Mika in French press - 2020

Kumazzz

22 minutes ago, mellody said:

Huh? :blink: Why doesn't he want that? Is that all he says, or do I miss a connection there to something else he says?

I think it's connected to an other interview (Don't ask me which one …..:naughty: ) when he said that he wants the show to be a blast

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Huh? :blink: Why doesn't he want that? Is that all he says, or do I miss a connection there to something else he says?

Mika wants that fans leave the venue in a state of "shock", surpriesed by what they saw, what they lived during two hours. That they lived something what is hard to find in a "normal life".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

France 2

Télématin

• Émission du samedi 7 mars 2020
  • Issue of Saturday 7 March 2020

https://www.france.tv/france-2/telematin/1290175-telematin.html

• diffusé le sam. 07.03.20 à 6h59
  • disponible jusqu'au 19.01.38
  • info & société - 175 min - tous publics

YouTube

MP4 ( 720p / 67MB )

Translation of Mika's part

Mika:" Getting on stage is my therapy. It is my way to put things on place. 

I wanted to create a show with different chapters. And each chapter has its own colour, in which I put together emotions, subjects about which I want to discuss with the audience during the show. with music, in different colours and different emotions.

Two years ago I created a sort of challenge for myself. I asked myself a question. I said: Ok. I have 10 years of my career on stage. I have been ctreating music - melodic, pop. And all this to tell stories. How can I grow up, evoluate without loosing my colours? I think it is the biggest challenge for all of us. In our grown up life the biggest challenge is to evoluate without loosing our colours.

In the past I thought it was a big difference between Mika and Michael. I thought that the only way to live the life I loved was to forget the part of Michael. I am now 36 and I realised that it is not true. I had this pressure between Mika and Michael : which one is real? Well, both. Both identities are important. Because both are part of my creativity. 

Tonight I want that the audience leave the venue with an sort of impression that they didn't know what happened. That is why concerts are so important. Concerts can provoke something what is hard to find in a normal life".

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mika wants that fans leave the venue in a state of "shock", surpriesed by what they saw, what they lived during two hours. That they lived something what is hard to find in a "normal life".

Ah, that makes more sense, thank you. So well, just the usual standard of a Mika show. :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks @Subtitling Team ! :flowers2:

20 hours ago, Subtitling Team said:

You can always count on Mika to brig color into life 🎨 Enjoy Télématin with English subtitles :france: :uk:

I find it interesting what this Frederic guy (btw, who is he?) says after the interview, that he got the impression that being famous used to frighten Mika. I don't know what French words they're using here, but I don't think it was fear that made it hard for Mika to cope with fame. He just couldn't accept it because he hated himself. So in my opinion that was one part of the Mika / Michael conflict - Mika the famous guy who is loved by many, Michael the way he saw himself, which mostly wasn't in a very good light. Just my interpretation though, unfortunately I didn't get the chance to chat with M about it, as that journalist did. :lol3:

And well, while I'm using the past tense here, I think still some of it is true - as Mika says, this tension between Mika and Michael is part of his creativity. If now he manages to push the crazy part of being famous, like people jumping at him, on to MIKA, while at the same time as Michael he can feel he's responsible for the good sides, for example when he enjoys the admiration after singing Happy Ending off-mic, that is a very healthy approach to being famous. And it can help a lot to keep his feet on the ground but at the same time accept his fans' admiration (to a certain level).

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Voici 12/06/2020

https://www.voici.fr/news-people/actu-people/photo-top-chef-un-celebre-chanteur-a-la-table-du-restaurant-de-david-gallienne-682338?fbclid=IwAR2BHopXi7Stb96qIQVhnUT4k64Y79jTm66VbOi4dkpsUAzm6q4hfjKMQAk

Google transalation into English:

PHOTO Top Chef: a famous singer at the table of David Gallienne's restaurant

Finalist of Top Chef, David has not only the unconditional support of Hélène Darroze. The star chef received an internationally known singer at his table. A meeting that he hastened to reveal on social networks.

Crying in Top Chef, no one wishes this to David Gallienne, the long-awaited finalist who will have to compete in imagination next Wednesday against Adrien in high-flying culinary combat that promises ... On the other hand, crying in Top Chef is something that has already happened to David Gallienne, a few weeks ago when - at the turn of a surprise organized by the production - the starred chef saw his husband Alexis disembark to support him, accompanied by his two children, born of his previous union. "It makes sense to have the three of them by my side today, because in fact, these are the three people who share my life. Without them, I am nothing, confessed - he, in tears. Before reaching this harmony, David Gallienne had gone through difficult moments during his coming-out: "

There was a sorting in my life which happened naturally because it was not understood by some people, he admitted, more and more tears in his eyes. Of course it was a liberation, a fulfillment of who I really was. "For the young man, Top Chef represents more than a simple culinary competition:" It is a revenge on what I have been able to live for the past five years, he concludes. Where it was very hard for me. Today I'm not afraid to show who I am. "And who he is, please! The proof with this surprise visit he just had ...

Mika, supporter of David Gallienne

Back in the kitchen of the Jardin des plumes, his Michelin-starred restaurant, David Gallienne just had a nice surprise: the presence of singer Mika at his table. Another good surprise that he immediately immortalized in a photo before sharing it on his Instagram thread. On the picture, Mika and David Gallienne completely forget the barrier gestures and stand glued-tight, all smiles. In legend of this beautiful moment, the finalist of Top Chef writes a few words of Mika's hit We are golden before declaring: "A thousand thanks Mika for having done me the honor to come and taste my cuisine in my restaurant Le Jardin des plumes !

For info: We are golden evokes gold and success, that's all M6 viewers can wish David Gallienne for Wednesday's final confrontation!

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

It seems the Bercy gig from December will be shown in cinemas across France, but also Belgium and Netherlands - someone just posted about it on the MFC live. Here's info in French about it: https://kinepolis.fr/evenements/concert-cine-music-fesitvala-mika

Retrouvez le meilleur de la musique sur grand écran avec le Summer Music Festival.
vendredi 21 août | Mika

Quatre ans après son dernier album, Mika est de retour avec «My Name Is Michael Holbrook». L'occasion d'une tournée en treize dates dans toute la France, dont ce concert donné à Paris le 22 décembre 2019 à l'AccorHotels Arena. Un show haut en couleurs.

