Christian Louboutin exhibition Paris 26/02 to 26/07/2020

Anna Ko Kolkowska

The 26th of February a new exhibition will be opened in Paris Palais de la Porte Doree. Till 26/07/2020.

Christian Louboutin will show his artworks.

Thanks to Mika he started to create shoes for men.

So it is obvious that a Mika's corner has been installed.

https://www.palais-portedoree.fr/en/christian-louboutin-exhibition

Christian Louboutin, Exhibition[niste]

26 February to 26 July 2020

From 26 February 2020, the Palais de la Porte Dorée will present a major exhibition devoted to the work and creativity of Christian Louboutin, the internationally renowned footwear designer and key figure in the fashion world.

affiche exposition Christian Louboutin

Designed as an invitation to discover Christian Louboutin’s rich universe, the exhibition will explore every facet of his multi-referential work, in an institution that has played an important role in inspiring his vocation.

From the beginning, Christian Louboutin infused his designs with a great wealth of motifs and colours inspired by his love of art and different cultures. Flamboyant, daring, open to the world, generous and at times caustic, the designer’s creativity is informed by a passion for travel and references from the worlds of pop culture, theatre, dance, literature and cinema.

Christian Louboutin au Palais de la Porte Dorée

Christian Louboutin, Palais de la Porte Dorée © José Castellar

In revealing Christian Louboutin’s inspirations and creative processes, the exhibition will showcase the designer’s vision through a selection of the most precious works from his personal collection and loans from public collections. A large selection of shoes will
be on display, some of which have never been exhibited before. These historic and artistic pieces will be shown alongside a number of exclusive collaborations which pay tribute to Christian Louboutin’s admiration for craftsman’s know how. Some examples include stained glass panels created by the Maison du Vitrail, a Sevillian silver palanquin and a cabaret sculpted in Bhutan.
The exhibition will also unveil collaborations, never seen before, with artists who are important to him: the director and photographer David Lynch, the New Zealand multimedia artist Lisa Reihana, the British designer duo Whitaker Malem, the Spanish choreographer Blanca Li, and the Pakistani artist Imran Qureshi, amongst others.

Panneau de signalétique à l'origine de la vocation de Christian Louboutin

Information panel and crucial drawing at the origin of Christian Louboutin’s vocation © Christian Louboutin

Born in the 12th district of Paris, close to the Palais de la Porte Dorée, Christian Louboutin was fascinated from an early age by the architectural beauty and ornamental richness of the institution, which was one of the earliest influences feeding his love of art and applied
arts. He borrowed a whole repertoire of forms and motifs from the Palais for his first designs, including the Maquereau shoe – made of metallic leather and directly inspired by the iridescence of the fish in the Palais de la Porte Dorée’s tropical aquarium. It was also at the
Palais, a masterpiece of Art deco, that Christian Louboutin, then a young adolescent, noticed a sign forbidding visitors to wear high heeled shoes. This sign subsequently inspired the iconic Pigalle shoe which has been reinvented over the course of the seasons.

With this exhibition, the Palais de la Porte Dorée initiates a new programme of events dedicated to contemporary creation.

Exhibition curator: Olivier Gabet, director of the Musée des Arts Décoratifs.

image.png.97c3066605b6bda627a9822a52f7a479.png

image.png.e6611b32524cb5c75357bbb6d687006e.png

Just to remind you - some videos about this friendship.

And Mika's story from February 2019 when he shown us his private collection of Louboutin shoes.

• Like 6

https://www.actionbeaute.com/lhistoire-des-louboutin-de-mika-2/

L’HISTOIRE DES LOUBOUTIN DE MIKA

Mika et Christian Louboutin à leur arrivée pour la soirée de vernissage de l’exposition « Jean Paul Gaultier » qui a eu lieu au Grand Palais à Paris le 30 mars 2015.

mika louboutin expo-gaultier-

Avez-vous remarqué les chaussures de couleur vive, à la semelle rouge que porte Mika? Il s’avère qu’elles ont été créés pour la pop star internationale par le célèbre créateur de chaussures Christian Louboutin.

