Thanks a lot for posting @mellody

L'Essentiel

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

L'Essentiel

Published on Jan 30, 2020 

Une communion pop avec Mika, roi du show

Concert au Luxembourg

29 janvier 2020 22:30; Act: 30.01.2020 10:15 Print

ESCH-BELVAL - Mercredi, le chanteur pop avait rendez-vous avec ses fans à la Rockhal. Pour un show coloré et généreux.

«Luxembourg, ça fait un petit moment. La dernière fois, la salle était plus petite mais ça chantait fort» se souvenait Mika, histoire de motiver les troupes. S'il n'a pas sorti d'album pendant cinq ans, le Britannique au français parfait a gagné en popularité, «The Voice» étant passé par là.

Une scénographie faite de dessins et sculptures s'ouvrait sur une avancée de scène, permettant au natif de Beyrouth d'enchaîner les chorégraphies, de se mouvoir de façon sensuelle dans son costume cintré bleu roi ou de s'élever avec son piano, sur «Tiny Love».

«Je suis superstitieux et jaloux»

S'il raffole arborer des tenues glamour et excentriques, Mika sait aussi tomber le masque. Avec son cinquième album paru en octobre dernier, «My Name Is Michael Holbrook», le chanteur de 36 ans a offert son disque le plus personnel. «Je suis superstitieux et jaloux» avouait en préambule de «Dear Jalousy» celui qui se fendait d'une déclaration d'amour à ses parents, les «Adam & Eve de son Big Bang».

Showman charismatique, Mika offrait une véritable communion à son public. Ses premiers tubes y contribuaient, et la star prenait un bain de foule sur «Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)», faisait danser toute la Rockhal avec «Relax (Tale It Easy)», «Origin of Love» ou «Love Today». Sans oublier son plus grand hit, «Grace Kelly», en rappel, avec son lâcher de ballons.

(L'essentiel/ CB)

:uk: Google translator

Reveal hidden contents

A pop communion with Mika, king of the show

Concert in Luxembourg

ESCH-BELVAL - On Wednesday, the pop singer had an appointment with his fans at the Rockhal, for a colorful and generous show.

"Luxembourg, it's been a while. The last time, the room was smaller, but everyone sang loudly", Mika remembered, just to motivate the troops. If he has not released an album for five years, the Briton with perfect French has gained popularity, "The Voice" having been there.

A set made of drawings and sculptures opened on a stage projection, allowing the native of Beirut to follow the choreographies, to move sensually in his fitted royal blue suit or to rise with his piano, on " Tiny Love ”.

"I am superstitious and jealous"

If he loves wearing glamorous and eccentric outfits, Mika also knows how to drop the mask. With his fifth album released last October, "My Name Is Michael Holbrook", the 36-year-old singer offered his most personal album. "I am superstitious and jealous" admitted in the preamble to "Dear Jealousy" the one who broke a declaration of love to his parents, the "Adam & Eve of his Big Bang".

Charismatic showman, Mika offered real communion to his audience. His first hits contributed to this, and the star took a walkabout on "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)", made the whole Rockhal dance with "Relax (Tale It Easy)", "Origin of Love" or "Love Today" . Without forgetting his biggest hit, "Grace Kelly", as a reminder, with his release of balloons.