• Thanks 1

France 2

"Chantons ensemble les Francos"

https://www.france.tv/spectacles-et-culture/chanson-francaise/1804505-chantons-ensemble-les-francos.html#xtor=CS3-1040-[france2]-[chantonslesFrancos]

10th July 2020

• diffusé le ven. 10.07.20 à 22h59
  • disponible jusqu'au 18.07.20
  • chanson française - 127 min

:france:

La crise sanitaire a contraint les organisateurs des Francofolies à annuler l'édition 2020 du festival de La Rochelle.
Les artistes qui devaient s'y produire seront dans leur grande majorité présents en 2021. En attendant, "Chantons ensemble" propose de vivre l'ambiance du festival de chez soi, en toute sécurité, mais avec au coeur l'envie de se rassembler autour des artistes qui font vivre la scène musicale francophone.
 Retour sur les grands moments des éditions précédentes, avec notamment Johnny Hallyday, Soprano, Renaud, Stromae, Véronique Sanson ou encore BigFlo et Oli...

:uk:

The health crisis forced the organizers of Francofolies to cancel the 2020 edition of the La Rochelle festival.
The artists who were to perform there will be in their great majority present in 2021. In the meantime, "Let's sing together" offers to live the atmosphere of the festival from home, in complete safety, but with the heart to come together around the artists who bring the French music scene to life.
  Back on the great moments of previous editions, with in particular Johnny Hallyday, Soprano, Renaud, Stromae, Véronique Sanson or BigFlo and Oli,...

A Whole TV Show

A Part of Mika ( Interview from Athens 2020 / Underwater 2016 / Relax 2008 )

@Subtitling Team Could you make subs to the video ? Thanks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Le Parisien.fr

Bernard Lavilliers : «Il faudrait organiser un concert pour le Liban»

Bernard Lavilliers veut chanter pour le Liban En 2008, le chanteur sortait son album « Samedi soir à Beyrouth ». Ce bourlingueur de toujours souhaite aujourd’hui organiser un concert pour aider le pays traumatisé par les explosions.

Artiste engagé, Bernard Lavilliers est un amoureux du Liban où il a de nombreux amis. Le chanteur aimerait organiser un concert pour soutenir le peuple libanais.

Vous avez un lien très fort avec Beyrouth…

BERNARD LAVILLIERS. Je suis effondré par ce qui se passe, j'ai tant d'amis au Liban. Je suis allé à Beyrouth en 1982 alors en pleine guerre. J'ai tout de suite eu un coup de cœur pour ce pays, pour les Libanais. Ce fut aussi un coup de cœur culturel car il y a là-bas une telle effervescence artistique. Sans doute lié à la souffrance que connaît depuis tant d'années le Liban. J'aime le mélange des cultures très anciennes de ce pays, son ambiance. J'y suis retourné en février 2006, les Syriens étaient partis, on pouvait enfin se balader partout dans la ville. C'est là-bas que j'ai commencé à écrire l'album « Samedi soir à Beyrouth » où j'ai voulu parler de ce pays incroyable, de ses douleurs et de ses nombreuses cicatrices mais aussi de l'incroyable sens de la fête des Libanais. Beyrouth est une ville très attachante et je suis retourné régulièrement.

Vous avez des nouvelles de vos amis ?

Ils sont assommés et en état de sidération. Je ne sais pas encore si j'ai perdu des amis car je n'ai pas encore eu de nouvelle de tous. J'ai mal pour ce pays, de ne pas savoir si tout le monde est encore vivant, j'ai mal pour la population libanaise, qu'elle soit sunnite, maronite, druze, chiite…

Vous y avez joué aussi plusieurs fois ?

J'ai joué au MusicHall, une salle de spectacle d'environ 1000 places qui ressemble à un petit Olympia situé en plein cœur de Beyrouth dans le quartier des artistes. J'ai eu son propriétaire au téléphone, mon ami Michel Elefteriades, qui m'a annoncé que la salle était détruite. Cela me fait mal car c'était un lieu magique, unique au monde. Mais sans comparaison bien sûr avec le drame humain. Je me souviens aussi de la fête de la musique en 2007 qui n'avait pas eu lieu depuis des années. J'étais sans mes musiciens et j'ai joué avec le percussionniste Ibrahim Jaber et ce fut un moment très fort sur la place des Martyrs.

Comment aider le Liban ?

Pour eux, il faut rester optimiste car là, la situation est tellement grave. Les années de guerres, la corruption, la crise économique et maintenant cette double explosion, c'est la totale. Il faut vraiment les aider car ils n'y arriveront pas tous seuls. Dès que cela sera possible sans gêner les secours, j'irai voir mes amis à Beyrouth. Même si à cause du Covid, on a du mal à organiser des concerts, on pourrait imaginer chanter pour les Libanais.

Un appel à Louis Chedid, son fils Matthieu, Ibrahim Maalouf, Mika et tous les artistes proches du Liban ?

Bien sûr, et il y a en plein d'autres comme Cyril Mokaiesh! Ce serait l'occasion bien sûr de récolter des fonds mais aussi de témoigner au peuple libanais de notre soutien moral, de notre solidarité. C'est important de leur dire qu'on est avec eux. Ce serait vraiment bien d'organiser ce concert.

:uk:Google translator

Bernard Lavilliers: "We should organize a concert for Lebanon"

Bernard Lavilliers wants to sing for Lebanon In 2008, the singer released his album "Saturday evening in Beirut". This lifelong backpacker now wants to organize a concert to help the country traumatized by the explosions.

Committed artist, Bernard Lavilliers is in love with Lebanon where he has many friends. The singer would like to organize a concert to support the Lebanese people.

You have a very strong link with Beirut ...

BERNARD LAVILLIERS. I am devastated by what is happening, I have so many friends in Lebanon. I went to Beirut in 1982, then in the midst of the war. I immediately fell in love with this country, for the Lebanese. It was also a cultural crush because there is such artistic effervescence there. Without doubt linked to the suffering that Lebanon has known for so many years. I like the mix of ancient cultures of this country, its atmosphere. I went back there in February 2006, the Syrians were gone, we could finally walk around the city. It was there that I started to write the album “Saturday evening in Beirut” where I wanted to talk about this incredible country, its pains and its many scars but also the incredible sense of feast of the Lebanese. Beirut is a very endearing city and I have returned regularly.

