Jump to content

CANCELLED: 2020 - Mika @ Cap Roig Festival, SPAIN, 1 August


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, mellody said:

The Cap Roig Website is not working properly anymore for me - the English version just shows a weirdly assymetric loading circle and I can't access the original ticket page either. Might be a sign for cancellation, but I'd prefer if they'd just announce this, instead of taking down (parts of) the website without any comment. :dunno: Well maybe it's just a technical issue, but it has been like that since yesterday night for me.

 

It doesn't work for me either, but no one from the festival has spoken. Many people ask them on fb what is going to happen with the festival but they have no answer.
 

  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. I've been there once and it's a beautiful landscape. There's a botanical garden with all kinds of species of plants and flowers next to the sea.     

@mellody  @Lunari @koningin @maggie112 if you want and have time, you can visit the garden. 

Tickets done    

Posted Images

A friend of mine has contacted the festival organizers and they have replied that Mika's concert is going on. My friend has told them that Mika said he wouldn't do any concert this summer and they have replied that if he has not canceled, his performance go ahead and  when they definitely receive Mika's  cancellation, we will be informed. 

  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

A friend of mine has contacted the festival organizers and they have replied that Mika's concert is going on. My friend has told them that Mika said he wouldn't do any concert this summer and they have replied that if he has not canceled, his performance go ahead and  when they definitely receive Mika's  cancellation, we will be informed. 

I hope it won't take that long 🤷‍♀️

I am quite confident gigs are not happening, in Italy and Spain either, we just would want to have clear answers more than "2020 is gone" 🤦‍♀️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

A friend of mine has contacted the festival organizers and they have replied that Mika's concert is going on. My friend has told them that Mika said he wouldn't do any concert this summer and they have replied that if he has not canceled, his performance go ahead and  when they definitely receive Mika's  cancellation, we will be informed. 

 

Sigh. That sounds like they're sitting it out until either Mika cancels (which he probably won't, as it'd mean he'd be the one who breaches the contract) or the Spanish government decides for August to forbid events or to allow just a few hundred people. In the latter case I suppose they might cancel if the costs are higher than the revenue by just a few hundred guests. In any case I suppose it'll be decided last minute and I'll have to pay a fortune for the flight, if the gig takes place. :aah:

 

Anyway thanks for the info. It's good to know what we can expect, even if I don't like it.

 

What's the situation in Spain with the restrictions, are any events allowed atm, and until when does the current regulation count?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mellody said:

 

Sigh. That sounds like they're sitting it out until either Mika cancels (which he probably won't, as it'd mean he'd be the one who breaches the contract) or the Spanish government decides for August to forbid events or to allow just a few hundred people. In the latter case I suppose they might cancel if the costs are higher than the revenue by just a few hundred guests. In any case I suppose it'll be decided last minute and I'll have to pay a fortune for the flight, if the gig takes place. :aah:

 

Anyway thanks for the info. It's good to know what we can expect, even if I don't like it.

 

What's the situation in Spain with the restrictions, are any events allowed atm, and until when does the current regulation count?

I would really find weird allowing gigs with that many people this Summer 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
speaking about Verona, it would be 20K (of course they are not sold out, but that’s still a lot of people) I know that the Italian ban at the moment is until July 31st, but how could then allow big events just one day (or one week) later? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Mika said himself that he doesn’t see gigs happening, but who knows if he could change his mind if government allows them 😳

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maggie112 said:

I would really find weird allowing gigs with that many people this Summer 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
speaking about Verona, it would be 20K (of course they are not sold out, but that’s still a lot of people) I know that the Italian ban at the moment is until July 31st, but how could then allow big events just one day (or one week) later? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Mika said himself that he doesn’t see gigs happening, but who knows if he could change his mind if government allows them 😳

 

What I expect is the governments allowing events bit by bit - it's what's happening in Germany right now, you can have indoor events up to 50 people and outdoor up to 100 (iirc). These numbers will go up bit by bit. Big events are banned here until August 31st, and if by that time the infection numbers have gone down enough and events with, idk, 1000 people, are allowed again, then a week later they could allow 5000, why not. But I think it'll be happening gradually, agree with you there. If any kind of events are banned until end of July, there won't be huge events a week later.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mellody said:

 

Sigh. That sounds like they're sitting it out until either Mika cancels (which he probably won't, as it'd mean he'd be the one who breaches the contract) or the Spanish government decides for August to forbid events or to allow just a few hundred people. In the latter case I suppose they might cancel if the costs are higher than the revenue by just a few hundred guests. In any case I suppose it'll be decided last minute and I'll have to pay a fortune for the flight, if the gig takes place. :aah:

 

Anyway thanks for the info. It's good to know what we can expect, even if I don't like it.