123669-epwM2JxXMBL4rn_4tqm9Tw.thumb.jpg.46b94f99dc22007c66eda503accf0eff.jpg

123669-QHPpp9NPaglob2EOlcwcqQ.jpg.3c86464417b8e4633cd485c14087a31f.jpg

123669-HAhEIv0hiCwFAZPHBDYGfw.jpg.6ded9ef5c4760487e23a439d12f70ee8.jpg

123669-h2dRbLqEspHMlb_K53VmhA.thumb.jpg.3180783d0d6884ade67433429b31faf3.jpg

123669-N9BA1WfF9o_6rIOA_jooKw.thumb.jpg.21d86cdaf09aa7de362bcda349daf2fc.jpg

123669-LHDLK_UJkSa0b3v_La5pJw.thumb.jpg.72491e46eab1dce5929b7850878d2cb4.jpg

123669-eF_jbX1UCDwpBBiwy3aJ_g.thumb.jpg.fc5dbe5dbfd85179bb27256b3c18f64b.jpg

123669-p8s602qmYSN3nrwtpjUTwg.jpg.526dcf60b369f7e0ff30a005c6f68c8a.jpg

123669-XzvkR8ckbvHhsR_G3V9q2Q.jpg.7091ae8fb5911105f5dcb7a97fadf751.jpg

123669-Bd7dGtCv4JB0KG4kfLAjFg.jpg.b6cdc86cfeae404e62bb75aceed77981.jpg

123669-cqWYwRzz6_pOZayGNxs54Q.jpg.4d04c4c3e79af6bbb8efd52b659077c4.jpg

123669-_tyx8PlEAEp6z2h_ESANRA.jpg.af042029d03fb33dbde2993ba01ba28f.jpg

123669-_m7jZyg_mNjRuH0d5DRUGA.jpg.c74fee6d9b57c476c7ed93085c7bb1e4.jpg

123669-9O1qTO_olK1gtb2NCHENKw.jpg.1fb8f51c30300b2a588dbc7eb7409a5c.jpg

123669-0T8hRYZwuc431LLegTxU8g.thumb.jpg.791b8f1f7b535a8a740a91d51909c3d8.jpg

123669-YtrYGgiFBwhov1cP32OISg.jpg.d5e308f7d16c6a60d5bf37259eaababf.jpg

123669-VBH3QFmYR_8mRIX9_sSNCg.jpg.2f51fe0efbfeeeab01ac1b896e452816.jpg

123669-3QsYu3lFryt8zzHBsU_MgQ.jpg.d6f936e5e7fce90a9c0bacac2df0acbe.jpg

123669-yP5SYzHT1TAqINIhxTHSXg.jpg.a6bca13a92a4a1bf03b1022404fd7bbd.jpg

LEssentiel_20200130_p.1.thumb.jpg.1c01f066570458d59ccda561ede01f76.jpg

LEssentiel_20200130_p_28.thumb.jpg.27fe7d1bb4c70f6367d875912694f419.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

I think I see @carafon there! :biggrin2:

I'm still up in the clouds about yesterday. :cloud: Fantastic gig and even a quick but lovely M&G - at nearly 1am, so the freezing and waiting was much like in the good old times, lol! :lmfao: He didn't sign anything tho, just chatted with us for 1-2 minutes and took a few gifts.

Will write more later - as on every train journey of this tour so far, the train is late again and I'll probably miss my connection back home. :doh:

• Like 5

Ow, I see me on this pics… I hate that but it's the price to pay for the first row, I suppose… So, so… It's time to return at the normal life… and it's hard… 😢

But the happiness is still there and the possibility of remembering too. I think I will already make a review, since I don't want to think of anything else now. And I just LOVE writing reviews. 

Last night was my fifth Mika's gig, and the first since 2015. It was already important just for that. But for me, it was even more : it was the first time I was alone, without my parents for an evening, after years of weakness and panic attacks. Because of that, I could never make what I wanted to. But this night opens a new chapter and it's why I can't make this review without some personnal stuffs. 

I was there at 9 a.m, thanks to my father who drove me, and I had a very good number, so I was happy. But honestly, it was completely cold there. I just felt frozen all the day and I thought I was crazy at least 10 times. Well, that said, the Rockhal is probably one of the best spot for waiting before a show. Not only because we are protected from the rain (yes, because there was some rain) but also because there is different cafés and food and a big market center where we could go when the cold became a problem. And it was very good for my father too, since he could shop and even go at the cinema in the day (this day was obviously a big sacrifice for him since he wasn't at the show. My family is the best ❤️). They really thought about us fans. 

I waited alone. I think I saw some of you, but I'm not good in making acquaintance and I didn't dare talk to you or anybody else. I'm autistic, and it was always a problem for me, since I don't even really know HOW to make it. But I appreciated the hour I spent with some of you (very probably) just before the doors open. You were so nice and I had some regrets at this point.  Maybe I will be more confident at Strasbourg… 

In any case, it was worthing the waiting. 

