FAN ACTIONS: GUIDELINES

dcdeb

As some of you might be aware, there were some issues with the fan actions at Mika's recent Paris show.

The promoter, Alias Production, contacted us just before the gig started to let us know they had heard about the proposed fan actions and they felt the large amount of paper involved would possibly create too much of a mess, causing the venue to charge an additional cleaning fee, which in turn would be passed on to Mika Fan Club -- whether MFC had organized the fan action or not. Security therefore confiscated a lot of the paper that fans were trying to bring in.

Mika Fan Club does not have a budget, and I don't think any of us want to have to pay for cleaning up a concert venue!

I know that many of you are in the midst of planning a variety of fan actions for Mika's upcoming shows, and that many of them involve "props" or items that could cause litter and other potential problems at the venues. So we have talked to the people at Alias, as they are the promoter at most of the upcoming French shows, asking what sort of guidelines they would like any large-scale fan actions to follow. Obviously these are recommendations from Alias, but they are probably good guidelines that any fan action, large or small, should follow.

Fan Action Guidelines:

• Keep in mind that each venue has its own rules and regulations. Everyone and everything that enters the venue must respect security and safety guidelines, including fire safety regulations.
  • The action should be organized by a serious and respectful group of people with a defined leader.
  • Contact the promoter in advance and explain your idea and project with as much detail as possible. For big shows like Zeniths and Arenas shows, it’s best to reach out at least 4 weeks before the event. The earlier, the better. Having the request come from the legitimate fan club is usually the best option.
  • The promoter will let you know if the project seems realistic and may ask you additional questions depending on your projects: for example, a full technical notice for anything with a lighting source, and paper must respect some fire safety concerns.
  • You remain responsible for the project, financially and logistically.
  • If the project requires some setting up before doors open, keep in mind that you will not usually be able to enter the venue early. If you are let in early, this is not an opportunity for a backstage tour or meeting Mika and the band! It would be strictly for the needs of the project.
  • Some smaller fan actions may not require promoter approval if they don’t require any additional objects, items or logistics. However it’s best to check in beforehand just in case.

Remember that even though the fan actions are fun and can really enhance the show experience, the priority remains the show itself. The promoters are happy to help with anything that comes from outside, as long as it does not disturb the setting up of the show and therefore the end result that everyone is waiting for.

So, what does this all mean? Well, we ask that anyone organizing fan actions really think about what the side effects of the action will be. Will it create a huge mess of the venue that may require additional cleaning? Does it have the potential to create a fire hazard? Will it interfere with other fans' enjoyment of the show -- for example, will it block their view of their stage?

Obviously, the MFC can't control what every single person does, but if you want MFC's help and want to say, "this is a Mika Fan Club approved fan action," then you will need to follow these guidelines. What I mean is, you can't say, "I'm with Mika Fan Club so I'm allowed to do this," because that's not automatically true.

I realize that many of you have already made quite a few plans and that all of this may be upsetting, but because we act as Mika's "official" fan club, we want to make sure we have a good relationship with Alias and all the other promoters and venues that Mika works with.

I appreciate your understanding, and am sure you will have questions so feel free to ask below or send me or one of the other moderators a private message. Thanks.

THANKS TO THE MFC SUBTITLE TEAM we also have this information in Italian and French.

ITALIAN

Come alcuni di voi forse sanno, ci sono stati alcuni problemi con le azioni organizzate dai fan durante l’ultimo spettacolo di Mika a Parigi.

Il produttore, Alias Production, ci ha contattato poco prima che il concerto iniziasse per farci sapere che avevano sentito parlare delle fan action proposte e che ritenevano che la grande quantità di carta utilizzata avrebbe creato troppi rifiuti, obbligando la sala a pagare un costo di pulizia supplementare, che sarebbe stato addebitato al Mika Fan Club, che fosse stato MFC ad organizzare le azioni oppure no. La sicurezza ha quindi confiscato gran parte dei fogli che i fan cercando di portare all’interno.

Il Mika Fan Club non ha un budget e credo che nessuno di noi voglia pagare per la pulizia di una sala da concerto!

