CANCELLED: 2020 - Mika @ Arena di Verona, Italy, 10 August

mellody

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

Where did you hear that?

From the chef of the central crisis team here in Czechia, he is an epidemiologist and he said in an interview that this year it probably won't be possible to travel abroad in summer and maybe even next year... Of course it's just a prediction so far but if he thinks there's a chance it will last so long, I have my doubts they will open the borders in 3–4 months. And my family is already sure we won't be able to travel to Spain in the beginning of July. 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

A small article

1 minute ago, Kumazzz said:

Corriere del Veneto

2020-April-07

🔻 PDF file ( 2.5 MB )  2020-04-07_Corriere_del_Veneto_Vicenza_e_Bassano_UserUpload.Net.pdf

:italia:

In arrivo

VERONA

I grandi successi di Mika nello show multicolor

Il cantautore anglolibanese live con il «Revelation Tour», un concerto musicalmente e visivamente gioioso, colorato, e carico di energia nel quale verranno proposti i suoi più grandisuccessieibrani tratti dall’ultimo progetto discografico «My name is Michael Holbrook».

Arena - Piazza Bra, 1

Lunedì 10 agosto Alle 21

:uk:

Arriving

VERONA

Mika's big hits on the multicolor show

The Anglo-Lebanese singer-songwriter live with the "Revelation Tour", a concert that is musically and visually joyful, colorful, and full of energy in which his greatest successes will be offered, from the latest recording project "My name is Michael Holbrook".

Arena - Piazza Bra, 1

Monday 10 August At 9pm

1985500404_2020_Apr_07_Corriere_del_Veneto_p_14.thumb.jpg.6a66694836dff35463a4ed1552b13b8a.jpg

1776619161_2020_Apr_07_Corriere_del_Veneto_p_14.thumb.jpg.9c6fa159d160d36f9ee6fc435e6a6317.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anna-is-golden said:

I really hope it won't be canceled🥺❤️❤️

Of course everyone hopes, but while I was saying "August is still many months away" now it seems really not likely that it will safe to allow gathering 20K people in an arena 🤷‍♀️but even if it was a small gig with just 1000 people 🤦‍♀️

Anyway, it's Italian government which decides, before Mika 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

As I said on the other thread, I hope that if it can't take place this summer, they'll postpone instead of cancel it. Like Queen, who just moved their whole tour to 2021, on the same dates. A) because we'd have something to look forward to in 2021 - and B) because I'd love to keep my frontrow tickets. :teehee: (and also C, I think that Mika and the organizers wouldn't lose money if people just keep their tickets for a postponed gig, while if they had to pay the money back, at least someone would lose money).

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

As I said on the other thread, I hope that if it can't take place this summer, they'll postpone instead of cancel it. Like Queen, who just moved their whole tour to 2021, on the same dates. A) because we'd have something to look forward to in 2021 - and B) because I'd love to keep my frontrow tickets. :teehee: (and also C, I think that Mika and the organizers wouldn't lose money if people just keep their tickets for a postponed gig, while if they had to pay the money back, at least someone would lose money).

same for me

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Corriere di Verona

15 Apr 2020

PRESSREADER https://pressreader.com/article/281479278543940

Il duo Benji e Fede e gli altri concerti rinviati all’Arena

Le star attese nell’anfiteatro veronese spostano le date.

Mazzi: «Sono ottimista, ripartiremo appena possibile. Cercheremo di non annullare nessun evento»

Modà, Benji & Fede, Enrico Brignano, Marracash, Emma e Music Awards: sono questi i primi eventi all’Arena di Verona spostati a data da destinarsi. La notizia era nell’aria da tempo, difficile trovare una soluzione definitiva all’impasse del futuro dei live in un momento storico in cui si deve affrontare un’emergenza sanitaria totalmente nuova e inaspettata. Se l’ultimo decreto del Presidente del Consiglio dei Ministri in materia di restrizioni parla chiaro, fissando come nuova data per l’«aggiornamento» il 3 maggio, gli organizzatori degli eventi Friends&Partners e Vivo Concerti, in accordo con l’Arena di Verona, hanno scelto di rinviare tutti i live fissati nel mese di maggio e l’evento dei Music Awards dei primi di giugno.

La sicurezza di un rinvio (non di un annullamento) al momento riguarda solo i concerti dei Modà (2 maggio), Benji & Fede (3 maggio), lo spettacolo comico di Enrico Brignano (9 maggio), il live di Marracash (22 maggio) e Emma (25 maggio), oltre ai Music Awards di inizio giugno. Tutti gli show sono rinviati, i biglietti acquistati rimangono validi per le nuove date che verranno riprogrammate e comunicate entro e non oltre il 31 luglio. «È un momentaccio per colpa di questo stramaledetto carognavirus, ma non dobbiamo rassegnarci, seguiamo rigorosamente le disposizioni delle autorità – sottolinea Gianmarco Mazzi, amministratore delegato di Arena di Verona Srl - e ci teniamo pronti a cogliere il primo spiraglio di luce. Voglio pensare ottimista, immaginare che nessun concerto venga cancellato e, insieme agli artisti, inventare un sogno per i prossimi “Music Awards” all’Arena».

L’ottimismo è la strada scelta per affrontare una situazione live che mai è stata così incerta. Molti organizzatori definiscono gli eventi live in stand by, in attesa di un miglioramento della situazione o di nuove direttive. «Credo sia giusto sperare e prepararsi ad ogni scenario per ricominciare più presto possibile – spiega Mazzi – il futuro è in

certo, questo è vero, ma dobbiamo lavorare per farci trovare pronti appena ci possa essere uno spiraglio per riiniziare a fare concerti live».

L’ipotesi di un possibile via libera ai live con distanza di sicurezza e l’utilizzo di mascherine e guanti da parte del pubblico rimane solo un’idea. «Quello che sto vedendo è una grande disponibilità da parte di tutti gli organizzatori e, prima ancora, da parte degli artisti – precisa Mazzi – ci sono comunicazioni giornaliere con i referenti nazionali e costanti con quelli delle star internazionali: l’obbiettivo è che tutti i concerti fissati per questa stagione si possano tenere il più presto possibile e che nessuno venga annullato». Il programma dell’Arena prevedrebbe i live di Lana Del Rey (9 giugno), The Lumineers (12 luglio), The Kiss (13 luglio), Ficarra e Picone (22 luglio), Simple Minds (4 agosto), Mika (10 agosto), Carmen Consoli (25 agosto), Il Volo (30 e 31 agosto). Ancora, in autunno i live di Marco Masini (20 settembre), la residence di Zucchero (dal 22 settembre) e il concerto di Mannarino (9 ottobre).

Resta un mistero perché su Ticketone.it vengano ancora venduti i biglietti per i concerti già sospesi: l’unica cosa da pensare è che un biglietto acquistato oggi, anche senza conoscere la nuova data, sia un simbolo di affetto e stima dei fan per il proprio beniamino.

:uk: Google translator

The duo Benji and Fede and the other concerts postponed to the Arena

The stars expected in the Veronese amphitheater move the dates.

Mazzi: «I am optimistic, we will leave as soon as possible. We will try not to cancel any events »

Modà, Benji & Fede, Enrico Brignano, Marracash, Emma and Music Awards: these are the first events at the Verona Arena that have been moved to a future date. The news had been in the air for some time, it was difficult to find a definitive solution to the impasse of the future of live shows in a historical moment in which we must face a totally new and unexpected health emergency. If the latest decree of the President of the Council of Ministers regarding restrictions speaks clearly, setting the event organizers Friends & Partners and Vivo Concerti as the new date for the "update" on May 3, in agreement with the Arena of Verona, have chosen to postpone all the live events scheduled for May and the Music Awards event in early June.

The security of a postponement (not of a cancellation) at the moment only concerns the concerts of Modà (May 2), Benji & Fede (May 3), the comic show by Enrico Brignano (May 9), the Marracash live (May 22 ) and Emma (May 25), as well as the Music Awards in early June. All shows are postponed, the tickets purchased remain valid for the new dates which will be rescheduled and communicated no later than July 31st. «It is a momentaccio because of this damned carognavirus, but we must not resign ourselves, we strictly follow the instructions of the authorities - underlines Gianmarco Mazzi, CEO of Arena di Verona Srl - and we are ready to catch the first glimmer of light. I want to think optimistically, imagine that no concerts will be canceled and, together with the artists, invent a dream for the next "Music Awards" at the Arena ".

Optimism is the path chosen to face a live situation that has never been so uncertain. Many organizers define live events on standby, pending an improvement in the situation or new directives. «I think it is right to hope and prepare for each scenario to start again as soon as possible - explains Mazzi - the future is in

sure, that's true, but we have to work to make ourselves ready as soon as there is a window to start playing live concerts again ».