Have you heard from your friends?

They are stunned and in a state of bewilderment. I don't know yet if I've lost any friends because I haven't heard from them yet. It hurts for this country, not to know if everyone is still alive, it hurts for the Lebanese population, whether Sunni, Maronite, Druze, Shiite ...

Have you also played it several times?

I played at the MusicHall, a performance hall of around 1000 seats that looks like a small Olympia located in the heart of Beirut in the artists' district. I had its owner on the phone, my friend Michel Elefteriades, who told me that the hall was destroyed. It hurts me because it was a magical place, unique in the world. But of course without comparison with the human drama. I also remember the music festival in 2007 which had not taken place for years. I was without my musicians and I played with the percussionist Ibrahim Jaber and it was a very strong moment on the Place des Martyrs.

How to help Lebanon?

For them, we must remain optimistic because there, the situation is so serious. The years of wars, corruption, the economic crisis and now this double explosion is the total. You really have to help them because they won't do it on their own. As soon as it is possible without hindering the emergency services, I will go to see my friends in Beirut. Even if because of the Covid, we have trouble organizing concerts, we could imagine singing for the Lebanese.

A call to Louis Chedid, his son Matthieu, Ibrahim Maalouf, Mika and all the artists close to Lebanon?

Of course, and there are plenty of others like Cyril Mokaiesh! This would of course be an opportunity to raise funds but also to show the Lebanese people our moral support, our solidarity. It is important to tell them that we are with them. It would be really good to organize this concert.

le-parisien-2020-08-08_p_23.thumb.jpg.3979cbc6b924c1b60c2c0a9075d585c6.jpg

• Like 1

BFMTV

https://www.bfmtv.com/people/musique/les-secrets-des-tubes-grace-kelly-de-mika_AV-202008150021.html

Le 15/08/2020 à 7:52 | Durée : 2:46

Secrets des tubes : "Grace Kelly" de Mika - 15/08

Chaque week-end de l'été, Philippe Dufreigne vous raconte les secrets de fabrication et l’histoire méconnue des tubes que vous connaissez tous. Aujourd'hui, Grace Kelly de Mika.

C’est l’histoire d’une déception et d’un coup de pied dans la fourmilière qui va lancer une carrière. Mika travaille comme serveur pendant la nuit pour se payer des heures de studio. L'objectif est de faire des maquettes pour séduire des producteurs. Mais le dernier rendez-vous n’est pas encore celui de la victoire.

"Le meeting dure 30 minutes, et ils disent non, se souvient le chanteur. 'Tu ne peux pas être un peu plus comme ça, un peu plus comme ci, c'est un peu trop bizarre'. Je rentre chez moi et j'écris. 'Est-ce que je dois être plus vieux, plus jeune, un peu plus comme Freddie Mercury?".

Freddie Mercury, et surtout Grace Kelly, la référence n’est pas anodine. C’est l’une des premières personnes que la grand-mère de Mika a rencontrée quand elle est arrivée en Amérique.

"Elle ne comprenait pas tout ce que le gens disaient autour d'elle. Une femme est venue pour la réconforter, et à la fin, son mari lui a dit en arabe 'tu te rends compte qui c'était? C'était Grace Kelly!".

"Le pari a fonctionné"

Mais cette première maquette va séduire une femme du nom de Jody Marr. Elle incite Mika à aller en studio à Miami pour enregistrer. Mais à l’époque, elle ne lui dit pas tout.

"Je suis allé travailler avec cette femme sans savoir qu'elle avait hypothéqué son propre appartement pour payer ce projet. Le pari a fonctionné pour elle, pour moi, parce qu'un an après ça, j'ai signé pour faire mon premier disque."

Grace Kelly sera le tube de l’année 2007. Et va lancer la carrière mondiale de Mika. Avec un texte où il épingle pourtant l’industrie du disque. Un titre qui a encore aujourd’hui une saveur particulière à ses yeux, un goût de revanche.

"Quand je la chante aujourd'hui, c'est pour moi la chanson où je fais ça [il mime un doigt d'honneur"], elle est toujours utile.

Une utilité confirmée par le public qui assiste à ses shows. Le titre est désormais devenu un classique du chanteur.

Philippe Dufreigne

:uk:

Secrets of the tubes: "Grace Kelly" by Mika - 08/15

Every summer weekend, Philippe Dufreigne tells you about the manufacturing secrets and the little-known history of the hits you all know. Today, Grace Kelly from Mika.

It’s the story of one disappointment and one kick in the anthill that will launch a career. Mika works as a waiter overnight to pay for studio hours. The objective is to make models to attract producers. But the last meeting is not yet that of victory.

"The meeting lasts 30 minutes, and they say no, remembers the singer. 'You can't be a little more like that, a little more like this, it's a little too weird." I go home and I 'write.' Do I have to be older, younger, a little more like Freddie Mercury? ".

Freddie Mercury, and especially Grace Kelly, the reference is not trivial. She was one of the first people Mika's grandmother met when she arrived in America.

“She didn't understand everything people were saying around her. A woman came to comfort her, and at the end her husband said to her in Arabic 'Do you realize who it was? It was Grace. Kelly! ".

"The bet worked"

But this first model will seduce a woman named Jody Marr. She urges Mika to go to the studio in Miami to record. But at the time, she didn't tell him everything.

"I went to work with this woman without knowing that she had mortgaged her own apartment to pay for this project. The bet worked for her, for me, because a year after that, I signed to make my first record. . "

Grace Kelly will be the hit of the year 2007. And will launch Mika's worldwide career. With a text where he nevertheless pinpoints the recording industry. A title that still has a special flavor in his eyes, a taste of revenge.

"When I sing it today, it's the song where I do that for me [he mimics a middle finger"], it is always useful.

On the same subject

•     “You will get up as you always have”: Mika's poignant message in Lebanon and Beirut

A usefulness confirmed by the public attending his shows. The title has now become a classic for the singer.
Philippe Dufreigne

Edjei4ZWoAM8qik?format=jpg&name=large

YouTube

:bow:@Subtitling Team

Edited by Kumazzz
updating
  • Thanks 1

A quick translation into English:

Philippe Dufreigne: This is a story that arose in a moment of disappointment and was the gesture of putting a stick into an anthill that was the first step to his career. Mika worked in the evenings as a waiter to pay for access to the recording studio. His goal was to create a demo version to demonstrate to the producers. But the last meeting was by no means a step towards victory.

