EWY2oM_WoAADqe7.thumb.jpg.c174e9430c762dc6df08a8acd1bec0f9.jpg

18 minutes ago, Cossette Vilches said:

I share the link of cooking with Mika youtube

2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

IG story  

Delicious
Like home-cooked dishes :naughty:

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

94340963_1335306996664161_6348476153306773086_n.thumb.jpg.88e17ffd24ee33b588c3e1d357486aa5.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

A man who plays the piano for you, who cooks for you, who fills the house with flowers and the kitchen with bouquets of roses  :cloud:Hard to find. The ideal man  :fangurl:

Mika did play an appropriate song 

"If it was me, I would be a good wife,

I would never doubt you, 

Ours would be a good life

We could be better than so many

I would never stress you

About bringing home the plenty"

He really is a good wife! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Mika did play an appropriate song 

"If it was me, I would be a good wife,

I would never doubt you, 

Ours would be a good life

We could be better than so many

I would never stress you

About bringing home the plenty"

He really is a good wife! 😁

Totally agree :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mikasister said:

A man who plays the piano for you, who cooks for you, who fills the house with flowers and the kitchen with bouquets of roses  :cloud:Hard to find. The ideal man  :fangurl:

And plays and sings your fav songs  - Good Wife and Tomorrow :cloud:while cooking :chkn: :swoon:First he played Good Wife and I was so happy and he ended the live with Tomorrow and I was over the moon :mikalove::cloud: :fangurl: :woot_jump:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And here is a recipe for Sheila Lukins "Silver Palate" Chicken Marbella which Mika mentioned in his "Cooking with Mika" today 🙂

https://www.silverpalate.com/recipe/store-favorites/chicken-marbella

image.thumb.png.383e961ea27aada152f228af18af83b8.png

image.thumb.png.7fc5fb4d0eb15675043911c4232a3f0e.png

Chicken Marbella

https://www.silverpalate.com/recipe/store-favorites/chicken-marbella

121133708_ChickenMarabella14.jpg.5e616ded06f597d32a87925f29f5a4f8.jpg

16 pieces, 10 or more portions

Ingredients: 
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1 cup pitted prunes
  • 1/2 cup pitted Spanish green olives
  • 1/2 cup capers with a bit of juice
  • 6 bay leaves
  • 1 head of garlic, peeled and finely pureed
  • 1/4 cup dried oregano
  • Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 4 chickens (2 1/2 pounds each), quartered
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup dry white wine
  • 1/4 cup fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley or fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Directions:
  • 1. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, prunes, olives, capers and juice, bay leaves, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
  • 2. Preheat the oven to 350°F. (180°C)
  • 3. Arrange the chicken in a single layer in one or two large, shallow baking pans and spoon the marinade over it evenly. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with the brown sugar and pour the white wine around them.
  • 4. Bake, basting frequently with the pan juices, until the thigh pieces yield clear yellow (rather than pink) juice when pricked with a fork, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
  • 5. With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken, prunes, olives, and capers to a serving platter. Moisten with a few spoonfuls of the pan juices and sprinkle generously with the parsley or cilantro. Pass the remaining pan juices in a sauceboat.

Note: To serve Chicken Marbella cold, cool to room temperature in the cooking juices before transferring the pieces to a serving platter. If the chicken has been covered and refrigerated, reheat it in the juices, then allow it to come to room temperature before serving.

Spoon some of the reserved juice over the chicken.

This is a cheap and healthy dish! Find more budget and healthy meals here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Lol, or Andy might think "why does he only fill the kitchen with flowers when he's doing an IG live?!" :naughty: It was indeed a lot of flowers this time. The roses were lovely, but I surely would've put the lilies on the balcony, I absolutely hate the smell of lilies! :aah: Tho they do look beautiful.

I wonder what Mika sometimes looked at quite intensly, on Andy's left side. :blink:

The sweetest thing was what he said in French, that cooking was just an excuse to spend time with us. Aww. :wub2: Ok I hope he didn't just mean his French fans with that - but even if, we'll never know anyway, so I can believe what I prefer. :teehee:

Still I felt rather sad after this live - his talk about all the things he's doing now kinda pulled me down, because I'm stuck here with my 2 small kids and get absolutely nothing done because of that! :aah: Dear Jealousy... :fisch: Glad to see him happy though. :wub2: When I rewatched the video again in the evening, it didn't bother me anymore. Maybe I was just more relaxed at that time, than I am at noon. :bleh: Without the video freezing all the time, like in the live, it was also easier to catch his mood while he said these things - and he was just being really sweet, maybe also noticing that made a difference. :blush-anim-cl:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Lol, or Andy might think "why does he only fill the kitchen with flowers when he's doing an IG live?!" :naughty: It was indeed a lot of flowers this time. The roses were lovely, but I surely would've put the lilies on the balcony, I absolutely hate the smell of lilies! :aah: Tho they do look beautiful.

I wonder what Mika sometimes looked at quite intensly, on Andy's left side. :blink:

The sweetest thing was what he said in French, that cooking was just an excuse to spend time with us. Aww. :wub2: Ok I hope he didn't just mean his French fans with that - but even if, we'll never know anyway, so I can believe what I prefer. :teehee:

Still I felt rather sad after this live - his talk about all the things he's doing now kinda pulled me down, because I'm stuck here with my 2 small kids and get absolutely nothing done because of that! :aah: Dear Jealousy... :fisch: Glad to see him happy though. :wub2: When I rewatched the video again in the evening, it didn't bother me anymore. Maybe I was just more relaxed at that time, than I am at noon. :bleh: Without the video freezing all the time, like in the live, it was also easier to catch his mood while he said these things - and he was just being really sweet, maybe also noticing that made a difference. :blush-anim-cl:

although my kids are pretty much grown up and can take care of themselves most of the time, I have so much work (I’m working from home) that I don’t have time to do much... so don’t feel bad (it makes me more angry than sad, personally 😏, as my company was deemed essential and for us, it’s mostly business as usual... wish I could do more to help people who really need it)

10 hours ago, mellody said:

I wonder that too. He did the same thing in one of the previous live. I don't remember if the first or the second one. 