So che molti di voi stanno pianificando una serie di azioni per i prossimi spettacoli di Mika, e che molte di queste implicano l’utilizzo di oggetti che potrebbero causare rifiuti e altri potenziali problemi alle sale. Abbiamo quindi parlato con le persone di Alias, in quanto sono i promotori della maggior parte dei prossimi spettacoli francesi, chiedendo che tipo di linee guida vorrebbero fossero seguite per fan action su larga scala. Ovviamente queste sono raccomandazioni di Alias, ma probabilmente sono buone linee guida che qualsiasi azione, grande o piccola, dovrebbe seguire.

Linee guida:

• Considerate che ogni sede ha un proprio regolamento. Tutti e tutto ciò che entra deve rispettare le norme di sicurezza, comprese quelle sulla sicurezza antincendio.

• L'azione dovrebbe essere organizzata da un gruppo di persone serio e rispettoso con un leader definito.

• Contattate in anticipo il promotore e spiegate la vostra idea o il vostro progetto con quanti più dettagli possibile. Per grandi spettacoli come Zenith e arene, è bene contattarli almeno 4 settimane prima dell'evento. Prima è, meglio è. Di solito l’opzione migliore è quella di una richiesta proveniente dal fan club ufficiale.

• Il promotore vi farà sapere se il progetto sembra realistico e potrebbe fare domande aggiuntive a seconda del progetto: ad esempio, una scheda tecnica completa per qualsiasi oggetto abbia una fonte di illuminazione, e la carta deve soddisfare requisiti legati alle norme di prevenzione degli incendi.

• Rimarrete principali responsabili del progetto, finanziariamente e logisticamente.

• Se il progetto richiede di essere preparato sul posto prima dell’apertura delle porte, tenete presente che solitamente non sarà possibile accedere alla sala in anticipo. In caso ciò accada, questo non darà in alcun modo diritto ad un tour nei backstage o ad incontrare Mika e la sua band! Sarà strettamente legato alla realizzazione del progetto stesso.

• Alcune azioni più contenute potrebbero non richiedere l'approvazione del promotore se non necessitano oggetti o questioni logistiche aggiuntivi. Tuttavia, è sempre meglio verificare in anticipo, per essere sicuri.

Ricordate che anche se le fan action sono divertenti e possono davvero migliorare l'esperienza dello spettacolo, la priorità rimane lo spettacolo stesso. I promotori sono felici di aiutare con tutto ciò che proviene dall'esterno, purché ciò non disturbi l’organizzazione dello spettacolo e quindi il risultato finale che tutti si aspettano.

Quindi, cosa significa tutto questo? Bene, chiediamo a chiunque organizzi fan action di pensare concretamente agli effetti collaterali delle azioni stesse. Possono creare una grande quantità di spazzatura che richieda costi di pulizia aggiuntivi? Possono aumentare il rischio d’incendio? Creerà disturbo agli altri spettatori – per esempio, impedirà loro la vista del palco?

Ovviamente, MFC non può controllare ciò che fa ogni singola persona, ma se volete l'aiuto di MFC e poter dire "questa è un'azione approvata dal Mika Fan Club", allora dovete seguire queste linee guida. Quello che voglio dire è che non potete dire "Sono con il Mika Fan Club, quindi mi è permesso farlo" perché non è automaticamente vero.

Mi rendo conto che molti di voi hanno già pianificato alcune e che tutto ciò può essere sconvolgente, ma poiché agiamo come fan club "ufficiale" di Mika, vogliamo assicurarci di avere un buon rapporto con Alias e tutti gli altri promotori e luoghi con cui Mika lavora.

Apprezzo la vostra comprensione e sono sicura che avrete delle domande, quindi sentitevi liberi di porle qui sotto di inviare a me o ad uno degli altri moderatori un messaggio privato. Grazie.

FRENCH

Comme certains d'entre vous savent peut-être, il y a eu des problèmes avec les « actions des fans » lors du récent spectacle de Mika à Paris.

Le promoteur, Alias Production, nous a contacté juste avant le début du concert pour nous dire qu’ils étaient au courant des actions proposées par les fans et qu’ils estimaient que la grande quantité de papier utilisé pouvait créer trop de gâchis. Cela aurait obligé l’Arena à facturer des frais de nettoyage supplémentaires, qui à leur tour seraient transférés au Mika Fan Club - que le MFC ait organisé les actions ou pas. La sécurité a donc confisqué une grande partie des papiers que les fans essayaient d’introduire.

