CANCELLED: 2020 - Mika @ Arena di Verona, Italy, 10 August

mellody

Just now, Anna-is-golden said:

I hope too😓

I have to say this is by far the most expensive ticket I've ever bought so I'm really quite angry now. There would be no problem with a voucher if the concert gets rescheduled, I already have one concert ticket and one festival ticket for the next year (no Mika) but now I'll get a voucher with an expiration date and I don't know if there will be any Mika gigs in Italy I can attend to use it. And I won't travel to Italy to see any other show, also there might be gigs I won't be able to attend because of the distance, date etc. At least you should receive your money back if you don't use the voucher and it expires. It's a lot of money.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

:mfr_lol: But yeah, I wasn't worried about the ticket until now... I hope there will be some new Mika dates soon because otherwise I won't use the voucher. :emot-sad:

I think vouchers are valide long enough - I hope too -  that Mika will perform somewhere .... where we can use the vouchers.

• Like 1

Le date estive del Revelation Tour di MIKA sono annullate

Pubblicato il 18 Giugno 2020

In ottemperanza alle disposizioni per evitare il diffondersi del COVID-19, Barley Arts è spiacente di comunicare che i concerti del Revelation Tour di Mika previsti per mercoledì 15 luglio a Perugia, martedì 4 agosto a Taormina, giovedì 6 agosto a Riola Sardo (OR) e lunedì 10 agosto all’Arena di Verona sono annullati.

Sarà possibile fare richiesta di voucher ai circuiti di biglietteria entro e non oltre il 31 luglio 2020. Per maggiori informazioni sulle modalità di inoltro della richiesta, consultare il sito del circuito di biglietteria che ha emesso il biglietto.

Per il concerto di Perugia, consultare la sezione FAQ sul sito di Umbria Jazz.

Mercoledì 15 Luglio 2020

Perugia, Umbria Jazz  – Arena Santa Giuliana

ANNULLATO

Martedì 4 Agosto 2020

Taormina (ME), Teatro Antico

ANNULLATO

Giovedì 6 Agosto 2020

Riola Sardo (OR), Parco dei Suoni

ANNULLATO

Lunedì 10 Agosto 2020

Arena di Verona

ANNULLATO

English

The summer dates of the MIKA Revelation Tour are canceled

In compliance with the provisions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, Barley Arts is sorry to report that Mika's Revelation Tour concerts scheduled for Wednesday 15 July in Perugia, Tuesday 4 August in Taormina, Thursday 6 August in Riola Sardo (OR) and Monday 10 August at the Arena di Verona are canceled.

It will be possible to request vouchers from the ticket circuits by and no later than 31 July 2020. For more information on how to forward the request, consult the website of the ticket circuit that issued the ticket.

For the Perugia concert, consult the FAQ section on the website Umbria Jazz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So the voucher will be valid for 18 months.

image.thumb.png.cf768cf89eeb2d68e5ae1e75b010bcb9.png

I wonder if that's true for all vouchers or if the ticket sellers can decide that.

Also I wonder, 18 months from what date? The date of the gig? They say they might take a while to issue all the vouchers, so if they take 3 months, will the voucher be valid from then on?

As I said on Twitter, it's rubbish that the voucher expires. Why can't they just issue vouchers that expire only in 5 years, or at least have some sort of rule that if there aren't any gigs by the same artist by the time the voucher expires, it won't expire or you'd get the money back then?! In Germany you get your money back if the voucher isn't used until the end of 2021. But I think that's the laws which are different, they made these especially due to Corona, to protect the production companies, ticket sellers, etc. - which is ok for me, as long as customers are also protected in some way, as it's the case in Germany (here you can also get your money back right now if you have serious financial problems, and you'll get it back after 2021 in any case).

I'm seriously a bit annoyed that Mika cancelled these gigs instead of postponing them, even if that might've meant having to postpone them again in 2021. Remembering what he said on the MFC live, iirc it was more or less that his US management advised him not to make any gig plans until you can tell for sure that it'll be safe they'll happen - while I still think this is true, no one knows what'll happen in 2021, I think he / his management should've taken a look at the local rules for reimbursement in the respective countries, before cancelling everything. For France and Spain it's looking good, I think also in the US people got their money back. But in Italy that's a different story, and especially with Verona, which would've been a huge meetup for fans from all over Europe (or even the world), with very expensive tickets (same for Taormina, I think they were even more expensive). I hope they realize they made a mistake with this and find a solution that everyone can live with.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, mellody said:

But I think that's the laws which are different, they made these especially due to Corona, to protect the production companies, ticket sellers, etc. - which is ok for me, as long as customers are also protected in some way,

That's why I tried to send an email to the European Consumer Centres Network because I think it's a really customer-unfriendly refund policy. I already got in touch with them once and they replied, even though it wasn't really helpful back then. However, they know the laws in different EU countries and they can help you if you need information about your rights in such situations. I don't think it will help but at least I want to know if it's legal according to the Italian law. I get that they want to protect the business but not under these conditions... 

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

I wonder if that's true for all vouchers or if the ticket sellers can decide that.

Also I wonder, 18 months from what date? The date of the gig? They say they might take a while to issue all the vouchers, so if they take 3 months, will the voucher be valid from then on?

As I said on Twitter, it's rubbish that the voucher expires. Why can't they just issue vouchers that expire only in 5 years, or at least have some sort of rule that if there aren't any gigs by the same artist by the time the voucher expires, it won't expire or you'd get the money back then?! In Germany you get your money back if the voucher isn't used until the end of 2021. But I think that's the laws which are different, they made these especially due to Corona, to protect the production companies, ticket sellers, etc. - which is ok for me, as long as customers are also protected in some way, as it's the case in Germany (here you can also get your money back right now if you have serious financial problems, and you'll get it back after 2021 in any case).

I'm seriously a bit annoyed that Mika cancelled these gigs instead of postponing them, even if that might've meant having to postpone them again in 2021. Remembering what he said on the MFC live, iirc it was more or less that his US management advised him not to make any gig plans until you can tell for sure that it'll be safe they'll happen - while I still think this is true, no one knows what'll happen in 2021, I think he / his management should've taken a look at the local rules for reimbursement in the respective countries, before cancelling everything. For France and Spain it's looking good, I think also in the US people got their money back. But in Italy that's a different story, and especially with Verona, which would've been a huge meetup for fans from all over Europe (or even the world), with very expensive tickets (same for Taormina, I think they were even more expensive). I hope they realize they made a mistake with this and find a solution that everyone can live with.

It looks like it's only in Italy that the government decided to issue vouchers and no money refund.

"According to Article 88 of the Decree Law No. 18 dated March, 17 2020, converted to the Law 27/2020, as amended by the Decree Law No. 34 dated May, 19 2020 (Article 183 Paragraph 11), Ticketmaster Italia inform you that the tickets for the events that were scheduled between March, 8 2020 and September, 30 2020 and that got cancelled or rescheduled, will be reimbursed through a voucher, if requested by each Event Organizer".

Even in Italy people are questioning this law and it may land down in Europeean Commision.

For example I have Ryanair vouchers for my cancelled flight to La Rochelle. They are valid for 12 months. And if I don't use them I will be refunded after that period. And it was clearly said. As well I had a possiblity to have cash back - of course it would take more time than usual. But as I know that I will travel I decided not to request money back. It was MY choice.

The same for Francofolies festival ticket - I have a choice to have my money back or keep the ticket for the next year.

We'll see in the future. Maybe it was a better choice for the gig cancellation instead if rescheduling? We don't know all these tricks behind contracts.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It looks like it's only in Italy that the government decided to issue vouchers and no money refund

In Germany it's a similar law that they made due to Corona, just with more rights for the customer, as I said. But for now you also have to accept vouchers in most cases here in Germany. It's criticized by many, especially since this applies retrospectively for all tickets you bought before March 8, usually this isn't possible.

I do think it's against EU laws, maybe you'd even get your money back if you sued them - but who would want that hassle? I just hope when the Corona situation relaxes they'll be more customer-friendly again. If they aren't told off by the EU by then, they'll surely get lots of angry mails when the vouchers are about to expire and people couldn't use them by then. Getting a shitstorm on socials might be worse for them than having to reimburse the money or extend the validity of the voucher. But right now, everything is up in the air anyway. All we can do is hope. :dunno:

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for an information email from the seller …..:fisch:

Along with the fact that we've got no alternative choice , I find very unfair that we also have to ask for the voucher as it should be automatically sent to everyone 

For example the tennis tournament in Roland Garros has been postponed later this year and as they don't know how (and if) they will be able to have spectators , all the tickets have been automatically refounded and they will announce later how to buy new ones if it's possible . 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, carafon said:

