Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram updates - 2020

Dominika

20 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Greece suits him fantastic!!  :fangurl:

Yeeesss, he's looking SO good! :swoon: And his eyes are sparkling full of happiness, that's sooo good to see! :fangurl:

• Like 7

18 hours ago, silver said:

Still waiting for the playlist though :fisch:

@silver yes Mika....   soon... :fisch: we wait... and wait.. and wait...

I know this is very unlikely but I wonder if Mika will post something on SM mentioning Andy's birthday. I KNOW he has never done anything like that before and If I were Andy I probably wouldn't like that kind of exposure on SM but still, either way I hope they both have an awesome Sunday / birthday celebration 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

To join the action I don't listen to any music platform today.....

I'll be staying away from Facebook, Instagram and Twitter today. Isn't that what this action is about? I only heard about it thanks to Mika and read a bit through the #BlackoutTuesday hashtag posts.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mellody said:

I'll be staying away from Facebook, Instagram and Twitter today. Isn't that what this action is about? I only heard about it thanks to Mika and read a bit through the #BlackoutTuesday hashtag posts.

Actually it started by two black women - marketing managers from Atlantic Records. And then it spread in different actions.

According to Wikipedia:

Blackout Tuesday is a collective action by elements of the music industry to protest racism and police violence.[1] The action, organized in response to the deaths of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, and Breonna Taylor,[2] is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, June 2, 2020. Businesses taking part are encouraged to abstain from releasing music and other business operations.[3]

The call to action was initiated by music executives Brianna Agyemang and Jamila Thomas, Senior Director of Marketing at Atlantic Records.[4]

Businesses are participating in different manners. Black Americans are asked to not buy or sell on this day to show economic strength and unity. Spotify announced it would be adding a 8-minute and 46-second moment of silence to certain podcasts and playlists for the day.[1]

On Instagram, users participate by refraining from posting other photos than a black square alongside the hashtag #blackouttuesday.[5]

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

On Instagram, users participate by refraining from posting other photos than a black square alongside the hashtag #blackouttuesday

So as for what individual Social Media users can do, this seems to be the central point, from what I understand. Not stay away, but post nothing but this black square today. I'll stay away nevertheless, apart from posting this square and hashtag. I think if many people do that, it's a good sign especially for Facebook (and Instagram, which belongs to FB), because I think Zuckerberg should take position instead of trying to please Trump.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Actually it started by two black women - marketing managers from Atlantic Records. And then it spread in different actions.

According to Wikipedia:

Blackout Tuesday is a collective action by elements of the music industry to protest racism and police violence.[1] The action, organized in response to the deaths of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, and Breonna Taylor,[2] is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, June 2, 2020. Businesses taking part are encouraged to abstain from releasing music and other business operations.[3]

The call to action was initiated by music executives Brianna Agyemang and Jamila Thomas, Senior Director of Marketing at Atlantic Records.[4]

Businesses are participating in different manners. Black Americans are asked to not buy or sell on this day to show economic strength and unity. Spotify announced it would be adding a 8-minute and 46-second moment of silence to certain podcasts and playlists for the day.[1]

On Instagram, users participate by refraining from posting other photos than a black square alongside the hashtag #blackouttuesday.[5]

There are people are saying not to post the black square with the hashtag, because when you search for the tag on social media, the squares may ''hide'' important information about the action

14 minutes ago, BiaIchihara said:

There are people are saying not to post the black square with the hashtag, because when you search for the tag on social media, the squares may ''hide'' important information about the action

It's about the hashtag #BlackLifeMatter not to be used - they ask not to use it for #BlackoutTuesday action.

Mika posted first his black square with #BlackLifeMatter. 

And he removed it quickly replacing by the hashtag #BlackoutTuesday.

Social Medias want to use #BlackLifeMatter hashtag for tracking posts concerning racist and police violence acts. 

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It's about the hashtag #BlackLifeMatter not to be used - they ask not to use it for #BlackoutTuesday action.

Mika posted first his black square with #BlackLifeMatter. 

And he removed it quickly replacing by the hashtag #BlackoutTuesday.

Social Medias want to use #BlackLifeMatter hashtag for tracking posts concerning racist and police violence acts. 

Got it, thanks for explaining

• Like 1

Guys. I'm getting really concerned about Mika being criticised on Twitter... I'll write again what I wrote on my latest Instagram post

I'm getting really pissed off about Mika being criticised on Twitter about his reaction on George Floyd. Seriously, the people who do that have to mind their own business! I don't know if they're blind or something, but Mika POSTED to show his support, he didn't do NOTHING like some celebrities! Mika has a golden soul, and it's not because he didn't put links to petitions or donations that he isn't affected about these horrible things. I'd like to make you remember that he supports many causes, for exemple cancer, homophobia, refugees... So please, think a lot about what you'll say before writing things that are not that nice. 

---------

I'm just really, really annoyed! Some people forgot that it's only social media, it's not real life. They forgot that between posts there's a human soul that feel a lot more than he expresses in his writing. On Instagram, lots of fans are starting to defend him in stories, posts. Idk if you agree with me, but the world is turning sh*t right now:sad:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Londonmikafan said:

Guys. I'm getting really concerned about Mika being criticised on Twitter... I'll write again what I wrote on my latest Instagram post

I'm getting really pissed off about Mika being criticised on Twitter about his reaction on George Floyd. Seriously, the people who do that have to mind their own business! I don't know if they're blind or something, but Mika POSTED to show his support, he didn't do NOTHING like some celebrities! Mika has a golden soul, and it's not because he didn't put links to petitions or donations that he isn't affected about these horrible things. I'd like to make you remember that he supports many causes, for exemple cancer, homophobia, refugees... So please, think a lot about what you'll say before writing things that are not that nice. 

---------

I'm just really, really annoyed! Some people forgot that it's only social media, it's not real life. They forgot that between posts there's a human soul that feel a lot more than he expresses in his writing. On Instagram, lots of fans are starting to defend him in stories, posts. Idk if you agree with me, but the world is turning sh*t right now:sad:

This is the problem with social medias. People think they can say anything they want and criticize without any limits. They stay anonymus so who cares.

I hope Mika does not read it.

I wonder what they - who have so much to say - did in real life except writing a few words for free?

But on the other hand I know there will be always people thinking they know better and they are always right.

God save me from meeting them in real life.

• Like 5