Mika: The conversation lasted 30 minutes and at the end they said "no". “Couldn't you be a bit like this performer, a bit like that? Your music is a bit strange "...

I came back home and I write: "do I have to be older, do I have to be younger, or should I be a bit more like Freddie Mercury?"

Philippe Dufreigne: Freddie Mercury and especially Grace Kelly. This reference is not accidental. This was the first person Mika's grandmother met when she came to America.

Mika: My grandmother didn't understand what the people around her were talking about. A woman approached her to comfort her. Finally her husband said to her in Arabic, "Do you know who it was?" And she said, No, who was it? It was Grace Kelly.

So my grandmother kept saying (Mika imitates her Arabic accent) Grace Kelly, Grace Kelly.

Philippe Dufreigne: Jodi Marr liked this first demo a lot. She invites Mika to a recording studio in Miami. But then she didn't tell him everything.

Mika: I didn't know that I flew to Miami to work with this woman who got money by taking a loan for her apartment. To pay this project. Fortunately, both hers and me succeeded. A year later, I signed a contract to release my first album.

Philippe Dufreigne: "Grace Kelly" will become the hit of 2007 and will mark the beginning of Mika's world career, despite the fact that the lyrics are criticising the music industry. It is a title that has a special meaning for him until now.

Mika: When I sing this song today ... for me, this is the song by which I do this (Mika shows his middle finger). It has not lost its meaning (literally he sais "still useful to me").

Philippe Dufreigne: This is confirmed by the audience that comes to his concerts. This song has already become a classic in the singer's repertoire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/29/2019 at 11:37 AM, Kumazzz said:

cheriefm.be

Posté le 18/08/2020

À qui doit-on les pochettes d’albums ultra colorées de Mika ?
Chérie Belgique

À qui doit-on les pochettes d’albums ultra colorées de Mika ? S’il y en a qui assume son style à 100%, c’est bien lui !

LUCIE-CHERIE.jpg

Et depuis toujours, il véhicule une image positive grâce à son univers haut en couleurs. En 2007, lorsqu’il sort « Relax, take it easy », son premier tube, il surprend les gens par son originalité. On remarque un goût très prononcé pour le « do it yourself » et l’art du collage. Inspiré par la culture pop et les couleurs flash, il s’impose avec un univers bien à lui. 

Une illustratrice pas comme les autres 

Derrière ces pochettes qui donnent la pêche se cache l’illustratrice DaWack. Elle est à l’origine de « Life in Cartoon motion » et de « The boy who knew too much ». Et cette illustratrice… ce n’est autre que la grande sœur de Mika, Yasmine Penniman. Depuis toujours, ils partagent un goût pour l’originalité et les visuels hauts en couleurs. Depuis des années, les deux artistes travaillent main dans la main. On connaît des parents qui doivent être vachement fiers… 

2 hours ago, koningin said:

Article publié sur le site de Chérie FM Belgique, 18 août 2020

https://www.cheriefm.be/articles/a-qui-doit-on-les-pochettes-dalbums-ultra-colorees.html

image.thumb.png.c6abbba3e182d5dcc1afd71125bad99b.png

image.thumb.png.b5bd73fa00aae5b14f54f701b676aa45.png

image.thumb.png.7f135a94f40ee319d60764bb69f5d61a.png

• Like 1

Le Parisien

24/08/2020

9 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

:france: INTERVIEW

• Par Stéphanie GuerrinLe 24 août 2020 à 09h28

Explosions de Beyrouth : pour Mika, «un tel désastre appelle à l’action»

Profondément affecté par le drame qui s’est produit à Beyrouth, sa ville natale, le chanteur se confie sur le concert caritatif qu’il organise le 19 septembre.

Ne surtout pas rester inactif face à la tragédie. Mika, né à Beyrouth en 1983 et dont la maman est libanaise, veut participer à sa manière à l'élan de solidarité envers son pays d'origine, frappé par le drame le 4 août, quand deux explosions ont dévasté la capitale. Il a ainsi annoncé vendredi l'organisation d'un concert au profit des victimes, « I Love Beirut », pour le 19 septembre . Le show sera diffusé en streaming et en direct sur YouTube à travers le monde, depuis son jardin en Toscane (Italie).

A l'occasion de l'ouverture de la billetterie ce lundi 24 août à 10 heures, le chanteur se confie sur ce projet qui lui tient énormément à cœur. Les bénéfices du concert seront reversés aux antennes libanaises de la Croix-Rouge et de Save The Children. En parallèle, un partenariat avec le site GoFundMe permettra de récolter des dons supplémentaires pour ces organisations.

Quelles sont les nouvelles de vos proches au Liban ?

MIKA. Comme tous les Libanais, nous connaissons des personnes dont la vie a été dramatiquement bouleversée. Mes plus proches n'ont pas été blessés. Mais, dans leur entourage, des amis ont été victimes de l'explosion, certains meurtris dans leur chair, d'autres ont connu des dégâts matériels. Et tous me disent que cette catastrophe est un traumatisme qui laissera des séquelles longtemps.

Vous êtes très attaché à vos racines libanaises alors même que vous n'avez vécu au Liban que jusqu'à l'âge d'un an et demi. Comment l'expliquez-vous ?

C'est assez fascinant, en fait. Si vous parlez avec quiconque a des origines libanaises, tout le monde vous dira la même chose : peu importe quel pourcentage de Libanais vous avez en vous, c'est quelque chose qui reste. Afin de s'accrocher à cette part de leur identité, des centaines de milliers de personnes déplacées à cause de la guerre civile la cultivent dans leur vie quotidienne et culturelle au sein de leur foyer. Donc même si je n'y suis resté qu'un an et demi, si vous étiez venu chez nous après, les tapis venaient du Liban, la nourriture aussi, on écoutait les disques de la chanteuse Fairuz dans le salon. C'est comme une mythologie du Liban qui reste vivante grâce à la diaspora, suspendue dans toutes ces petites bulles domestiques à travers le monde. C'est pour ça que quand j'ai vu les images des explosions de Beyrouth, ça m'a profondément choqué, comme beaucoup de gens à travers tellement de générations. Un tel désastre appelle à l'action, à l'engagement.

Vous avez donc décidé d'organiser «I love Beirut». A quoi va ressembler ce concert ?

Ma principale priorité est de faire quelque chose de beau, qui a du sens, avec une vraie intention artistique derrière, et qui va raconter des histoires. A un moment où on devient presque insensible aux statistiques que l'on voit tous les jours aux infos, la responsabilité d'un musicien comme moi est de communiquer des émotions et de susciter de l'empathie. Il ne suffit pas de simplement récolter de l'argent. Je vois « I love Beirut » comme un projet artistique à 360 degrés. Il y a le concert, que je ferai dans mon propre jardin, en extérieur. J'ai aussi sollicité des équipes techniques à travers le monde, des réalisateurs, des photographes. Il y aura différents types de contenus, avec la musique au centre.

Pouvez-vous nous en dire plus sur les invités qui seront présents ?

Ce ne sera pas une succession d'invités, pas un collage de performances sur Zoom (NDLR : un service de visioconférence), mais un show pensé avec un concept, une narration. Ce sera un concert de Mika avec des participations libanaises, françaises, mexicaines, italiennes, américaines, britanniques…

La dernière fois que vous étiez au Liban, c'était il y a quatre ans…

Oui, au Festival international de Baalbek (NDLR : près de la frontière syrienne, sur un site de ruines de monuments romains) et le jour des explosions, c'était justement l'anniversaire de ce concert ! C'est tellement bizarre parce que ce matin-là, quand je regardais Instagram, plein de gens postaient des photos du show. Le soir même, j'étais sur Internet à regarder des photos du Liban dramatiquement différentes.

Quels souvenirs gardez-vous de vos concerts au Liban ?

Un délicieux chaos émotionnel (rires). J'ai joué à différents endroits au Liban, mais Baalbek, c'est très particulier. Quand les gens sont contents, ils jettent des coussins en l'air, formant une vague très belle qui commence au fond et qui se rapproche doucement. Inévitablement, les coussins se retrouvent à un moment sur scène. Une fois, on a dû arrêter le concert pour les dégager et réinstaller le matériel pendant 25 minutes durant lesquelles on a passé de la musique. Les gens se sont mis à danser au milieu de ces ruines romaines, c'était comme une boîte de nuit folle. On a fini par confisquer les coussins qu'on a entreposés dans le temple de Jupiter pour que je puisse continuer. A Baalbek, les gens pleurent, rient, crient, dansent… C'est vraiment un des plus beaux endroits sur Terre pour un concert. Evidemment, j'aurais adoré que « I Love Beirut » puisse se jouer au Liban, mais c'est impossible à ce jour. Donc on va essayer d'être à la hauteur pour que ce soit presque aussi bien.

Dans votre lettre adressée au Liban et à Beyrouth, publiée notamment dans le Journal du Dimanche, vous avez des mots durs à l'encontre du gouvernement libanais…

Ce que je critique, c'est la rhétorique politique. Quand le Premier ministre libanais dit que « les responsables devront rendre des comptes », après un tel désastre, c'est un jeu de miroirs purement politique. Quand des gens perdent la vie – 200 morts, 6000 blessés, 300 000 qui se retrouvent sans toit –, qu'on est au milieu de la pire crise financière et économique que le Liban ait connu, quand les niveaux de pauvreté s'aggravent de plus en plus, ce genre de rhétorique politique c'est exaspérant.

Vous allez jusqu'à dire que, en trente ans, le pays des cèdres est devenu le pays des cendres…

C'est le propre de la guerre. Regardez ce qui s'est passé en Syrie, ce lieu de naissance de tellement de cultures. La guerre s'empare de ce qu'il y a de plus noble et le réduit en cendres, sans aucune discrimination.

Cette dure réalité, vous l'avez côtoyée notamment en 2015, quand vous vous êtes rendu au Liban dans le cadre du Haut-Commissariat des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés…

C'était un voyage très fort, à travers différentes régions du pays et au contact de plein de nationalités et d'histoires. Comme celles de médecins ou d'ingénieurs qui fuyaient la Syrie et qui avaient tout perdu. Puis je me suis retrouvé dans un centre de soutien situé dans un lieu secret à Beyrouth, consacré à l'aide des réfugiés membres de la communauté LGBTQI. Certaines des histoires les plus puissantes que j'ai entendues de ma vie, je les ai entendues là. Ce qui est extraordinaire dans ce genre d'engagement, c'est ce concentré de vie que l'on croise. C'est exactement pour ça que le concert « I Love Beirut » doit raconter des histoires, parce que je connais l'impact émotionnel qu'elles peuvent provoquer.

« I Love Beirut », le 19 septembre sur YouTube à 21 heures (heure française).

Billets à 10 euros sur Ticketmaster en vente à partie du lundi 24 août à 10 heures. Possibilité d'effectuer des dons supplémentaires grâce au site GoFundMe (à ne pas confondre avec la billetterie).

:uk: Google translator

Beirut explosions: for Mika, "such a disaster calls for action"

Deeply affected by the drama that occurred in Beirut, his hometown, the singer opens up about the charity concert he is organizing on September 19.

Above all, don't remain inactive in the face of tragedy. Mika, born in Beirut in 1983 and whose mother is Lebanese, wants to participate in his own way in the outpouring of solidarity with his country of origin, struck by the tragedy on August 4, when two explosions devastated the capital. He announced Friday the organization of a concert for the benefit of the victims, "I Love Beirut" for September 19. The show will be streamed and broadcast live on YouTube across the world, from his garden in Tuscany (Italy).

On the occasion of the opening of the ticket office this Monday, August 24 at 10 am, the singer confides in this project which is very close to his heart. Profits from the concert will be donated to the Lebanese branches of the Red Cross and Save The Children. At the same time, a partnership with the GoFundMe site will make it possible to collect additional donations for these organizations.

What is the news of your relatives in Lebanon?

MIKA. Like all Lebanese, we know people whose lives have been dramatically changed. My relatives were not injured. But, around them, friends were victims of the explosion, some bruised in their flesh, others suffered material damage. And they all tell me that this catastrophe is a trauma that will leave its consequences for a long time.

