Mika in Australia / New Zealand Press 2020

Kumazzz

4 minutes ago, Susan Smith said:

😂😂true. I thought it had just been abandoned but yay it is coming 

Me too, I thought he won't speak about it till we forgot he ever mentioned it in the first place... 

• Haha 1

I found the longer radio interview with the male moderator really interesting, the other shorter one with the female moderator was a bit in a hurry, I had the feeling Mika is interviewing himself and the woman was just reacting with "Yes/Yeah!/Right"... :teehee: She doesn't seem to be involved in to the conversation as much. 

But the project with different EPs sounds great. I won't comment on the book yet... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

the other shorter one with the female moderator was a bit in a hurry, I had the feeling Mika is interviewing himself and the woman was just reacting with "Yes/Yeah!/Right"... :teehee: She doesn't seem to be involved in to the conversation as much. 

She even called him Myka instead of Mika. :naughty: :doh:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, mellody said:

She even called him Myka instead of Mika. :naughty: :doh:

Yes, that too! The interview reminded me of some conversations with my mother where I keep agreeing with her but in fact don't pay attention at all... :teehee:

58 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I found the longer radio interview with the male moderator really interesting, the other shorter one with the female moderator was a bit in a hurry, I had the feeling Mika is interviewing himself and the woman was just reacting with "Yes/Yeah!/Right"... :teehee: She doesn't seem to be involved in to the conversation as much. 

But the project with different EPs sounds great. I won't comment on the book yet... 

Why do you say you won’t comment on the book yet😂

6 minutes ago, Susan Smith said:

Why do you say you won’t comment on the book yet😂

I do believe he'll release some EPs this or next year (or the year after...) but I don't believe he'll release the book anytime soon... So i just don't want to think about it yet. :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2020 at 10:00 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Here is a better quality version but it is missing some parts.

This one is full version (recorded by Sonelle) Thanks a million :hug::flowers2:@Kumazzz@Sonelle

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15wCfNIEx4eoLZfoFk3Yfbm7WYLeLtMlh/view

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2020 at 11:42 AM, Starlight said:

:lmao: I learned it at school for one year and I can only understand the main things, but as I know French I think I can guess some word's meanings. :naughty: So I hope it'll be enough. :teehee:

On 2/22/2020 at 12:09 PM, Susan Smith said:

I was so excited about the Spanish thing until I remembered I can’t speak Spanish lmao. So I’ll have to wait ages for some lovely person to subtitle it 😂

Maybe we can make a "Practicing Spanish for Mika's next project" thread on MFC where we would learn Spanish together... :lmfao:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

Maybe we can make a "Practicing Spanish for Mika's next project" thread on MFC where we would learn Spanish together... :lmfao:

Well if you need help, here I am even spanish is not my mother tongue but I can help with something :wink2:  We have to wait beacuse he said about that project in an interview so until I see it I won't believe it because projects for several things sometimes may not come true, although I hope this is not the case.

• Like 1

A concert review with beautiful photos by Tom Grut.

TOURBUZZ.CO.NZ

https://www.tourbuzz.co.nz/content/concert-review-mika-live-in-nz?fbclid=IwAR10eDwjDpXV_jMJQK_v8DqLa4rmMB2f0WXdCHyPGGG8NnyjbxaKhp3NOrs

Concert Review: Mika Live In NZ

Image: Tom Grut

Mika rocked Auckland Town Hall last night with the Revelation Tour. Although he gained popularity back in 2007 after releasing his hit single Grace Kelly, this was the first time that the Lebanese-born singer had made his way to New Zealand in his career. The concert was nothing short of a great night as he brought his moves and personality to the stage, engaging with the audience for the entire show.

To open the night, Theia, hyped up the audience before Mika’s arrival on stage. Since releasing her debut single back in 2016, the Kiwi songstress has released two EP’s, and to date has just over 37,000 monthly listeners on Spotify. Now based in Sydney, she is making waves with her music in both New Zealand and Australia. Her performance got people moving and out of their seats which was a great way to start the show. She performed a bunch of her songs including ‘Bye Bye’, ‘Not Your Princess’, and her 2016 hit ‘Roam’. She also performed some unreleased songs, which was also a treat to the audience! Musically, Theia is a perfect cross between Charli XCX and Lorde. She has such a unique sound and vibe to her music, and I’m keen to hear more from her in the future as her career grows.

As the lights went down, Mika came blasting out on stage in a bright red suit and began performing ‘Ice Cream’, the lead single from his fifth album, My Name Is Michael Holbrook. Everyone that was sitting in their seats were out of them now, as the singer instantly turned his show into a dance party. Although a theatrical performer, Mika was very soft spoken when interacting with the crowd and was an incredible storyteller, giving the meaning behind his songs before performing them. He continued the first part of his set with more up-tempo songs like ‘Dear Jealousy’, and ‘Origin of Love’. He also included some throwbacks from his first album, Life in Cartoon Motion, like ‘Relax, Take It Easy’ and ‘Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)’. Hearing these songs definitely took me right back as I hadn’t heard them in years, and the fact that he performed them so well made it even better. He also took his audience interaction to another level by going into the mosh pit while singing as the crowd danced and jumped around him. It was cool to see to see that he was enjoying it just as much as the crowd was too.

After starting the show on such a high, Mika started to slow things down for the night as he went onto performing songs like ‘Underwater’ and ‘Paloma’, which are both piano ballads. He quickly picked up the pace again and performed ‘Tomorrow’, and his 2013 hit that features Ariana Grande, ‘Popular Song’. Even though the dancing had slowed down a little bit amongst the crowd, everyone was still singing along to every word he sang which was really good to see considering we don’t always hear a lot of his music being played on mainstream radio over here! To slow things down again, he performed a stripped-down acoustic version of ‘Happy Ending’, another throwback from his first album. He closed out the show on a high and energetic note with ‘Love Today’ and ‘We Are Golden’, and came back for encore with his iconic hit ‘Grace Kelly’. By then, the whole crowd was up off their seats again. As the show came to an end, Mika liked the venue so much that he even performed another song that was not usually on his tour set list, ‘Over My Shoulder’. This is another song from earlier in his career. It was also quite slow and stripped back as he played it solo on the piano without help from his band.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

:aussie:

Studio 10

Their OFFICIAL site : https://10play.com.au/studio-10

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

REPLAY

:dunno: I cannot download the video file...

Studio 10

https://10play.com.au/studio-10/entertainment/2020/hes-tried-a-little-freddy-its-mika/tpv200226fiqrk

tl2ltLD7.thumb.jpg.515089add8f0ffb4b0da45cd23924636.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 6:34 AM, Kumazzz said:

Australia

DNA namagazine.com.au

Posted on February 10, 2020

10 Quick Questions With Mika

A lot’s happened since Mika was last in Australia. For one thing, he’s come out! Ian Horner spoke to singer/songwriter as he prepares to tour.

“So I said ‘#### you’ and that’s when I started to really write, and move, and dress from the heart.”

1. Why 11 years since you performed here?

I got so tired of asking my agents to book Australia I changed my team. This tour was booked two months later.

2. What’s been happening for you during that decade?

Moments of triumph and several crashing phases of total self-doubt. The only constants have been my partner and my songwriting.

3. What things are you revealing in the Revelation tour?

Bits of my soul. The good of me, and the ugly. Just me on stage and a fearlessness to be intimate. 

4. You came out as bi in 2010, as gay in 2012. Was it received well by everyone?

There was no ticker-tape parade. Coming out can be intense and quiet. You can get hurt in unexpected ways. I see love wins in the end. Other younger people in my family have become more open about their sexuality and the reaction’s been more relaxed.

5. Many in the business tried to change you but you learned to say “screw you!” Where did that courage and self-belief come from?

Anger! I was so angry with rigid corporate white guys who acted as gatekeepers. I ran to music to be free and found myself in the hands of an older version of the school bullies who’d made my life hell. So I said “#### you” and started to really write, and move, and dress, from the heart.

6. What was the cost of saying “#### you”?

My pop is not very commercial! But I can only do me. It makes sense when you see me live. THIS is why coming back to Australia on stage is so damn important. 

7. The album title My Name is Michael Holbrook is a strong statement of identity. Are you implying “I’m more than just MIKA”?

Yes. I’ve been nicknamed MIKA since birth. As a teenager I was mortified if anyone called me Michael. Now I try to understand all parts of my identity.

8. The love you describe on Tiny Love doesn’t sound so tiny! Why call it small?

It’s the biggest love in the whole ####ing world!!! But no one else can see it or feel it. That’s why we’ve made songs and plays and paintings about it for thousands of years. 

9. Your happy tunes often disguise darker lyrics but songs in this album dare us to throw caution to the wind. Are you happier, more settled now?

I’m more able to express when I’m happy and when I’m not. I’m much more curious about life now and in the future. If that’s happiness, then yes.

10. DNA magazine turns 20 this year and we’re bloody proud of that. What do you reckon?

It’s monumental. A year in the media is like seven in dog years which means you’re actually turning 140. And that means you’re defying the odds which is only possible if you have an emotional connection and investment from your audience. You deserve huge congratulations as it’s more and more rare. X

Revelation tour dates:

• Saturday, February 22, Auckland | Tickets
  • Monday, February 24, Brisbane | Tickets
  • Wednesday, February 26, Sydney | Tickets
  • Thursday, February 27, Melbourne | Tickets

Read the full interview in the next print edition of DNA.

LEAD_Mika2.thumb.jpg.c9f9b4697ede26f84cf3e07aeaf30ee6.jpg

That tongue tho 😏 thank you for sharing!!!

• Like 1