carafon

mellody

Anna Ko Kolkowska

Aude Rey - show highlights

PRESS

Short Article

247productions

Mika - Revelation Tour 2020

Final night of the Revelation European Tour in Strasbourg France.

“Stay High!” Artist + Creatiive Direction Mika @mikainstagram Yasmine Penniman @dawack 24/7 Productions 247productions

Musical Director/Guitars - Tim Vanders
Bass - Max Taylor @maxtaylortaylor
Drums - Wouter Van Tornhout @woutervantornhout
Keys - Mitch Yoshida

Tour and Production Management
@247productions

Tour management Mark Pickard for 24/7 Productions
@MarkPickard

Production Manager Tori Lucion for 24/7 Productions
@toriLucion

Production Advance Cara McDaniel for 24/7 Productions
@mcwitchy24

Production/Stage Manager George Doherty for 24/7 productions
@georgedohertyofficial

Production Coordinator - Martin Wright
@mgw911

Production Assistant - Eva Martin
@3evamartin

FOH Engineer - Eric Spring

Lead System Tech - Billy Bryson
@bgbryson

System Techs - Jethro Hall
@jethrojhall
@james.cog

Monitors - Laura Davis
@thesoundbird

Monitor Tech - Robyn Hannah
@robynhannah_

Playback & Keyboard - Luke Oldham
@laoldham

Guitars & Drums - Alex Barclay

Lighting Design - Vince Foster
@vinchenzospoonjanja

Lighting Crew Chief - Skippy Monk
@skippymonk

Lighting Technicians -
Kaz Horton
Brendan Swanton
Dennis ‘Bear’ Brown

Scenic Set Carpenter- Cal Short
@Kato_Cal
Set Carpenter/Automation Op - Alex Burrow
@aburrows94

Set Carpenter/Marley Tech - Josh Perree @joshperree
Styling - Paloma Penniman  @palomanewshoney

Amazing catering staff @bitetourcatering

@cribs17
@danj960
@edenmyall
@paul_fearns

Busses - Phoenix Bussing - @phoenixbussing
Trucking - Fly By Nite
Audio - Ad Lib - @adlib.co.uk
Lights - Christie Lites - @christielitessales
Staging - Brilliant - @brilliantstages

84330339_195545554861855_1610163254037656178_n.thumb.jpg.aa7854e4d3f8c7736b59436758e6af32.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So, it was my return to Strasbourg's zenith, ten years after my first concert  

For me it was a better night that Luxembourg's. It was far more difficult to have a good spot this time, since the doors opening was a total mess -it was really a hard job for those who tried to organize it and it as essentially a big race with the numbers system totally destroyed so in this point of view, it was a lot more stressful. Plus, there was a lot more poeple since the early morning, so really, it wasn't easy and I felt just so stressed out as I hoped I could keep my place and all... But in the end, I managed to have some good second row spot, just where Mika is the more often, so it was a good ending. 

That said, all the rest was better for me : this time I wasn't alone and I talked with people, and laughed and all, so it was a lot more fun (anyway, before the mess). I felt better physically (not headache this time and not weakness). The show was the same as usual, but it was more intense, now I already knew how it was, and it was so good once time again. The audience was good, and, this time, people weren't screaming when he asked for silence. :thumb_yello: The songs and all, we already all know it, and my favorites didn't change : the silent ending of Underwater, the without-mic Happy Ending and Paloma and in the other hand Tomorrow, Love Today, Platform Ballerinas and Relax (I will never have enough of this singing audience), took me in another world again. 

I'm so happy also, and especially, because this time, I had some real contacts with Mika and that's priceless. It's not the firt time it's happening to me, but I must say it wasn't the case at Luxembourg and I was just so happy it was the case this time. We had eyes-to-eyes contacts, and one I couldn't even hold since it was so… I Don't know why exactly, but it makes me this each time. He really looks at us… :wub2:

I lived the better final in my life : Mika clearly aimed his big balloons on us ; me and the others who were there, I suppose we will be a lot to say that. It was so fun ! :biggrin2: He also invited all his team to come at the end. 