You are very attached to your Lebanese roots even though you only lived in Lebanon until the age of one and a half. How do you explain it?

It's quite fascinating, actually. If you speak with anyone who is of Lebanese origins, everyone will tell you the same thing: no matter what percentage of Lebanese you have in you, it is something that stays. In order to cling to this part of their identity, hundreds of thousands of people displaced by civil war cultivate it in their daily and cultural life in their homes. So even though I only stayed there for a year and a half, if you had come to our house afterwards, the rugs came from Lebanon, the food also, we listened to the records of the singer Fairuz in the living room. It's like a mythology of Lebanon that remains alive thanks to the diaspora, suspended in all these little domestic bubbles around the world. That's why when I saw the images of the explosions in Beirut, it shocked me deeply, like many people over so many generations. Such a disaster calls for action, for commitment.

So you have decided to organize "I love Beirut". What will this concert look like?

My main priority is to do something beautiful, that makes sense, with real artistic intention behind it, and that will tell stories. At a time when you become almost oblivious to the statistics you see on the news every day, the responsibility of a musician like me is to communicate emotions and create empathy. It is not enough to simply raise money. I see “I love Beirut” as a 360-degree art project. There is the concert, which I will do in my own garden, outdoors. I also called on technical teams around the world, directors, photographers. There will be different types of content, with music at the center.

Can you tell us more about the guests who will be attending?

It will not be a succession of guests, not a collage of performances on Zoom (Editor's note: a videoconference service), but a show thought out with a concept, a narration. It will be a concert by Mika with Lebanese, French, Mexican, Italian, American, British participations ...

The last time you were in Lebanon was four years ago ...

Yes, at the Baalbek International Festival (Editor's note: near the Syrian border, on a site of ruins of Roman monuments) and the day of the explosions, it was precisely the anniversary of this concert! It's so weird because that morning, when I was looking at Instagram, a lot of people were posting pictures from the show. That same evening, I was on the Internet looking at dramatically different photos of Lebanon.

What memories do you keep from your concerts in Lebanon?

Delicious emotional chaos (laughs). I've played in different places in Lebanon, but Baalbek is very special. When people are happy, they throw pillows in the air, forming a very beautiful wave that starts at the bottom and slowly comes closer. Inevitably, the cushions end up on stage at some point. Once, we had to stop the concert to free them and reinstall the equipment for 25 minutes during which we played music. People started dancing in the middle of these Roman ruins, it was like a crazy nightclub. We ended up confiscating the cushions we stored in the temple of Jupiter so that I could continue. In Baalbek, people cry, laugh, scream, dance… It really is one of the most beautiful places on Earth for a concert. Obviously, I would have loved that "I Love Beirut" could be played in Lebanon, but it is impossible to date. So we're going to try to be up to it to make it almost as good.

In your letter addressed to Lebanon and Beirut, published in particular in the Journal du Dimanche, you have harsh words against the Lebanese government ...

What I am criticizing is political rhetoric. When the Lebanese Prime Minister says that "those responsible will be held to account" after such a disaster, it is a purely political mirror game. When people lose their lives - 200 dead, 6,000 injured, 300,000 left homeless - you are in the midst of the worst financial and economic crisis Lebanon has ever known, when poverty levels worsen by more and more, this kind of political rhetoric is infuriating.

You go so far as to say that, in thirty years, the land of cedars has become the land of ashes ...

It is characteristic of war. Look at what happened in Syria, the birthplace of so many cultures. The war seizes what is most noble and reduces it to ashes, without any discrimination.

You experienced this harsh reality, especially in 2015, when you visited Lebanon within the framework of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees ...

It was a very strong journey, through different regions of the country and in contact with many nationalities and histories. Like those of doctors or engineers who were fleeing Syria and who had lost everything. Then I found myself in a support center located in a secret location in Beirut, dedicated to helping refugees who are members of the LGBTQI community. Some of the most powerful stories I've heard in my life, I've heard them there. What is extraordinary about this kind of commitment is this concentration of life that we come across. This is exactly why the “I Love Beirut” concert has to tell stories, because I know the emotional impact they can have.

“I Love Beirut,” September 19 on YouTube at 9 p.m. KST.

Tickets at 10 euros on Ticketmaster on sale from Monday 24 August at 10 a.m. Possibility of making additional donations through the GoFundMe site (not to be confused with the ticket office).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

In the last 2 questions he talks about his gigs. They ask him whether he misses the concerts and he says of course, especially this contact, this 'communion of spirit' during a show, and also working with a team. Then they ask him whether he can imagine concerts with masks, seated and social distancing. He says how it was planned like that for his South Korea gigs by the promoter, but in the end they got cancelled. He says at the theatre or museum it can work like this, but right now he can't imagine it for a concert at a theatre or an arena, with thousands of people singing and dancing.

Looking forward to a better / full translation @Subtitling Team :blush-anim-cl:

• Like 3

Le Parisien.fr

• Le Parisien - 25 Août 2020 (No. 23633)

🔽 PDF file ( page 1, 28 / 533 KB ) Le_Parisien_2020_08_25_page1+28.pdf

On 8/24/2020 at 6:44 PM, Kumazzz said:

:france: INTERVIEW

• Par Stéphanie GuerrinLe 24 août 2020 à 09h28

Explosions de Beyrouth : pour Mika, «un tel désastre appelle à l’action»

Profondément affecté par le drame qui s’est produit à Beyrouth, sa ville natale, le chanteur se confie sur le concert caritatif qu’il organise le 19 septembre.

Ne surtout pas rester inactif face à la tragédie. Mika, né à Beyrouth en 1983 et dont la maman est libanaise, veut participer à sa manière à l'élan de solidarité envers son pays d'origine, frappé par le drame le 4 août, quand deux explosions ont dévasté la capitale. Il a ainsi annoncé vendredi l'organisation d'un concert au profit des victimes, « I Love Beirut », pour le 19 septembre . Le show sera diffusé en streaming et en direct sur YouTube à travers le monde, depuis son jardin en Toscane (Italie).

A l'occasion de l'ouverture de la billetterie ce lundi 24 août à 10 heures, le chanteur se confie sur ce projet qui lui tient énormément à cœur. Les bénéfices du concert seront reversés aux antennes libanaises de la Croix-Rouge et de Save The Children. En parallèle, un partenariat avec le site GoFundMe permettra de récolter des dons supplémentaires pour ces organisations.

