Mika's inspirations

Shellbee

Hi forums ! I'm very new to this site but I was curious about what people think are Mika's inspirations. I've looked through a couple posts on this site to find some (some users mentioned Freddie Mercury and George Michael) but it's been hard to find these in one place so ! 
What are your guys' thoughts? 

3 hours ago, Shellbee said:

Hi forums ! I'm very new to this site but I was curious about what people think are Mika's inspirations. I've looked through a couple posts on this site to find some (some users mentioned Freddie Mercury and George Michael) but it's been hard to find these in one place so ! 

Hi @Shellbee and welcome to the MFC. If you like, you can introduce yourself in the introductions thread  https://www.mikafanclub.com/forum/5-introductions/ and tell us more about you and how you discovered Mika. Also it's good as a newbie to take a look at this one to know how the forum works:

Enjoy this place!:welcomeani:

• Like 2

On 3/15/2020 at 7:46 PM, Shellbee said:

As for music I think he mentioned also Michael Jackson and Prince for the current album. And Michael Hutchence from INXS. A few years ago he also mentioned the Beatles, and I can very much hear that in "I Went to Hell Last Night". I don't know though if when he writes and/or produces a song he says 'I want this to sound a bit like the style of xy" - I think he said somewhere that he doesn't, so it might just happen because it's music he loves, so his own music sounds a bit similar at some points.

I find this discussion more interesting regarding Mika's art and stage sets. I remember back in 2009 when I was in L.A., in the shops I saw many things that reminded me of his artwork and stage outfits at the time. And I was wondering whether he had taken inspiration from that, when he recorded his album in L.A.. Today it might not be that interesting to discuss this, as he's wearing just suits and no costumes, and the pictures of his parents, the hand etc. are obviously not inspired by anything else than his own story. The only "inspiration" from somewhere else I can find in his stage set is the explosion emoticon: 💥💥💥 :naughty:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@mellodythank you so much for the response ! :D sorry I haven't been on
that's so cool, I didn't even think about staging !! I'm definitely gonna look into that more ! I've always liked the outfits I've seen him wear but I never really thought about it

• Like 2