It was a real emotionnal roller-coaster. When Mika talked, it was with some mentions of the end of the tour  ( :tears: ), then some funny stuffs about St-Valentines and fairy tales… He also talked about his mum :sad: and finished with so adorable thanks... Really, it was intense and I felt all the possible emotions in less than two hours…  I'm so hppy, and in the same time, the PMD is coming. My heart is hurting when I think I will have to wait until the summer… But it was so good… 

I'm so happy. Plus I shared my joy with my family, my little brothers and sister who were real little fans… It was just perfect… 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Here's my videos:

Talk before Dear Jealousy:

Talk during Relax:

I understand most of the story he tells, as it's similar to what he said in Utrecht in English... But what does he say in the beginning? Something about February 14, that's all I understand.

Talk before Big Girl:

Bit of Tiny Love, with @Anna Ko Kolkowska 's paper hearts:

End of Underwater :wub2:

Talk before EMD:

I understand something about him sitting alone in a café together with a heart-shaped balloon, do I get that right? And at some point he starts talking about his Mum, that she can't dance anymore. And that the most complicated loves are the strongest ones. But if someone could give a proper translation / summary, that'd be much appreciated. :blush:

During EMD, with his 'crazy dance' (I love it! :lustslow: )

Lollipop intro, part one - they played Frere Jaques and of course we couldn't resist and sang the German version. :teehee: Video's not very interesting tho from our perspective, you can only see his legs.

Lollipop intro part 2, with Mika telling a story:

Happy Ending off-mic - it was breathtaking, the video can't do justice to the atmosphere in that venue. :swoon:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

Uploading my videos here:

Talk before Relax:

I understand most of the story he tells, as it's similar to what he said in Utrecht in English... But what does he say in the beginning? Something about February 14, that's all I understand.

In the very beginning of your video he says :

« For every s**tty February 14th that I have had in my life... »

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Clemnc said:

In the very beginning of your video he says :

« For every s**tty February 14th that I have had in my life... »

Thanks! I hope someone has filmed the beginning, I didn't think he'd tell a story for Relax, so I only started filming later. 🙈 

Edit: I'll continue uploading videos & will write a report tomorrow evening, too tired now.

• Like 3

Thank you all so much for your Photos and Video s and Reports you Share. my English is not good enough to write a report. I'll spare you that. it was very nice to meet friends. Mika as always great, and I had the impression that he was back, really unique.

I was in a small hall and in a big one, both of them were unique.the Mika came out after the show and talked to us and autographs gave it was just such a great luck and the most beautiful end of the day because you can wish.

@mellody sollte ziemlich vom Anfang an sein

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mellody said:

Talk before EMD:

I understand something about him sitting alone in a café together with a heart-shaped balloon, do I get that right? And at some point he starts talking about his Mum, that she can't dance anymore. And that the most complicated loves are the strongest ones. But if someone could give a proper translation / summary, that'd be much appreciated. :blush-anim-cl:

Happy Ending off-mic - it was breathtaking, the video can't do justice to the atmosphere in that venue. :swoon:

Yeah ,you got the right translation

He also said that it's strange that if you love your father you have to pay for it on the day someone decided ,and if you love your mum you have to pay as well …...so what if you don't love "love" ? 

As for HE ,it seems he was soooo pleased that for once there was absolutely no one screaming without any need to ask or pray for silence.

Even if I left the place many years ago ,I'm very proud of my felow Alsasich audience !  👍

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3

@mellody

Here is what he said at the beginning of EMD:

"I just arrived and wanted to have lunch. I entered in a café, quite a normal one. They were only couples sitting.. it's ok, I don't mind. The problem is that they decorated the entire place. They were heart shape balloons everywhere. So I seated and had lunch with a heart. And when everyone else was looking at the other person, I was looking at my heart.
I enjoyed it a lot. It made me think, really that it sucks a bit 14th of February. 
Like if you love your father, they found a day for which you have to pay to show you love him. If we love mum's we have to pay to love mums. And what about if we don't love love, a kind of anti Valentine's day. It's as fair to celebrate complicated loves, like most love stories in life are, they are everything but what you see in cards you buy for 2euros with two teddy bears on it kissing each other. When do we celebrate this kind of love?? So tonight I dedicate this next song to someone I have an extremely complicated love story with, very complicated. But this loves got shown in many different things like in my music, in my writing. As it was a woman who before was dancing as soon as they was an opportunity to and who now can no longer dance, what do we do for a now?
Us, when we are in family reunion and that we are faced to my mum, what is the thing the first thing we do and that we will do tomorrow afternoon before I head to the airport, we will be all together and at a certain out well put the music on and we'll dance. She will watch us, quite expressionless, and she'll be happy because they taught us something fundamental, when life throw sh*** at you, dance.
This song is for all most complicated love stories we have in our lives, and those most complicated ones are the strongest ones"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Stefania Maria Sabau said:

This was my first Mika concert and I just have to say that it was the best concert of my life.

I'm glad that your first Mika concert was so special, enjoy your :cloud:

• Like 2

Here is my report:

The journey from Cracow via Amsterdam to Strasbourg was pleasant, calm an a little bit long.

So what a surprise when I saw two Mika fans at the Amsterdam airport waiting for the same flight to Strasbourg: Solange and Cynthia in person! We took a taxi together as our hotels were very close to each other. It was already 8pm but I was waiting for Zlata who was coming from Czech Republic and she had the same hotel. She arrived pretty late as her UBER car took her to a correct street but not in Eckbolsheim but in Strasburg!!!! She had to take another UBER to come where I already was.

Next day we went to Zenith about 10 am to see how many fans are there. As we had flowers and hearts to distribute for our fan actions we wanted to well planify our little work.

I found some faces I've already known – this is so nice to go to diffrent corners of the world and to feel like home!

Oh, a short anegdote: me, Zlata and Nicole were coming back from lunch and I can see a man riding a bicycle toword us in a little road on the Zenith area. I say: he reminds me of Mitch. And I hear Nicole screamig: Hello Mitch!!!! Yes, it was him :-) It was funny because in the morning I was “complaining” that fans meet Max or Mika in the street and I have never met anybody like this outside a concert.

But I've met a new fan from Moldavia - Irina (hello Irina if you read it). She is very friendly. She had food, drinks, sweets and she was sharing them with everybody. So we have created a post-comunist countries trio: Poland, Czech Republic and Moldavia. And we were distributing our flowers and hearts with laughter and fun. Each time we've seen from afar that soemone was coming to the queue we were „screaming” : new people!!!! And we were distributing our items. Funny thing: sometimes people were not sure what it was about. They thought they should pay for it :-) Anyway I think all of you having standing tickets you know our faces now :-)

The door opened at 6:30pm and we rushed to get the best places possible. I landed in the second row on the left side of the stage right behind.... Solange :-) Zlata and Irina took places right next to me.

I was dreaming to see Mika in his yellow suite. And when the intro has finished and Mika was on stage I was so happy: he was wearing the yellow suite!!!!

The show started. After the first song Mika said that this is the last gig of Revelation Tour and all this decoration, the whole circus will be destroid after. It was a sad news, but hopefully during the show I completely forgot about it.

Than during Relax Mika started to talk about St Valentine's Day. That tonight it's a romantic evening with us all. He said that we are his recompence for all his sh**y Valentine's Days of his life. And that we wants to know us better. And to do it we have to sing. Because when you sing you show more that if you take your clothes of. And we sang “relax, take it easyyyyyyy”.

He continued his litte story about better knowing each other before Big Girl. We will dance together to learn better :-) And he entered the audience of course :-)

Then it was time for Origin of Love and our fan action with flowers. I think it looked really good. The place has changed into a field with colourful flowers. Mika took one flower and played with it during the whole song.

Of course we used our flowers as flags during next songs.

Then for Tiny Love we made the same fan action as in London – the first gig of Revelation Tour. But this time the venue was huge and we distributed hearts only on the floor level (well some of them were even in seated places as well). I wonder if Mika discovered the intention: the first and the last gig. He was smiling. But when you watch the videos I am sure our colouful hearts looked beautiful.

Underwater: of course Mika decided to stop talking and he showed us with his hands how to sing. It was so funny!

Before Elle Me Dit Mika continued his discour about St Valentine's Day. He arrived to Strasbourg and he went to eat breakfast alone in a cafeteria. The place was decorated with heart-shape balloons and everybody was sitting with his beloved and he was alone with his heart (balloon). But it was OK. And then he started to talk about his mum who can't dance anymore but who teached him that when life throws s**t on you – dance!

You can read a translation in a post above by Libellule95.

14 hours ago, Libellule95 said:

Here is what he said at the beginning of EMD:

"I just arrived and wanted to have lunch. I entered in a café, quite a normal one. They were only couples sitting.. it's ok, I don't mind. The problem is that they decorated the entire place. They were heart shape balloons everywhere. So I seated and had lunch with a heart. And when everyone else was looking at the other person, I was looking at my heart.
I enjoyed it a lot. It made me think, really that it sucks a bit 14th of February. 
Like if you love your father, they found a day for which you have to pay to show you love him. If we love mum's we have to pay to love mums. And what about if we don't love love, a kind of anti Valentine's day. It's as fair to celebrate complicated loves, like most love stories in life are, they are everything but what you see in cards you buy for 2euros with two teddy bears on it kissing each other. When do we celebrate this kind of love?? So tonight I dedicate this next song to someone I have an extremely complicated love story with, very complicated. But this loves got shown in many different things like in my music, in my writing. As it was a woman who before was dancing as soon as they was an opportunity to and who now can no longer dance, what do we do for a now?
Us, when we are in family reunion and that we are faced to my mum, what is the thing the first thing we do and that we will do tomorrow afternoon before I head to the airport, we will be all together and at a certain out well put the music on and we'll dance. She will watch us, quite expressionless, and she'll be happy because they taught us something fundamental, when life throw sh*** at you, dance.
This song is for all most complicated love stories we have in our lives, and those most complicated ones are the strongest ones"

Then Lippopop song. Mika changes stories every single time. Now he added Frere Jacques song into it. Mitch was playing piano and Mika was jumping on it. I was watching the trambling instrument I was was really concerned by its state. Well, I don't think Mika will use it anymore so maybe he did not give a s**t? But the story about Cinderella and brother Jacques was very funny (he told it already in Utrecht but I think that each time he changes it a lot).

Happy Ending – what a beautiful version we've heard this night! I haven't recorded it as I wanted to listen to the song and not to do anything else.

For Love Today another fan action was scheduled: balloons. People brought different kinds of balloons: heart-shape, regular balloons of different colours and transparent ballons with heart-shape confettis inside. Mika took on of the last ones and squeezed it over his head. It looked wonderful!

At the end of the song Mika started to mention places ans came from: Strasbourg, Alsace... then he has seen Brasilian flag and then fans from other countries started to shout their coutry names and Mika repeated them. And I showed a panel I've prepared with “POLAND (HEART) MIKA”. He has seen it and mention Poland too!!!!!

We Are Golden – this song, as well as Love Today is so enegretic!!!!

Here fans started to show their printed papers with a word “thank you” in different languages. They supposed to be shown just after the next song, which was Grace Kelly. But it was so natural that fans wanted to thank Mika already during We Are Golden. Mika was so happy again seeing it.

At the beginning of Grace Kelly I had a panic moment: I couldn't find my mobile. I wanted to take some photos of Mika in his dotted suite. I was sure I put it into my little hand bag but I couldn't find it! I was checking my pockets, my hand bag, my big plastic bag with my coat. Nothing! The song was almost over, the big colouful ballons were flying over my head and the light was on. I found my mobile on the floor. Hopefully nobody stepped on it!

I was happy again and I was able to take some photos and videos of Stay High :-) And Mika blowing us a kiss and his heart ❤️

At the end Mika asked his backstage team to come on stage and we could thank them as well for the good job they did.

Then the show was over. I wasn't sad. Mika's gigs give me so much energy. We gathered together with other fans and we decided to tempt the chance and to wait for Mika.

And this time we were lucky. About 0:20 (accoriding the date of my first video) Mika came to the taxi waiting for him. But he walked toword us and started not only talking but signing autographs as well. Hopefully I took with me a booklet from MNIMH album. So I handed it to Mika when he was in from of me. And he signed as well my concert ticket! He made a lot of fans happy this night. He was very generous and talked with almost everybody. He stayed with us for about 20 minutes. I hope everybody had his autoghraph.

On Zlata's video we can see Mika talking with Solange. She asked him about roumors that the Korean gig was cancelled (she will go there and she wanted to know). So Mika answered that he is 100% sure it is not cancelled. He did an interview today and shot a video for this one. But people should wear masks. And they can't have fever.

He continued to sign and talk with other fans. Even with a Brasilian fan from Rio! This fan will go for Mika Rio show of course.

Then Mika jumped into his taxi and left.

It was already very late. Me, Zlata and Irina decided to go back to our hotels. Zlata had an autgraph too. Irina talked to Mika and she told him that she travelled from Moldavia.  You can hear it on this video.

Everybody received an expected gift. We were happy. Many, many fans were happy. Thank you Mika!!!!!

image.thumb.png.877162ed6832c4ece990631b5c8f532c.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

So, time to write a report. 

This gig was so intense - in the sense that everything seemed a little bit brighter, more beautiful, colourful, energetic, emotional. I guess that was because everyone on and off stage felt that it was special because it was the last one in this part of the world for several months. And the last one with this beautiful stage set. I had feared it, and I got translations now from others that Mika has said it at the gig, the stage set will be destroyed after this show. :tears: Anyway I didn't understand that at the gig, so while several times I thought (and said to Saskia) "noo, I don't want this tour and this gig to end!", at least I didn't know then that it'd be the last time I'd see the rainbow stage and the flying piano.

The crowd was very energetic from the moment Mika entered the stage - and wow, they were loud!! Mika looked very happy and it felt like he was very relaxed - sometimes I get the feeling at gigs that he's struggling a bit, with his voice or to keep up the energy - but not this time, it all felt so light and easy, but still full of energy and emotions. He talked a lot, I only understood bits & pieces (tho the acoustics in that venue were awesome, I think it was the first time I actually understood all of Charlotte's lyrics!) but I filmed most of the talking parts, hoping someone will translate them on here (thanks @Libellule95 ! :flowers2:).

I didn't film much apart from that though, also didn't take a lot of pix, I just stood there or danced, in awe of the whole atmosphere, the music, the energy, the emotions. At times I got a bit distracted by the fan actions... after I had forgotten to hold up the "We love you Mika" sheet after Ice Cream (I wasn't the only one though), I did think of the flowers and the paper hearts. The balloons were used randomly throughout the show, instead of for LT as planned, but I couldn't find mine anymore, so no balloon for me (and no distraction :teehee:). The Thank You messages were held up too early, but that was ok, as during TL Reprise / Stay High I just wanted to fully enjoy that last song and not hold up any sheets. I loved the flowers most, and I think so did Mika - so thank you Anna and the others who had organized them, a really beautiful idea! :wub2: They didn't even get thrown on stage in masses, as I had feared before.

