Mika's Incredible Cooking !

Kumazzz

On 4/28/2020 at 4:45 PM, Maxim said:

I was "live" with him😃😅🥰

Wait you were one of the people Mika spoke to?! You're so lucky! I kept thinking 'don't pick me I'm in my PJs' but then we couldn't see the other videos anyway so it wouldn't have mattered. Maybe next time I'll get my Sunday Best on just in case Mika picks me! 😄

8 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

That's a great idea :thumb_yello:Please could you share it here?

Will do as soon as I finish :) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Wait you were one of the people Mika spoke to?! You're so lucky! I kept thinking 'don't pick me I'm in my PJs' but then we couldn't see the other videos anyway so it wouldn't have mattered. Maybe next time I'll get my Sunday Best on just in case Mika picks me! 😄

Will do as soon as I finish :) 

Awesome :yay: Thank you :huglove:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

"Be careful if you ask!" :lmfao:

I asked this time for the first time - and probably for the last - putting on some nice clothes and make-up, just in case, and then it's just too much tension when he looks at his screen and you think "omg wtf, I hope he picks me, but no, please don't Mika, AAAARGH!" :lmao: I'd love to talk with him so much, but not really with 2500 people watching and listening. I don't need that much excitement these days. :aah: :lol3:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 4/28/2020 at 3:55 AM, Kumazzz said:

Alfie - Lily Allen

I was making my short videos from the last Cooking with Mika.

There is a song there "Alfie" by Lilly Allen. Sounds a little like a child song.

I didn't pay attetion to the lyrics - Mika on the screen makes me deaf :bleh:

But now I found the video on youtube. 

So check both versions - why Mika sais that he loves this song?????? :roll1:

Mika in the kitchen

Lilly Alen in the kitchen. Alfie is her brother - who became a popupal actor from "Game of Thrones".

image.thumb.png.64ad5dfbefa93ecb81502a866da9289a.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I finished my Cooking with Mika YouTube playlist! Where possible I've chosen official videos of the songs, the ones without are audio only. If I've missed any out let me know. I've never shared a playlist before so hopefully all of you can access it and give it a listen. At the moment you can only access it through the link, once I know it's ok I'll make it public and share it on Twitter too!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-qhMzj0DAdzQWlCiG0igFBGFa7uPAzwM

I don't recommend listening to this while ironing, I did and when it got to Platform Ballerinas I nearly burned a t-shirt! 😁 

It's the kind of playlist I would love to listen to on a long road trip.

• Thanks 4

10 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I finished my Cooking with Mika YouTube playlist! Where possible I've chosen official videos of the songs, the ones without are audio only. If I've missed any out let me know. I've never shared a playlist before so hopefully all of you can access it and give it a listen. At the moment you can only access it through the link, once I know it's ok I'll make it public and share it on Twitter too!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-qhMzj0DAdzQWlCiG0igFBGFa7uPAzwM

I don't recommend listening to this while ironing, I did and when it got to Platform Ballerinas I nearly burned a t-shirt! 😁 

It's the kind of playlist I would love to listen to on a long road trip.

Thank you so much for sharing your link here :flowers2::hug: It makes me so happy :woot_jump:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

18th August 2020

On Mika's 37th birthday party at his place Tuscany Italy.

They cook Lebanese Rice Pilaf at the garden and BBQ.

Mika's nephew is talented to decorate the Birthday cake.🎂

On 8/19/2020 at 12:44 AM, Moni said:

On 8/19/2020 at 3:49 AM, Kumazzz said:

mikainstagram IG stories on his birthday

"The Lonely Goatherd" from THE SOUND OF MUSIC ( Julie Andrews )

YouTube

On 8/19/2020 at 5:42 AM, Kumazzz said:
mikainstagram IG stories

BBQ party

Shiny Stockings by Ella Fitzgerald, Count Basie

On 8/19/2020 at 6:57 AM, Mikasister said:

20 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

🎂Birthday cake decorated by Bobo

YouTube

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

La Prairie

I guess this interview is in 2019.

This is a part of their pages... hope they will share it.

INTERVIEW MIKA

Mika career  and well-being

Live Life to fullness

Successful Lebanese-born British singer and song writer Mika has released a new album "My name Is Michael holbrook" and is back with a worldwide tour, performing with high-energy set that shows his joy of making music.
INSIDE had the privilege of interviewing him about his vision of life and wellbeing.

