Mika's Incredible Cooking !

Kumazzz

2 hours ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

I’ve made pumpkin soup a few times I just hate cutting up the actual pumpkin 

:thumb_yello:

Don't worry.

This is an easy way to cut pumpkins without hurting yourself.

I learned that cooking pumpkin whole in the microwave is a lot easier than trying to cut it raw.

First, you want to wash your pumpkin and dry it thoroughly.

Poke holes in it with a sharp knife just like you would when cooking any squash whole in the microwave.

This process allows the steam escape and keeps it from exploding. :wags_finger:

Next, you microwave it on high for about 4 minutes per pound of pumpkin, so a 2-pound pumpkin will take about 10 minutes (this will vary on your microwave voltage). You should be able to poke it with the knife and easily go through the skin and flesh. If not, cook for an additional minute or two.

After cooking the pumpkin until soft, you will want to let it cool a little so it’s easier to handle. Then you cut off the top, cut it in half, and scoop out the seeds.

Watch this video !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

:thumb_yello:

Don't worry.

This is an easy way to cut pumpkins without hurting yourself.

I learned that cooking pumpkin whole in the microwave is a lot easier than trying to cut it raw.

First, you want to wash your pumpkin and dry it thoroughly.

Poke holes in it with a sharp knife just like you would when cooking any squash whole in the microwave.

This process allows the steam escape and keeps it from exploding. :wags_finger:

Next, you microwave it on high for about 4 minutes per pound of pumpkin, so a 2-pound pumpkin will take about 10 minutes (this will vary on your microwave voltage). You should be able to poke it with the knife and easily go through the skin and flesh. If not, cook for an additional minute or two.

After cooking the pumpkin until soft, you will want to let it cool a little so it’s easier to handle. Then you cut off the top, cut it in half, and scoop out the seeds.

Watch this video !

Thank you so much, pumpkins wasn’t really something at uni I learnt (I did a culinary degree) but I’ve always struggled cutting them and get stressed with how hard they are

ill use this method in future 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hero said:

That looks amazing! I'm jealous of his cooking skills.❤️

*goes to heat up ready meal*

Err... flu? I hope not! He said a cold. Either way, I'm glad he's taking care of himself. 

Maybe cold ends up being the flu 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Mika's Banana Pistachio Cake

YouTube

I think the green things on top are cardamom seeds. Banana cardamom cake. 

Although there could well be pistachios in the chopped nuts. It's a safe bet with Mika. :wink2:

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Hero said:

I think the green things on top are cardamom seeds. Banana cardamom cake. 

Although there could well be pistachios in the chopped nuts. It's a safe bet with Mika. :wink2:

Indeed !!! Thanks a lot for letting me know Change the video title.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 8:41 PM, Kumazzz said:

I've just watched this and it reminds me so much of Cooking with Mika! What is it with Mika and picking up sharp knives and waving it around like a crazy person?! :aah:

Also I love the way he constantly pokes his finger in the food! :biggrin2:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:
On 3/28/2020 at 8:41 PM, Kumazzz said:

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I've just watched this and it reminds me so much of Cooking with Mika! What is it with Mika and picking up sharp knives and waving it around like a crazy person?! :aah:

Also I love the way he constantly pokes his finger in the food! :biggrin2:

Just watched the interview now from this show and a couple of Mika's answers are hilarious! He was asked if he drinks tea and avoids dairy before singing, his reply: "No, I'm not that precious". :biggrin2: Mika, that answer alone makes you precious! He then goes on to say that he avoids drinking too much and avoids "getting wasted", yeah right! :lmao:

Spending my evening watching past Mika interviews to drown out the awful weather is just bliss!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 8 months later...
18 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

mikainstagram stories

posted on 06 September 2022.

Twitter

YouTube

He looks so good baking pizza or Flammenkuche. He's relaxed while fans are :badmood:for the tour cancellation 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

He looks so good baking pizza or Flammenkuche. He's relaxed while fans are :badmood:for the tour cancellation 

People handle disappointment differently. Some write nasty comments on SM. Some take to their bed. Some turn to alcohol. Some try to turn it into a positive. Some bake pizza. 

The only issue I have is the lack of pineapple topping. 🍍😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Hero said:

People handle disappointment differently. Some write nasty comments on SM. Some take to their bed. Some turn to alcohol. Some try to turn it into a positive. Some bake pizza. 

The only issue I have is the lack of pineapple topping. 🍍😅

Nasty comments  :badword:

Take to their bed :bed:

Turn to alcohol :drinks_wine:

Positive  :pbjt:

Pineapple topping pineapple_1f34d.png

:naughty:

• Haha 5

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...