Le Mika Fan Club n'a pas de budget et je pense qu'aucun d'entre nous ne veut payer pour nettoyer une salle de concert!

Je sais que beaucoup d'entre vous sont en train d’organiser plusieurs actions pour les prochains spectacles de Mika, et que beaucoup d'entre eux impliquent des "accessoires" ou des objets qui pourraient causer problèmes potentiels dans les salles.

Nous avons donc parlé aux gens d'Alias, car ils sont les promoteurs de la plupart des spectacles français à venir, pour leur demander quel type de directives ils aimeraient que les actions des fans à grande échelle suivent. Évidemment, ce sont des recommandations d'Alias, mais ce sont probablement des bonnes directives que toute action, grande ou petite, devrait suivre.

Lignes directrices:

• Gardez à l'esprit que chaque site a ses propres règles et règlements. Tout le monde et tout ce qui entre sur le site doit respecter les directives de sécurité et de sûreté, y compris les règles de sécurité incendie.

• L'action doit être organisée par un groupe de personnes sérieux et respectueux avec un leader défini.

• Contactez le promoteur à l'avance et expliquez votre idée et votre projet avec autant de détails que possible. Pour les grands spectacles comme ceux dans Zeniths et Arenas, il est préférable de prendre contact au moins 4 semaines avant l'événement. Le plus tôt est le mieux. La meilleure option est généralement une demande provenant du fan club officiel.

• Le promoteur vous fera savoir si le projet semble réaliste et pourra vous poser des questions supplémentaires en fonction de vos projets: par exemple, un avis technique complet pour tout ce qui a une source d'éclairage, et tout papier doit respecter certaines règles liés au risque incendie.

• Vous restez responsable du projet, financièrement et logistiquement.

• Si le projet nécessite une mise en place avant l'ouverture des portes, gardez à l'esprit que vous ne pourrez généralement pas entrer à l’avance. Si vous êtes admis avant l’ouverture des portes, ceci ne vous donnera pas occasion de faire un tour dans les coulisses ou de rencontrer Mika et son groupe ! Ce serait strictement pour la réalisation du projet.

• Certaines actions plus contenues peuvent ne pas nécessiter l'approbation du promoteur si elles ne nécessitent pas d'objets ou de logistique supplémentaires. Cependant, il est préférable de s’informer à l'avance au cas où.

N'oubliez pas que même si les actions des fans sont amusantes et peuvent vraiment améliorer l'expérience du spectacle, la priorité reste le spectacle lui-même. Les promoteurs sont heureux d'aider avec tout ce qui vient de l'extérieur, tant que cela ne perturbe pas la mise en place du spectacle et donc le résultat final que tout le monde attend.

Alors, qu'est-ce que tout cela veut dire ? Eh bien, nous demandons à quiconque organise des actions de fans de réfléchir vraiment aux effets secondaires. Créeront-elles une grande quantité de gâchis qui pourrait nécessiter un nettoyage supplémentaire ? Peuvent-elles créer un potentiel risque en matière d’incendie ? Peuvent-elles gêner les autres spectateurs – par exemple bloqueront-elles leur vision de la scène ?

Evidemment, le MFC ne peut pas contrôler ce que fait chaque personne, mais si vous voulez l'aide du MFC et que vous voulez dire, "cela est une action de fan approuvée par le Mika Fan Club", alors vous devrez suivre ces directives. Ce que je veux dire, c'est que vous ne pouvez pas dire "Je suis avec le Mika Fan Club, donc je suis autorisé à le faire" parce que ce n'est pas automatiquement vrai.

Je me rends compte que beaucoup d'entre vous ont déjà fait pas mal de plans et que tout cela peut être bouleversant, mais parce que nous agissons en tant que fan club "officiel" de Mika, nous voulons nous assurer d'avoir de bonnes relations avec Alias et tous les autres les promoteurs et salles avec lesquels Mika travaille.

J'apprécie votre compréhension et je suis sûre que vous aurez des questions, donc n'hésitez pas à les poser ci-dessous ou à envoyer un message privé à moi ou à l'un des autres modérateurs. Merci

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6

5 hours ago, dcdeb said:

The action should be organized by a serious and respectful group of people with a defined leader

Read: they want to be able to hold someone accountable should things go differently than they want it to. Rip any upcoming fan actions then, this fandom is anything but organised 😂

This all seems a bit like they're from the no fun allowed club lol. I'd have to ask around with my kpop friends (who are big on the fan actions usually) if this is a normal thing to require, i've honestly never heard of it before! 