-- What does "Wellness" mean to you ?

That's a big question ! It means everything. It doesn't only mean treating illness or just looking better than you did last month... It is about being in condition, phisically, emotionally and even as the lically, where you can not only live life to its fullest but also handle all the challenges it throws at you.

-- What one thing would you do every day, no matter where you are, to stay feeling great ?

Eat with joy ! Stress around food is a really destractive thing. The gut is our emotional centre and is essential to the immune system. Removing joy from food or ont being able to eat mindfully can cause so much damage to general wellness. I eat based on the principles of Color, Taste, Texture, Variation and Curiosity. In general it is very low fat but that is the because there's always color and tastes from all over the world. I also love a giant cheese burger.

-- Tell us more about the food and spices that make you feel better ? Do you have a specific nutrition routine ?

A colorful plate is a healthy plate ana a weekly diet which stimulates every part of your tastebuds and nose is fundamental. This is a most important thing about food culture ! I'm not only talking about just cooking, that on the other hand, is food sience. Food culture is the soul of cooking. The history of its people, the journey the recipe have been on, the weather, economics, religion, war, celemony. All this is in the food we eat. Food culture is the most fascinating and romantic in our civilisation. This is why, when it comes to wellness, variety is the most important rule of the eating; an awareness of what it is and where its come from. Why take a pill of prepared turmeric, when you can activate it by heating it with gee and stirring it into a curry. Or roasting sesame seeds ...    

118472393_310989360106145_7195196164550324111_n.thumb.jpg.86d5039390b04d93c1f9e489aa192d77.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

La Prairie

I guess this interview is in 2019.

This is a part of their pages... hope they will share it.

INTERVIEW MIKA

Mika career  and well-being

Live Life to fullness

Successful Lebanese-born British singer and song writer Mika has released a new album "My name Is Michael holbrook" and is back with a worldwide tour, performing with high-energy set that shows his joy of making music.
INSIDE had the privilege of interviewing him about his vision of life and wellbeing.

-- What does "Wellness" mean to you ?

That's a big question ! It means everything. It doesn't only mean treating illness or just looking better than you did last month... It is about being in condition, phisically, emotionally and even as the lically, where you can not only live life to its fullest but also handle all the challenges it throws at you.

-- What one thing would you do every day, no matter where you are, to stay feeling great ?

Eat with joy ! Stress around food is a really destractive thing. The gut is our emotional centre and is essential to the immune system. Removing joy from food or ont being able to eat mindfully can cause so much damage to general wellness. I eat based on the principles of Color, Taste, Texture, Variation and Curiosity. In general it is very low fat but that is the because there's always color and tastes from all over the world. I also love a giant cheese burger.

-- Tell us more about the food and spices that make you feel better ? Do you have a specific nutrition routine ?

A colorful plate is a healthy plate ana a weekly diet which stimulates every part of your tastebuds and nose is fundamental. This is a most important thing about food culture ! I'm not only talking about just cooking, that on the other hand, is food sience. Food culture is the soul of cooking. The history of its people, the journey the recipe have been on, the weather, economics, religion, war, celemony. All this is in the food we eat. Food culture is the most fascinating and romantic in our civilisation. This is why, when it comes to wellness, variety is the most important rule of the eating; an awareness of what it is and where its come from. Why take a pill of prepared turmeric, when you can activate it by heating it with gee and stirring it into a curry. Or roasting sesame seeds ...    

118472393_310989360106145_7195196164550324111_n.thumb.jpg.86d5039390b04d93c1f9e489aa192d77.jpg

You can order printed version from this site.

https://cliniquelaprairie.com/en/inside-2020

We are delighted to introduce you our 2020 Inside Magazine close to our hearts, with the ultimate aim of bringing us closer to you. Explore fascinating subjects linked to the theme of longevity : its philosophical nature, genetics, the latest exciting research in the fields of nutrigenomics and more. You’ll discover several antidotes to the challenges and stresses of modern life - heavy metal detox, fitness, nutrition, supplements, rejuvenation. You’ll also get an INSIDE view of the music scene, art of photography and Swiss know-how, through three personalities who lift the lid on their worlds.

Inside%20magazine.pngInside%202020%20cover.png

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 2:50 PM, NaoMika said:

You can order printed version from this site.

https://cliniquelaprairie.com/en/inside-2020

I got my copy today, so I will share the missing part of the interview (page30-32) . Sorry if I made typo.

