Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram updates - 2020

Dominika

1 minute ago, Mikasister said:

I was hoping two songs in english 😥

When he mentioned "two of the new songs" in yesterday's post, his EP project he mentioned earlier this year crossed my mind for a while but even then I thought that would be too good to be true... But I was hoping for at least one song in English too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, giraffeandy said:

When he mentioned "two of the new songs" in yesterday's post, his EP project he mentioned earlier this year crossed my mind for a while but even then I thought that would be too good to be true... But I was hoping for at least one song in English too. 

Maybe the EP will come out later like the spanish song. 

Just now, Mikasister said:

Maybe the EP will come out later like the spanish song. 

Tbh, I'm not even sure if he has already started working on that EP or if it was just an idea he had for the future... Maybe the EP will be the new book (but hopefully not). :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Maybe the EP will be the new book (but hopefully not). :teehee:

What if he does something like Songs for Sorrow again? 😮

Probably getting my hopes up too much though 😄

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

What if he does something like Songs for Sorrow again? 😮

Probably getting my hopes up too much though 😄

Yes. When he talked about and EP I was expecting something like SFS but it seems that isn't in his plans by now.  :emot-sad:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I have to say that now I'm slightly disappointed after yesterday's heart attack announcement

Me too, especially because one it's a cover and not his song, and I don't like the original song at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

Me too actually (different year though)... :teehee:

I have to say that now I'm slightly disappointed after yesterday's heart attack announcement as I was hoping for at least one song in a language I can understand, I was even looking forward to the Spanish one but now I don't know what to expect, I don't even know the other artists properly... :sad: But maybe I will be surprised at midnight. 

And yeah, I'm disappointed too. When he said surprises I couldnt imagine XF,  an italian single and a song in french. What's the next surprise? The voice again?  :sad:

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, krysady said:

Me too, especially because one it's a cover and not his song, and I don't like the original song at all.

Same, when he wrote "my new songs", I also didn't expect a cover... I feel very bad now for complaining but I guess I'm just thirsty for new Mika content after all the disappointments in the last months due to the pandemic. And unfortunately, most of his current projects aren't doing it for me. However, there's still the benefit gig. 

• Like 1

I can imagine a cover in Mika‘s interpretation can be much much nicer. I remember a clip when a candidate of X Factor was very unhappy with Mika‘s song choice for his performance, but as soon as he heard it and in the end performed, he said he did love it: Mika made it work for him. I’m sure he will make this song work for him and Michele!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I can imagine a cover in Mika‘s interpretation can be much much nicer. I remember a clip when a candidate of X Factor was very unhappy with Mika‘s song choice for his performance, but as soon as he heard it and in the end performed, he said he did love it: Mika made it work for him. I’m sure he will make this song work for him and Michele!

Wasn't it Michele? I remember once he didn't like a song. I will try to find it on youtube.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska

So... one of the new things we can do since our latest software upgrade is embed a Twitter account in a thread.

I thought this thread would be a good place for Mika's Twitter account -- what do you all think? Too intrusive? Or helpful? It's easy enough to remove if you don't like it!

I was disappointed about the cover, I neither like the original nor the snippet from Mika's story. But I did expect a song in French - why else would he premiere it on a Canadian TV show? The artwork looks really intriguing and I love it that this song was written by Mika. Can't wait to hear it, also the lyrics... I think some of his French lyrics are the most interesting and most honest ones, even though (or maybe because) Doriand has penned them. 

And the good thing about none of these 2 songs being the Danna Paola collab is that we can still look forward to that one! :biggrin2:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

So... one of the new things we can do since our latest software upgrade is embed a Twitter account in a thread.

I thought this thread would be a good place for Mika's Twitter account -- what do you all think? Too intrusive? Or helpful? It's easy enough to remove if you don't like it!

It would be a good feature if Mika tweeted regularly, but if the text doesn't change for weeks then I can see that people might get annoyed by it.  It might be OK if it was smaller :dunno:  On a phone, won't it take up too much of the screen?

EDIT:  also it appears in all threads, not just this one

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, silver said:

It would be a good feature if Mika tweeted regularly, but if the text doesn't change for weeks then I can see that people might get annoyed by it.  It might be OK if it was smaller :dunno:  On a phone, won't it take up too much of the screen?

EDIT:  also it appears in all threads, not just this one

Yes, I see that now -- I thought it would just appear in one thread, not sure where I control that, or where I can control the size.

I've moved it from the top to the sidebar for now, perhaps that is better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, I see that now -- I thought it would just appear in one thread, not sure where I control that, or where I can control the size.

I've moved it from the top to the sidebar for now, perhaps that is better.

:thumb_yello:

18 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes, it was Luca. He had seval "bad moments" with Mika.And he almost won the X Factor if I remember!

It was the season when Mika didn't have any contestant for semifinal and final, Luca have been eliminated the week before the semifinal, if I remember well.

• Like 2