Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram updates - 2020

Dominika

1 hour ago, koningin said:

I'm a bit worried about that. What happened ? I hope everything is fine with him and his family, especially his mom. 

Maybe they had technical problems with the connection.

• Like 5

I'm worried too. Just went onto Twitter and saw so many people just putting '@/mikasounds ❤'  with no explanation. I realise now that he didn't appear for the online video. I hope everything is ok and like others have said, maybe a connection issue. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, koningin said:

I'm a bit worried about that. What happened ? I hope everything is fine with him and his family, especially his mom. 

That's not like him, he keeps his commitments... :dunno:

• Like 3

20 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm worried too. Just went onto Twitter and saw so many people just putting '@/mikasounds ❤'  with no explanation. I realise now that he didn't appear for the online video. I hope everything is ok and like others have said, maybe a connection issue. 

Yeah same here , but no one knows if there's actually something to worry about... Most of his fans on Twitter are very young and teens have a tendency to overreacting. Nothing wrong with sending with hearts/love though , I find it sweet but once a small group begins coming up with theories , everyone one else will follow them and freak out. Of course I wanna hear from him , I really hope he will post something, anything on SM so we know he's ok but in the meanwhile let's keep calm.. 

• Like 2

I don't believe it's a technical problem, because him or the TV people just could've told us. But maybe he just wants to take a break from media in general, with all the bad news everywhere. I watched some of the Domenica In show, I think it was an interview with someone in Bergamo, and even though I didn't bother to try and understand something of what they said, just the pictures and the tone of people's voice were enough to make me feel sad and worried. Stories on news websites and especially media like Twitter don't really help to make anyone feel better, there's too much negative and sad stuff on there. Might help to avoid all of that for a while.

Let's hope that's all it is and after a few days' break he'll be back with another cooking show. :crossed:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

I don't believe it's a technical problem, because him or the TV people just could've told us. But maybe he just wants to take a break from media in general, with all the bad news everywhere. I watched some of the Domenica In show, I think it was an interview with someone in Bergamo, and even though I didn't bother to try and understand something of what they said, just the pictures and the tone of people's voice were enough to make me feel sad and worried. Stories on news websites and especially media like Twitter don't really help to make anyone feel better, there's too much negative and sad stuff on there. Might help to avoid all of that for a while.

Let's hope that's all it is and after a few days' break he'll be back with another cooking show. :crossed:

I agree, I've been avoiding watching the news too so I get what you mean. Plus I don't mean to act like I know them but Mika is staying with his bf and it's not like they can leave the house unless it's strictly necessary and Andy being a very private person who doesn't want to be on camera, if I were Mika I would just enjoy the time together and take a break from the IG lives and all that. I'm sure he doesn't mind filming those but still they need to do their own thing, plus there's Andy's relatives they may be helping .Am I making any sense? Lol that said , I hope he'll be back soon so we can stop worrying about him.. 

• Like 1

Yeah... hope there’s nothing to worry about 🙏🏻 I’m hoping it’a not something about his mum or something... because as @mellody said they could have told us if it were a technical problem. @Natacha. I follow him on SM for a very little time so I don’t know anything about it but if he takes a break form it, doesn’t he post a little message or something?

1 hour ago, Anaïs_ said:

I follow him on SM for a very little time so I don’t know anything about it but if he takes a break form it, doesn’t he post a little message or something?

No. I suppose most fans wouldn't have been worried if he hadn't spontaneously cancelled that TV show on Sunday. This combination is unusual, from what I remember we always got a reason when he cancelled something. Might not always have been the truth, but at least something. At least saying "sorry, it's cancelled". But not nothing. :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Natacha. said:

Yeah same here , but no one knows if there's actually something to worry about... Most of his fans on Twitter are very young and teens have a tendency to overreacting. Nothing wrong with sending with hearts/love though , I find it sweet but once a small group begins coming up with theories , everyone one else will follow them and freak out. Of course I wanna hear from him , I really hope he will post something, anything on SM so we know he's ok but in the meanwhile let's keep calm.. 

