Mika as a guest ICI Télé «En direct de l'univers» 18 Jan 2020

Kumazzz

3 hours ago, guylainem123 said:

I did record my television when his family was singing for him 🤣

It's not great, but it gives you an idea of the surprises they had for him

Enjoy my tv! 😂

Thank you so much for the little video. I am so happy seeing his family with him in the studio!!! And singing !!!!!♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

• Like 3

For everyone who haven't had the chance to see the show tonight, here's one of the best moment of the show! 

🎶 Happy Ending by Max Taylor and Ida Falk Winland

En direct de l'univers,Ici télé 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

From showbizz.net

https://showbizz.net/tele/voici-comment-mika-sest-retrouve-sur-la-chaise-den-direct-de-lunivers

Google translation

How Mika ended up on the chair of En direct de l'univers

France Beaudoin received an international star in its studios this Sunday
Élizabeth Lepage-Boily
Through Élizabeth Lepage-Boily
SUNDAY 19 JANUARY 2020 01:11  CLASSIFIED DIRECT FROM THE UNIVERSE 

image.thumb.png.342698469c6f6b584f06058ff2e11388.png

Quebec panicked when, just before the holidays, we learned that France Beaudoin was going to receive the visit of singer Mika on her set next winter.

The host and producer tells us that she and her team had tried several times to convince Mika to come sing for one of the show's guests, but the requests had always been refused due to scheduling conflicts.

The last attempt that the team from En Direct de l'univers had undertaken was for Garou, last fall . Once again, the singer-songwriter had declined the offer, but, after watching a few episodes sent by the production, he asked, through his agent, if it was possible to participate as an artist principal rather than just a guest.

The team from En Direct de l'univers was quick to accept, but they only had a very short time to mount the show since the only date available in Mika's calendar was this Saturday, January 18 . France Beaudoin confirms to us that the artist has conscientiously answered the questionnaire, despite its many pages, and has gone through the different stages of preproduction like all the other stars honored before him.

The production can be proud of the result since the En Direct de l'univers of Mika was an exceptional show; colorful and diverse, just like the artist! The main interested was wearing a blue jacket-pants made on measure for this evening, decorated with golden lilies. He really looked great!

The En Direct de l'univers brigade provided with exciting and moving moments to the author of Boom Boom Boom song. His sisters, cousins  flew to Montreal to surprise him and we can say that the expected effect was achieved; he was amazed to see them land on their 36. His friend Thierry-Maxime Loriot, who happens to be the artistic director of the talk show La Semaine des 4 Julie , also pushed the note, to the delight of the main interested. His bass player Max Taylor, who has an absolutely sublime voice, also joined the party, performing, in particular, a vibrant version of "Happy Ending".

?nocrop

Madeleine Peyroux, an artist that Mika had never met before but with whom he dreamed of doing a duet one day, was also present. Garou appeared on video, as so did his partner, who chewed a few words in French from Greece. On the Quebec side, Ariane Moffatt, Alex Nevsky, Gabriella, Jonas and David Thibault helped bring the party to an end.

We have to say it - and it's important! - En Direct de l'univers has nothing to envy to other major productions of the same type, not even in our American neighbors. The unique concept, the musical arrangements (live!), The team of singers and musicians and all this band of talented warriors who swarm behind the scenes offer us impeccable, inimitable entertainment every week. We raise our hats to this squad of music lovers who have punctuated our Saturday evenings for over 10 years.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, guylainem123 said:

I did record my television when his family was singing for him 🤣

It's not great, but it gives you an idea of the surprises they had for him

Enjoy my tv! 😂

Ohhh I love it!! Thanks so much!!!  :wub2:

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 2

From lesoleil.com

https://www.lesoleil.com/arts/richard-therrien/en-direct-de-lunivers-un-mika-emu-et-comble-aa10398a81a47688cd6754d0f0e74676?fbclid=IwAR1c69uFnjcTC_LdobSfxpxoVovtnbkXTAsZU26ceLn-NUJmiapRx3R1_sQ

Google transaltor

January 18, 2020 8:47 PM

"En Direct de l'univers": an emotional and fulfilled Mika

CHRONICLE / With Mika as guest on Saturday on ICI Télé, we could have expected an exhilarated and delirious "En Direct de l'univers"; through several frenzied moments, others were rather intense, showing a whole area that we knew less about this international artist. We could only love him even more.

After being invited to participate in another's program, Mika rather wanted to have his own En direct de l'univers , a wish granted in a grandiose way, as the France Beaudoin team knows so well how to do it. Always chic, dressed in a jacket decorated with golden lilies, Mika spent one hour admiring, almost intimidated.

In the flamboyant opening number, Mika's favorite tunes were chained at a breakneck pace, from Play That Funky Music to Vogue , Electric Avenue , Kiss and Father Figure . On stage, a children's choir, artists he knew, others he discovered on stage like Annie Villeneuve and Brigitte Boisjoli, and two of his proteges from The Voice , Gabriella and David Thibault. His friend Olivia Lévy, a journalist at La Presse , pushed her note for Gigi d'amoroso . Then, the American jazz singer Madeleine Peyroux, with whom he dreams of making a duet, came from New York to give him the classic J'ai deux amours .

Another demonstration of the musical diversity to which we were entitled: this segment of Ariane Moffatt and Alex Nevsky for Champs-Élysées and Dance Me to the End of Love . The most beautiful number combined a play by Rachmaninov with one of his own successes, Happy Ending , during which children came to paint the piano in white, like the one he had painted at home as a child, encouraged by his mother. . His friend and bass player from London, Max Taylor, and the lyric singer Ida Falk Winland, with whom he gave symphonic concerts in Quebec, took part in this vibrant number. Without ever cracking, Mika was then the most moved.

Several surprises awaited the artist, including the arrival of members of his family: his sisters and his nephew, forming a choir as energetic as it was joyful. When Isabelle Boulay arrives, whom he particularly likes, Mika couldn't help getting up to kiss her, before she played Barbara's La solitude, another very beautiful moment on the show. We couldn't have finished this exciting hour better than with Je reviendrai à Montréal , a song he adores and which describes him so well.

"I am not French, I am not Quebecer, and I feel surrounded by love, by friends and by the music that I love", concluded Mika moved and overwhelmed by having been received on a Quebec plateau. The British Lebanese singer-songwriter, who launched a new album last October, will make two stops in Quebec on his tour of next spring, May 15 at the Bell Center and May 16 at the Videotron Center.

The France Beaudoin team knew how to grant Mika's wish in a grand way.
The France Beaudoin team knew how to grant Mika's wish in a grand way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1