Mika at Rai-1 "Domenica In" 12 April 2020

Gabry74

Just now, mellody said:

So he was on already, I only missed the first 1-2 minutes, I think. He seemed in a good mood - at least from the few bits I understood.

Yes, he seemed relaxed and happy.

he said that his family members who had fallen ill with the virus are recovering well. 
Also his mother's condition has stabilized❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm still feeling very uncomfortable with the host , but it was nice to see  Mika's smile and to know that his family is healthy 

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

💖:wub:  i see the programme  ... poor Mika @Carafon oh yes also me i'm agree with you!!! this afternoon I spent just a nice Easter in the company of Mika:yes::cheer:

Thanks @Anna-is-golden.

Some more bits I think I understood... (please correct me if I'm wrong): He talked about not having a piano in his apartment, but his neighbour has one and plays really badly - and of course M isn't too happy about having to listen to the bad piano playing while he can't play himself. :lol3: And he told a story about a holiday in Venice when he was 7 or 8, and I think he was singing in the streets to groups of tourists? I didn't understand the details. He also said that he misses Italy, I think... and he talked about the Japan, South Korea and US tour that he had to cancel and no one knows when they can reschedule these gigs - he said some more things about this, but the sound kept disconnecting, so I didn't understand more. I hope it was understandable to Italian speakers.

I think he also said that it's him who does the grocery shopping, wearing gloves and a mask. And he said what he'd make for dinner tonight. It was something with herbs, garlic snd white wine, but I didn't understand the rest. And something about drinking red wine. Something about how it is for him to be in quarantine, but again I didn't understand the details, just that generally he's doing alright.

I've tried to record it with my camera from my phone screen, but of course that's not a good quality, I missed the beginning and after 30 minutes the recording stopped, so it's 2 parts - I hope someone recorded it in a good quality or they'll put it online later to download. Anyway, if someone needs my recording, for example the @Subtitling Team if they already want to start translating while waiting for the good quality video, plmk. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From what I understand he said that his parents both caught the virus but they are ok now

His mother had to stay in hospital for a few days but she's back home with a nurse who takes care several times per day ( it's called "home hospitalisation" )

They were able to have a skipe session with her 

He said that family and friends are even more valuable , he's doing sport "with" a friend of him who is in "Normandie" 

He's hoping to solve the piano desagrement soon (but didn't say how….)

And I think that it's chicken that is planed as the menu….:wink2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mellody said:

Thanks @Anna-is-golden.

Some more bits I think I understood... (please correct me if I'm wrong): He talked about not having a piano in his apartment, but his neighbour has one and plays really badly - and of course M isn't too happy about having to listen to the bad piano playing while he can't play himself. :lol3: And he told a story about a holiday in Venice when he was 7 or 8, and I think he was singing in the streets to groups of tourists? I didn't understand the details. He also said that he misses Italy, I think... and he talked about the Japan, South Korea and US tour that he had to cancel and no one knows when they can reschedule these gigs - he said some more things about this, but the sound kept disconnecting, so I didn't understand more. I hope it was understandable to Italian speakers.

I think he also said that it's him who does the grocery shopping, wearing gloves and a mask. And he said what he'd make for dinner tonight. It was something with herbs, garlic snd white wine, but I didn't understand the rest. And something about drinking red wine. Something about how it is for him to be in quarantine, but again I didn't understand the details, just that generally he's doing alright.

Yes the first part is ok, also his neighbour doesn’t want him to enter in his apartment because of the quarantine. But mika hopes that little by little he will be able to convince him😄

second part: yes, he was 7 or 8 yo in venice, when hos mother spurred him to sing, and a group of japanese tourists applauded to him and gave him money.

He said that he is making chicken with pruns, garlic and herbs like thyme😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, carafon said:

He said that family and friends are even more valuable , he's doing sport "with" a friend of him who is in "Normandie" 

Ah yes, I understood that too, just forgot, that he's doing sports with a friend via Facetime. So apparently for that his internet connection is good enough, but for the interview it kept freezing - maybe that's why there's no more cooking shows. :emot-sad:

11 minutes ago, Anna-is-golden said:

About red wine he said that the weeks before he drank too much of it, and now he is regulating more with it

Ah, when he said that I noticed that the bottles on the kitchen cupboard were gone. :teehee: Did he at some point say something about 4 glasses?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Gabry74 said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3056629737728289&id=604718722919415

MIKA ci ha raccontato il difficile momento che sta vivendo e, in generale, la difficoltà che ognuno di noi ha di restare accanto alle persone che si amano "a distanza"...
Forza #Mika! 💪🏻
#DomenicaIn

Google Translate:

MIKA told us about the difficult moment she is experiencing and, in general, the difficulty that each of us has to stay close to the people who love each other "at a distance" ...

The translation of the last part isn't clear to me - What did he say about it in the interview? Is it about Andy, that it's difficult to be together all the time when usually Mika is on tour and they're not always together? I see that with my kids, having them around all day is lots more difficult than when they're in kindergarten half of the day, or I can be away to a Mika gig for a weekend. :teehee:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mellody said:

Google Translate:

MIKA told us about the difficult moment she is experiencing and, in general, the difficulty that each of us has to stay close to the people who love each other "at a distance" ...

The translation of the last part isn't clear to me - What did he say about it in the interview? Is it about Andy, that it's difficult to be together all the time when usually Mika is on tour and they're not always together? I see that with my kids, having them around all day is lots more difficult than when they're in kindergarten half of the day, or I can be away to a Mika gig for a weekend. :teehee:

He is saying it is hard to be together remotely, so it is not about Andy but his family that is not physically with him ....he did not complain about Andy at all...but he complained a bit about the apartment that is "nothing special " :)   Very nice interview. Funny to hear him speaking in venitian dialect. I did not know Mara Venier was from Venice. Or is she one of those who claim to be from Venice but then they are not really? ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, stefa said:

He is saying it is hard to be together remotely, so it is not about Andy but his family that is not physically with him ....he did not complain about Andy at all...but he complained a bit about the apartment that is "nothing special " :)   Very nice interview. Funny to hear him speaking in venitian dialect. I did not know Mara Venier was from Venice. Or is she one of those who claim to be from Venice but then they are not really? ;) 

Ah thanks, so it was really just the translation that didn't make much sense! I thought it might be about what you said, but in the translation it sounds like the opposite. :doh:

• Like 2

FACEBOOK

Domenica In - In collegamento con Mika

MIKA ci ha raccontato il difficile momento che sta vivendo e, in generale, la difficoltà che ognuno di noi ha di restare accanto alle persone che si amano "a distanza"...
Forza #Mika! 1f4aa_1f3fb.png
#DomenicaIn

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Thank you very much Eriko.

I've just finished watching the replay on RaiUno.

And the most positive moment for me was at 21:50 when Mika sais that he is feeling this very strong urge to create. Like at time he was at school and he wanted to do a lot of things.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mellody said:

Ah yes, I understood that too, just forgot, that he's doing sports with a friend via Facetime. So apparently for that his internet connection is good enough, but for the interview it kept freezing - maybe that's why there's no more cooking shows. :emot-sad:

My guessing is that he’s not in the right mood to do them at the moment 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
about the connection, he could pre-record them, I think he could find solutions, but who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️
its really challenging for everyone to be in good mood in this situation 

• Like 2