No offense but it's mostly older women too who are spamming with the hearts and who (probably because of some motherly instinct idk) are worrying about him. And it was a 30 -something year old woman who started it all 🤷🏼‍♀️. So it's not a "teen" thing or an age thing at all, more of a general "this fandom always overreacts over the smallest things" thing, i think 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anaïs_ said:

I follow him on SM for a very little time so I don’t know anything about it but if he takes a break form it, doesn’t he post a little message or something?

He definitely does NOT announce when he's taking a break, he can easily disappear for months and then come back after an eternity like "oh hey guys sorry i forgot my password!". That's typical Mika 😆.

I do agree with Melody that the combination this time could make one think that something more is going on this time. I remember for example that he was also supposed to attend the Ferragnez wedding in 2018 and we never really got an explanation as to why he didnt go in the end (at least i think? Could be wrong on this so feel free to correct me). Tracing back the timeline in hindsight makes me think that probably it had to do with his mom. It could be the same this time, that's the only thing i can think of (if we're thinking of bad things, that is). But either way, us worrying is not going to change a thing and all we can do is wait for him to show up again and tell us what happened. He's been very open lately, so i think in any case we'll hear something at some point. 

I also sincerely hope he'll see the hearts as a sweet gesture, and not as some kind of pressure like ohmygod i have to be online or else my fans will be worried, cause i think that's the last thing we should want and the last thing he needs. He's got enough to deal with already, lets not add a few hundred worried people on top of that 😬

Edited by Jaela
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, Jaela said:

No offense but it's mostly older women too who are spamming with the hearts and who (probably because of some motherly instinct idk) are worrying about him. And it was a 30 -something year old woman who started it all 🤷🏼‍♀️. So it's not a "teen" thing or an age thing at all, more of a general "this fandom always overreacts over the smallest things" thing, i think 😅

Yeah I know who started it.  And Mika's fandom has always been 60%  teens and 40% middle aged women since the beginning lol and let's just say , I've seen some s**t... Mika has never been so active on social media like he has been for a couple of years and for that I'm greatful, people are freaking out because we are all pretty stressed out, we have time to overthink stuff. Maybe something did happen but until I know for sure , I'm just assuming he is doing his own thing as always and will come back when he feels like it . 

• Like 4

It must be stressful that thousands of people pressure you to say on social networks if you are right, wrong, what you are doing and where. When he needs to talk to us, he will do it, I'm sure.So I'm not worried. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Jaela said:

He definitely does NOT announce when he's taking a break, he can easily disappear for months and then come back after an eternity like "oh hey guys sorry i forgot my password!". That's typical Mika 😆.

I do agree with Melody that the combination this time could make one think that something more is going on this time. I remember for example that he was also supposed to attend the Ferragnez wedding in 2018 and we never really got an explanation as to why he didnt go in the end (at least i think? Could be wrong on this so feel free to correct me). Tracing back the timeline in hindsight makes me think that probably it had to do with his mom. It could be the same this time, that's the only thing i can think of (if we're thinking of bad things, that is). But either way, us worrying is not going to change a thing and all we can do is wait for him to show up again and tell us what happened. He's been very open lately, so i think in any case we'll hear something at some point. 

I also sincerely hope he'll see the hearts as a sweet gesture, and not as some kind of pressure like ohmygod i have to be online or else my fans will be worried, cause i think that's the last thing we should want and the last thing he needs. He's got enough to deal with already, lets not add a few hundred worried people on top of that 😬

Also I am not complaining about anything lol this whole thing is nothing compared to some extreme insane reactions I've seen from fans in the past. There's nothing to complain about and nothing to worry about right now 👍 Mika's fanbase on Twitter is mostly younger people while in here we still have most of those who have been following him since the beginning although many of them left and we're replaced with mostly young fans who met him through the voice and the Xfactor. I'm 24 (does that make me a boomer? Lol IDK either way that meme is overrated now anyways) and I've been posting on MFC on and off since 2008 , I remember getting so ####ing excited when Mika would post on Twitter but I never really related to his fandom on Twitter , that's just my experience. I'd rather follow him on Instagram. The only downside to MFC is that although it's mostly women (obviously) pretty much everyone around here is straight.

