Mika in Canadian Press 2020

Kumazzz

29 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Wait what, Mika became an uncle again!? How awesome is that! And that during Corona. I’m glad his family is fine and that the baby is healthy ❤️

I also didn't know that so far!

I hope the best for them all. :original:

3 hours ago, mellody said:

Did they say when/where this was recorded? Is it the same hotel room where he was for that other Canadian TV show a while ago? 

Yes, he says he is in a hotel room in Rome, the st. Regis hotel. I think he recorded this on the same day of the BBC interview about Lebanon. He is dressed in the same way and the bbc interview was broadcasted from Rome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lormare73 said:

Yes, he says he is in a hotel room in Rome, the st. Regis hotel. I think he recorded this on the same day of the BBC interview about Lebanon. He is dressed in the same way and the bbc interview was broadcasted from Rome.

Ah really? I thought he was in Tuscsny for the BBC thing and that it was live? So maybe he already recorded these while he was in Rome for Xfactor last month? 🤔

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

Ah really? I thought he was in Tuscsny for the BBC thing and that it was live? So maybe he already recorded these while he was in Rome for Xfactor last month? 🤔

I think it was live but on the screen it was written Rome. Yesterday he said that in the morning he was in Tuscany, and that he woke up at 5 a.m. And that he spent the day in the studio of Toto (the italian actor). I think that he went to Rome to film something (maybe one of the videos, I remember one story about it) and he also made the live interview with the bbc and recorded the interview for the Canadians. 

• Like 3

I've just googles The St.Regis Rome and I found the hotel website.

And you can see there the room where Mika was (the same paintings -  cristal lamps, chandeliers)

https://thestregis.grandluxuryhotels.com/en/h/49/st-regis-grand-hotel?gclid=CjwKCAjwnK36BRBVEiwAsMT8WCLnibxlHnzKRuCkGXiwnkqUem9sbR54Hp-BY13Wwcjf1Btz1tOWmxoCKFkQAvD_BwE&cur=PLN

image.thumb.png.51306de7b4a4513a09806400f1daff29.png

Do you recognize this bedroom? The chandelier is really there :lol3:

image.thumb.png.196e4b51412f3011a935c370317af9cf.png

image.thumb.png.4632ed1c5ec833fbad4e310e486d6ee2.png

So if you have 750 EUR for a night... you can book it :das:

image.thumb.png.59260a3e29609fdced75f211f28e7f54.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And you can see there the room where Mika was (the same paintings -  cristal lamps, chandeliers)

Either Mika or the hotel changed the location of the lamps though... in the hotel pix, the lamps with the glass foot are in the bedroom and the ones with the white vases in the living room, and on Mika's pix/videos it's the other way round. :naughty:

We're such stalkers! 🙈 :lmfao:

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, mellody said:

Either Mika or the hotel changed the location of the lamps though... in the hotel pix, the lamps with the glass foot are in the bedroom and the ones with the white vases in the living room, and on Mika's pix/videos it's the other way round. :naughty:

We're such stalkers! 🙈 :lmfao:

Yes, the lamps on the website photo gallery changed places. Or Mika took them from the bedroom to have more light. Anyway the suite it really nice 😁

Hello Mika, pay attention to what you reveal on public 😁😁😁😁

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

https://thestregis.grandluxuryhotels.com/en/h/49/st-regis-grand-hotel?gclid=CjwKCAjwnK36BRBVEiwAsMT8WCLnibxlHnzKRuCkGXiwnkqUem9sbR54Hp-BY13Wwcjf1Btz1tOWmxoCKFkQAvD_BwE&cur=PLN

image.thumb.png.51306de7b4a4513a09806400f1daff29.png

Do you recognize this bedroom? The chandelier is really there :lol3:

image.thumb.png.196e4b51412f3011a935c370317af9cf.png

image.thumb.png.4632ed1c5ec833fbad4e310e486d6ee2.png

So if you have 750 EUR for a night... you can book it :das:

image.thumb.png.59260a3e29609fdced75f211f28e7f54.png

Wow, Anna, you're a genius! :naughty:

• Haha 2

On 8/29/2020 at 2:23 AM, Kumazzz said:

Here is a translatin in English.

