CANCELLED: 2020 Canada : Mika @ Meridian Hall, Toronto, ON - 13 May

Kumazzz

16 minutes ago, NancylovesM said:

I just noticed a few tickets are already up for resale.  Mine have a "delayed delivery" for some reason. Not sure why.  Anyone else have this delayed delivery as well?

@NancylovesM 

Yes, I believe it said right on the Ticketsmaster's page that delivery is some time in early May.

I prefer etickets - I just got two for Seattle and they are already in my smartphone :). Will be putting one on the "extra ticket" thread shortly, as I only need one. I upgraded to the table but they did upgrades only if you bought two or four tickets. 

On 1/20/2020 at 10:37 AM, NancylovesM said:

My seats are close to yours, so I'll see you there! 😃

@NancylovesM

I look forward to that!

Yesterday I almost decided not to travel to Toronto because the US cities were announced, and Seattle is MUCH closer to me, but all venues relatively nearby are standing/general admission only, and since I have to bring two kids with me, a standing venue is not an option.

On 1/15/2020 at 7:31 PM, NancylovesM said:

I'm also bummed out that it's a seated show.  How is he going to come into the audience and dance with us during Big Girl??? 🤷‍♀️

@NancylovesM

Not to worry! Unless they have very strict policies (not sure how they will enforce them ... ), everyone will just stand up and dance around their seats. This was my experience in LA in September. It was a seated gig, but after the first song everyone got up and never sat down :). 

31 minutes ago, NancylovesM said:

I just noticed a few tickets are already up for resale. 

@NancylovesM

I am curious if they were originally $177??  I would have considered buying them had I not already gotten my tickets ... Not sure if it's better to be four rows further but in the center or four rows closer but on the side ... but because it's Raw A, I hope there's an aisle and will be more space  :).

Their viewing map is a joke - I doubt it shows accurate views from the seats. There should be 9 rows in front of us according to the map, but according to the view there are like 15 so something :). 

1 hour ago, nvk said:

@NancylovesM 

Yes, I believe it said right on the Ticketsmaster's page that delivery is some time in early May.

I prefer etickets - I just got two for Seattle and they are already in my smartphone :). Will be putting one on the "extra ticket" thread shortly, as I only need one. I upgraded to the table but they did upgrades only if you bought two or four tickets. 

I thought I chose etickets, so I'm confused about the delayed delivery thing.  Maybe I chose real tickets without realizing it 🤷‍♀️. I guess I'll wait and see.  It was a crazy whirlwind ticket buying experience so who knows what went on.  

I haven't run into that before on a Ticketmaster site, but then again, I can't even remember the last tickets I bought except for Mika. I'm still on a high from the concerts in September. Trying to decide which, if any, besides Denver, I'll go to I really like the energy in Montreal. Off the charts. Plus, fell in love with Montreal again. 

Thanks for the reply, Christine. 

• Like 1

@sarac I was in Montreal in September too! It was truly an amazing experience.  He danced right next to me during Big Girl.  I still remember what the material of his red suit felt like since he bumped into me a couple times.  Ha ha.  I can't imagine any other show living up to that one, but I just feel so lucky that I get to see him again so soon 😍.

• Like 2

On 1/22/2020 at 10:35 PM, NancylovesM said:

@sarac I was in Montreal in September too! It was truly an amazing experience.  He danced right next to me during Big Girl.  I still remember what the material of his red suit felt like since he bumped into me a couple times.  Ha ha.  I can't imagine any other show living up to that one, but I just feel so lucky that I get to see him again so soon 😍.

OMG!!!! I’m so jealous!!! The good kind!!! I would have fainted lmao! 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 11:43 PM, wiredbycoffee said:

OMG!!!! I’m so jealous!!! The good kind!!! I would have fainted lmao! 

Someone posted a video of it, and I can see myself, and I have this hilarious deer caught in the headlights, glazed over, star struck smile on my face.  I wasn't even singing along.  I know every word to that song, obviously, but I was just staring at him in awe.  😍😳

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, NancylovesM said:

Someone posted a video of it, and I can see myself, and I have this hilarious deer caught in the headlights, glazed over, star struck smile on my face.  I wasn't even singing along.  I know every word to that song, obviously, but I was just staring at him in awe.  😍😳

OMG LOL!!! Omg that is so amazing!!! I would have to! Lmao!!

• Haha 1

On 1/22/2020 at 10:59 PM, NancylovesM said:

I thought I chose etickets, so I'm confused about the delayed delivery thing.  Maybe I chose real tickets without realizing it 🤷‍♀️. I guess I'll wait and see.  It was a crazy whirlwind ticket buying experience so who knows what went on.  