 

What's the situation in Spain with the restrictions, are any events allowed atm, and until when does the current regulation count?

 

The situation in Spain is quite good. The alarm state ends on June 21. In some areas of Catalonia where I live, they are already in the phase of being able to go to the cinema and theater as long as they do not exceed half the capacity. Concerts in closed halls are allowed but not to gather more than 80 people and if the concerts are outdoors no more than 800. Bars, restaurants and shopping centers have been opened with security measures and it is mandatory to wear a mask. The mask will be mandatory until a vaccine is found, according to the Ministry of Health.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mikasister said:

if the concerts are outdoors no more than 800

 

If they already allow 800 now, I could imagine the gig will take place - the capacity of the venue isn't that big I think? Maybe 2000 or so? And due to Corona many tickets aren't sold, and maybe some who have tickets won't come, so if they stay under 800 they could do it for sure (depending on whether that's still worth it for them financially), if I understand it right? :dunno:

Whether Mika and his band/crew can make it is a different story. I guess we'll have to wait until he's back to work, hopefully in the next few days we'll hear about his further plans.

 

What regulations do they have for concerts of 800 people? Masks for sure, but apart from that - do they need to leave space between the seats, for example?

 

Edit: Just read the terms on the ticket... "4.The organizer reserves the right to change the event program" - so does that mean if Mika can't make it they could just have another singer there instead?! :aah:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, mellody said:

 

If they already allow 800 now, I could imagine the gig will take place - the capacity of the venue isn't that big I think? Maybe 2000 or so? And due to Corona many tickets aren't sold, and maybe some who have tickets won't come, so if they stay under 800 they could do it for sure (depending on whether that's still worth it for them financially), if I understand it right? :dunno:

Whether Mika and his band/crew can make it is a different story. I guess we'll have to wait until he's back to work, hopefully in the next few days we'll hear about his further plans.

 

What regulations do they have for concerts of 800 people? Masks for sure, but apart from that - do they need to leave space between the seats, for example?

 

Edit: Just read the terms on the ticket... "4.The organizer reserves the right to change the event program" - so does that mean if Mika can't make it they could just have another singer there instead?! :aah:

 

People must remain seated and keep enough distance. 

Probably
 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

 

People must remain seated and keep enough distance. 

Probably
 

 

Remain seated at a Mika gig... :aah::sneaky2: I found it even hard to stay seated at the symphonic gig, imagine a normal one - Dear Jealousy, Platform Ballerinas?!! As much as I miss seeing him, it'd certainly have advantages if the gig got cancelled / postponed. :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mellody said:

 

Remain seated at a Mika gig... :aah::sneaky2: I found it even hard to stay seated at the symphonic gig, imagine a normal one - Dear Jealousy, Platform Ballerinas?!! As much as I miss seeing him, it'd certainly have advantages if the gig got cancelled / postponed. :rolleyes:

 

Yeah, I thought the same. I think that in the end it will be canceled, it is unlikely that Mika will postpone it to the next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, maggie112 said:

and what if I used a "one use" credit card which i guess is not valid anymore? 🤷‍♀️

 

Contact and ask them

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

 

 

Tickets will be returned in 48h

 

Thanks. Good to finally get a confirmation. Weird that they said just a few days ago that it's going to happen. 🙄

 

 

1 minute ago, Kumazzz said:

Mika is not in their list..

 

Yes, because his gig is cancelled, not postponed to 2021.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2020 at 10:39 AM, Mikasister said:

 

Contact and ask them

I am hoping money are coming back on the “parent” credit card from which I had created the “one use” credit card I used to buy them. If it doesn’t work, in few days I have to contact them 🤦🏻‍♀️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maggie112 said:

I am hoping money are coming back on the “parent” credit card from which I had created the “one use” credit card I used to buy them. If it doesn’t work, in few days I have to contact them 🤦🏻‍♀️

 

Or ask the company that issued the credit card, what happens in such cases? The festival will just try to use the credit card you paid from. And maybe charge you fees if the money gets sent back. :dunno:

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mellody said:

 

Or ask the company that issued the credit card, what happens in such cases? The festival will just try to use the credit card you paid from. And maybe charge you fees if the money gets sent back. :dunno:

A coworker of mine has his partner working for that bank, and he told me that money should come back to the “parent” credit card because the operation is related to the bank account 🤷🏻‍♀️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Privacy Policy