However, if we play it smart this could actually allow us to create much cooler stuff in a more organised way. I mean, the fact alone that they are open for contact... pretty neat l if they approve and want to help work on an idea. 

Initially there may seem to be only downsides to it and nothing but restrictions and blablabla annoying but it could have some positive sides too 🤔

Curious to see how this is gonna develop as the tour goes on!

Also: we just need to go full Japanese and clean the venue (and outside area where we queued) after every show anyway. It's the nicest thing to do!

• Like 3

Tbh Jaela, it was the first time we'd come across it too.  But this promoter seemed to be very concerned that the rainbow fanaction was going to leave a lot of litter and make for extra cleaning.  (Obviously they'd never promoted a Mika gig with confetti cannon :naughty: )

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Thank you Deb for your explainations 

Sure nobody wants to create a mess and will follow your advices in the future

btw i'm still very skepticle about the "Bercy affair"

On 12/19/2019 at 3:10 PM, Elvaraaa said:

Hello

sorry, we wont be able to access the venue earlier - even minutes before - to set everything up

sorry. Tried my best

i’ve been told this was too short of a timing to organize 

Why didn't they answer that this kind of fan action is not allowed ?  

Or even better just let us know that they don't want to cope with any extra litter ,? :dunno:

We'd be able to add an extra instruction line or to reduce the flag or even to cancell it tho ….

Imo communication has to be from both sides to be usefull 

Sending threats to someone who's even not present at the gig seems just like being a nonsense to me 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, silver said:

But this promoter seemed to be very concerned that the rainbow fanaction was going to leave a lot of litter and make for extra cleaning.

But they still used the side of the rainbow that worked to promote the concert on the new channel of Canal+ 🤣🤣

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, silver said:

Tbh Jaela, it was the first time we'd come across it too.  But this promoter seemed to be very concerned that the rainbow fanaction was going to leave a lot of litter and make for extra cleaning.  (Obviously they'd never promoted a Mika gig with confetti cannon :naughty: )

Remember the action in Carcassonne ……...:wink2:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, carafon said:

Or even better just let us know that they don't want to cope with any extra litter ,? :dunno:

We'd be able to add an extra instruction line or to reduce the flag or even to cancell it tho ….

Sending threats to someone who's even not present at the gig seems just like being a nonsense to me 

I think the main problem here might've been that I didn't contact them directly (didn't even think about contacting the production company, I'd have contacted the venue - but as they never answered another e-mail I had written them, I didn't try), but it seems others did. Although early access wouldn't even have been needed. Anyway, it certainly wasn't "one person in charge" to them, as required in their guidelines.

26 minutes ago, Mary Grin said:

But they still used the side of the rainbow that worked to promote the concert on the new channel of Canal+ 🤣🤣

Or maybe they just noticed afterwards that it could've been pretty cool if they hadn't stopped us. :mf_rosetinted:

25 minutes ago, carafon said:

Remember the action in Carcassonne ……...:wink2:

Was that gig also by Alias? Anyway I think they followed these guidelines - there was one person in charge, and they contacted - whoever, the venue or the production company or both? in advance (and in time), to get early access.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, mellody said:

Or maybe they just noticed afterwards that it could've been pretty cool if they hadn't stopped us. :mf_rosetinted:

Sorry for the judgement, but this was so stupid from them, especially if the problem was the cleaning fee. If it was for fire safety then it's more understandable. Anyway I understood someone contacted the venue by telephone, and they did not think to contact the promoter neither, so it's just non sense imo, and it would have been such a good publicity for them too

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Siri said:

Sorry for the judgement, but this was so stupid from them, especially if the problem was the cleaning fee. If it was for fire safety then it's more understandable. Anyway I understood someone contacted the venue by telephone, and they did not think to contact the promoter neither, so it's just non sense imo, and it would have been such a good publicity for them too

You see, I can understand it from the production company's point of view, if people contacted them with different requests, just a week or two before the gig, they might just have said no in general (maybe we just didn't get all the information) and then got angry that we did it anyway. Also I don't know what was done about the planes, I didn't have to do anything with that, but apparently it also was several thousand papers. Whether they contacted Alias in advance to get explicit permission for it, or the planes were less of a problem BECAUSE no one asked about it and they just took them in, I don't know. 