4 minutes ago, silver said:

A lot of 30-something fans were 20-something fans too when they started following Mika. :fisch:

That's why I hate this ageism, it shouldn't matter if you are an younger/older fan, I don't know the age of many fans I follow on Twitter and I don't really care about it either... It's just another thing that splits the fandom like nationality etc. even though it shouldn't. We are all on the same boat, we are fans and that's all that matters to me.

• Like 6

Just now, giraffeandy said:

That's why I hate this ageism, it shouldn't matter if you are an younger/older fan, I don't know the age of many fans I follow on Twitter and I don't really care about it either... It's just another thing that splits the fandom like nationality etc. even though it shouldn't. We are all on the same boat, we are fans and that's all that matters to me.

No one is questioning that. 

51 minutes ago, Natacha. said:

Mika's fanbase on Twitter is mostly younger people while in here we still have most of those who have been following him since the beginning although many of them left and we're replaced with mostly young fans who met him through the voice and the Xfactor. I'm 24 (does that make me a boomer? Lol IDK either way that meme is overrated now anyways) and I've been posting on MFC on and off since 2008 , I remember getting so ####ing excited when Mika would post on Twitter but I never really related to his fandom on Twitter , that's just my experience. I'd rather follow him on Instagram. The only downside to MFC is that although it's mostly women (obviously) pretty much everyone around here is straight.

Ha, im 21! So you're not much older than I am in fact, or maybe those 3 years make a big difference 🤪. It's funny how our experiences are so different, I feel much more at home on Twitter than on Instagram, because thats where I feel all the 12 year olds are! 🤣. The people i know on Twitter, both my friends and nemeses are all in the age range 16-25 so i feel much more comfortable over there. But i guess it all depends on the interactions you have and the little circle of people you vibe with, it all depends on that and it can be on any platform 🤷🏼‍♀️

I do agree with the MFC thing, i sense now is the time for me to do some shameless self promo and promote the LGBT thread i started a while ago, there's a little hub of queer people hanging out, if you want you can take a look 😏🙈 (please do cause it's dying fjdjdjd)

Just now, Jaela said:

Ha, im 21! So you're not much older than I am in fact, or maybe those 3 years make a big difference 🤪. It's funny how our experiences are so different, I feel much more at home on Twitter than on Instagram, because thats where I feel all the 12 year olds are! 🤣. The people i know on Twitter, both my friends and nemeses are all in the age range 16-25 so i feel much more comfortable over there. But i guess it all depends on the interactions you have and the little circle of people you vibe with, it all depends on that and it can be on any platform 🤷🏼‍♀️

I do agree with the MFC thing, i sense now is the time for me to do some shameless self promo and promote the LGBT thread i started a while ago, there's a little hub of queer people hanging out, if you want you can take a look 😏🙈 (please do cause it's dying fjdjdjd)

Yeah i feel like I got over my Twitter phase lmao I used to have like 5 different accounts though personal acc's and fan accounts. Right now I'm only interested on the content , gig's reviews and I follow a few topics but I don't interact with the fandom not do I comment on anything. Instagram is easier and I often found some older photos/videos I totally forgot about , like the other day I found a old picture of him I took at a concert I was at , 10 years ago!!   That made me kinda emotional (and emo)especially because I lost most of those. ♥️ Also in here I can always look back at our old Grey's undies thread and cringeeeee. 😂 I know not everyone in here is straight but I feel like we've always been a very small minority compared to other fandoms. Does that make sense ? 

Edited by Natacha.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Natacha. said:

I know not everyone in here is straight but I feel like we've always been a very small minority compared to other fandoms. Does that make sense ? 

Makes sense and is true. That is also a reason why i prefer my Twitter circle 🙈🙈