Sucre Sale 29 08 2020
Patrice Belanger

Q: Mika, hello!
M: Hello!
Q: First question. What part of the planet are you currently in?
M: Today I am in Rome. I was in Tuscany this morning. I got up at 5am and dwent… We were recording in Toto studio all day. Do you know Toto?
Q: I know the band "Toto".
M: No, not the band "Toto". Not the song "Africa". It is not it.
Q: But wait a minute. I can see a piece of decoration behind you. But what's on the other side of the camera? Will I not be indiscreet if I ask you to show us the other side?
M: Oh, I'm starting to panic. I'm at the Saint Regis hotel in Rome, it's such a super "chicolozo" place. But there isn't much light here. Now it's a fashion not to see each other too well. I have an iPad here. I had to collect all the lamps and put them over. So we have beautiful crystal lamps here… Wait, I'll show you right away. Here you are. Beautiful crystal lamp for 10'000. This is the elegant reality of post covid interviews. Rock and Roll.
Q: I was expecting to see a large crew ...
M: Me too. I'm also waiting for the crew ... (Mika knocks over one of the lamps). Oh boy !!!!
Q: What's wrong, Mika?
M: The lamp has broken.

Q: Mika, your new single "Le Coeur Holiday" has been released today, in collaboration with French rapper Soprano. How did this cooperation come about?
M: This is a song that I wrote in 15 minutes. It was raining. It was a very difficult time for my entire family - it was before the pandemic. I wanted to write a song that would be a bit like a holiday postcard. The idea that ... (in English) "I close my eyes and I'm on holidays." It was that simple. This verse could be almost "cheesy". But with this little bit of sadness, with this sweet and salty melody ... just like the name of this show. But also with elements of joy and sadness ... this is a combination that I love. Later, I realized the song would be more powerful if it had two different voices, and I asked Soprano if he was interested.
Q: Living in a pandemic. How did you adapt, how did you manage to use this time, stop, slow down your life of an international star?
M: It was tragic at the beginning. I was in Vanuatu, South Pacific, where I was shooting a pilot for a documentary series. And suddenly… bam! Life changed its rhythm. My brain experienced incredible decompression. I started taking lessons ... I found the professor on Skype, on FaceTime ...
Q: Lessons of what?
M: ... a professor at UCL - University College of London - and I started ... how to say say "a certificate" ...
Q: A degree.
M: A degree in Philosophy and International Relations. I also started Arabic lessons. And this decompression was very useful for me ... when the stress came, when my family was infected with coronavirus ... my mother, my dad, my sister who was pregnant ...
Q: Your whole family has had the coronavirus?
M: Yes.
Q: May I ask how they are doing now?
M: They are doing well. Even my sister and her baby are doing well. It was hard. And my mother, who is in very fragile ... we were ready to lose her. She was in the hospital. They called us and said: get ready, maybe you only have time until this evening.
Q: Ayayayay!
M: And today she is doing well. I am telling you all this to say that I am very grateful for the treatment of my mother at the Salpetriere hospital in Paris, where she was admitted.

Q: Mika, you spent your childhood in Paris but were born in Beirut. And of course you saw, as everyone did, the drama that hit the Lebanese capital a few weeks ago. You wrote about it on social media. I would like to know how you see the capital of Lebanon that you know well and what is your mood now.
M: It was a very painful experience to look at these pictures. A country that has already suffered for 25 years of civil war. After all, after all these mounting problems this happens. It's terrible. That's why I wanted to do something. This is an event that will take place on September 19 and it is called "I Love Beirut". A very intimate concert and in order to comply with all pandemic requirements, it will be held in my garden. Tickets are now available. Just take a look at my social media. It's called "I Love Beirut". And of course, all the money will go to charity. For the Lebanese Red Cross and for Save The Children in Lebanon

Q: Well done Mika for this initiative. It was an honor to talk to you. From today you can listen to the new song "Le Coeur Holiday" and you will find all the information on social media.