Like often, the doors opening was just a big rush with the numbers' organisation chaotically dispersed with some running people and some ticket's and security checks' problems. It was to the point I loose my wallet on the floor, but fortunately, someone noticed it and helped me. It was so nice because we were all running for the best possible place, and she stopped for help. I found this really nice and I'm very grateful because if I really loose my papers and cards, it would have been terrible. If you're there,  THANK YOU !

I hope she/you had a great place despite of me...

As for me, I had a great view of the scene. First row, before ths advancing scene (a little on the right). I perfectly saw practically all, and I was very happy with this spot. Then started the most difficult moment of the day for me : between the tiredness, the cold, all the people (whose I didn't know, at this time I loose even the other fans I was waiting with… ), my old demons and the weakness were coming again. At this moment, it was hard, and I was honestly afraid I could'nt make it. Plus I had an headache because of the cold. But I managed to calm down. I felt bad even for the Charlotte's gig (I found it good anyway, for what I could focus on) but at the second Mika appeared… I felt nothing bad anymore. Just happiness. Even my headache disappeard. Just like that !  

When I say Mika is a médicine… 🤣

And now, the show itself… So, what can I say ? It was my first Revelation Tour's date and it was absolutely wonderful. For me who saw that for the first time… I never looked at any videos, only some photos, just for this day. It was pure magic. This show was amazing ! 

I'm in love with the live arrangements of the songs. Ice Cream, Dear Jealousy, Platform Ballerinas and Stay High are great in live. Tomorrow was amazing ! It's already one of my favorites on the album, but in live… It was so good ! I think it will be one of my favorites in live now. And Tiny Love and Paloma were just perfect. I really like very much those songs in live, especially Paloma with this flying piano. In general case, I love so much when Mika is playing piano, but this thing is just amazing. It's simple in one sense, but very poetic and beautiful. Like the color-themed songs. And it's probably what makes this show as magic : we're entering another world, where all seems possible. I really liked the new arrangements of Love Today, Relax and Happy Ending, too. This last particulary. This a capella part… :cloud:

Underwater is still one of my favorites in live. Not only I LOVE when Mika sings it, but this without-a-word final, just the music, where everybody follows him and sings is one of the best moments of this show for me. 

I was so happy to see Mika again... Especially since I was in the front row. Nothing is better than this communion, this little contact we can have with him there. I will never abandon it as soon I can survive all this. I love so much seeing him with such proximity. 

He seemed happy and full of energy and offered us a great show. It's all I can say. He was just excellent last night. He made me laugh more than one time and smile at each second of the gig. Only now, I fully realise how much I missed him. 

Some random things I remember particulary

He once again took Max with him in the audience and asked where his bassist were. Poor Max, I didn't even see him in the crowd 😂

For Elle Me Dit, he took one fan with him on the scene after she asked him if she could dance with him (maybe she's here… "M from Metz" Good play, I would never dare making this !) and it was so nice. Plus, I found this girl so good for that, it was really pleasant to see Mika and her together. He gave her one "dance lesson" and we started to dance with them. It was a great moment😊

I appreciated how he talked about his songs and all kind of stuffs, sometimes funny… 

There was a little child next to me, who was fan and knew all the songs. It was so cute. :wub2:

One funny thing was when I saw this poor security staff keeping his serious face even when one of the final's big balloon came and jumped on his head. Poor guy…  :roftl:

We were so loudly than my dad, who was outside, could hear all the songs, but also our screams and all. He could even make them hear at my mum by the phone. WE. ARE. THE. BEST. 

It was so good… I'm still on my cloud and don't want to come down.  It really ended too quickly. So quickly I pratically cried when it was over. I'm so happy I will return in two weeks ! 