I loved Mika's choice of clothing, the yellow suit and the polka dotted one, I had hoped to see these at one of the gigs (had seen the dotted one in Paris, but from far away) and I was lucky. :wub2:

For Big Girl, Mika didn't do his usual round by going down the stairs and then to the other side, but he jumped off the stage on the right side and came directly to where we were standing and stepped on that high part of the barrier, right in front of me. :swoon: I tried not to look like that smiley, tho I felt like it, because I was sure someone would be filming or taking pix of Mika there, with me on them (so far I haven't seen any where I can see myself while M stood up there, so no idea if I succeeded in looking cool :teehee:). I smelled the starch of Mika's shirt, heard his voice without the amplification and had to resist the temptation to touch his hand or arm - didn't even think I'd be tempted to do that... doesn't happen to me at M&G's and when in Brussels he had left the crowd where we stood, I also just took care of making him space. So no idea why it was different this time, but in any case I do understand the fans better now who touch his arm or back when he goes through the crowd, takes some strength to resist! :teehee: 

I wasn't sure whether he'd climb over the barrier there, sometimes he just stands up there and then goes on and chooses another place... but he did, and put his hand on my shoulder while doing so - I've seen a video of that, and I certainly didn't succeed anymore in looking cool at that moment, but rather like :wub2::wub2::fangurl:  - oh well, who wouldn't have? :teehee:🙈

Paloma was the most beautiful version I've heard on the 6 gigs of this tour I've been to where he played it. I nearly cried, and that never happens to me at gigs. Also Happy Ending, especially the off-mic part, was one of the most beautiful versions I've heard.

At some point of the show he mentioned the different countries from which fans had come to see him, and pointed to our group when saying Germany, to which of course we cheered loudly. :biggrin2:

When Love Today started, I was very sad for a moment that the gig was coming towards an end - but when the gig did finish a few songs later, I wasn't sad but just filled with the joy of it all, it felt complete. After Stay High and bowing with the band he got his whole crew on stage to thank them. And the IG video he posted really must've been literally after he left the stage, because we hadn't even left the inside part of the venue when he posted it, tho we were quite fast. :lol:

We then went outside to the back of the venue, where barriers had been standing all day, and waited there - in pretty much the same spot as after the 2016 Strasbourg gig. :teehee: We had lots of fun while waiting, the only downside was that it was rather cold. Miri, who would take a bunch of my friends in her car, wanted to leave soon, so Saskia and me got a bit worried that she'd have to leave soon and miss Mika. But we were lucky. At some point, some of the band members walked out and got in a car, and we gave them some applause. Maybe 2 minutes after that, Mika arrived by foot from inside the fence, but we only recognized him when he got closer. Everyone stayed quiet and in their place, just like after the last Strasbourg gig. :wub2:  It wasn't even that long when he came out, in Luxemburg we had waited much longer... But when he came to us, he said "Sorry it took so long, we had to pack all the stuff" (for the next part of the tour) - I was pretty surprised by that, I really don't mind waiting for him a little, because it means the wonderful evening hasn't ended yet and I can enjoy more time with my friends. And even if he had just waved from the car I'd have been happy, after this intense gig. My only worry was that he might be gone already, because his IG post had sounded like a goodbye. Or that my friends would have to leave before he came.

Anyway, it wasn't a long chat, but it was really nice. He thanked us, we thanked him for the tour. I gave him a letter and he asked me so he could be sure it was a happy one - as I wrote in the other thread, I think sad stories just pull him down too much these days. I assured him it was, then he also asked if I was good and when I answered and asked 'and you?', he said yes, with a little happy smile on his face. :wub2:

We then went along the street to where his car would drive out and did our little Mexican Wave for him, which we always do when we get the chance. I didn't even see Mika this time, the car was too fast, but it's enough to know that he saw our little crazy 'choreography' for him, I hope it makes him feel happy and special in a similar way as he does make us feel. :wub2:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

For the ones who don't understand French very well I've just translated what Mika says at the beginning of the concert, before he sings Relax:

