PICS

VIDEOS

PRESS

Edited by Kumazzz
updating
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sabine64 said:

do you know what he told about Paloma? I so so curious to hear about it

No, I only know that the reason for it was that there was a girl called Paloma in the audience. I'm also curious, but I'm sure we'll get more info or even videos of it eventually. :)

No proper report from me at the moment, but about Paloma: I saw some people filming, so I hope they'll upload it somewhere. I didn't feel like filming.

From what I remember: He asked what song he should sing next. Obviously people where screaming different songs, after a while he understood Paloma. Then he walked to a side where a girl was in front row. He said she had a sign telling her age was 10 and her name was Paloma, so he'd sing this song for her now. Apparently that girl only understood French, so he said something to her in French. I think he asked her to come on stage, but she was too scared. He said that Paloma is such a beautiful name and it means dove and doves can fly.

Then he explained the story behind the song. That it's about his sister who is very brave and a hero because she was born with a weak side, but she always tried to hide it which is a superower she has and many people with disabilities have. But that superpowers can be very painful too. And then he talked about the accident, (I think there was the part about the name, but she didn't fly. She fell) that she was falling from a high place and fell into those spikes that basically saved her life. And that a man living on the ground floor saw her there, but thought she was a person trying to break in. So that man went outside armed with something he could find and wanted to make that person go. But instead he saw her and hold her for one hour. And in that one hour Paloma asked that man to leave her alone so that she can get up which obviously she couldn't. So that was another superhero-moment. Mika came and saw her like that. And then he concluded by saying that this song is not a sad song, but it's about superpowers. :tears:

Edited by Statue_of_Liberty
Typing errors
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sabine64 said:

do you know what he told about Paloma? I so so curious to hear about it

He told us that Paloma's left side does not function as it should and that she always tried to hide it. That it was her superpower, but that sometimes superpowers can have a toll on someone and that is what happened. She fell and the one thing that should have killed her, saved her life. A man who lived in the basement of the building ran outside, thinking it was a burglar. When the man, whom she had never met, found her, he held her up for about an hour. She told him that he should just leave her alone and that she would get up but the man said it wasn't a good idea. He said that we should not look at stories like this as sad stories. He also mentioned that when he saw someone like the little girl in the audience, who looks just like his sister did at that age, it brings a smile to his face. Something along those lines.

Show was awesome! Loved the vibe and the energy ❤️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Youtube:

Ice Cream:

Platform Ballerinas, talk, Big Girl:

I love that bit - "Did you know Paradise smells like beer and sweat? (crowd cheers) Yes?! You're f**ed up!" :lmfao:

Lollipop, with a little story:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, so many emotions after this gig! 

Firt of all I was in the first row, right in front of his piano and I had an amazing view! I can't believe he was so close to me and I could see every detail on his face! In Brussels I saw only a silhuette :( It was worth waiting 9 hours, especially inside such a nice venue!

The gig started a little bit later, his supporting act came late and said that she has just arrived here after 2 days of travelling. She was really nice and even sung a Whitney Houston song :D

Finally, Mika came a little after 9PM. After Ice Cream he admitted that he was late (not surprised, he's Lebanese) and said something about a hurricane that was here and flying with Austrian pilots who were terrified ,which was a bad sign. I think he also arrived shortly before a show, but he said he landed at 10(!)PM in Utrecht and well- it wasn't even 10 yet and there is no airport here, poor Mika, so confused! 😂 I hink he corrected that it was Rotterdam later... 

When he noticed little's girl sign that her name is Paloma and started to talk about his sister... I didn't want to record it, cause it was very intimate and I wanted to show respect and just listen to it, especially as he shared details about it, like this neighbour who run out with a baseball stick cause he though it was a burglar and then held her up... It was really touching, the way he talks about his sister with so much love and admiration ❤

Overall, he did no soundcheck, said he doesn't have his setlist :D He even told us that we get to pick a song! Eventually he couldn't hear anything out of our screams and noticed that one lady raised her hand, so he asked her and she chose Paloma, and that's when he started talking about this little girl.