M: And now I have to deal with the lamp.
Q: Butis it really broken?
M: Yes, the glass is on the floor ... It doesn't matter ...

END

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I love how he casually mentions that he became an uncle again AND that he broke a 10.000 euro lamp 🙈

Yes, I'm afraid this time the room will even be more expensive for one night. 😅🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Maybe it’s just me, or is he more candid for French and Italian tv than he is for British tv?

I’ve watched clips of him where he was a guest judge for X Factor UK and he seems very timid there! Or maybe it’s just the editing, not sure. 

I think he knows that the French and Italian Media worship him more than the British media do so he feels more at home there.

Btw when I look at the way German Media treated him I´m not wondering why he doesn´t want to come back to Germany.......

Edited by Sabine64
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Sabine64 said:

I think he knows that the French and Italian Media worship him more than the British media do so he feels more at home there.

Btw when I look at the way German Media treated him I´m not wondering why he doesn´t want to come back to Germany.......

Yeah I’ve been thinking about that too, German media is quite harsh (I live in Germany myself), especially when someone is a bit more extravagant or just different. I have the feeling the French and Italians celebrate being different more, or they just celebrate Mika 😊 I’m glad he found his crowd! But I’m sad for all the fans outside of those countries 🤣

• Like 3

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Maybe it’s just me, or is he more candid for French and Italian tv than he is for British tv?

I’ve watched clips of him where he was a guest judge for X Factor UK and he seems very timid there! Or maybe it’s just the editing, not sure. 

I have the feeling that when he speaks French he's generally more candid, also at the gigs. I can imagine it's connected to his experiences in these countries as a child - happy life in France, getting bullied in London. The brain automatically makes these connections to our chilhood memories, often without us realizing, I know it about situations, but I can imagine it can be the same with languages. So maybe he just feels safer when he talks French.

Surely the media support can also be an aspect.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Le Droit

ledroit.com

• 14 octobre 2020 1h30
  • Yves Bergeras Le Droit
:france:
Je t’aime Beyrouth, le spectacle bénéfice de Mika, retransmis à TVA

TVA diffusera vendredi 16 octobre le concert virtuel Mika: Je t’aime Beyrouth, que Mika a donné en septembre dernier, et dont les profits serviront à la reconstruction de la capitale libanaise, qui est aussi la ville natale du chanteur.

Mika a donné ce concert caritatif virtuel pour soutenir les victimes de la tragédie survenue dans le port de Beyrouth le 4 août dernier, quand deux explosions ont causé la mort de plus de 200 personnes, fait 6 000 blessés, et mis 300 000 personnes à la rue.

À ce jour, le concert bénéfice de Mika – auquel ont participé plusieurs autres vedettes – a permis de récolter «plus de 1 million d’Euros», précise la chaîne TVA.

Tous les bénéfices et dons récoltés lors de cette soirée sont destinés à la Croix Rouge Libanaise et à l’association Save The Children Liban.

«En soutien à la communauté libanaise du Québec, dont des membres de leur famille et des amis comptent parmi les victimes», TVA a annoncé qu’elle diffuserait ce concert virtuel le 16 octobre à 22 h 35, «en exclusivité canadienne».

TVA dit participer à cet effort caritatif en reversant «l’entièreté de la licence de diffusion» aux deux organismes identifiés par Mika, et ce «à parts égales», précise TVA.

Le concert  a été tourné en partie en Toscane, où se trouve Mika. L’artiste interprète ses plus grands succès, et partage quelques coups de cœur musicaux.  De nombreux artistes, tels Kylie Minogue, Louane et Rufus Wainwright, ont soutenu la cause en se joignant à lui. 

« Pour rendre hommage à la communauté libanaise du Québec et pour leur témoigner de notre sympathie, TVA tenait à présenter ce bel élan de solidarité», souligne la directrice principale Chaînes et programmation du Groupe TVA, Nathalie Fabien, en parlant d’un «spectacle rempli de créativité, d’émotion et de générosité».

:uk:

I love Beirut, Mika's benefit show, broadcast on TVA

TVA will broadcast the virtual concert Mika: Je t'aime Beyrouth on Friday (October 16th), which Mika gave last September, and the proceeds of which will be used for the reconstruction of the Lebanese capital, which is also the singer's hometown.

Mika gave this virtual charity concert to support the victims of the tragedy that occurred in the port of Beirut on August 4, when two explosions killed more than 200 people, left 6,000 injured, and left 300,000 people at the street.

To date, Mika's benefit concert - in which several other stars participated - has raised "more than 1 million euros," says the TVA channel.

All the profits and donations collected during this evening are intended for the Lebanese Red Cross and the Save The Children Lebanon association.

"In support of the Lebanese community in Quebec, whose family and friends are among the victims," TVA announced that it would broadcast this virtual concert on October 16 at 10:35 p.m. "exclusively for Canada."

TVA says it is participating in this charitable effort by donating "the entire broadcasting license" to the two organizations identified by Mika, "in equal parts," says TVA.

The concert was shot partly in Tuscany, where Mika is located. The artist performs his greatest hits, and shares some musical favorites. Many artists, such as Kylie Minogue, Louane and Rufus Wainwright, have supported the cause by joining him.

"To pay tribute to the Lebanese community in Quebec and to show them our sympathy, TVA wanted to present this great outpouring of solidarity", underlines the senior director of channels and programming of the TVA Group, Nathalie Fabien, speaking of a "show filled with creativity, emotion and generosity ”.

EkORfKKUcAACx9O?format=jpg&name=large

Same article on other news sites.

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

TVA says it is participating in this charitable effort by donating "the entire broadcasting license" to the two organizations identified by Mika, "in equal parts," says TVA.

I was sure that Mika let the concert to broadcast in different countries and the money will go for Beirut :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Journal de Montreal

journaldemontreal.com

• Mardi, 13 octobre 2020 18:00 MISE À JOUR Mardi, 13 octobre 2020 18:00

:france:

«Je t’aime Beyrouth»: le message d’amour universel de Mika

Mika a été touché droit au cœur lorsque les explosions du 4 août dernier, dans le port de Beyrouth, ont ravagé sa ville natale. En guise de réplique à l’horreur, celle de la pandémie comme du drame au Liban, le chanteur a mis sur pied le concert caritatif virtuel «Je t’aime Beyrouth», que TVA diffusera en exclusivité canadienne ce vendredi.

En vidéoconférence avec une poignée de journalistes québécois, depuis Athènes, mardi matin, le futur directeur artistique de «Star Académie» a expliqué avec toute son éloquence que «Je t’aime Beyrouth» prend la forme d’une communion d’esprit, au message «large et universel».

Le rendez-vous a déjà rallié des internautes de 120 pays à travers le globe lors de sa première diffusion sur YouTube, le 19 septembre dernier, malgré l’intimité engendrée par le confinement. Et le projet a été porté avec beaucoup d’amour, a spécifié Mika.

«Quand on parle de Beyrouth, si on ne connaît pas le Liban et l’histoire récente du pays, on a tout de suite l’idée que c’est déjà la [catastrophe]. Pour beaucoup de gens autour du monde, ce n’est pas évident de comprendre le côté humain. C’est horrible de le dire, mais il y a un peu cette perception, que ça ne marche pas [là-bas], que le système politique est plein de corruption, que c’est la guerre...» a dépeint ce dernier.

«Et, quand j’ai réalisé que le concert se vendait partout dans le monde, je me suis dit qu’on avait une responsabilité. Il fallait communiquer de l’émotion, provoquer de l’empathie, raconter des histoires, former une connexion humaine. Pendant une heure quarante, on éteignait le côté politique, mais on n’adoucissait pas le côté humain. On amplifiait de petites histoires humaines, dans ce monde où les scandales font le plus de bruit, où les images d’apocalypse nous prennent l’attention. La partie humaine, après, est souvent oubliée», a continué l’auteur-compositeur-interprète de renommée mondiale.