Certes, Mika est connu pour une sensibilité avant-gardiste. Il a été à la mode depuis l’enfance, élevé avec trois sœurs et un frère dans un appartement de Londres qui abritait aussi l’atelier de sa mère styliste de vêtements pour enfants.

RANTUS ORLATO PYTHON CRYSTAL

RANTUS ORLATO PYTHON CRYSTAL Christian Louboutin

Ça parait surprenant, mais Mika n’a jamais été obsédé par les chaussures. « Je n’aime pas tellement les chaussures, » dit-il. « Je veux dire, je les aime, mais pas assez pour avoir 2000 paires. »

chaussures mika

Chaque dernière paire dans sa « collection haut de gamme » sont des Louboutins, envoyées par le célèbre créateur lui-même. C’est un signe de reconnaissance à Mika qui a inspiré à Christian Louboutin le lancement de la ligne de chaussures pour hommes en premier lieu.

Christian-Louboutin-et-Mika_visuel_galerie2

Mais Mika porte des Louboutins pour des raisons pratiques . « Il ya cinq ans, j’ai eu beaucoup de problèmes aux pieds», explique Mika. « Après avoir fait une très longue tournée européenne , je n’étais même plus capable de marcher. » C’est en effet la sœur de Mika, Paloma Penniman, qui fit appel à Louboutin.

mika louboutin

chaussures Mika (2)La basket Louis s’ajoure d’œillets métalliques pour un style plus structuré et avant gardiste. Les baskets Mika On Stage sont nées.

Le concepteur a ensuite travaillé avec Mika pour « développer cette chaussure qui me permet de danser tout en étant jolie sur scène. Parce que les chaussures de danse, les trucs que vous pouvez obtenir dans les magasins de danse, sont confortables et flexibles, mais vraiment trop moches. » Louboutin a renforcé la pointe de la chaussure pour homme, permettant à Mika de danser sur ses points sans avoir mal aux orteils.

MILAN, ITALY - APRIL 21:  Mika performs at the Mediolanum forum on April 21, 2010 in Milan, Italy.  (Photo by Morena Brengola/Getty Images) Mika au Mediolanum forum  à Milan, 21 avril 2010 (Photo by Morena Brengola/Getty Images)

Et voilà ce que vous pouvez lire sur le site officiel Christian Louboutin:
« Au cœur de chaque Louboutin Homme il y a un show man, et la pose Loubi Cool a été créé par un ami proche de la marque, un homme internationale de style, avec une collection enviable de semelles rouges. Dans l’équipe Louboutin, la pose a été rapidement répliquée, et avec le lancement de Louboutin Homme, elle est devenue une signature! Faire partie de #LouboutinWorld est facile – il suffit de se mettre sur la pointe des pieds et de taguer vos images avec #LoubiCool pour une chance de paraître sur le site. »
 Mais même s’il les appelle « super-stylish » (super stylisées), Mika est toujours surpris à la façon dont elles sont devenues populaires. « Les hommes qui achètent ces chaussures savent-ils qu’ils portent des chaussures conçues pour qu’un homme puisse danser sur ses pointes sur scène? Est-ce qu’ils réalisent qu’ils portent des chaussures à pointes ? »

mika bruno orlato printed pony Louboutin

BRUNO ORLATO PRINTED PONY collection printemps été 2014 Christian Louboutin

louboutin mika the voice

RANTUS ORLATO Christian Louboutin

mika christian louboutin

Christian Louboutin filme Mika pour son livre d’art collector publié en 2011 pour fêter ses 20 ans de création. Toutes les égéries et amis du créateur dont Mika ont répondu présent pour participer à ce livre évènement.

grevin_2

Maintenant, quand vous verrez Mika sautiller et danser sur ses pointes, vous ne pourrez pas vous empêcher de penser aux fameuses Louboutin pour homme !

les louboutin de mika

Google translation into English

Spoiler

THE HISTORY OF MIKA'S LOUBOUTINS

Have you noticed the brightly colored shoes with the red sole worn by Mika? It turns out that they were created for the international pop star by the famous shoe designer Christian Louboutin.