But I guess it makes no sense to discuss what could've been, if... - their guidelines are relatively clear (tho it'd be interesting if "big scale" fanactions mean a few dozen, a few hundred, or a few thousand items, as in Bercy), so at least for the French gigs I think it shouldn't be a problem if someone wants to organize a (bigger) fanaction, to contact Alias about it, and ask for the requirements re. security etc..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mellody said:

You see, I can understand it from the production company's point of view, if people contacted them with different requests, just a week or two before the gig, they might just have said no in general (maybe we just didn't get all the information) and then got angry that we did it anyway. Also I don't know what was done about the planes, I didn't have to do anything with that, but apparently it also was several thousand papers. Whether they contacted Alias in advance to get explicit permission for it, or the planes were less of a problem BECAUSE no one asked about it and they just took them in, I don't know. 

But I guess it makes no sense to discuss what could've been, if... - their guidelines are relatively clear (tho it'd be interesting if "big scale" fanactions mean a few dozen, a few hundred, or a few thousand items, as in Bercy), so at least for the French gigs I think it shouldn't be a problem if someone wants to organize a (bigger) fanaction, to contact Alias about it, and ask for the requirements re. security etc..

Finally it seems that the main problem is that both you and Elvaraaa did not contact the right person....:boxed:

And now that we know who to contact and they agree to cope with us ,nobody will take the risk to organize something anymore… :naughty:

Edited by carafon
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Jaela said:

This all seems a bit like they're from the no fun allowed club lol. I'd have to ask around with my kpop friends (who are big on the fan actions usually) if this is a normal thing to require, i've honestly never heard of it before! 

However, if we play it smart this could actually allow us to create much cooler stuff in a more organised way. I mean, the fact alone that they are open for contact... pretty neat l if they approve and want to help work on an idea. 

Initially there may seem to be only downsides to it and nothing but restrictions and blablabla annoying but it could have some positive sides too 🤔

Curious to see how this is gonna develop as the tour goes on!

Also: we just need to go full Japanese and clean the venue (and outside area where we queued) after every show anyway. It's the nicest thing to do!

Yeah, it's the first time in 13 years that we've encountered this sort of thing. I've contacted venues before about proposed fan actions, but it never would have occurred to me to contact the promoter. But now I know. :)

9 hours ago, carafon said:

Well, don't judge too harshly. We may not have the whole story. After all, there may have been things going on behind the scenes that we have no knowledge of.

In any case, they seem more than willing to work with the fans on projects like this, as long as we play by their rules, so that's the good news. We'll see how it goes in other locations going forward, like Italy... and Asia...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, silver said:

Yeah, it was kind of ironic that this all happened at a concert with confetti canons and fake snow hahaha. As well as, from what I heard, they stopped the people with the coloured paper, but allowed the paper planes in 🤔

Guess they were a little overwhelmed or something haha

9 hours ago, Mary Grin said:

Oooo, hypocrites! I'd charge them for that, it's copyright, they wouldnt have those beautiful images without us hahaha 😆

8 hours ago, mellody said:

Whether they contacted Alias in advance to get explicit permission for it, or the planes were less of a problem BECAUSE no one asked about it and they just took them in, I don't know. 

Schlafende Hunde soll man nicht wecken 😛

Edited by Jaela
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Well, don't judge too harshly. We may not have the whole story. After all, there may have been things going on behind the scenes that we have no knowledge of.

Just tried to understand something that didn't seem logical to me , but I got part of it from @mellody's answer 👍

On 1/16/2020 at 6:11 PM, dcdeb said:

Some smaller fan actions may not require promoter approval if they don’t require any additional objects, items or logistics. However it’s best to check in beforehand just in case

Hi Deb,

it looks like Alias wants to create new rules for fans. For me not quite possible to respect as most of fans will never know about them. 

OK. If Alias is expecting our cooperation so I can imagine that it concerns mainly Fan Club actions - I can't imagine that any small group of fans will be even aware of their expectations and will contact them to explain what they wanted to do (ex - balloons in a venue or soap bubbles for ex.). People have many ideas and generally it's about "props".

As I was involved in some actions and I will be in the future my main question is: which actons will be "signed" by MFC and which can be done "on my own" (organized  with some other fans).

Of course I can contact Alias (for example for our paper flowers or paper hearts fan action in Strasbourg) but 200-300 flowers - is it a small or big action?  For me it's a small one if we see a capacity of the Zenith venue )10-12 thousand places). 

I can hardly see the organisation of this sort of information exchange (between us - who will decide what we can do or not; between MFC and Alias - who will take resposibilty for any repercussions if Alias decides that something "went wrong").

One thing is sure for me: I will never give up with fan actions only because Alias wants to  control everything.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hi Deb,

it looks like Alias wants to create new rules for fans. For me not quite possible to respect as most of fans will never know about them. 

OK. If Alias is expecting our cooperation so I can imagine that it concerns mainly Fan Club actions - I can't imagine that any small group of fans will be even aware of their expectations and will contact them to explain what they wanted to do (ex - balloons in a venue or soap bubbles for ex.). People have many ideas and generally it's about "props".

As I was involved in some actions and I will be in the future my main question is: which actons will be "signed" by MFC and which can be done "on my own" (organized  with some other fans).

Of course I can contact Alias (for example for our paper flowers or paper hearts fan action in Strasbourg) but 200-300 flowers - is it a small or big action?  For me it's a small one if we see a capacity of the Zenith venue )10-12 thousand places). 

I can hardly see the organisation of this sort of information exchange (between us - who will decide what we can do or not; between MFC and Alias - who will take resposibilty for any repercussions if Alias decides that something "went wrong").

One thing is sure for me: I will never give up with fan actions only because Alias wants to  control everything.

Well, Anna. I can't control what you do or what any individual does outside of Mika Fan Club.

But, believe it or not, the MFC is the official fan club for Mika. He quite literally owns us. So as the official fan club we often have to toe the line and conform to rules or guidelines that random fans don't have to. If the company acting as his promoter at a show gives us guidelines on how to organize a fan action, then we, as the MFC, are obligated to follow them.

So... if you want to organize a fan action outside of Mika Fan Club, then great, I can't stop you, as you say. But you can't say that it's a Mika Fan Club fan action and you can't use the MFC to organize or promote it, you'll have to do it on your own. :dunno:

Seriously though. We have only ever had an issue at the December Paris gig, in 13 years this is the only time there's been a problem. So what was different about this gig? Alias has been Mika's promoter for a long time, so it's not them. Mika has done shows at this venue before, so it's not that. Something else must have happened that we aren't fully aware of that created this issue. I think we need to take that into consideration, and plan the upcoming France shows accordingly. I'm quite sure there won't be any issues with shows elsewhere in Europe, Asia, etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Well, Anna. I can't control what you do or what any individual does outside of Mika Fan Club.

But, believe it or not, the MFC is the official fan club for Mika. He quite literally owns us. So as the official fan club we often have to toe the line and conform to rules or guidelines that random fans don't have to. If the company acting as his promoter at a show gives us guidelines on how to organize a fan action, then we, as the MFC, are obligated to follow them.

So... if you want to organize a fan action outside of Mika Fan Club, then great, I can't stop you, as you say. But you can't say that it's a Mika Fan Club fan action and you can't use the MFC to organize or promote it, you'll have to do it on your own. :dunno:

Seriously though. We have only ever had an issue at the December Paris gig, in 13 years this is the only time there's been a problem. So what was different about this gig? Alias has been Mika's promoter for a long time, so it's not them. Mika has done shows at this venue before, so it's not that. Something else must have happened that we aren't fully aware of that created this issue. I think we need to take that into consideration, and plan the upcoming France shows accordingly. I'm quite sure there won't be any issues with shows elsewhere in Europe, Asia, etc.

Deb,

It's absolutely clear for me that any fan action not approved by MFC cannot be promoted by it's name.

But on the other hand we are just before the second part of the Revelation Tour in Europe and we have already been discussing some actions in the "Before Show" threads.

So first thing:

COULD YOU PLEASE POST THE OFFICIAL EMAIL ADDRESS OF "ALIAS" WHERE WE CAN ASK PERMISSION FOR "PRIVATE" FAN ACTIONS?

