Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram updates - 2020

Dominika

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

@maggie112 For South America there's the project with Danna Paola, but not sure that's possible yet. Travels outside the EU are still very restricted, and South America is hit hard by the virus. I don't remember hearing him talk about Asia, apart from his cancelled tour there - he said something about Lebanon, wanted to make an EP, maybe a collaboration with a Lebanese artist? But same for that, I don't think he can make plans for anything outside of the EU yet.

There's still the documentary, he said he was working on that. And who knows, maybe when he said he started writing again in quarantine, he meant his book? :teehee: Ok I won't hold my breath for that, but it's an option, apparently he didn't mean writing songs, when he says he doesn't sing and doesn't have a piano there.

Hopefully his neighbour finally allowed him to play the piano! I wonder if he’s like “yay, it’s Mika” or “ugh, it’s Mika” 🙈

But yeah, maybe he just took the break to focus on other things... we’ll know more very soon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Hopefully his neighbour finally allowed him to play the piano! I wonder if he’s like “yay, it’s Mika” or “ugh, it’s Mika” 🙈

Probably more like "Who is Mika?" :aah:

But it seems Mika gave up on wanting to play his neighbour's piano, in the last interview (and in his IG post) he said he's listening to a lot of music now, instead of making music. That's also important for a musician, might be an inspiration for his own work. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, mellody said:

Probably more like "Who is Mika?" :aah:

But it seems Mika gave up on wanting to play his neighbour's piano, in the last interview (and in his IG post) he said he's listening to a lot of music now, instead of making music. That's also important for a musician, might be an inspiration for his own work. :)

I also think that if he really wanted, he could have got at least a keyboard, so, if he didn’t, it was his choice 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 4

On the Xfactor website they introduce the judges, and there's also a little quote from Mika: https://xfactor.sky.it/2020/06/9/x-factor-2020-giudici-video/

«Torno a X Factor con una forte motivazione e una missione che mi hanno convinto ad accettare questa sfida. La mia risposta alla crisi sociale che i recenti eventi hanno portato è quella di partecipare, di condividere e quello che so fare da artista e entertainer è appunto di intrattenere, fare sognare la gente. X Factor quest’anno sarà una nuova, grande occasione per avvicinarci, per sognare insieme e io rispondo a questa chiamata: ci sono!»

Google translate :uk:

Spoiler

«I return to X Factor with a strong motivation and a mission that convinced me to accept this challenge. My answer to the social crisis that recent events have brought is to participate, to share and what I know how to do as an artist and entertainer is precisely to entertain, make people dream. X Factor this year will be a new, great opportunity to get closer, to dream together and I answer this call: there are! "

• Like 2

Hi, I know it's not Mika's account, but it gives us a clue of where is Mika. Apparently, he was in the West of France, in this restaurant called Jardin des Plumes not very far from Paris! This photo is from this week, but yeah I think it was a good idea too put it here😁 So he surely is in Paris

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Londonmikafan said:

Hi, I know it's not Mika's account, but it gives us a clue of where is Mika. Apparently, he was in the West of France, in this restaurant called Jardin des Plumes not very far from Paris! This photo is from this week, but yeah I think it was a good idea too put it here😁 So he surely is in Paris

Ah, so obviously it's not true that the French borders only open on June 15! 😅 Thanks for finding this, it's good to know where he is. :wub2:

Jardin des Plumes? Does that mean garden of feathers? Sounds like a place I'd like! :teehee: #fluff

@TinyLove_CJ Lol, I'd love to see Mika feat. Remy - they're making all those life-action versions of Disney cartoon movies now - how about Mika as Linguini? :mikadas::biggrin2:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mellody said:

Ah, so obviously it's not true that the French borders only open on June 15! 😅 Thanks for finding this, it's good to know where he is. :wub2:

Jardin des Plumes? Does that mean garden of feathers? Sounds like a place I'd like! :teehee: #fluff

@TinyLove_CJ Lol, I'd love to see Mika feat. Remy - they're making all those life-action versions of Disney cartoon movies now - how about Mika as Linguini? :mikadas::biggrin2:

My pleasure!:thumb_yello:Actually it's a fan in an Instagram fan group who found it.  And no it's not true that French borders only open on June 15 because my dad is going to France quite regularly to check up on my grandpa (who has a cancer), and I know other people who go there too (only for important purposes though. I guess Mika's one was to visit his mum).

My god, a duo with Mika and Remy will be hilarious :lmfao:! A song about olives and prunes:biggrin2:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, mellody said:

I totally misread that as Jardin de Prunes... prunes have become way too sexy for me 🙈

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, mellody said:

how about Mika as Linguini? :mikadas::biggrin2:

I can totally see Mika as Linguini! Especially in a live action film, his dogs could be in it too! 

The restaurant translates as The Feathered Garden.... 

....I'm getting Dr.John vibes, magic chickens anyone? 😁

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I totally misread that as Jardin de Prunes... prunes have become way too sexy for me 🙈

I also mixed it up at first... because of "plums". Already wanted to write "that surely is a sexy restaurant!" :lmfao:  Luckily I checked the translation of plumes before posting, and saw it means feathers. :teehee:

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, mellody said:

I also mixed it up at first... because of "plums". Already wanted to write "that surely is a sexy restaurant!" :lmfao:  Luckily I checked the translation of plumes before posting, and saw it means feathers. :teehee:

Look at us, only prunes on our minds! We’re such a naughty bunch 😆

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

Prunes are the new chicken. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

Haha! Although I’d much rather be the chicken than the prune 🤪

ANYWAY 😅

Good to see that he is/was in France. Wonder if it was only to visit family/friends or maybe talk about participating again as a coach in The Voice France? 🤔

24 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Good to see that he is/was in France. Wonder if it was only to visit family/friends or maybe talk about participating again as a coach in The Voice France? 🤔

The Voice will only start in fall though, and end in May/June, iirc? Dunno if he wants to plan that far ahead, at least there's still hope that gigs might be possible again next year. But I heard that The Voice this year doesn't go well without him, so I could imagine they'd be happy if he returned. Who knows, the Voice or something else, maybe he did get some sort of offer in France as well? Would be nice to see more of him, in whatever way.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, mellody said:

The Voice will only start in fall though, and end in May/June, iirc? Dunno if he wants to plan that far ahead, at least there's still hope that gigs might be possible again next year. But I heard that The Voice this year doesn't go well without him, so I could imagine they'd be happy if he returned. Who knows, the Voice or something else, maybe he did get some sort of offer in France as well? Would be nice to see more of him, in whatever way.

Or Mika is preparing new outfits for X Factor with Pierpaolo :yikes: :lol3:

Oops, I don't know if Pierpaolo can come to Paris!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska