CANCELLED: 2020 - Mika @ Arena di Verona, Italy, 10 August

mellody

15 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Isn't it the nearest date to Mika's birthday ? :mikadas:

How do you plan on celebrating Mika's birthday?

If we manage to organize something in order to celebrate it all together would be awesome !! 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, virgi said:

If we manage to organize something in order to celebrate it all together would be awesome !! 

I agree! It’s the first time in many years that we have the chance to organize a gathering in his birthday month - and for such an important show! I’d love that ^_^

Edited by sara09
  • Like 6

I'm in too if we're planning to organize a party all together :excite: And considering they all are numbered places we don't have to worry for the queue :thumb_yello:

17 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Isn't it the nearest date to Mika's birthday ? :mikadas:

How do you plan on celebrating Mika's birthday?

(maybe we can use this date to give him the usual MFC birthday present and/or the yearbook too)

What about organizing a big fan action too? The Arena is such a beautiful place, we can think about smth like football supporters use to do in stadiums! We have 6 months in order to get in touch with the venue and get all the permissions we need.

I read some suggestion on the net, I can transcribe them here if we want to start brainstorming :gathering:

Edited by Siri
  • Like 8

Indeed it would be nice to have an MFC party in the afternoon. :) I've already talked with Matti from Italy, she wants to send me some suggestions for possible venues - I don't know how much will be open in the time around Ferragosto, and we'd surely need an air-conditioned place in August in Italy! 😅 If any of you knows any suitable places in Verona, I'd think for ca. 50-100 people? please let me know.

As for a fan action, I've heard that a group of Italian fans want to organize something big. I hope they'll post about it here at some point, so it won't be the same situation as in Strasbourg, where we had so much different stuff.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, mellody said:

As for a fan action, I've heard that a group of Italian fans want to organize something big. I hope they'll post about it here at some point, so it won't be the same situation as in Strasbourg, where we had so much different stuff.

It would be nice to organize here, I hope they won't wait too much to share so that we can participate in the discussion and choose something all together :crossed: I linked some fans to this thread when I read some suggestion, I really hope they'll pop in here at some point (and not too late when all decisions have already been taken :tears: )

• Like 3

Just now, Siri said:

It would be nice to organize here, I hope they won't wait too much to share so that we can participate in the discussion and choose something all together :crossed: I linked some fans to this thread when I read some suggestion, I really hope they'll pop in here at some point (and not too late when all decisions have already been taken :tears: )

What I'd find cool, and that's certainly something we could do in addition to other fanactions, is do some sort of choreography, as it's seated and we're so many. Like the ones Mika does with Max for Platform Ballerinas or Ice Cream - if we do the same, the whole venue could join in, as they see Mika doing it on stage. That'd look cool, cost nothing and wouldn't create any rubbish. ;)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, mellody said:

What I'd find cool, and that's certainly something we could do in addition to other fanactions, is do some sort of choreography, as it's seated and we're so many. Like the ones Mika does with Max for Platform Ballerinas or Ice Cream - if we do the same, the whole venue could join in, as they see Mika doing it on stage. That'd look cool, cost nothing and wouldn't create any rubbish. ;)

Yes. I like this choreography idea. It's hard to do it in the crowd in front rows. But with seated places it can work !!!! And we all know the movements 😁

• Like 3

On 2/27/2020 at 8:13 PM, mellody said:

Indeed it would be nice to have an MFC party in the afternoon. :) I've already talked with Matti from Italy, she wants to send me some suggestions for possible venues - I don't know how much will be open in the time around Ferragosto, and we'd surely need an air-conditioned place in August in Italy! 😅 If any of you knows any suitable places in Verona, I'd think for ca. 50-100 people? please let me know.

The venue's catacombs should be suitable …..:naughty:

• Haha 5

On 2/27/2020 at 8:13 PM, mellody said:

If any of you knows any suitable places in Verona, I'd think for ca. 50-100 people? please let me know.

I tried to ask a girl I know who lives in Verona with her Italian boyfriend, she didn't know right away but promised to ask him as he is directly from Verona and knows the city pretty well... Today she answered me that unfortunately as the city center is all very historic, there aren't many suitable places near the center and only send me a site with places you can rent for meetings: https://www.meetingecongressi.com/it/struttura/verona/245/palazzo_verita_-_poeta.htm?fbclid=IwAR2KRbhBKKdW7kID-0FEnjn4wNnNVRUxq1iabfr4SmFSV31I64rSu56ut-A So I guess that's not really helpful as those places seem to be quite expensive. :teehee: But she said that the more ordinary places are far away from the center. I don't know if that's an option.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I tried to ask a girl I know who lives in Verona with her Italian boyfriend, she didn't know right away but promised to ask him as he is directly from Verona and knows the city pretty well... Today she answered me that unfortunately as the city center is all very historic, there aren't many suitable places near the center and only send me a site with places you can rent for meetings: https://www.meetingecongressi.com/it/struttura/verona/245/palazzo_verita_-_poeta.htm?fbclid=IwAR2KRbhBKKdW7kID-0FEnjn4wNnNVRUxq1iabfr4SmFSV31I64rSu56ut-A So I guess that's not really helpful as those places seem to be quite expensive. :teehee: But she said that the more ordinary places are far away from the center. I don't know if that's an option.

Uhhhh it seems cool but quite expensive huhuhu... maybe we could meet in some park in Verona like the "Parco delle mura" hoping it wont be too hot!!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Gabry74 said:

Having Mika at the Arena di Verona will be wonderful and I hope to celebrate this occasion with all of you at best. :group_hug:

I hope for an incredible FA! :cheer:

Me too!!!! 😍😍😍

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 9:41 PM, mellody said:

Pre-show chat.

You can buy tickets for this event from the official ticket sales websites Ticketone, Ticketmaster and Vivaticket.

Please RSVP here if you're going:

YES, I will attend

• 3 weeks later...

I know nobody can predict the future but do you think Verona will be cancelled or postponed? The thing is, I already know I won't be able to come because I've heard the borders won't be open for a year or maybe even two (I can't even imagine, I live for travelling)... :crybaby: Also without bus and train lines, I won't be able to travel even if I could. On the other hand, under these circumstances I don't want to offer my ticket to anybody as nobody knows if the gig will happen at all. However, do you think I will get my money back if I can't travel due to restrictions made by my country? It's 100 euro and that's a lot for me now... Anyway, if the gig happens by some miracle, I have a ticket for seat 4 in the 4th row... I think you can change the name on the ticket for some extra fee.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I've heard the borders won't be open for a year or maybe even two 

Where did you hear that? You're in the EU, so if the danger is over, they have to open the borders again. If the danger isn't over by then, the gig will be cancelled anyway. Of course if it's over in Italy but not yet in Czech Republic, it might be different... but I had several people asking me about the 4th row ticket after I sold it, so I'm sure you can sell it to someone if you can't go, once the picture is clearer and people can plan again. Whenever gigs can take place again, most people will want to go, to catch up on what they were missing. 

Don't give up yet, as you say no one can predict the future, but it's still nearly 5 months away and we all hope things will be back to normal by then. :huglove:

• Like 1