And second one:

I will go now to the thread which especially concerns me (Strasbourg) and I will ask "officialy" if MFC will take care of any fan action we were talking about. We have only 4 weeks before the show and some works are in progress.

I am ready to take a responsibility for paper heart action as well as paper flowers (which anyway is run outside MFC)..

I hope some other fans wanting to run any fan action will be ready to take a responsibility for them too. 

If not it looks like fan actions time is over :emot-sad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/18/2020 at 5:59 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Deb,

It's absolutely clear for me that any fan action not approved by MFC cannot be promoted by it's name.

But on the other hand we are just before the second part of the Revelation Tour in Europe and we have already been discussing some actions in the "Before Show" threads.

So first thing:

COULD YOU PLEASE POST THE OFFICIAL EMAIL ADDRESS OF "ALIAS" WHERE WE CAN ASK PERMISSION FOR "PRIVATE" FAN ACTIONS?

And second one:

I will go now to the thread which especially concerns me (Strasbourg) and I will ask "officialy" if MFC will take care of any fan action we were talking about. We have only 4 weeks before the show and some works are in progress.

I am ready to take a responsibility for paper heart action as well as paper flowers (which anyway is run outside MFC)..

I hope some other fans wanting to run any fan action will be ready to take a responsibility for them too. 

If not it looks like fan actions time is over :emot-sad:

OK, I've had some further communication with Alias and they seem to have somewhat softened their position.

They admit that they do not want to control EVERY fan action -- they are most concerned about VERY LARGE fan actions, like the ones in Paris recently.

I spoke to them about the fan actions that are planned for Strasbourg, for example, and they said they have no problems with them at all. Their only suggestion was that you might want to distribute the flowers and papers ahead of entering the venue, so that one person isn't carrying in all several hundred of them in one bag. They felt that might be an issue for security.

So they have no need to hear from you if you are planning smaller actions that don't involve masses of fans.

If a HUGE fan action is planned for a big venue, or if it's something really out of the ordinary beyond small signs or small props, then the promoter (Alias in the case of the French shows) would probably have to get involved.

I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief and carry on as before.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

OK, I've had some further communication with Alias and they seem to have somewhat softened their position.

They admit that they do not want to control EVERY fan action -- they are most concerned about VERY LARGE fan actions, like the ones in Paris recently.

I spoke to them about the fan actions that are planned for Strasbourg, for example, and they said they have no problems with them at all. Their only suggestion was that you might want to distribute the flowers and papers ahead of entering the venue, so that one person isn't carrying in all several hundred of them in one bag. They felt that might be an issue for security.

So they have no need to hear from you if you are planning smaller actions that don't involve masses of fans.

If a HUGE fan action is planned for a big venue, or if it's something really out of the ordinary beyond small signs or small props, then the promoter (Alias in the case of the French shows) would probably have to get involved.

I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief and carry on as before.

Thank you very much for your comment, Deb. It really looks much better than we were thinking after their first reaction. We can breathe a sigh of relief now.

For the moment we do not plan any huge fan action as I recall.

And I really appreciate that you mentioned Strasbourg. We put a big effort to create our props and it would be very sad if we had to leave it all at the entry.

As for the distribution, we will do it outside the venue to all people coming for queueing. We did so in London and in Lille and in other cities. 

I think the problem in Bercy was that girls had so many airplanes that they were not able to distribute them all outside.So they tried to carry the plastic bags in. It was really a HUGE fan action :bleh:  The same with the rainbow paper sheets. OK. Now we will know for the future.

I feel much better now :hi5:

• Like 4

Maybe we should do the soap bubbles more often, that have been done many times before, last time in Caen, organized by @Güldane , and Mika was still very happy about it. It's a beautiful effect with just little effort and little waste - you can even refill the plastic bottles with water & dishwashing detergent and reuse them for every gig you're attending. ;) And it fits to a lot of songs, basically all the slower ones - Underwater, Happy Ending, Paloma, Tiny Love, Tomorrow,... - so the surprise for Mika, if it's done at many gigs, is for which song it'll be done. :lol3:

After watching "En direct de l'univers" I thought that it could be funny to sing "Gigi l'amoroso" at the end of a gig :naughty:

No waste at all but our voices if we still have one at the end of the gig …..:naughty:

• Haha 1