Quelles sont les nouvelles de vos proches au Liban ?

MIKA. Comme tous les Libanais, nous connaissons des personnes dont la vie a été dramatiquement bouleversée. Mes plus proches n'ont pas été blessés. Mais, dans leur entourage, des amis ont été victimes de l'explosion, certains meurtris dans leur chair, d'autres ont connu des dégâts matériels. Et tous me disent que cette catastrophe est un traumatisme qui laissera des séquelles longtemps.

Vous êtes très attaché à vos racines libanaises alors même que vous n'avez vécu au Liban que jusqu'à l'âge d'un an et demi. Comment l'expliquez-vous ?

C'est assez fascinant, en fait. Si vous parlez avec quiconque a des origines libanaises, tout le monde vous dira la même chose : peu importe quel pourcentage de Libanais vous avez en vous, c'est quelque chose qui reste. Afin de s'accrocher à cette part de leur identité, des centaines de milliers de personnes déplacées à cause de la guerre civile la cultivent dans leur vie quotidienne et culturelle au sein de leur foyer. Donc même si je n'y suis resté qu'un an et demi, si vous étiez venu chez nous après, les tapis venaient du Liban, la nourriture aussi, on écoutait les disques de la chanteuse Fairuz dans le salon. C'est comme une mythologie du Liban qui reste vivante grâce à la diaspora, suspendue dans toutes ces petites bulles domestiques à travers le monde. C'est pour ça que quand j'ai vu les images des explosions de Beyrouth, ça m'a profondément choqué, comme beaucoup de gens à travers tellement de générations. Un tel désastre appelle à l'action, à l'engagement.

Vous avez donc décidé d'organiser «I love Beirut». A quoi va ressembler ce concert ?

Ma principale priorité est de faire quelque chose de beau, qui a du sens, avec une vraie intention artistique derrière, et qui va raconter des histoires. A un moment où on devient presque insensible aux statistiques que l'on voit tous les jours aux infos, la responsabilité d'un musicien comme moi est de communiquer des émotions et de susciter de l'empathie. Il ne suffit pas de simplement récolter de l'argent. Je vois « I love Beirut » comme un projet artistique à 360 degrés. Il y a le concert, que je ferai dans mon propre jardin, en extérieur. J'ai aussi sollicité des équipes techniques à travers le monde, des réalisateurs, des photographes. Il y aura différents types de contenus, avec la musique au centre.

Pouvez-vous nous en dire plus sur les invités qui seront présents ?

Ce ne sera pas une succession d'invités, pas un collage de performances sur Zoom (NDLR : un service de visioconférence), mais un show pensé avec un concept, une narration. Ce sera un concert de Mika avec des participations libanaises, françaises, mexicaines, italiennes, américaines, britanniques…

La dernière fois que vous étiez au Liban, c'était il y a quatre ans…

Oui, au Festival international de Baalbek (NDLR : près de la frontière syrienne, sur un site de ruines de monuments romains) et le jour des explosions, c'était justement l'anniversaire de ce concert ! C'est tellement bizarre parce que ce matin-là, quand je regardais Instagram, plein de gens postaient des photos du show. Le soir même, j'étais sur Internet à regarder des photos du Liban dramatiquement différentes.

Quels souvenirs gardez-vous de vos concerts au Liban ?

Un délicieux chaos émotionnel (rires). J'ai joué à différents endroits au Liban, mais Baalbek, c'est très particulier. Quand les gens sont contents, ils jettent des coussins en l'air, formant une vague très belle qui commence au fond et qui se rapproche doucement. Inévitablement, les coussins se retrouvent à un moment sur scène. Une fois, on a dû arrêter le concert pour les dégager et réinstaller le matériel pendant 25 minutes durant lesquelles on a passé de la musique. Les gens se sont mis à danser au milieu de ces ruines romaines, c'était comme une boîte de nuit folle. On a fini par confisquer les coussins qu'on a entreposés dans le temple de Jupiter pour que je puisse continuer. A Baalbek, les gens pleurent, rient, crient, dansent… C'est vraiment un des plus beaux endroits sur Terre pour un concert. Evidemment, j'aurais adoré que « I Love Beirut » puisse se jouer au Liban, mais c'est impossible à ce jour. Donc on va essayer d'être à la hauteur pour que ce soit presque aussi bien.

Dans votre lettre adressée au Liban et à Beyrouth, publiée notamment dans le Journal du Dimanche, vous avez des mots durs à l'encontre du gouvernement libanais…

Ce que je critique, c'est la rhétorique politique. Quand le Premier ministre libanais dit que « les responsables devront rendre des comptes », après un tel désastre, c'est un jeu de miroirs purement politique. Quand des gens perdent la vie – 200 morts, 6000 blessés, 300 000 qui se retrouvent sans toit –, qu'on est au milieu de la pire crise financière et économique que le Liban ait connu, quand les niveaux de pauvreté s'aggravent de plus en plus, ce genre de rhétorique politique c'est exaspérant.

Vous allez jusqu'à dire que, en trente ans, le pays des cèdres est devenu le pays des cendres…

C'est le propre de la guerre. Regardez ce qui s'est passé en Syrie, ce lieu de naissance de tellement de cultures. La guerre s'empare de ce qu'il y a de plus noble et le réduit en cendres, sans aucune discrimination.

Cette dure réalité, vous l'avez côtoyée notamment en 2015, quand vous vous êtes rendu au Liban dans le cadre du Haut-Commissariat des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés…

C'était un voyage très fort, à travers différentes régions du pays et au contact de plein de nationalités et d'histoires. Comme celles de médecins ou d'ingénieurs qui fuyaient la Syrie et qui avaient tout perdu. Puis je me suis retrouvé dans un centre de soutien situé dans un lieu secret à Beyrouth, consacré à l'aide des réfugiés membres de la communauté LGBTQI. Certaines des histoires les plus puissantes que j'ai entendues de ma vie, je les ai entendues là. Ce qui est extraordinaire dans ce genre d'engagement, c'est ce concentré de vie que l'on croise. C'est exactement pour ça que le concert « I Love Beirut » doit raconter des histoires, parce que je connais l'impact émotionnel qu'elles peuvent provoquer.