I think it's because of the presale. Probably trying to curb people reselling tickets bought in the fan presale.

On 1/30/2020 at 1:29 PM, Christine said:

I think it's because of the presale. Probably trying to curb people reselling tickets bought in the fan presale.

@Christine

Not sure how it would help to "curb" those people, but you could be right  and it might help somehow. 

I actually find it a bit upsetting that some fans would buy tickets during the presale just to put them up for sale at a higher price right away ... It's interesting to look at those blocks of 4 "official resale" tickets available right now at the Meridian - someone is selling a block of 4 seats at $247/seat in Row K, when originally they were - what? 60? 70? 80 max?- , and there are even two "official resale" seats right in the center in Row JJ which go cheaper, at $245. Don't want to be judgmental or something, but it is amazing how greedy some people are. Why take advantage of the fellow fans??

Woops late to the party 💔 But I'm super excited he's gonna be in my city!! 

Wondering if anyone else was planning to go by themselves and wants a new friend? ;) 

I'm also contemplating whether to just suck it up and buy one of the remaining seats or wait and see if a closer seat opens up at a reasonable price... 

What y'all think? XD

• Like 1

Ask @Sivan;) I believe she scored the front row seat right before the show in LA ... ;) Not sure how much it cost her :).

I plan to come as a group of 4 but feel free to connect  - always happy to meet new people :).

Toronto used to be my city (lived there for 4 years). I now look forward to the opportunity to visit it again. 

• Like 1

I will be going with the hubby who I think secretly loves Mika, but won't necessarily admit it.  He's a good sport about it though.  He really enjoyed the Montreal show in September.

I'm worried the show won't sell well?  It's not that big of a theatre and there's so may seats left. God forbid he gets some promotion around here!! 

I hate ticketmaster and don't trust them, so I don't have any constructive advice @mairbear.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NancylovesM said:

I will be going with the hubby who I think secretly loves Mika, but won't necessarily admit it.  He's a good sport about it though.  He really enjoyed the Montreal show in September.

I'm worried the show won't sell well?  It's not that big of a theatre and there's so may seats left. God forbid he gets some promotion around here!! 

I hate ticketmaster and don't trust them, so I don't have any constructive advice @mairbear.  

Same!! There's actually quite a few seats left... about half actually. It'll be heartbreaking if he's performing in a half empty theatre but we'll have to just bring twice the energy 😤

It's just too bad that everything central and within a reasonable distance is sold out... *sigh* 

@Sivan How'd you manage to get such great seats right before the show? Please share xD 

Don't get me started on ticketmaster. It's basically a scalping site now lol. "Official Platinum" pffft

56 minutes ago, mairbear said:

Same!! There's actually quite a few seats left... about half actually. It'll be heartbreaking if he's performing in a half empty theatre but we'll have to just bring twice the energy 😤

It's just too bad that everything central and within a reasonable distance is sold out... *sigh* 

@Sivan How'd you manage to get such great seats right before the show? Please share xD 

Don't get me started on ticketmaster. It's basically a scalping site now lol. "Official Platinum" pffft

LOL! I actually paid only like 45$ for that front row. It suddenly popped up! I kept checking and actually @Charlotte Christy Sluder saw it and told me about it! Pure luck! 

Edited by Sivan

On 2/3/2020 at 8:17 PM, mairbear said:

Woops late to the party 💔 But I'm super excited he's gonna be in my city!! 

Wondering if anyone else was planning to go by themselves and wants a new friend? ;) 

I'm also contemplating whether to just suck it up and buy one of the remaining seats or wait and see if a closer seat opens up at a reasonable price... 

What y'all think? XD

I got caught in the chaos of the whole ticket frenzy when presale opened up. I actually scored some pretty good seats on Stubhub weeks later and I am hoping to not get screwed over last minute because they cost a pretty penny. Long story short, I have four tickets up, two which were pretty decent seats. I have some issues with the transferring of the tickets, but if I am able to fix it, I will put them up on the extra tickets thread. I do not intend on scalping anyone and will sell them at the price I paid for. Keep your eyes open! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 6:29 PM, NancylovesM said:

I just had a look and all of a sudden out of no where there are new Official Platinum tickets available! $395 - $650 per ticket!!! 😲 Ticketmaster is playing games.  😡

@NancylovesM

For that much money you can get two front row tickets, not one, plus a hotel room and dinner for two in San Diego ... The San Diego deal now sounds like a bargain :)