The hypothesis of a possible green light to live with a safe distance and the use of masks and gloves by the public remains only an idea. «What I am seeing is a great availability on the part of all the organizers and, even before that, on the part of the artists - specifies Mazzi - there are daily communications with the national and constant contacts with those of the international stars: the goal is that everyone the concerts set for this season can be held as soon as possible and that no one is canceled ». The Arena program would include live performances by Lana Del Rey (June 9), The Lumineers (July 12), The Kiss (July 13), Ficarra and Picone (July 22), Simple Minds (August 4), Mika (August 10 ), Carmen Consoli (25 August), Il Volo (30 and 31 August). Again, in autumn the live shows by Marco Masini (20 September), the Zucchero residence (from 22 September) and the Mannarino concert (9 October).

It remains a mystery why Ticketone.it still sells tickets for concerts already suspended: the only thing to think about is that a ticket purchased today, even without knowing the new date, is a symbol of affection and esteem by fans for the just darling.

p-1.thumb.jpg.026373a6da03c4acf8a6a8b080e1076b.jpg

p-14.thumb.jpg.15b7dabd8d8665127c763ac7e0e856e0.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for posting this article❤️

From these lines the fact that it has been postponed does not seem official ... at least from what I understand the postponed concerts are those named in the first paragraph.

it is not clear, in my opinion they have to wait longer to be able to say if the August concerts are also postponed. For now they have postponed those of May and early June

• Like 1

I hope so too that it's only postponed - but from what Mika said today, I don't think we'll get a new date, probably he won't even agree to announce one by a certain date, like they say July 31st. He's right, it's all too unsure.

I suppose it'll depend on the decisions by Italian government. In France everything is cancelled until mid-July, in Germany and Belgium it's end of August. I didn't hear anything about Italy yet, as for gigs and festivals, but I doubt it'll be less strict there.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mellody said:

I suppose it'll depend on the decisions by Italian government. In France everything is cancelled until mid-July, in Germany and Belgium it's end of August. I didn't hear anything about Italy yet, as for gigs and festivals, but I doubt it'll be less strict there.

Yes, the government didn't say anything at the moment. 

I would think the whole Summer season will be cancelled, and maybe the whole 2020. 

In the happy path scenario we will have a vaccine at the end of the year, so 2021 will be ok, but at this moment we don't know

• Like 3

As I said, now I'm almost hoping it will be postponed because I don't want to be in the situation that the concert takes place but I can't leave the country... I know it's selfish but that would break my heart. Now you need a valid reason (visiting your family etc.) to cross the borders. I've also planned to save more money for summer but last month I lost my job (I'm helping out in a travel & tour agency). But from what I read in the translation of the article, I don't see the other dates happening either. Sure they start with the sooner dates but it's similar with holiday this year - month by month they are returning the money (or a voucher), now it affects only reservations till May but it's already pretty sure our family holiday in July won't happen either, we just have to wait till June to get the money back or to get a voucher for the next year. And also based on Mika's words yesterday, it seems to me he thinks no more concerts are going to happen this year as he is already focusing on the next one.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

As I said, now I'm almost hoping it will be postponed because I don't want to be in the situation that the concert takes place but I can't leave the country... I know it's selfish but that would break my heart. Now you need a valid reason (visiting your family etc.) to cross the borders. I've also planned to save more money for summer but last month I lost my job (I'm helping out in a travel & tour agency). But from what I read in the translation of the article, I don't see the other dates happening either. Sure they start with the sooner dates but it's similar with holiday this year - month by month they are returning the money (or a voucher), now it affects only reservations till May but it's already pretty sure our family holiday in July won't happen either, we just have to wait till June to get the money back or to get a voucher for the next year. And also based on Mika's words yesterday, it seems to me he thinks no more concerts are going to happen this year as he is already focusing on the next one.

I am so sorry for your job😔 yes, it will probably go as you are saying❤️

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Anna-is-golden said:

I am so sorry for your job😔 yes, it will probably go as you are saying❤️

It's ok, I'm a student and I don't need the money for living but I was saving money for summer (which now seems "unnecessary" anyway). Unfortunately, as there are no more tourists in the city and gatherings are forbidden, the agency I work for had to stop its activity. I also should accompany authors on the book fair in May as an interpreter like last year (I study Translation studies) but the book fair has been cancelled this year. So I have to say even though I have some savings, I would prefer not to spend money for the trip right now... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

But from what I read in the translation of the article, I don't see the other dates happening either. Sure they start with the sooner dates but it's similar with holiday this year - month by month they are returning the money (or a voucher), now it affects only reservations till May but it's already pretty sure our family holiday in July won't happen either, we just have to wait till June to get the money back or to get a voucher for the next year. And also based on Mika's words yesterday, it seems to me he thinks no more concerts are going to happen this year as he is already focusing on the next one.

I agree. And It doesn't depend only on Mika. It is his band that has to travel and all the people who work for him that are many people. Those who take the trucks with the instruments, those who set up the stage for him. There are too many things and too many people to move in a concert and this summer I see it almost impossible. And as you say, Mika made it quite clear yesterday.     Still don't know what will happen with the ones in Spain but i think it's a matter of time they cancel them.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

There's new info on the Arena's website - tho I think it's only about the opera events, but it says August, so maybe they also plan to do the Mika gig like that - the stage in the center of the arena and the audience on the tribunes, so there's enough distance: https://www.arena.it/arena/en/pages/festival-2020-en.html ... Let's see if a) they plan that also for the pop concerts, b) if Mika agrees to this and c) if yes, how they'll distribute the tickets already bought.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, mellody said:

There's new info on the Arena's website - tho I think it's only about the opera events, but it says August, so maybe they also plan to do the Mika gig like that - the stage in the center of the arena and the audience on the tribunes, so there's enough distance: https://www.arena.it/arena/en/pages/festival-2020-en.html ... Let's see if a) they plan that also for the pop concerts, b) if Mika agrees to this and c) if yes, how they'll distribute the tickets already bought.

Idk but it seems to me that there would be much fewer seats and the concert is already almost sold out so I don't think there would be enough space... :dunno: Also I guess keeping distance works better at a classical concert where people sit down silently than at a pop concert where the audience is more lively. Tbh I don't think it can take place under these conditions. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mellody said:

Hmmm. At least any proposition for concerts in big arenas. I don't know if I would like to participate in such MIka's gigs.

Let's wait. Anyway it is already great that agencies are looking for new solutions already for August.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

Idk but it seems to me that there would be much fewer seats and the concert is already almost sold out so I don't think there would be enough space... :dunno: Also I guess keeping distance works better at a classical concert where people sit down silently than at a pop concert where the audience is more lively. Tbh I don't think it can take place under these conditions. 

You're right about the silently sitting down vs dancing and loudly singing. But it's not nearly sold out, look at the seating map on the ticketone.it website. And it seems they want to fill all the tribunes, the whole circle, while the tickets for Mika are only a half circle - I bet the opera shows are sold out as well, so I'm sure they've considered the space issues. And it wouldn't be the first time Mika performs on a stage in the center of an arena.

There's a lot of other issues of course, like his band and crew having to get there from abroad, people not staying in their seats, as you say, and much more. So I agree it's not likely. But it seems to be more likely than before, when I was 99% sure it'd be cancelled. Now I'm only about 90% sure. :lol3:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I agree with you.. 😕 we’ll see

9 hours ago, mellody said:

You're right about the silently sitting down vs dancing and loudly singing. But it's not nearly sold out, look at the seating map on the ticketone.it website. And it seems they want to fill all the tribunes, the whole circle, while the tickets for Mika are only a half circle - I bet the opera shows are sold out as well, so I'm sure they've considered the space issues. And it wouldn't be the first time Mika performs on a stage in the center of an arena.

There's a lot of other issues of course, like his band and crew having to get there from abroad, people not staying in their seats, as you say, and much more. So I agree it's not likely. But it seems to be more likely than before, when I was 99% sure it'd be cancelled. Now I'm only about 90% sure. :lol3:

Yes i agree with you too

it would be better for the concert to be postponed and done in a greater way the next year, rather than to be done anyway but having to comply with all the rules😔 also because lots of people who already bought the ticket from other countries, I don't know if they want to come to Italy in such a bad period 🥺

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Anna-is-golden said:

They say they are postponing all the events of summer 2020 to summer 2021

https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%3A%2F%2Flne.app.box.com%2Fv%2FComunicato-Assumusica

But still anything about Mika

08D03CDE-8148-4079-B756-408C6FAF6560.jpeg

Maybe because Mika himself doesn't want to reschedule events as long as we don't know how long this crisis will last...... Like he said to Deb during her IG live.... 

• Like 5