But this time, I fully appreciated it. I thought I fully appreciated the previous ones, but in fact, now, I realise I could'nt because I kept one eye on my weakness at the same time. But not this time. This time I danced, sang and lived this gig like if I would die tomorrow. I never had such a free moment in all my life. For the first time, my health authorized me to "dance and sing like if nobody is watching", like Mika says. I was unleashed and totally happy, totally myself. I didn't care about anything for the first time.  And it was just so good. Thank you Mika. 

He's the only one who can make this… 

I didn't wait after the show. We had two hours of road after that, and I saw my dad was really tired now and since he was outside, he was cold. (plus, he's working today). I knew it wouldn't be before a long time, and I couldn't ask him to make that. He drove me, stayed at Luxembourg all the day alone, and waited for me, then he would drive me back for two hours. When I see it wasn't before 1 a.m, I understand I really couldn't impose him this. Plus, I would stay especially for have some signing (it's the last thing I don't have yet) so… I will try the next times, when we have less hours to road. He already made so much for me, and my mum too, when I couldn't go alone…

I know I'm not limited anymore and can go where I want, I did the craziest (and best)  thing in my life, it was just perfect. I'm the happier in the world. Right now, I don't ask the life anything else. 

Sorry, I filmed a little but my phone is really lame on this point, so I don't have any correct pictures… I'm really waiting yours for remember all those great moments… before the Strasbourg's gig. 

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

36 minutes ago, Presci1108 said:

Ow, I see me on this pics… I hate that but it's the price to pay for the first row, I suppose… So, so… It's time to return at the normal life… and it's hard… 😢

But the happiness is still there and the possibility of remembering too. I think I will already make a review, since I don't want to think of anything else now. And I just LOVE writing reviews. 

Last night was my fifth Mika's gig, and the first since 2015. It was already important just for that. But for me, it was even more : it was the first time I was alone, without my parents for an evening, after years of weakness and panic attacks. Because of that, I could never make what I wanted to. But this night opens a new chapter and it's why I can't make this review without some personnal stuffs. 

I was there at 9 a.m, thanks to my father who drove me, and I had a very good number, so I was happy. But honestly, it was completely cold there. I just felt frozen all the day and I thought I was crazy at least 10 times. Well, that said, the Rockhal is probably one of the best spot for waiting before a show. Not only because we are protected from the rain (yes, because there was some rain) but also because there is different cafés and food and a big market center where we could go when the cold became a problem. And it was very good for my father too, since he could shop and even go at the cinema in the day (this day was obviously a big sacrifice for him since he wasn't at the show. My family is the best ❤️). They really thought about us fans. 

I waited alone. I think I saw some of you, but I'm not good in making acquaintance and I didn't dare talk to you or anybody else. I'm autistic, and it was always a problem for me, since I don't even really know HOW to make it. But I appreciated the hour I spent with some of you (very probably) just before the doors open. You were so nice and I had some regrets at this point.  Maybe I will be more confident at Strasbourg… 

In any case, it was worthing the waiting. 

Like often, the doors opening was just a big rush with the numbers' organisation chaotically dispersed with some running people and some ticket's and security checks' problems. It was to the point I loose my wallet on the floor, but fortunately, someone noticed it and helped me. It was so nice because we were all running for the best possible place, and she stopped for help. I found this really nice and I'm very grateful because if I really loose my papers and cards, it would have been terrible. If you're there,  THANK YOU !

I hope she/you had a great place despite of me...

As for me, I had a great view of the scene. First row, before ths advancing scene (a little on the right). I perfectly saw practically all, and I was very happy with this spot. Then started the most difficult moment of the day for me : between the tiredness, the cold, all the people (whose I didn't know, at this time I loose even the other fans I was waiting with… ), my old demons and the weakness were coming again. At this moment, it was hard, and I was honestly afraid I could'nt make it. Plus I had an headache because of the cold. But I managed to calm down. I felt bad even for the Charlotte's gig (I found it good anyway, for what I could focus on) but at the second Mika appeared… I felt nothing bad anymore. Just happiness. Even my headache disappeard. Just like that !  

