Mika tattoo suggestions

Katycat Mikareak

Hi everyone. I have recently decided to get a Mika related tattoo but I have no idea what I want to get. I already have a tattoo of a quote on my rib so I would probably want something else than text (like some of Mika’s artwork, a symbol, picture or just anything simple that would remind me of him). But if there are some lyrics that you’d think would make a great tattoo I’d appreciate it as well🙏🏻❤️

• Like 1

I'm getting a Mika tattoo too, but it's really personal so I'll probably only post about it once it's done.

If you like brightly coloured tattoos then maybe LICM album art, it's full of colour! TBWKTM has some interesting cover art too. In the OOL album booklet there seems to be art for most tracks, which I think Mika designed himself, so if you have a favourite song from that album maybe pick a track and design your own interpretation of it! NPIH has a very bold cover and the songs are certainly deeper for Mika, I think that's why the photos in the album are in black and white  but there's not much art work I think. Then of course there's MNIMH, the album cover alone would make an awesome tattoo!

There's also little things that may represent Mika quite well. Like a dove (even though that's his sister), lollipop girl, the naked man for Boum Boum Boum or even the crying moon. 

Maybe pick one of his albums and go from there. 😊

Edited by TinyLove_CJ
  • Like 2

Well, in the past people have had tattoos of Lollipop Girl, the flying heart, Mika's signature, various designs from the albums - there is a wide choice.

I think someone once got a big tattoo with the quote "Too much candy gonna rot your soul" illustrated with various sweets :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Irem Aytepe said:

Mika heart and wings? I'd like to do it. Or maybe a crown? Mini stars for stardust? Golden stuff? Jealousy syringe?

The jealousy syringe would make a good tattoo, especially if it looked like it was actually going into the skin! Also very colourful!

• Like 4

I'm not into tattoos, but if I was and wanted a Mika-related image, I'd probably use the rainbow floor from his stage set, I loved that so much. :wub2: But well, that's one reason why I don't get tattoos - he might have something even more beautiful on another tour or album artwork in the future, and then I'd think, oh, why didn't I get that one tattooed...? :teehee: So I'll rather draw that rainbow floor on a T-Shirt instead, to wear when I feel like it. :blush-anim-cl:

• Like 4

On 3/2/2020 at 8:41 PM, mellody said:

I'm not into tattoos, but if I was and wanted a Mika-related image, I'd probably use the rainbow floor from his stage set, I loved that so much. :wub2: But well, that's one reason why I don't get tattoos - he might have something even more beautiful on another tour or album artwork in the future, and then I'd think, oh, why didn't I get that one tattooed...? :teehee: So I'll rather draw that rainbow floor on a T-Shirt instead, to wear when I feel like it. :blush-anim-cl:

That’s actually really cute! Thank you❤️

I’ve seen tattoos of doves (palomas 🕊) for Any Other World, and now with Paloma song it has another meaning too 🤩

Ive also seen one tattoo of Happy Ending (I think if I remember well) notes on music pentagram 

I’m not into tattoos myself but I personally prefer simple lyrics tattoos 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maggie112 said:

I’ve seen tattoos of doves (palomas 🕊) for Any Other World, and now with Paloma song it has another meaning too 🤩

Ive also seen one tattoo of Happy Ending (I think if I remember well) notes on music pentagram 

I’m not into tattoos myself but I personally prefer simple lyrics tattoos 😊

@maggie112 reminds me a golden dove on Mika's jacket in 2010.

341143.thumb.jpg.894a54e7faa02fdab5db76c0f00144b4.jpg

341143_w2680.thumb.jpg.f4789175df62c054f2203d8f940d3802.jpg

522198-mika-inaugure-sa-statue-de-cire-au-1000x0-1.jpg.069f9b5f3c0da95140d365fe60e2994f.jpg

522198-mika-inaugure-sa-statue-de-cire-au-1000x0-1.thumb.jpg.8242bc9bc408b1a50cccf323ee0f2afe.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ottimistaaccidentale said:

I did this thing some days ago because I was bored.

I love tattoos and I really want one as soon as possible :D 

Hope you find some inspiration! I also do drawings commissions from 10€ so if you need something more specific you can contact me :)

PicsArt_03-20-10.26.35.jpg

This is great! Wooow😍

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience with tattoo cover ups or know of someone that has done this? Interested in the process of tattooing over another tattoo. Asking for a friend.... 

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to have a tattoo in memory of my grandmother, who died exactly one month ago.  I would like to tattoo her favorite flower, and I also wanted to add a phrase from Mika, but I am a little undecided.
I would like to write this quote from Heroes, “so much harder to love when alive” What do you think?

what I don't want is that it seems that I didn't love her in life (I would never want this to seem, that’s why i am undecided about this phrase), but I would like to express that I haven't had time in the last few months (I lived away from home for university and then the residence where she lived closed the visits because of the virus) to show her my closeness and my affection. In particular because of the virus I couldn't even say goodbye to her as she was about to die. Do you think this sentence fits? I like it a lot

sorry if I wrote my feelings here, I just wanted to talk to someone now and I didn't know who to do it with❤️

Edited by Anna-is-golden
  • Like 1

I would like to specify that the aim is not to tattoo a quote by Mika, but this sentence has rumbled inside my brain since that day she died, and it sounds perfect to me

i would like to have your opinion❤️

Edited by Anna-is-golden

21 hours ago, Anna-is-golden said:

I would like to have a tattoo in memory of my grandmother, who died exactly one month ago.  I would like to tattoo her favorite flower, and I also wanted to add a phrase from Mika, but I am a little undecided.
I would like to write this quote from Heroes, “so much harder to love when alive” What do you think?

what I don't want is that it seems that I didn't love her in life (I would never want this to seem, that’s why i am undecided about this phrase), but I would like to express that I haven't had time in the last few months (I lived away from home for university and then the residence where she lived closed the visits because of the virus) to show her my closeness and my affection. In particular because of the virus I couldn't even say goodbye to her as she was about to die. Do you think this sentence fits? I like it a lot

sorry if I wrote my feelings here, I just wanted to talk to someone now and I didn't know who to do it with❤️

I think it’s a great idea. I don’t find it disrespectful at all❤️go for it

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Anna-is-golden said:

what I don't want is that it seems that I didn't love her in life

I don't think your tattoo idea comes across like this at all. I think it's a lovely idea to remember your grandmother in this way. I can at least begin to understand why you would choose those particular lyrics.

It can be hard to show emotion, even love, when you're apart from someone or if that person is really ill. A few years ago my grandmother got really ill and had to have full time care. I loved her dearly but suddenly my whole life turned upside down because it was like I had to be a different person around her (She became very confused and forgetful). I was just becoming a more independent adult when she died, so it was really only after her death that I began to truly appreciate all that she had done for me throughout my life. Love was always there, but it was like a new kind of love once I'd gone through a tough grieving period. As an adult I began to understand what she might have felt and gone through herself. I hope all of this makes sense 😅

So I don't think your tattoo idea is strange or doesn't make sense, because it does. And it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks, it's a very personal thing for you and having any tattoo means that you'll have that memory for life and you'll always know why you got it and the meaning behind it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2020 at 1:28 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Asking for a friend.... 

It's me. I'm the friend. 😅

I have a tattoo that I do like the shape of but now 3 years later I just don't like the colour. It's too blue! Is it possible to re-colour a tattoo?