Larmes et danse

Après sa première vie sur le web, l’événement «Je t’aime Beyrouth» a ensuite été présenté à la télévision, sur France 2 le 1er octobre, ainsi qu’en Italie et au Liban.

Le spectacle, de près de deux heures à l’origine, a été filmé dans un petit théâtre des années 1950, en Toscane, où on avait posé des caméras «dans tous les angles», a confié Mika. Une pléiade de personnalités y ont participé.

Ici, il sera relayé dans un format de 90 minutes, incluant les pauses publicitaires. TVA a conservé au montage, pour le public québécois, les numéros mettant en vedette Louane, Kylie Minogue et Rufus Wainwright. Bien sûr, Mika y revisite ses grands succès.

Et l’heure est à la fête malgré les tristes circonstances, a promis l’instigateur, qui se faisait un devoir de rendre hommage à la résilience des Libanais, un trait caractéristique important de son peuple, estime-t-il.

«C’était un challenge de parler de certaines histoires qui, franchement, tirent les larmes, et, une minute plus tard, être en train de danser, a illustré l’artiste. Si je n’arrivais pas à mélanger tristesse et joie, à créer un grand écart d’émotion, à faire pleurer et danser les gens, ça ne serait pas fidèle à ce que, moi, je considère la partie la plus libanaise de ma personnalité.»

En achetant les droits de diffusion de «Je t’aime Beyrouth», TVA s’est engagée à remettre l’entièreté des sommes de la licence de diffusion aux organismes Croix-Rouge libanaise et Save The Children Liban, organismes auxquels étaient dédiés tous les dons récoltés grâce à «Je t’aime Beyrouth». Plus d’un million d’Euros ont déjà été accumulés.

«C’est un joli début à quelque chose qui va être très intense, qui s’appelle "Star Académie", qui arrivera l’année prochaine», a souri Mika, qui se dit déjà heureux de sa collaboration avec TVA.

Graves répercussions

Mika et sa famille n’ont pas perdu de proches dans la tragédie d’il y a deux mois, qui a causé 200 morts, fait 6000 blessés et laissé 300 000 personnes à la rue.

«Mais chaque personne que je connais connaît quelqu’un qui a été blessé, qui a tout perdu ou qui est mort, a nuancé Mika. C’est une crise qui est difficile à quantifier. Quelques centaines de personnes sont mortes à cause de cette explosion, mais quand on cherche à visualiser 300 000 personnes qui n’ont plus de maison, ça devient surréaliste. Les répercussions de ces deux explosions, en combinaison avec l’instabilité politique, la crise économique et la COVID, rendent la situation très critique à Beyrouth.»

TVA présente le concert «Mika : Je t’aime Beyrouth», ce vendredi 16 octobre, à 22 h 35.

:uk:

"I love you Beirut": Mika's message of universal love

Mika was shot to the heart when the explosions of August 4, in the port of Beirut, devastated his hometown. In response to the horror of both the pandemic and the tragedy in Lebanon, the singer has set up the virtual charity concert "I love you Beirut", which TVA will broadcast exclusively in Canada this Friday.

By videoconference with a handful of Quebec journalists from Athens on Tuesday morning, the future artistic director of “Star Académie” explained with all his eloquence that “I love you Beirut” takes the form of a communion of spirit, at “broad and universal” message.

The meeting has already rallied Internet users from 120 countries across the globe when it was first broadcast on YouTube on September 19, despite the privacy engendered by the lockdown. And the project was carried with a lot of love, Mika said.

“When you talk about Beirut, if you don't know Lebanon and the country's recent history, you immediately get the idea that it is already [disaster]. For many people around the world, it’s not easy to understand the human side. It's horrible to say it, but there is a bit of this perception, that it doesn't work [out there], that the political system is full of corruption, that it's war ... ”portrayed this latest.

"And, when I realized that the concert was selling all over the world, I thought to myself that we have a responsibility. You had to communicate emotion, instill empathy, tell stories, form a human connection. For an hour and forty, we shut down the political side, but we didn't soften the human side. We amplified little human stories, in this world where scandals make the most noise, where images of the apocalypse take our attention. The human part, afterwards, is often forgotten, "continued the world-renowned singer-songwriter.