When I say Mika is a médicine… 🤣

And now, the show itself… So, what can I say ? It was my first Revelation Tour's date and it was absolutely wonderful. For me who saw that for the first time… I never looked at any videos, only some photos, just for this day. It was pure magic. This show was amazing ! 

I'm in love with the live arrangements of the songs. Ice Cream, Dear Jealousy, Platform Ballerinas and Stay High are great in live. Tomorrow was amazing ! It's already one of my favorites on the album, but in live… It was so good ! I think it will be one of my favorites in live now. And Tiny Love and Paloma were just perfect. I really like very much those songs in live, especially Paloma with this flying piano. In general case, I love so much when Mika is playing piano, but this thing is just amazing. It's simple in one sense, but very poetic and beautiful. Like the color-themed songs. And it's probably what makes this show as magic : we're entering another world, where all seems possible. I really liked the new arrangements of Love Today, Relax and Happy Ending, too. This last particulary. This a capella part… :cloud:

Underwater is still one of my favorites in live. Not only I LOVE when Mika sings it, but this without-a-word final, just the music, where everybody follows him and sings is one of the best moments of this show for me. 

I was so happy to see Mika again... Especially since I was in the front row. Nothing is better than this communion, this little contact we can have with him there. I will never abandon it as soon I can survive all this. I love so much seeing him with such proximity. 

He seemed happy and full of energy and offered us a great show. It's all I can say. He was just excellent last night. He made me laugh more than one time and smile at each second of the gig. Only now, I fully realise how much I missed him. 

Some random things I remember particulary

He once again took Max with him in the audience and asked where his bassist were. Poor Max, I didn't even say him in the crowd 😂

For Elle Me Dit, he took one fan with him on the scene after she asked him if she could dance with him (maybe she's here… "M from Metz" Good play, I would never dare making this !) and it was so nice. Plus, I found this girl so good for that, it was really pleasant to see Mika and her together. He gave her one "dance lesson" and we started to dance with them. It was a great moment😊

I appreciated how he talked about his songs and all kind of stuffs, sometimes funny… 

There was a little child next to me, who was fan and knew all the songs. It was so cute. :wub2:

One funny thing was when I saw this poor security staff keeping his serious face even when one of the final's big balloon came and jumped on his head. Poor guy…  :roftl:

We were so loudly than my dad, who was outside, could hear all the songs, but also our screams and all. He could even make them hear at my mum by the phone. WE. ARE. THE. BEST. 

It was so good… I'm still on my cloud and don't want to come down.  It really ended too quickly. So quickly I pratically cried when it was over. I'm so happy I will return in two weeks ! 

But this time, I fully appreciated it. I thought I fully appreciated the previous ones, but in fact, now, I realise I could'nt because I kept one eye on my weakness at the same time. But not this time. This time I danced, sang and lived this gig like if I would die tomorrow. I never had such a free moment in all my life. For the first time, my health authorized me to "dance and sing like if nobody is watching", like Mika says. I was unleashed and totally happy, totally myself. I didn't care about anything for the first time.  And it was just so good. Thank you Mika. 

He's the only one who can make this… 

I didn't wait after the show. We had two hours of road after that, and I saw my dad was really tired now and since he was outside, he was cold. (plus, he's working today). I knew it wouldn't be before a long time, and I couldn't ask him to make that. He drove me, stayed at Luxembourg all the day alone, and waited for me, then he would drive me back for two hours. When I see it wasn't before 1 a.m, I understand I really couldn't impose him this. Plus, I would stay especially for have some signing (it's the last thing I don't have yet) so… I will try the next times, when we have less hours to road. He already made so much for me, and my mum too, when I couldn't go alone…

I know I'm not limited anymore and can go where I want, I did the craziest (and best)  thing in my life, it was just perfect. I'm the happier in the world. Right now, I don't ask the life anything else. 

Sorry, I filmed a little but my phone is really lame on this point, so I don't have any correct pictures… I'm really waiting yours for remember all those great moments… before the Strasbourg's gig. 

What you wrote is so adorable!!! I am crying!!!

