Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram updates - 2020

Dominika

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Are those good or bad goggly eyes? 😅

edit: just figured out Mika is a huge Rufus Wainwright fan! Well than they are awesome goggly eyes! 

Those are "Wow - another great singer - how lucky we are" eyes :naughty:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Here is the whole story.

Mika, Melachi, Amira, Danna Paola, Lucrezia (Danna's dog)

Mika ia wrong, he doesnt speak spanish with a French accent but with an italian accent. He speaks "spaliano" :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Starlight said:

For the reason you already said I would think that the others will be there via stream.

I agree. Maybe his Italian guest/s will be there live, and maybe Tim, then he could do a full acoustic set with Tim on guitar and Max on bass and backing vocals. But I suppose he'll be careful not to get too many people there from outside, because if someone brings Corona with them, he might have to cancel the gig. That's the worst case so I think he would reduce the risk for that as much as possible.

• Like 3

On 9/11/2020 at 1:42 PM, Mikasister said:

This is heaven. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the announcement. I had the impression that Mika doesn't like to come face to face with his childhood heroes (Didn't he mention somewhere that meeting your idols in real life can be dangerous?).

I noticed there isn't much of a Rufus Wainwright following amongst MFCers, which is actually surprising to me. In my mind, Mika and Rufus – while being very different in their music styles and all that – represent the same qualities and values, for which I adore them both: enormous heart and compassion, multilingualism, combination of seriousness and silliness, operatic influences, and deliciously naughty sense of humour. Most importantly, they both went against the tide and forced their own way through the atrocious music industry.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ally Kate said:

This is heaven. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the announcement. I had the impression that Mika doesn't like to come face to face with his childhood heroes (Didn't he mention somewhere that meeting your idols in real life can be dangerous?).

I noticed there isn't much of a Rufus Wainwright following amongst MFCers, which is actually surprising to me. In my mind, Mika and Rufus – while being very different in their music styles and all that – represent the same qualities and values, for which I adore them both: enormous heart and compassion, multilingualism, combination of seriousness and silliness, operatic influences, and deliciously naughty sense of humour. Most importantly, they both went against the tide and forced their own way through the atrocious music industry.

Well. Someone dedicated a thread to Rufus. Check it out! :wink2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ally Kate said:

I don't know about his story and values, I'm sure he's a great person - but as for me, his singing voice & music style just don't appeal to me in a way that would get me hooked and interested in getting to know more about him. I know he does have some fans among MFCers though, for example @dcdeb and @tiibet. ;)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mellody said:

I don't know about his story and values, I'm sure he's a great person - but as for me, his singing voice & music style just don't appeal to me in a way that would get me hooked and interested in getting to know more about him. I know he does have some fans among MFCers though, for example @dcdeb and @tiibet. ;)

It took me YEARS to finally be able to listen to his music... until I went to see him live at the opening of Monteal Jazz Festival a few years ago 😂 before that, I knew who he was because my mom was a huge fan and his mom and thought he was an interesting human being 😉

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Well. Someone dedicated a thread to Rufus. Check it out! :wink2:

Also @HollyD is a huge Mika and Rufus fan but she isn't much online anymore. However she was thrilled when I told her :wub2: @Ally Kate

Edited by crazyaboutmika