« I Love Beirut », le 19 septembre sur YouTube à 21 heures (heure française).

Billets à 10 euros sur Ticketmaster en vente à partie du lundi 24 août à 10 heures. Possibilité d'effectuer des dons supplémentaires grâce au site GoFundMe (à ne pas confondre avec la billetterie).

:uk: Google translator

Beirut explosions: for Mika, "such a disaster calls for action"

Deeply affected by the drama that occurred in Beirut, his hometown, the singer opens up about the charity concert he is organizing on September 19.

Above all, don't remain inactive in the face of tragedy. Mika, born in Beirut in 1983 and whose mother is Lebanese, wants to participate in his own way in the outpouring of solidarity with his country of origin, struck by the tragedy on August 4, when two explosions devastated the capital. He announced Friday the organization of a concert for the benefit of the victims, "I Love Beirut" for September 19. The show will be streamed and broadcast live on YouTube across the world, from his garden in Tuscany (Italy).

On the occasion of the opening of the ticket office this Monday, August 24 at 10 am, the singer confides in this project which is very close to his heart. Profits from the concert will be donated to the Lebanese branches of the Red Cross and Save The Children. At the same time, a partnership with the GoFundMe site will make it possible to collect additional donations for these organizations.

What is the news of your relatives in Lebanon?

MIKA. Like all Lebanese, we know people whose lives have been dramatically changed. My relatives were not injured. But, around them, friends were victims of the explosion, some bruised in their flesh, others suffered material damage. And they all tell me that this catastrophe is a trauma that will leave its consequences for a long time.

You are very attached to your Lebanese roots even though you only lived in Lebanon until the age of one and a half. How do you explain it?

It's quite fascinating, actually. If you speak with anyone who is of Lebanese origins, everyone will tell you the same thing: no matter what percentage of Lebanese you have in you, it is something that stays. In order to cling to this part of their identity, hundreds of thousands of people displaced by civil war cultivate it in their daily and cultural life in their homes. So even though I only stayed there for a year and a half, if you had come to our house afterwards, the rugs came from Lebanon, the food also, we listened to the records of the singer Fairuz in the living room. It's like a mythology of Lebanon that remains alive thanks to the diaspora, suspended in all these little domestic bubbles around the world. That's why when I saw the images of the explosions in Beirut, it shocked me deeply, like many people over so many generations. Such a disaster calls for action, for commitment.

So you have decided to organize "I love Beirut". What will this concert look like?

My main priority is to do something beautiful, that makes sense, with real artistic intention behind it, and that will tell stories. At a time when you become almost oblivious to the statistics you see on the news every day, the responsibility of a musician like me is to communicate emotions and create empathy. It is not enough to simply raise money. I see “I love Beirut” as a 360-degree art project. There is the concert, which I will do in my own garden, outdoors. I also called on technical teams around the world, directors, photographers. There will be different types of content, with music at the center.

Can you tell us more about the guests who will be attending?

It will not be a succession of guests, not a collage of performances on Zoom (Editor's note: a videoconference service), but a show thought out with a concept, a narration. It will be a concert by Mika with Lebanese, French, Mexican, Italian, American, British participations ...

The last time you were in Lebanon was four years ago ...

Yes, at the Baalbek International Festival (Editor's note: near the Syrian border, on a site of ruins of Roman monuments) and the day of the explosions, it was precisely the anniversary of this concert! It's so weird because that morning, when I was looking at Instagram, a lot of people were posting pictures from the show. That same evening, I was on the Internet looking at dramatically different photos of Lebanon.

What memories do you keep from your concerts in Lebanon?

Delicious emotional chaos (laughs). I've played in different places in Lebanon, but Baalbek is very special. When people are happy, they throw pillows in the air, forming a very beautiful wave that starts at the bottom and slowly comes closer. Inevitably, the cushions end up on stage at some point. Once, we had to stop the concert to free them and reinstall the equipment for 25 minutes during which we played music. People started dancing in the middle of these Roman ruins, it was like a crazy nightclub. We ended up confiscating the cushions we stored in the temple of Jupiter so that I could continue. In Baalbek, people cry, laugh, scream, dance… It really is one of the most beautiful places on Earth for a concert. Obviously, I would have loved that "I Love Beirut" could be played in Lebanon, but it is impossible to date. So we're going to try to be up to it to make it almost as good.

In your letter addressed to Lebanon and Beirut, published in particular in the Journal du Dimanche, you have harsh words against the Lebanese government ...

What I am criticizing is political rhetoric. When the Lebanese Prime Minister says that "those responsible will be held to account" after such a disaster, it is a purely political mirror game. When people lose their lives - 200 dead, 6,000 injured, 300,000 left homeless - you are in the midst of the worst financial and economic crisis Lebanon has ever known, when poverty levels worsen by more and more, this kind of political rhetoric is infuriating.

You go so far as to say that, in thirty years, the land of cedars has become the land of ashes ...

It is characteristic of war. Look at what happened in Syria, the birthplace of so many cultures. The war seizes what is most noble and reduces it to ashes, without any discrimination.

You experienced this harsh reality, especially in 2015, when you visited Lebanon within the framework of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees ...

It was a very strong journey, through different regions of the country and in contact with many nationalities and histories. Like those of doctors or engineers who were fleeing Syria and who had lost everything. Then I found myself in a support center located in a secret location in Beirut, dedicated to helping refugees who are members of the LGBTQI community. Some of the most powerful stories I've heard in my life, I've heard them there. What is extraordinary about this kind of commitment is this concentration of life that we come across. This is exactly why the “I Love Beirut” concert has to tell stories, because I know the emotional impact they can have.

“I Love Beirut,” September 19 on YouTube at 9 p.m. KST.

Tickets at 10 euros on Ticketmaster on sale from Monday 24 August at 10 a.m. Possibility of making additional donations through the GoFundMe site (not to be confused with the ticket office).

17656992_LeParisien-25Aot2020(No.23633)_p.1..jpg.92419c2e530c9c24dbd544d218803773.jpg

1141795192_LeParisien-25Aot2020(No.23633)_p.1.thumb.jpg.51b5ffc177c02b757a809fde161c00db.jpg

page 28

1796447288_LeParisien-25Aot2020(No.23633)_p_28.thumb.jpg.d0c1eb12625f80f8a224ea9f68c49715.jpg