"This date creating stress, the 14th of February, it is a BIG romantic event. You are my reward for all the sh***y 14rh of Feb I've had in my life!
On the 14th of Feb, you meet someone, it has only been a couple of days youve met each other. A coffee break at your place, yes why not.. "coffee".., a small drink maybe, you're about to kiss each other and at the last moment you say "no", because I want to know you. So the person say "ok..", and you say "no, you're not going to remove your clothes, you're going to sing, because if you sing I'll understand much better who you are than if you remove your underwear","oh really","singing reveals much more than panties"
As it is the 14th of Feb and that we're going to spend a very intense evening together, I think it has come the time to get to know each other. 
So Strasbourg... This is my lover voice, I reveal it to you for the first time, don't get off your clothes, sing with me."

Tell me if you would like any other translation!

Thanks @Anna Ko Kolkowska  and @mellody for the videos and reports, great memories of a wonderful evening!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, mellody said:

So, time to write a report. 

This gig was so intense - in the sense that everything seemed a little bit brighter, more beautiful, colourful, energetic, emotional. I guess that was because everyone on and off stage felt that it was special because it was the last one in this part of the world for several months. And the last one with this beautiful stage set. I had feared it, and I got translations now from others that Mika has said it at the gig, the stage set will be destroyed after this show. :tears:Anyway I didn't understand that at the gig, so while several times I thought (and said to Saskia) "noo, I don't want this tour and this gig to end!", at least I didn't know then that it'd be the last time I'd see the rainbow stage and the flying piano.

The crowd was very energetic from the moment Mika entered the stage - and wow, they were loud!! Mika looked very happy and it felt like he was very relaxed - sometimes I get the feeling at gigs that he's struggling a bit, with his voice or to keep up the energy - but not this time, it all felt so light and easy, but still full of energy and emotions. He talked a lot, I only understood bits & pieces (tho the acoustics in that venue were awesome, I think it was the first time I actually understood all of Charlotte's lyrics!) but I filmed most of the talking parts, hoping someone will translate them on here (thanks @Libellule95 ! :flowers2:).

I didn't film much apart from that though, also didn't take a lot of pix, I just stood there or danced, in awe of the whole atmosphere, the music, the energy, the emotions. At times I got a bit distracted by the fan actions... after I had forgotten to hold up the "We love you Mika" sheet after Ice Cream (I wasn't the only one though), I did think of the flowers and the paper hearts. The balloons were used randomly throughout the show, instead of for LT as planned, but I couldn't find mine anymore, so no balloon for me (and no distraction :teehee:). The Thank You messages were held up too early, but that was ok, as during TL Reprise / Stay High I just wanted to fully enjoy that last song and not hold up any sheets. I loved the flowers most, and I think so did Mika - so thank you Anna and the others who had organized them, a really beautiful idea! :wub2: They didn't even get thrown on stage in masses, as I had feared before.

I loved Mika's choice of clothing, the yellow suit and the polka dotted one, I had hoped to see these at one of the gigs (had seen the dotted one in Paris, but from far away) and I was lucky. :wub2:

For Big Girl, Mika didn't do his usual round by going down the stairs and then to the other side, but he jumped off the stage on the right side and came directly to where we were standing and stepped on that high part of the barrier, right in front of me. :swoon: I tried not to look like that smiley, tho I felt like it, because I was sure someone would be filming or taking pix of Mika there, with me on them (so far I haven't seen any where I can see myself while M stood up there, so no idea if I succeeded in looking cool :teehee:). I smelled the starch of Mika's shirt, heard his voice without the amplification and had to resist the temptation to touch his hand or arm - didn't even think I'd be tempted to do that... doesn't happen to me at M&G's and when in Brussels he had left the crowd where we stood, I also just took care of making him space. So no idea why it was different this time, but in any case I do understand the fans better now who touch his arm or back when he goes through the crowd, takes some strength to resist! :teehee: (I must admit I also couldn't resist but touched his hand for a split second when he had it on the barrier 🙈).