Tears and dance

After its first life on the web, the "I love you Beirut" event was then presented on television, on France 2 on October 1, as well as in Italy and Lebanon.

The show, originally nearly two hours long, was filmed in a small 1950s theater in Tuscany, where cameras were placed "from all angles," Mika said. A host of personalities participated.

Here, it will be relayed in a 90-minute format, including commercial breaks. TVA has kept the numbers featuring Louane, Kylie Minogue and Rufus Wainwright for the Quebec audience. Of course, Mika revisits his great successes there.

And now is the time to celebrate despite the sad circumstances, promised the instigator, who made a point of paying homage to the resilience of the Lebanese, an important characteristic of his people, he believes.

"It was a challenge to talk about some stories that, frankly, draw tears, and a minute later be dancing," the artist illustrated. If I couldn't mix sadness and joy, create a big emotional gap, make people cry and dance, it wouldn't be true that I consider the most Lebanese part of my personality. . "

By purchasing the broadcasting rights for “Je t'aime Beyrouth”, TVA undertook to hand over the entire sums of the broadcasting license to the Lebanese Red Cross and Save The Children Lebanon organizations, to which all the organizations were dedicated. donations collected thanks to “I love you Beirut”. Over a million Euros have already been accumulated.

"It's a nice start to something that is going to be very intense, called 'Star Académie', which will happen next year," smiled Mika, who is already happy with his collaboration with TVA.

Serious repercussions

Mika and his family have not lost loved ones in the tragedy two months ago, which left 200 people dead, 6,000 injured and left 300,000 homeless.

"But everyone I know knows someone who has been hurt, who has lost everything or who is dead," Mika said. It is a crisis that is difficult to quantify. A few hundred people died from this explosion, but when you try to visualize 300,000 people who no longer have a home, it becomes surreal. The repercussions of these two explosions, in combination with political instability, the economic crisis and COVID, make the situation in Beirut very critical. "

TVA presents the concert "Mika: I love you Beirut" this Friday, October 16, at 10:35 p.m.

EkORfKKUcAACx9O?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Here, it will be relayed in a 90-minute format, including commercial breaks. TVA has kept the numbers featuring Louane, Kylie Minogue and Rufus Wainwright for the Quebec audience. Of course, Mika revisits his great successes there.

Oh, so in Canada they will cut the show to 90 minutes including commercials... Seems like they will cut some artists off? I hope they will keep "Promissland"  at least !!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Oh, so in Canada they will cut the show to 90 minutes including commercials... Seems like they will cut some artists off? I hope they will keep "Promissland"  at least !!!!

I hope so too, but they only mention Louane, Kylie and Rufus - if they cut the duets with Danna and Mashrou Leila, it'll lose some of the best parts. 🙄 I guess they won't show Laura Pausini's performance, and maybe also not the poems, but I hope they'll leave the other songs.

On another note, they write he's in Athens, or at least was yesterday for the video conference. Max also posted a pic from Athens on IG last night, with Andy on it... I thought they'd be filming something for Max, maybe a music video, as his album is out tomorrow... but maybe it was something for Mika?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, mellody said:

I hope so too, but they only mention Louane, Kylie and Rufus - if they cut the duets with Danna and Mashrou Leila, it'll lose some of the best parts. 🙄 I guess they won't show Laura Pausini's performance, and maybe also not the poems, but I hope they'll leave the other songs.

On another note, they write he's in Athens, or at least was yesterday for the video conference. Max also posted a pic from Athens on IG last night, with Andy on it... I thought they'd be filming something for Max, maybe a music video, as his album is out tomorrow... but maybe it was something for Mika?

Already during our live when Mika appeared I was wondering where he was. It looked  like his kitchen in Athens but I did not  even take this into consideration as I was expecting him rather in Italy. Another Mika's mystery :wink2:

And on Max's photo they are wearing Creepy Neighbor's hats. Maybe it's for Max's new songs?

• Like 4