:rolleyes:

Regarding page28, see @Kumazzz post .

With wild thyme to make zaatar in the morning instead of chocolate spread. Processed food id the opposite of all of this…. It disconnects you from what you eat and where it came from. It bombards and saturates your tastebuds.

When you are on a stage, your energy takes over the room. How do you prepare for it?

-It is about zoning. I try to coax myself into a zone where the vocal and physical side of things becomes easier, like a crescendo leading to the show as its peak. That way I can focus more on emotion. It is also about varying the emotion every night, and finding at least one moment of total sincerity that makes the show feel real. Then the physically just follows. The moments and the communication become urgent and not choreographed. I know that may seem almost cynical! But the challenge is not just doing ONE show… It is doing over 260 of them in just one tour! The energy has to be real every single time.

Your last album “My Name Is Michael Holbrook” is described as a journey through your life. What would you want to share with your younger self, in terms of advice for a good & healthy living?

-Be less obsessive! When I was young it was all about obsessions that lasted a few months or weeks at a time. I saw it as a form of style expression! Like only listening to Nirvana on the loudest possible setting for two months. Only eating white rice and olives for a couple weeks. Trying to read all the works of Dickens before my 15th birthday, while I started two months before…as a result I didn’t sleep and didn’t really understand a thing. Another thing I would say to my younger self is that sport doesn’t have to be about macho culture and team sports. I hated football and rugby, and trust me, they hated having me in their teams also. So I rejected sport completely. As an adult, I realized all the options out there, and how extreme and fun it can be.

Sometimes we all must take a break and step away from a world that never seems to slow down. What helps you feel connected to your true self?

-Mixed in with all of this is the concept of abstinence… this is where it gets a bit tricky. The more we abstain from things, the more we appreciate them when we come into contact with them again. For me, it helps me find the balance between need and pleasure. It also helps appreciate things that are less ‘easy’ to appreciate. I admit that this is where I often slip up and need a reset. A week of re-alignment. Dietary, physiologically, emotionally, to help put all the different parts of me back on the same line. It makes me feel more powerful and frankly happier. If I’m gonna take a break, would be for that. Power doesn’t mean ferocity however! It is also, the power to feel, fight, take risks, and bend with the wind when needed.

Do you have a fitness routine?

-My rule is two sweats a day! Whatever it takes. I try to mix my sport with things that I find fun. Mountain biking, hiking, house riding, dancing! Yes, dancing is sport! Sometimes on tour, I find a club just to dance in. Just a pair of sneakers and music. I end the night going to bed at 4am and have a much better sleep for 4/5 hours than if I had sat there insomniac since 10pm!

How do you maintain your extraordinary vocal chords?

-By shutting up! I come from a big family, we talk a lot! We forget how much talking actually tires the chords. I’ve become a master of going out and doing whole day of regular activity without making a sound!

What is currently top on your bucket list?

-I am working on a new EP, I want to discover more music from the Arab world as it is part of my heritage and I want to connect to it musically. I am also collaborating with my sisters on the project that will turn our family rituals, from my Lebanese grandmother’s beauty routines, to my childhood health and nutrition rituals of my mother, into products and a brand. Products that tell a story and that communicate emotion.

Meditation is a new thing in your life. Tell us more.

-I admit that my curiosity can manifest itself as hyperactive behavior. It is in fact often easier to do nothing than to do something. This makes you leak energy, leak power. Meditation is something that I have been learning at Clinique La Parairie. I still struggle to do it every day, however I have gone straight to it in times of extreme stress or need and it is like a secret power that is there to help me. I find that it is moving into my life and taking more and more a place in my routine. I wish that I had started as a child. It is a remarkable tool that is as healing as it is empowering.

Edited by NaoMika
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In April 2010

Live@Home

After Love Today performance, Mika and the band members came to the kitchen,

"Cooking with Mika" I think it was the first time Mika said.

It's a part of cooking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

In April 2010

Live@Home

After Love Today performance, Mika and the band members came to the kitchen,

"Cooking with Mika" I think it was the first time Mika said.

It's a part of cooking.

Wow! I don't remember this part. So funny! Cooking with Mika lesson nr 1 :naughty:

And he sais that his favorite dish is a fish soup! So not spaghetti with tomato sauce?????

• Haha 3