Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram updates - 2020

Dominika

On 8/31/2020 at 1:36 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Completely by chance I stumbled on this video from Mikasounds vlog where we can see Mika and Imogen during their work on "By The Time". It starts about 3rd minute :thumb_yello:

https://vk.com/videos232312753?section=album_6&z=video232312753_456240101%2Fpl_232312753_6

@Anna Ko Kolkowska

The VK-url doesn't work for me... :no:

On 8/27/2020 at 11:20 PM, Kumazzz said:

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/mikainstagram/following/

Mika starts following cutest.pigs

You know Mika born in The Year Of The Pig.🐽

76913709_454399578608508_553929856379781

and then

mikainstagram starts following Fedez and Soprano.

mikainstagram/following/

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Starlight said:

Well as I thought that he didn't want to do these kind of shows again, it's rather surprising he came back to all this... but on the other hand I can also understand it somehow due to the current situation.

Yes, I'm sure he'd prefer to make music and go on tour. But that's just not possible right now... or let's say, it's a lot more difficult to earn money with that than with doing talent shows. Already in normal times, and much more in Corona times. And he's also releasing songs, even doing shows - one performance at a festival, one show on his own via live streaming. I'm sure as soon as the pandemic situation allows it, he'll be back to touring. But I can't blame him for taking the alternatives he can get, as long as the situation is so unsure. Who knows, if the livestream gig goes well, he might do more of these? :crossed:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

Here we go again... 

1 hour ago, Starlight said:

Well as I thought that he didn't want to do these kind of shows again, it's rather surprising he came back to all this... but on the other hand I can also understand it somehow due to the current situation.

52 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes, I'm sure he'd prefer to make music and go on tour. But that's just not possible right now... or let's say, it's a lot more difficult to earn money with that than with doing talent shows. Already in normal times, and much more in Corona times. And he's also releasing songs, even doing shows - one performance at a festival, one show on his own via live streaming. I'm sure as soon as the pandemic situation allows it, he'll be back to touring. But I can't blame him for taking the alternatives he can get, as long as the situation is so unsure. Who knows, if the livestream gig goes well, he might do more of these? :crossed:

It looks like this time it will be a special Show to celebrate 10 seasons of The Voice which will be broadcasted just after the 10 season. 

So I am not sure if they think do make a full edition with "old judges". 

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It looks like this time it will be a special Show to celebrate 10 seasons of The Voice which will be broadcasted just after the 10 season. 

So I am not sure if they think do make a full edition with "old judges". 

Would love for them to perform on an anniversary show (if that is what’s happening). I enjoyed their performances so much on the Voice (YouTube is amazing for replay!). Zazie‘s voice is insane!! 

If they are going to do a full edition, I must say I don’t blame him. I’m sure his fans in France will be estatic for him to return to the show (who wouldn’t want to see Mika every week?!) and it keeps him moving. The last thing anyone needs is a depressed Mika on the couch who only eats order in cheesecake and hums his songs in defeat, whilst flipping through channels.  (If the thought of such an image isn’t depressing enough!!)

Edited by holdingyourdrink
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

who only eats order in cheesecake

Fried things. He said at the IG live in March that he likes to eat fried food when he's sad. :naughty:

I also understood the French article the way that it's just one anniversary show, but it seems even the French speakers are unsure about it, so I suppose it just doesn't get clear from the article. :dunno: I guess we'll see, sooner or later or Mikasoon. :mf_rosetinted:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I also understood the French article the way that it's just one anniversary show

They say "une saison" that means one season, not just one show, at least this is what I understand  :dunno:... and it will be broadcast after the season 10 in the second semester of the 2021. But I'm sure we'll get more info soon.

• Like 2

So, what do you all think the exciting announcements will be? Every other day, if we think Monday to Friday and starting Tuesday, it'd be at least 2 during the working days, but could also be 3 or 4, weekend included...

As the rest of the post is about the I ❤ Beirut gig, I suppose the announcements will be connected to this? :dunno: I think one will be about the Danna Paola collaboration. Apart from that, I can imagine that he'll announce more of the guests in advance. Also the videoclip for Le Cœur Holiday is still missing, maybe there'll be a connection to the gig, as the Animation studio who did the video is in Florence?

Besides that, idk, maybe he has other ideas to raise money for Beirut? I'd love him to do something like Imogen Heap is doing to raise money for her project, she's offering video messages and even individual live video chats for fans who pay for it. I know he'd never sell M&G tickets for gigs, where you pay 200€ extra to get a quick pic & autograph, and I love it that he doesn't, because this would turn him into a mass product, exchangeable and the same for everyone who pays for it. I read an interview with Imogen yesterday (this one: https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/music-theatre/2020/09/imogen-heap-i-m-so-frustrated-music-industry ) where she says that these videochats are very individual and very inspiring to her, and doing this made her reconnect with her fanbase. I don't know if Mika wants to do this, but if he gets some tips from Imogen and does it well, I can imagine it could be an amazing thing both for him and us. :wub2:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

So, what do you all think the exciting announcements will be? Every other day, if we think Monday to Friday and starting Tuesday, it'd be at least 2 during the working days, but could also be 3 or 4, weekend included...

As the rest of the post is about the I ❤ Beirut gig, I suppose the announcements will be connected to this? :dunno: I think one will be about the Danna Paola collaboration. Apart from that, I can imagine that he'll announce more of the guests in advance. Also the videoclip for Le Cœur Holiday is still missing, maybe there'll be a connection to the gig, as the Animation studio who did the video is in Florence?

Besides that, idk, maybe he has other ideas to raise money for Beirut? I'd love him to do something like Imogen Heap is doing to raise money for her project, she's offering video messages and even individual live video chats for fans who pay for it. I know he'd never sell M&G tickets for gigs, where you pay 200€ extra to get a quick pic & autograph, and I love it that he doesn't, because this would turn him into a mass product, exchangeable and the same for everyone who pays for it. I read an interview with Imogen yesterday (this one: https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/music-theatre/2020/09/imogen-heap-i-m-so-frustrated-music-industry ) where she says that these videochats are very individual and very inspiring to her, and doing this made her reconnect with her fanbase. I don't know if Mika wants to do this, but if he gets some tips from Imogen and does it well, I can imagine it could be an amazing thing both for him and us. :wub2:

The Voice special season :mf_rosetinted:

• Like 3

Just now, Mikasister said:

The Voice special season :mf_rosetinted:

that's not related to the streaming gig at all though. But sure, could be, it's just an assumption that the announcements are related to it. I know some of the French fans were sad that he did Xfactor IT but not The Voice FR this year, so they surely would be thrilled.

1 hour ago, mellody said:

that's not related to the streaming gig at all though. But sure, could be, it's just an assumption that the announcements are related to it. I know some of the French fans were sad that he did Xfactor IT but not The Voice FR this year, so they surely would be thrilled.

I think that if he makes announcements just before the concert, they will be mostly about the concert. And for the voice, that would be good news, but if things get better, he'll certainly resume his international tour before planning anything else. At least, that's what I imagine. But, Alba, I wish you were right and that we would see him again one day at the voice.

• Like 4