• Like 1

I won't write a long report, just some bits & pieces....

I only arrived at about 4pm and got #49  so queueing was pretty relaxed. Of course when the doors opened, everything got mixed up again, with 6 entries and security checks / ticket scans taking a different amount of time at every entry. Plus the long frontrow, so as I'm tall and am also happy with 2nd row, I'm not worried about the fact that I can't queue early anymore for this tour.

What I enjoyed most about the show was the general feeling, it was absolutely FUN! And apparently Mika saw it the same way, as he thanked us on Twitter/IG for making him laugh. It was the usual setlist, with some acting and talking in between, I'll post videos of that when I'm home. That silent ending of UW, which I've seen in videos from the previous gigs before, was certainly one of the highlights, it gave me goosebumps. Here's the first part of my video of it:

My choice of clothing wasn't exactly perfect for the long aftershow waiting - I was used to a short waiting time (without M&G) from last year, and if I had known that, I'd have gone to my hotel room across the street to change into warmer clothes! :doh: But well, I won't complain. :bleh: We had so much fun while waiting, making up silly lyrics to Mika's songs, about how to keep warm - some of our half English - half German creations had me cry tears of laughter! :lmao: When it's late at night and you're on a gig high, you have the most hilarious ideas. :naughty:

Around 1am first Andy walked to the car with the dogs and smiled at us, then Mika came, waved a bit, and then walked straight to our group and chatted with us for 1-2 minutes. He said Hi to a few more people, took 2 or 3 gifts and then left. It felt so good to see him again after the show and chat for a moment, I really had missed that. :wub2: It might've been the only time for this tour or even this year, who knows... but in a way that makes me cherish it even more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Paoletta said:

@mellody who is Myriam?

The fan who was on stage with Mika. She had a sign, saying "Can I dance with you?" - and Mika said to her, no, you can't dance with me - but you can dance alone, come up. Then she danced and Mika was watching her, and then told her to come to the front and danced with her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My pic of the end of the show, which was cut by IG:

20200129_224151.jpg

And here's my videos:

talk before BG:

Silent ending of Underwater: :wub2:

talk before EMD (I missed the beginning):

Mika dancing with Myriam, a fan he called on stage from the crowd, for EMD:

funny Lollipop intro:

Happy Ending off-mic:

Tiny Love Reprise:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Here is what I found :biggrin2: There are also photos in the article.

http://www.lessentiel.lu/fr/divertissement/musique/story/une-communion-pop-avec-mika-roi-du-show-10943095

Translation with Google :

A pop communion with Mika, king of the show !
ESCH-BELVAL - On Wednesday, the pop singer had an appointment with his fans at the Rockhal. For a colorful and generous show.

"Luxembourg, it's been a while. The last time, the room was smaller but it sang loudly, ”Mika remembered, just to motivate the troops. If he has not released an album for five years, the Briton with perfect French has gained popularity, "The Voice" having been there.

A scenography made of drawings and sculptures opened on a stage projection, allowing the native of Beirut to follow the choreographies, to move sensually in his arched royal blue costume or to rise with his piano, on " Tiny Love ”.

"I am superstitious and jealous"

If he loves wearing glamorous and eccentric outfits, Mika also knows how to drop the mask. With his fifth album released last October, "My name is Michael Holbrook", the 36-year-old singer and a most personal album offered. "I am superstitious and jealous" admitted in the preamble to "Dear Jalousy" the one who broke a declaration of love to his parents, the "Adam & Eve of his Big Bang".

Charismatic showman, Mika offered real communion to his audience. His first hits contributed to this, and the star took a walkabout on "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)", made the whole Rockhal dance with "Relax (Tale It Easy)", "Origin of Love" or "Love Today" . Without forgetting his biggest hit, "Grace Kelly", as a reminder, with his release of balloons."

C.B. (29/01/2020). Une communion pop avec Mika, roi du show ! Retriewed from http://www.lessentiel.lu/fr/divertissement/musique/story/une-communion-pop-avec-mika-roi-du-show-10943095

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1