MIKA Live At Brooklyn Steel - Album Announcement!

Gemz

12 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Ice cream It's one of the songs I like least but I was pleasantly surprised to hear it live. Sounds really great. :yes:

Yeah, me too, and also Tomorrow sounds really better live than on the record (but I like the studio version too).

• Like 2

I'm going to make my own physical copy but even if an official physical copy comes out I'll still buy it. Used to have a printer that printed on CDs wish I'd have kept it now. I do have some CD markers though... :)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm going to make my own physical copy but even if an official physical copy comes out I'll still buy it. Used to have a printer that printed on CDs wish I'd have kept it now. I do have some CD markers though... :)

I will do the same. :thumb_yello:

Hey guys, I was at this concert where the album was recorded and I wanted to clear up some confusion about the DVD rumor. 

At the concert, Mika said himself, that this concert would be turned into a live DVD as well as a live CD. Now, I don't know if this has since changed and they decided to only do a live CD, but that is what he said at that time. The whole concert was filmed like the Dear Jealously video, with multiple cameras, even going onstage. Mika really gave it his all into performing because he was under the impression this was going to be both a live album and DVD and it was pretty obvious.

On 1/31/2020 at 8:32 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I will be downloading this album later today, can't wait to listen to it in full. Lollipop is especially good! 😃

Lollipop was my favorite of the night, so much energy! 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, cat_loves_mika said:

Hey guys, I was at this concert where the album was recorded and I wanted to clear up some confusion about the DVD rumor. 

At the concert, Mika said himself, that this concert would be turned into a live DVD as well as a live CD. Now, I don't know if this has since changed and they decided to only do a live CD, but that is what he said at that time. The whole concert was filmed like the Dear Jealously video, with multiple cameras, even going onstage. Mika really gave it his all into performing because he was under the impression this was going to be both a live album and DVD and it was pretty obvious.

Lollipop was my favorite of the night, so much energy! 

Aaaaah thank you for saying that! :bow: So it is still possible that we might soon get a new DVD as well. :naughty:

Edited by Starlight
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starlight said:

Aaaaah thank you for saying that! :bow: So it is still possible that we might soon get a new DVD as well. :naughty:

It's definitely possible, but I'm not sure if it's likely. I'm thinking the project was scrapped, unfortunately. I don't think they would release a DVD without the live album alongside it. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, cat_loves_mika said:

It's definitely possible, but I'm not sure if it's likely. I'm thinking the project was scrapped, unfortunately. I don't think they would release a DVD without the live album alongside it. 

Anyway you made things clearer now. :thumb_yello: and the album is just perfect. :wub2: Must have been such a wonderful experience to be there!

• Like 2

On 2/2/2020 at 3:10 AM, giraffeandy said:

Yeah, me too, and also Tomorrow sounds really better live than on the record (but I like the studio version too).

I especially love the transition from the Interlude into Tomorrow :wub2: it really adds something to the song for me

• Like 1

@cat_loves_mika Thanks for the clarity on what Mika said regarding the DVD/CD. I'm still hoping it will happen. All we can do is wait and see. Seeing as the live album was done in the US, there is a slight chance that something more might be said about physical copies when Mika is back there. Who knows...? 🤔

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

@cat_loves_mika Thanks for the clarity on what Mika said regarding the DVD/CD. I'm still hoping it will happen. All we can do is wait and see. Seeing as the live album was done in the US, there is a slight chance that something more might be said about physical copies when Mika is back there. Who knows...? 🤔

I hope there will still be a DVD, and maybe they will sell physical copies of the live album in US as tour merch. 

Someone should try to ask him about it if they get a chance to see him too for more clarification. I'd hope its still coming along, because it would be such a waste and there are loads of people who would love to have that live DVD. Though DVDs are a little dated, maybe that's the issue? 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cat_loves_mika said:

I hope there will still be a DVD, and maybe they will sell physical copies of the live album in US as tour merch. 

Someone should try to ask him about it if they get a chance to see him too for more clarification. I'd hope its still coming along, because it would be such a waste and there are loads of people who would love to have that live DVD. Though DVDs are a little dated, maybe that's the issue? 

I don’t think it’s because DVDs are a little dated, which I think is not totally true, people are still buying them even though there’s Netflix. Maybe he just didn’t have time to release the DVD as he had already a lot of work to do for releasing the CD? So maybe we just have to be patient (as always:wait:). Or otherwise, if he had any problem, he would have said something about it no? Because the people who went to Brooklyn Steel might be asking questions as he SAID that there will be a DVD. I don’t know.

