016), and I had the feeling he didn't give everything that night because of London the next day. WELL! In Brussels he gave EVERYTHING!! It was the MIKA I dreamed of, he was jumping, smiling, happy, running, dancing like there is no-one else. And because of that, I was jumping and dancing the whole time. 

As said before, I was with VIPs only knowing the oldies.. I was the only one dancing and jumping the WHOLE concert on my part of the tribune. Even one time a woman behind me said I needed to sit down.. Uhhhh no!! So I went to the stairs and I was jumping and dancing the whole concert on the stairs of my part of the  tribune. And I felt supported when MIKA said 'we dim the lights so you can dance whatever you want and the people behind you cannot judge you!'. I looked to the woman behind me and we smiled to each other, it was all good again haha. 

My most loved moment of the show was during Love Today. I was between lots of older people and banking people in important jobs and everybody just sat the whole concert. But during Love Today I looked around and I saw EVERYBODY sing with a big smile on their face: "doom da da di da di doom da da di da di doom". The most serious people, everybody was singing the doom da da di da di doom part together with MIKA, it made me smile, it gave me joy and warmth and it was magical; i think only he can make everything sing and enjoy the show! 

It was fun to see the confetti (talked about in the upcoming shows thread), but one confetti cannon ended right in his face (oops), who did that? 😛 

The silent acapella part of Happy Ending was perfect, goose bumps everywhere. But please people just be silent when you have to be silent, it took sooooo long before everyone stopped shouting. However, it was magical. I LOVE MIKA SO MUCH! And I respect him a lot, he helped me through my whole teenage life and adult life (since I was 10, now I'm 23), and I can't wait to see him again!

My voice is gone, my legs do hurt and my feet really hurt, but he gave me the energy that night to 'danse danse danse' the whole time. 

I am soooooo happy for days now, I can only sing and dance and smile and I cannot wait for Utrecht in only 2 months! I cried when he came up, and when he left stage I thought "nooo please stay, don't leave!!", but i also thought oooooh Utrecht is coming!!! But then.... After Utrecht we never know when he'll tour again :( Will there be another album in a few years, another tour? MIKA, when will I see you again (after Utrecht)? I am addicted as well and need to see him,  weekly!!

Those were also my words after my first gig. Welcome to the club! :naughty:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Marika said:

Someone brought real confetti cannons, those that shoot really high and usually can't be brought to a gig - but security didn't check the first ones who went in, at least not at my entrance... Anyway these looked great when they went off, much better than our selfmade ones, but you have to be very careful not to hurt anyone because these have a lot of power. Dunno who shot them (I think it was 2 of these), but I also noticed that Mika looked scared for a second when that thing went off right in front of him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4