I am very happy he sang Blue, Sanremo and Popular Song, I've never heard them live! 

So here are few special moments that I captured!  

Funny scene before Tiny Love, when people shouted that they couldn't see him behind his piano so he decided to move it... or at least tried. Enjoy:

Intro to Big Girl & singing from the balcony:

Asolutely hillarious story about Normal Jack hiding a lollipop... well, you have to hear and see where: 

Talking before Blue and a part of him singing it, light gets realy bad but you can listen to it:

And a little bit of Grace Kelly! 

Edited by Martyna
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Looking through my videos again and I've found this! It was just hilarious, I have to share it with you! This made my day 😂

He was talking about listening to BBC radio four and getting inspired and then:

He pretended to present a weather forecast after it and then transitioned to Love Today!

My mom kinda mockingly asked my if I cried during this concert and I told her that I almost did... out of laughter! 😜

Edited by Martyna
  • Haha 3

image.thumb.png.5b4d3eada605a1480566e6ea1019e0f6.pngimage.png.cb0ef9255ad04e8609d61cbde2a665e0.png

My friend and I had a great time at the concert yesterday!

We got in to Tivoli a few minutes before seven o'clock and joined the queue. We had nice spots at about sixth row in the middle.

I found this picture with me (I'm the one in the red circle 😉) and my friend. Ofcourse I was very pleased that Mika came so close!

He has got so much energy, it's incredible!

I wish all the people that are seeing him tonight en tommorow in Utrecht the same great evening I had!

• Like 6

13 hours ago, mellody said:

No, I only know that the reason for it was that there was a girl called Paloma in the audience. I'm also curious, but I'm sure we'll get more info or even videos of it eventually. :)

I’ll try to write my report of the concert later on. Need some time to write my feelings down in English. But for the time being, I’m sending you a pic of my tiny Paloma while waiting at the venue in Utrecht the other day. You know the little girl with the sign 😊❤️

A77E1055-2DD8-4FBC-BCDD-84BEB5C3ECC1.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, koningin said:

Hi there, here is what my husband recorded on the first gig in Utrecht, when Mika spoke to my daughter and dedicated the song Paloma to her.

Aww how beautiful Valerie. Paloma deserves it. I'm sure she will remember this for the rest of her life.  :cloud:Te dije que valía la pena que faltara a la escuela para ir al concierto. You got it!!  :hug:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Aww how beautiful Valerie. Paloma deserves it. I'm sure she will remember this for the rest of her life.  :cloud:Te dije que valía la pena que faltara a la escuela para ir al concierto. You got it!!  :hug:

Thank you Alba ! I was so happy ! Actually Paloma was not "terrified", she was just blown away and holding back her tears. She still hopes she'll get a pic with Mika someday.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, koningin said:

Hi there, here is what my husband recorded on the first gig in Utrecht, when Mika spoke to my daughter and dedicated the song Paloma to her.

This's really great :blush-anim-cl: I'm so happy for your beautiful daughter - what a bonus and treasure to get during this concert!!  I suppose  the song Paloma will always mean something very special to her...:wub2:    

Love, love

me

11 hours ago, koningin said:

Wow what a wonderful experience for you and your daughter! :wub2: :hug:

14 hours ago, mamiam said:

This's really great :blush-anim-cl: I'm so happy for your beautiful daughter - what a bonus and treasure to get during this concert!!  I suppose  the song Paloma will always mean something very special to her...:wub2:    

Love, love

me

Thank you so much ! It was indeed a wonderful moment for her, but also for me and my husband. Back in October, on album release, "Paloma" was the song I was eager to discover. I loved the song so much and my daughter too. Every time we listened to the song, we used to cry. And when Mika sang Paloma in Lille, my daughter burst in tears. She's only 10 and I'm glad she's a tiny MikaFreak. 

• Like 1