10 minutes ago, Londonmikafan said:

I don’t think it’s because DVDs are a little dated, which I think is not totally true, people are still buying them even though there’s Netflix. Maybe he just didn’t have time to release the DVD as he had already a lot of work to do for releasing the CD? So maybe we just have to be patient (as always:wait:). Or otherwise, if he had any problem, he would have said something about it no? Because the people who went to Brooklyn Steel might be asking questions as he SAID that there will be a DVD. I don’t know.

That's true, DVDs are still quite good selling. I still like them and everyone I know is looking for movies they love on DVD. :winksmiley02:

I think we might know about it mikasoon. :naughty:

• Haha 1

So... I just listened to some bits on my PC and was really disappointed by the sound, Mika's voice was hardly understandable and the music far too loud in comparison. But when now I listened to it on my phone, just to be sure, it was perfect! I don't know how that's possible, it's such a HUGE difference! I really need to check the settings on my PC, or maybe it's the different headphones?! So weird... :dunno:

19 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Thanks. It's working now, after I played around with the settings a bit and tried different headphones - maybe the headphone cable just wasn't stuck in properly, no idea! :lmfao: Really weird in any case, that my computer wants to hide Mika's voice from me - not acceptable! :sneaky2::naughty:

• Haha 2

Just now, mellody said:

maybe the headphone cable just wasn't stuck in properly,

I think that could be indeed the reason because when this happens to me with my phone I only hear the music but not the voice... And it's only because the headphones aren't connected properly.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

El País (Uruguayan Newspaper)

• 24 febrero 2020 04:00

tvshow.com.uy

Crítica: "Live At Brooklyn Steel" es un gran disco en vivo para no olvidarnos de Mika

En 2007, Mika se transformó en uno de los artistas más exitosos del momento gracias a los hits "Relax, Take It Easy",  "Love Today" y "Grace Kelly"; ahora volvió con un gran disco en vivo

¿Se acuerdan de Mika? Es aquel cantante de origen líbano-británico que en 2007 se ganó un lugar en las radios de todo el mundo gracias a los éxitos “Grace Kelly”, “Love Today” y “Relax, Take It Easy”, que forman parte de Life In Cartoon Motion (un disco clásico de la segunda mitad de la década de 2000). 

Bueno, años después de haber logrado algunos hits aislados con “We Are Golden” y “Rain” (ambos de 2008) y “Popular Song” (grabado en 2013 con una Ariana Grande que estaba empezando su carrera solista), a finales del 2019 el cantante volvió a la escena con My Name Is Michael Holbrook, un disco bien personal. 

Para complementar este lanzamiento, Mika acaba de editar Live At Brooklyn Steel, un gran álbum en vivo donde repasa todos los éxitos nombrados con un show bien enérgico donde se destaca la calidad de su voz (escuela directa de Freddie Mercury; “Tiny Love” lo demuestra). Gran excusa para reencontrarse con un artista que no merece ser olvidado.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

A great live record

El Pais (Uruguay) 24 Feb 2020R.G.

MIKA Disco: Live At Brooklyn Steel Are you online? Yes, on digital platforms. It's okay? Yes, it is a good live record.

Do you remember Mika? He is that singer of Lebanon-British origin who in 2007 earned a place in radios around the world thanks to the hits "Grace Kelly", "Love Today" and "Relax, Take It Easy" that are part of Life In Cartoon Motion (a classic disc from the second half of the 2000s). Well, years after having achieved some isolated hits with "We Are Golden" and "Rain" (both of 2008) and "Popular Song" (recorded in 2013 with an Ariana Grande who was starting her solo career), at the end of 2019 The singer returned to the scene with My Name Is Michael Holbrook, a very personal record. To complement this release, Mika has just released Live At Brooklyn Steel, a great live album where he reviews all the hits named with a very energetic show that highlights the quality of his voice (Freddie Mercury direct school and “Tiny Love” lo shows). Great excuse to meet an artist who does not deserve to be forgotten.

PRESSREADER https://pressreader.com/article/281960314781273

1905457641_ElPais(Uruguay)24Feb2020_p21.thumb.jpg.958d4f2d760702812b56ac4bf659feef.jpg

• Like 2