Last time I thought there was someone else, but he always said there were only the two of them in the apartment. And yesterday he did the same... :dunno:

And I wonder about Mika controlling time during the live.

He always sais that he can't read a watch/clock. And yesterday he was doing it perfectly well :thumb_yello: 

He checked the clock at 1:28pm, then at the end he said he had 12 minutes to the end. I don't know if it was on his laptop or any other clock (we don't see it on the screen).

A miracle? :clap: And he was veeeery punctual! This quarantine makes strange things with people :lmao:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

A miracle? :clap: And he was veeeery punctual! This quarantine makes strange things with people :lmao:

I guess that's because people in general are so "bored" and there are not many things that would distract them as usual so once they have an appointment they are on time... Now with online classes, none of the students is missing and they are all punctual. :biggrin2:

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And I wonder about Mika controlling time during the live.

He always sais that he can't read a watch/clock. And yesterday he was doing it perfectly well :thumb_yello: 

He checked the clock at 1:28pm, then at the end he said he had 12 minutes to the end. I don't know if it was on his laptop or any other clock (we don't see it on the screen).

I think it's just analog clocks/watches he can't read, not digital ones. And from what I saw, he looked on his tablet/Laptop, where the music came from, to check the time. But who knows, maybe he had a few more clocks spread around the room, to make sure. :teehee:

I had also been wondering whether they might've put the live with the comments on another screen next to Andy, maybe a Laptop, so Mika can see himself and some of the comments. He suddenly started talking about how people were wondering about him using so much olive oil, and I saw some had talked about that in the comments... but a few fans on Twitter said he might've read their Tweets earlier. I hadn't seen any Tweets about it before, but well, Mika must've known it from somewhere that people were wondering about it. Maybe he just guessed it. Or Andy talks with him in sign language about people's comments. :teehee: Mysterious... :naughty:

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2020 at 10:51 PM, Kumazzz said:

Spotify Playlist

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4ktE1bg1LecpWXWH59drt3?si=w22DdfeMSDapv7_BAIofig#_=_

Mika presents... Cooking With Mika - Episode 1,2,3 & 4

• The Shoop Shoop Song ( It's in his kiss ) - Cher
  • Standing In The Way Of Control - Gossip
  • Heavy Cross - Gossip
  • Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above - CSS
  • Stay - Rihanna
  • Transparente - Mariza
  • Fado Português de Nós - Mariza
  • Paper Planes - M.I.A.
  • Platform Ballerinas - MIKA
  • Need You Tonight - INXS
  • Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
  • Smalltown Boy - Bronski Beat
  • Islands In The Stream - Dolly Parton
  • Nights On Broadway - Bee Gees
  • ( What a ) Wonderful World - Sam Cooke
  • Rebel Rebel (2016 Remaster ) - David Bowie
  • Good Old Lover Boy ( 2011 Mix ) - QUEEN
  • Bring It On Home To Me - Sam Cooke
  • A Change Is Gonna Come - Sam Cooke
  • Cupid - Sam Cooke
  • Relax, Take It Easy - MIKA
  • Stay High - MIKA
  • Accentuate The Positive - Perry Como
  • My Baby Just Cares for Me - Nina Simone
  • Le Beirut - Fairuz
  • Zina - Babylone
  • Everywhere ( 2017 Remaster ) - Fleetwood Mac
  • Friday In Love - The Cure
  • Don't Stop Me Now ( 2011 Remaster ) - QUEEN
  • Pump Up The Jam - Technotronic
  • Caro mio ben -  Giuseppe Giordani, Cecilia Bartoli, György Fischer
  • The Click Song - Miriam Makeba
  • Città vuota - Mina
  • Ready Call This Love - MIKA
  • Dance Me to the End of Love - Leonard Cohen
  • Dirrty ( feat. Redman ) - Christina Aguilera
  • Everything Is Everything - Lauryn Hill
  • Popular Song - MIKA
  • Bar to Navagio - Arleta
  • Paroles paroles - Dalida, Alain Delon
  • Alfie - Lily Allen
  • Douce France - Charles Trenet
  • Solo - Esteman
  • Too Darn Hot - Ella Fitzgerald
  • In Your Eyes - The Weekend
  • Good Wife - MIKA
  • Brown Skin - India.Arie
  • Tomorrow - MIKA

Cooking_w_Mika_Spotify_Playlist.thumb.jpg.c449ec88058e2d5b22ef883775e4d7e8.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for putting the playlist here. I don't have Spotify so I'm making a playlist on YouTube instead. Any other songs Mika adds can be added here too right? I love his choice of music!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WeirdChild said:

Lilies are toxic to cats and dogs. I find that he has them in his kitchen concerning for Melachi and Amira 

Hello :) I don't think his dogs are with him and Andy in Athens right now... So don't worry :) 

• Like 2

On 4/28/2020 at 1:52 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Thank you for putting the playlist here. I don't have Spotify so I'm making a playlist on YouTube instead. Any other songs Mika adds can be added here too right? I love his choice of music!

That's a great idea :thumb_yello:Please could you share it here?