Certainly, Mika is known for an avant-garde sensitivity. It has been fashionable since childhood, raised with three sisters and a brother in a London apartment that also housed his mother’s workshop, a children's clothing designer.

It sounds surprising, but Mika has never been obsessed with shoes. "I don't really like shoes," he said. "I mean, I like them, but not enough to have 2000 pairs. "

mika shoes

Each last pair in his “high-end collection” are Louboutins, sent by the famous designer himself. It was a sign of recognition to Mika that inspired Christian Louboutin to launch the men's shoe line in the first place.

But Mika wears Louboutins for practical reasons. "Five years ago, I had a lot of foot problems," says Mika. "After doing a very long European tour, I was no longer able to walk. It was Mika’s sister Paloma Penniman who called Louboutin.

Mika shoes The Louis basket has metal eyelets for a more structured and avant-garde style. The Mika On Stage sneakers were born.
The designer then worked with Mika to "develop this shoe that allows me to dance while being pretty on stage. Because dance shoes, the stuff that you can get in dance stores, are comfortable and flexible, but really ugly. Louboutin reinforced the toe of the men's shoe, allowing Mika to dance on his points without hurting his toes.

And here is what you can read on the official Christian Louboutin website:
“At the heart of each Louboutin Homme there is a show man, and the Loubi Cool pose was created by a close friend of the brand, an international man of style, with an enviable collection of red soles. In the Louboutin team, the pose was quickly replicated, and with the launch of Louboutin Homme, it became a signature! Being part of #LouboutinWorld is easy - just tiptoe and tag your images with #LoubiCool for a chance to appear on the site. "
 But even if he calls them "super-stylish", Mika is still surprised at how popular they have become. "Do the men who buy these shoes know that they are wearing shoes designed for a man to dance on his spikes on stage? Do they realize they are wearing spiked shoes? "

Christian Louboutin films Mika for his collector's art book published in 2011 to celebrate his 20 years of creation. All the muses and friends of the creator, including Mika, were present to participate in this event book.

Now when you see Mika hopping and dancing in his spikes, you can't help but think of the famous Louboutins for men!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

TF1

50' inside

Publiée le 01 mars 2020 à 03:30

Dans le secret de Christian Louboutin, le chausseur des stars

https://www.tf1.fr/tf1/50-mn-inside/videos/dans-le-secret-de-christian-louboutin-le-chausseur-des-stars-23028960.html

Les semelles rouges de Christian Louboutin ont fait le tour du monde. Aujourd’hui, le chausseur est devenu le chouchou des femmes, qu’elles soient stars ou anonymes. 50’ Inside plonge dans les secrets du plus célèbre des chausseurs.

I can't watch it from Japan from TF1.

Here is the VIMEO link :thumb_yello:

On 3/1/2020 at 6:12 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Today on TF1 at 17:50 in "50inside" there was a documentary about Christian Louboutin and his exhibition. Of course we could see this famous Mika's red converse :thumb_yello:

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

TF1

50' inside

Publiée le 01 mars 2020 à 03:30

Dans le secret de Christian Louboutin, le chausseur des stars

https://www.tf1.fr/tf1/50-mn-inside/videos/dans-le-secret-de-christian-louboutin-le-chausseur-des-stars-23028960.html

Les semelles rouges de Christian Louboutin ont fait le tour du monde. Aujourd’hui, le chausseur est devenu le chouchou des femmes, qu’elles soient stars ou anonymes. 50’ Inside plonge dans les secrets du plus célèbre des chausseurs.

I can't watch it from Japan from TF1.

Here is the VIMEO link :thumb_yello:

a part of Chritian mentions Mika ( Sorry, I don't know what he says )

• Like 3

Thank you Eriko for sharing. Here's approximately what he says.

"Mika is the first person for whom I designed a men shoe collection. He called me once and asked me to make him shoes for performing on stage. I said : "why me? normally I design women shoes." He said : "I have female friends, I have sisters, and when they wear your shoes, something wonderful happens, I don't know what, but they feel carried. And for performing on stage, I need to feel carried." 

The rest is about the shoes he designed for Michael Jackson.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2