MFC Site Updates - 2020!

dcdeb

Hi all!

Wanted you all to know that we are looking at ways to improve the Mika Fan Club website -- we're 13 years old and we need a makeover! Well, maybe not a HUGE makeover, but we think there are lots of little things we can do to make things better around here. In addition, Invision, which hosts MFC and is the software that the site uses, will be releasing a new version with a number of improvements soon.

So you might be noticing some changes to some things -- nothing major, don't worry!

For one thing, we've made some tweaks to our home page here:

https://www.mikafanclub.com/index.html/

We have a News Blog there now, which we'll try to keep updated with the latest big news of the day. And we'll also try to add more photos there as well.

Also, we've given the MFC Subtitling Team's videos a little more visibility by adding a special tab along the top of the main menu you see across the top of every page in the dark gray bar.

Screenshot_2020-03-11 Mika Fan Club.png

That link will take you directly to the Subtitling Team's thread and all of their fantastic translated and subtitled videos, making it easier for you to find them. Stasera Casa Mika, the latest Mika interviews and television appearances, all just one click away!

We have a few other changes in mind that we'll be implementing in the next few months, and we're also open to any ideas/suggestions you might have. (Yes, we know, you want an app -- we're looking into it!)

Let us know what you think!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 11

10 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Also, we've given the MFC Subtitling Team's videos a little more visibility by adding a special tab along the top of the main menu you see across the top of every page in the dark gray bar.

This is such a great idea, thank you! :flowers2: 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Hi all!

Wanted you all to know that we are looking at ways to improve the Mika Fan Club website -- we're 13 years old and we need a makeover! Well, maybe not a HUGE makeover, but we think there are lots of little things we can do to make things better around here. In addition, Invision, which hosts MFC and is the software that the site uses, will be releasing a new version with a number of improvements soon.

So you might be noticing some changes to some things -- nothing major, don't worry!

For one thing, we've made some tweaks to our home page here:

https://www.mikafanclub.com/index.html/

We have a News Blog there now, which we'll try to keep updated with the latest big news of the day. And we'll also try to add more photos there as well.

Screenshot_2020-03-11 Mika Fan Club.png

That link will take you directly to the Subtitling Team's thread and all of their fantastic translated and subtitled videos, making it easier for you to find them. Stasera Casa Mika, the latest Mika interviews and television appearances, all just one click away!

We have a few other changes in mind that we'll be implementing in the next few months, and we're also open to any ideas/suggestions you might have. (Yes, we know, you want an app -- we're looking into it!)

Let us know what you think!

That's great. Thanks so much!!  :huglove::huglove:

• Like 1

I read that back in time there was a chat room. I think this is now replaced by single status updates - It's not a chat but everybody can talk about random things with other users. Anyway they are hard to find in the phone version imo, and I think this is reason why they are not so used. What about giving these more visibility, so you'll have a feed that looks like a social? I'm thinking about Twitter tl. Maybe this little trick will push young MFCers to post their thoughts here too.

Or maybe not. It's just a random idea that came to my mind

• Like 3

I'm personally not bothered about an app, if it was too similar to the mobile web version I probably wouldn't use it. But that's just me, other members may prefer an app for quicker access. Thanks for the subtitling tab though, that's handy! 

On 3/12/2020 at 1:42 PM, Siri said:

I read that back in time there was a chat room. I think this is now replaced by single status updates - It's not a chat but everybody can talk about random things with other users. Anyway they are hard to find in the phone version imo, and I think this is reason why they are not so used. What about giving these more visibility, so you'll have a feed that looks like a social? I'm thinking about Twitter tl. Maybe this little trick will push young MFCers to post their thoughts here too.

Or maybe not. It's just a random idea that came to my mind

The chat we used to have was discontinued by our host, and they never offered an alternative. I think there are plug-ins available, but they would have to be purchased, and I'm not sure 1) how much they cost and 2) if Mika will pay for them. ;)   But I'll see about making a social feed as you described. That might be do-able. I'll look into it! Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it possible to get a new reaction emoji? I'd like to see a 'love' one, the smiley face with the love heart eyes would be good! Especially for certain threads, with certain Mika images, where a simple like just isn't enough... 😏 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Is it possible to get a new reaction emoji? I'd like to see a 'love' one, the smiley face with the love heart eyes would be good! Especially for certain threads, with certain Mika images, where a simple like just isn't enough... 😏 

Not sure we need another reaction emoji, but there are all these that you can use in a reply (without the space before the second colon):

:wub2::wub2 :

:fangurl::fangurl :

:das: :das :

:mikadas::mikadas :

:swoon: :swoon :

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, silver said:

Not sure we need another reaction emoji, but there are all these that you can use in a reply (without the space before the second colon):

:wub2::wub2 :

:fangurl::fangurl :

:das: :das :

:mikadas::mikadas :

:swoon: :swoon :

Thank you for sharing these, I can finally react how I want to on my mobile! I rarely use my laptop for social media and for some reason my phone still won't let me click onto the MFC emoji choices. I can if I use Microsoft Edge but that took up so much space I ended up deleting it. 

:fangurl:

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Thank you for sharing these, I can finally react how I want to on my mobile! I rarely use my laptop for social media and for some reason my phone still won't let me click onto the MFC emoji choices. I can if I use Microsoft Edge but that took up so much space I ended up deleting it. 

:fangurl:

I have to admit that I usually type the code for the MFC emojis as it take so long to go through the list :teehee:  (but of course you have to be able to remember the code in the first place).

• Like 3

8 hours ago, silver said:

I have to admit that I usually type the code for the MFC emojis as it take so long to go through the list :teehee:  (but of course you have to be able to remember the code in the first place).

I also do it that way. :naughty:

On 3/22/2020 at 11:40 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I think this is what you're looking for 

:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow :

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, silver said:

Is there a way to see the code?

23 hours ago, silver said:

56 minutes ago, Siri said:

Is there a way to see the code?

If you hover the cursor over the emoji you should see the code

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Siri said:

I don't know if it's too late. What about a "back to top of the page" arrow? I'm mostly using my smartphone and every time I had to scroll for ages to go back there :sweatdrop:

I second this motion!

On 3/24/2020 at 5:42 PM, silver said:

If you hover the cursor over the emoji you should see the code

Also, if you're on your computer, if you type a colon : and the first few letters of what you think the emoji is called, a window will pop up with some choices for you.

For example, type : shrug (without the space in between) and you'll get a window with a number of emojis to choose from. I'm not sure if this works on smartphones, I can't remember if I've ever tried it there.

54 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I second this motion!

OK, I'll see what I can find out about a top of page arrow! 👍

• Thanks 2

• mellody changed the title to MFC Site Updates - 2020!