I wasn't sure whether he'd climb over the barrier there, sometimes he just stands up there and then goes on and chooses another place... but he did, and put his hand on my shoulder while doing so - I've seen a video of that, and I certainly didn't succeed anymore in looking cool at that moment, but rather like :wub2: :fangurl:  - oh well, who wouldn't have? :teehee:🙈

Paloma was the most beautiful version I've heard on the 6 gigs of this tour I've been to where he played it. I nearly cried, and that never happens to me at gigs. Also Happy Ending, especially the off-mic part, was one of the most beautiful versions I've heard.

At some point of the show he mentioned the different countries from which fans had come to see him, and pointed to our group when saying Germany, to which of course we cheered loudly. :biggrin2:

When Love Today started, I was very sad for a moment that the gig was coming towards an end - but when the gig did finish a few songs later, I wasn't sad but just filled with the joy of it all, it felt complete. After Stay High and bowing with the band he got his whole crew on stage to thank them. And the IG video he posted really must've been literally after he left the stage, because we hadn't even left the inside part of the venue when he posted it, tho we were quite fast. :lol:

We then went outside to the back of the venue, where barriers had been standing all day, and waited there - in pretty much the same spot as after the 2016 Strasbourg gig. :teehee: We had lots of fun while waiting, the only downside was that it was rather cold. Miri, who would take a bunch of my friends in her car, wanted to leave soon, so Saskia and me got a bit worried that she'd have to leave soon and miss Mika. But we were lucky. At some point, some of the band members walked out and got in a car, and we gave them some applause. Maybe 2 minutes after that, Mika arrived by foot from inside the fence, but we only recognized him when he got closer. Everyone stayed quiet and in their place, just like after the last Strasbourg gig. :wub2: It wasn't even that long when he came out, in Luxemburg we had waited much longer... But when he came to us, he said "Sorry it took so long, we had to pack all the stuff" (for the next part of the tour) - I was pretty surprised by that, I really don't mind waiting for him a little, because it means the wonderful evening hasn't ended yet and I can enjoy more time with my friends. And even if he had just waved from the car I'd have been happy, after this intense gig. My only worry was that he might be gone already, because his IG post had sounded like a goodbye. Or that my friends would have to leave before he came.

Anyway, it wasn't a long chat, but it was really nice. He thanked us, we thanked him for the tour. I gave him a letter and he asked me so he could be sure it was a happy one - as I wrote in the other thread, I think sad stories just pull him down too much these days. I assured him it was, then he also asked if I was good and when I answered and asked 'and you?', he said yes, with a little happy smile on his face. :wub2:

We then went along the street to where his car would drive out and did our little Mexican Wave for him, which we always do when we get the chance. I didn't even see Mika this time, the car was too fast, but it's enough to know that he saw our little crazy 'choreography' for him, I hope it makes him feel happy and special in a similar way as he does make us feel. :wub2:

it´s exactly what I felt that night. I only filmed HE because I wanted to enjoy the gig without a camera in my hands all the time but it was so intense.....

• Like 3

The concert at the Zénith in Strasbourg was wonderful, it was the last date of the European Revelation Tour and there was a crazy energy. :cheer:

Mika and his band were fantastic! We got excited, had fun, let loose with them and it was an incredible concert! :fangurl:

After the concert, despite the tiredness, Mika stopped with each one of us and it was a very beautiful and sharing moment between fans from all over the world. :group_hug:

It was a lot of fun but also embarrassing for me when Tim and Wouter came out, because we were all silent, but my friends, knowing that I have a soft spot for Wouter said: Gabryyyy, Gabryyyy, Gabryyyyy, Wouteeeer! :facepalm:

They turned around and we thanked them, saying they were exceptional. They smiled and thanked us. :wub:

An unforgettable evening! :cloud:

Some pics and videos:

IMG_20200215_122651_008.jpg

1581762775991.jpg

1581762991048.jpg

1581762815004.jpg

1581762852528.jpg

1581762570455.jpg

1581761989728.jpg

1581762207983.jpg

1581762385541.jpg

1581762444771.jpg