I'm still waiting for an information email from the seller …..:fisch:

Along with the fact that we've got no alternative choice , I find very unfair that we also have to ask for the voucher as it should be automatically sent to everyone 

I find the whole formulation "It will be possible to request vouchers from the ticket circuits by and no later than 31 July 2020." very rude! I mean, it's their duty. I know it's not their fault that the concert can't take place but it isn't our fault either. We paid for something, we didn't get it and now we have almost no rights to get our money back? If I won't request my voucher until the 31st July, then they just keep my money for nothing? That's so unfair. I really wasn't worried about the refund till Thursday but I could never imagine it will be so bad. Now I feel quite scammed. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I find the whole formulation "It will be possible to request vouchers from the ticket circuits by and no later than 31 July 2020." very rude! I mean, it's their duty. I know it's not their fault that the concert can't take place but it isn't our fault either. We paid for something, we didn't get it and now we have almost no rights to get our money back? If I won't request my voucher until the 31st July, then they just keep my money for nothing? That's so unfair. I really wasn't worried about the refund till Thursday but I could never imagine it will be so bad. Now I feel quite scammed. 

Yeah, customer relations doesn't really seem to be a thing in Italy, apparently. :dunno:

Anyway iirc it was you who bought my spare Verona tickets? I'll take care of requesting the vouchers for the tickets I bought - will see if they need a name or not, and I'll send the voucher to you once I have it. But they said it might take a while til we get them.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yeah, customer relations doesn't really seem to be a thing in Italy, apparently. :dunno:

Anyway iirc it was you who bought my spare Verona tickets? I'll take care of requesting the vouchers for the tickets I bought - will see if they need a name or not, and I'll send the voucher to you once I have it. But they said it might take a while til we get them.

I just have my own ticket, I didn't buy yours. I know I asked if you still have them but later I got better ones on TicketOne.

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 1

Hey Mellody, I think it was Zlata who bought tickets from you.

And I don't know if the vouchers' name changes would work like tickets name change - I mean the new person has to have an account on TicketOne or Ticketmaster.

We will see later.

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska

12 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hey Mellody, I think it was Zlata who bought tickets from you.

And I don't know if the vouchers' name changes would work like tickets name change - I mean the new person has to have an account on TicketOne or Ticketmaster.

We will see later.

Ah ok, thanks. Sorry @giraffeandy for the confusion! :doh: I had 14 tickets for 6 gigs in 3 countries this summer, some of them bought for friends, some of them I decided later I wouldn't need them (like Carcassonne, after Verona was announced), some for myself and my son... so it's rather confusing to get it all sorted now. :aah: I'm very glad about the ones with an automatic refund, like Disneyland or Cap Roig!

And I'm also very glad that I hadn't booked any travels yet, sometimes it does have advantages to be such a huge procrastinator. 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, maggie112 said:

We are now hoping the law to adjust, it could be possible to be able to have the money back (without commissions) after the voucher has expired, but at the moment yes, it quite sucks 

Exactly - to get money back when the voucher expires.

This is what did Ryanair for the flight tickets. I wanted to go to La Rochelle for the 14th of July and as it was cancelled, Francofolies do the money refunds. Hopefully for the flights Ryanair cancelled my flights as well and they proposed money (but you have to wait for several months) or vouchers. The voucher is for 12 months and after this if I don't use it I will have my money back. And I find it fair. I decided to keep vouchers because I know I will use them - maybe even  for Francofolies 2021? Or I will have my money back next year.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mellody said:

Ah ok, thanks. Sorry @giraffeandy for the confusion! :doh: I had 14 tickets for 6 gigs in 3 countries this summer, some of them bought for friends, some of them I decided later I wouldn't need them (like Carcassonne, after Verona was announced), some for myself and my son... so it's rather confusing to get it all sorted now. :aah: I'm very glad about the ones with an automatic refund, like Disneyland or Cap Roig!

And I'm also very glad that I hadn't booked any travels yet, sometimes it does have advantages to be such a huge procrastinator. 😅

Good luck …… at least you know how to keep your holiday busy :naughty:

• Haha 2

On 6/18/2020 at 9:52 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I have just received an email from Ticketmaster.it about the voucher request.

Did anybody receive an email from TicketOne? :wait: