Hello from sunny Germany!

holdingyourdrink

Hi everyone! Joined your lovely forum and wanted to virtually introduce myself.

So I’m Mi and live in the very western part of Germany, not too far from the Dutch border. I’m actually Dutch, but found love in Germany and decided to follow my heart. Now we have three kids and a house with a garden, so I think we can say that worked out very well!

I have recently rediscovered Mika as they played “Relax, take it easy” fairly often whenever I was in the store (the only trip outside of the home during this lockdown, so you can imagine that song spoke to me on various levels). I decided to Shazam the song and was surprised to see it was by Mika. I remember “Grace Kelly” being played on the radio constantly a few years back. So often, that I (will shamefully admit...) would turn it off back then.... oops...

Anyway, with Spotify being readily available these days, I decided to listen to all of his albums and they’ve been on repeat ever since. I wonder if I wouldn’t have turned out Grace Kelly back then and would’ve done my research, if I would’ve joined your ranks much earlier! 

My outlet during this lockdown has been drawing. After a 20 year hiatus (I’m actually a year younger than Mika, but it does make me feel old when I say that, haha!), I decided to pick up my pencils again. One of the first things I decided to draw was Mika, with the colors of his latest album MNIMH.

7D0E9F25-92A4-4896-AEBB-C133C2C89F43.jpeg.ae490025eaf749c40ab116a7640cfc6f.jpeg

Hope to see and talk to you more on this forum! Cheers! 

• Like 11

Hello Mi and welcome to the MFC. :welcomeani:  OMG, your drawing is amazing. Congrats!!!  If you want to chat with other german fans, you can do it here:

And if you want to share with us your amazing art there's another thread for the talented fans here: 

Enjoy the place!  :wink2:

4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Hi everyone! Joined your lovely forum and wanted to virtually introduce myself.

So I’m Mi and live in the very western part of Germany, not too far from the Dutch border. I’m actually Dutch, but found love in Germany and decided to follow my heart. Now we have three kids and a house with a garden, so I think we can say that worked out very well!

I have recently rediscovered Mika as they played “Relax, take it easy” fairly often whenever I was in the store (the only trip outside of the home during this lockdown, so you can imagine that song spoke to me on various levels). I decided to Shazam the song and was surprised to see it was by Mika. I remember “Grace Kelly” being played on the radio constantly a few years back. So often, that I (will shamefully admit...) would turn it off back then.... oops...

Anyway, with Spotify being readily available these days, I decided to listen to all of his albums and they’ve been on repeat ever since. I wonder if I wouldn’t have turned out Grace Kelly back then and would’ve done my research, if I would’ve joined your ranks much earlier! 

My outlet during this lockdown has been drawing. After a 20 year hiatus (I’m actually a year younger than Mika, but it does make me feel old when I say that, haha!), I decided to pick up my pencils again. One of the first things I decided to draw was Mika, with the colors of his latest album MNIMH.

7D0E9F25-92A4-4896-AEBB-C133C2C89F43.jpeg.ae490025eaf749c40ab116a7640cfc6f.jpeg

Hope to see and talk to you more on this forum! Cheers! 

Hello Mi ! I'm Marwa and Welcome!:biggrin2: I just want to say that I saw this drawing on Instagram and I thought it was so good !!:mfr_omg:

1 hour ago, silver said:

Hi and welcome to the MFC :bye:

Your drawing is amazing!  We have a fans' artwork thread, I'll post the link when I can remember where it is :naughty:

Isn't the one I have posted?

11 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome!! And @Mikasister thank you for pointing out where the international forums are, I am going to reach out there as well!

You're welcome. I'm glad you found the Dutch thread too. :thumb_yello:

Hi  :bye:and :welcomeani:to MFC Mi :huglove:

Glad you rediscovered Mika and decided to join :biggrin2: 

I saw your drawing on instagram and I like it a lot :hi5:

This thread might make you happy with its precious videos :wink2:

Enjoy yourself here with us :group_hug:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

2 hours ago, silver said:

I know this may sound weird but when I posted I didn't see your reply, only marwa's :blink:

I have that problem once in a while, but only with phone that the whole thread takes time to show, maybe a slow connection triggers that problem :dunno:

On 5/13/2020 at 11:20 AM, holdingyourdrink said:

I wonder if I wouldn’t have turned out Grace Kelly back then and would’ve done my research, if I would’ve joined your ranks much earlier! 

Hi, Mi :bye: Welcome to MFC, better late than never! :welcomeani: 

Hello from Rainy France !  😛

It's so cool that you discovered Mika once again! Sometimes I would like to discovered him again and again because "falling in love" with him is an amazing feeling !

I also want to congratulate you for your drawingn, it's amazing and you have a lot of talent :) I'm always amazed by those kind of art!

Be safe :)

@krysady I agree! Better late than never! And @Florine, I understand what you mean. Discovering all that he did (speaks so many languages, was on French and Italian tv and of course his music) doesn’t cease to amaze me. I really enjoy to just stroll around YouTube and discover yet again a new video! And thank you for your kind words, you too, @sara09!!!! 

• Like 2

Welcome! :welcomeani: Lovely drawing, I saw it reposted on the MFC Instagram the other day. :) I'm from Munich, living in the suburbs now with my husband and 2 kids, been a Mika fan since 2007 and still can't get enough of Grace Kelly. :wub2::teehee: I gotta admit though that if it hadn't been GK but Relax that was played on the radio so often before I discovered Mika, I might've turned it off as well. :naughty:

You guys are very sweet, thank you all!!

@mellody that my drawing was reposted was such an honor! Having a platform like Instagram makes the threshold to those you admire not as big as it used to be 2 decades ago (oh man, different times... haha!). I knew it was a step closer for Mika himself to maybe see it (and hopefully like it). Who knows, maybe one day 😊 

Oh but you know, I LOVE the live and acoustic version of Grace Kelly. Wish I would’ve heard them before the „radio version“! Alas, I’m here now 😜

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...