Mika Returns to X Factor Italia in 2020

10 hours ago, krysady said:

I've been watching again Melancholia singing Bjork, she was so out of tune while screaming, maybe that's why people didn't vote for them this time... at least this is what I read on Twitter :dunno: 

I also had the impression she didn't hit all notes but wasn't sure if I just thought this because she sang in a really special way (I watched it after I knew that Melancholia were eliminated so I guess I took more attention to their performance). And if I remember it right, Mika also said after their performance something like that not all notes were there where they sould be.

19 hours ago, krysady said:

I've been watching again Melancholia singing Bjork, she was so out of tune while screaming, maybe that's why people didn't vote for them this time... at least this is what I read on Twitter :dunno: 

People start voting from the beginning of the show. So even if the artist sings as the last one his "fanbase" votes during the whole manche. So I don't think the performance of the artist can count so much to change the result. 

We know how it works even with MIka fanbase. We organize massive voting, we listen to the streaming ect ect. Just to put MIka as high as possible.

La Melancholia for sure has a big fanbase and this is so strange that more people voted for NAIP than for them after the TILT.

Well, we will never know what really happened.

As Mika said La Melancholia has a great career ahead. 

And NAIP shows his skills with each and every episode. His performances are interesting and never boring. He is not in the main stream so it makes me more happy that he is still in the show. 

2 episodes left and only one artist will win. So we have to be ready to see tears, anger, frustration... Emotions make a part of this sort of shows. Mika knows it and we can see that his reactions are not so extreme as Emma's or Manuel. Manuelito is very soft and often has tears in his eyes. But who knows how he will react when Mydrama or Casadilego has to leave the show.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Prisca said:

And if I remember it right, Mika also said after their performance something like that not all notes were there where they sould be.

Yes, he said she missed many notes, indeed. 

9 hours ago, Prisca said:

I guess Manuel was really frustrated because of Melancholia's elimination

The thing is that he was irritated right from the beginning. After the performance of the Little Pieces he started to argue with Mika, then with Manuelito, then again after My Drama's performance when he contradicted Manuelito about the use of autotune, then again with Mika after Naip's performance, and so on... and finally when he heard that Melancholia will go to ballotage, he blamed Mika for that. So he seemed to be in a frustrated mood for the entire episode :dunno:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

People start voting from the beginning of the show. So even if the artist sings as the last one his "fanbase" votes during the whole manche. So I don't think the performance of the artist can count so much to change the result. 

Then we agree that Mika's comments after their performance also couldn't affect the vote and bring Melancholia to the ballotage because of him as Manuel said, since they performed the 6th place from 7. 

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Manuelito is very soft and often has tears in his eyes. But who knows how he will react when Mydrama or Casadilego has to leave the show.

True, we never know until then... till now for me Manuelito seems the most honest and calm ( yeah, I know, it's not Mika :teehee: ), I hope he will remain like that. At least he was fair and didn't blame anyone for losing Martina this episode, will see in the future because it's clear that only one will win this contest.

Edited by krysady
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Prisca said:

I think the reason why NAIP ended up in ballotage is because his songs are the best when he performances them live and with the streaming you can't see him.

Absolutely, it's totally understandable that he couldn't reach high numbers in streaming since his performances are so visual. That's why I'm amazed that he is still in the contest and every new week I expect for the worst :aah:

Edit: Also I've seen many people saying that this new rule with the numbers of streaming doesn't seem fair, and I agree.

Edited by krysady
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, krysady said:

Then we agree that Mika's comments after their performance also couldn't affect the vote and bring Melancholia to the ballotage because of him as Manuel said, since they performed the 6th place from 7. 

As I can see judges may impact the result only in a case of a tilt. If 3 of them vote for the same artist to leave it's over.

But I can see that recently they vote 50/50. They just give their opinions. So it's up to the audience to choose.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

As I can see judges may impact the result only in a case of a tilt. If 3 of them vote for the same artist to leave it's over.

But I can see that recently they vote 50/50. They just give their opinions. So it's up to the audience to choose.

Exactly, and that's why I read many people complaining about Manuelito's decision to eliminate Martina instead of going to tilt and let the audience to chose. And that's because he probably knew that people would vote to eliminate My Drama and didn't want to take the risk.

Also I read today a lot of comments on IG saying that NAIP  was brilliant and he deserves to be in the contest, that he is a real artist so different from the mainstream music and he's very true and realistic with his lyrics.  Of course that there's also negative opinions as usual, and the same about My Drama ( people wanted her out instead of Martina), but the most of them are positive.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

La Melancholia for sure has a big fanbase and this is so strange that more people voted for NAIP than for them after the TILT.

Maybe Melancholia's fanbase was not strong enough to bit all the other people that normally vote for someone else but voted now for NAIP as only these two were available to vote for? :dunno_grin:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, krysady said:

The thing is that he was irritated right from the beginning. After the performance of the Little Pieces he started to argue with Mika, then with Manuelito, then again after My Drama's performance when he contradicted Manuelito about the use of autotune, then again with Mika after Naip's performance, and so on... and finally when he heard that Melancholia will go to ballotage, he blamed Mika for that. So he seemed to be in a frustrated mood for the entire episode :dunno:

Yes, you're probably right, it was just not his day/evening. :original:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Prisca said:

Yes, you're probably right, it was just not his day/evening. :original:

On the other hand it seems that the voodoo session of Mika succeeded and Emma was calm and neutral this time :teehee:

• Haha 2

I still haven't finished watching it, bit I'm already a bit bored. The only great performance have been of Naip. I always liked this song, and I'm glad he sang it. Fantastic work - immortal classic and stunning modern parts mixed so well, I suppose Mika inverted a lot of his creativity and style. Thus, I'm really desperate that he has no charge to create something like this with Vergo anymore 🥺 I miss him so much, he would bring more beauty to this XF. Because now I really don't know who deserves to win (especially with the elimination of Melancholia, which was my second fave). Casa di Lego is starting to annoy me, I thought I would fall asleep.. Mika was the only one to tell the truth, finally. 

Edited by Dreamy_Queen
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 8:57 PM, Dreamy_Queen said:

The only great performance have been of Naip. I always liked this song, and I'm glad he sang it. Fantastic work - immortal classic and stunning modern parts mixed so well, I suppose Mika inverted a lot of his creativity and style.

Actually Mika said that he has no credits in this from what I remember, the songs are produced by Taketo and Mika only spends a few hours per week with them to give his advice concerning the performance. 

I hope Casadilego will bring a different style this week, because all her performances are quite similar till now and become a bit monotonous, indeed... she is extremely talented, and it's a shame that she doesn't reveal her full potential. This girl doesn't need autotune, overproducing, half naked dancers or other tricks to make a beautiful performance, she has the odds to win this contest imo :original:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 2

An article about Naip that also mentions Mika a few times: https://www.discodiversity.com/articoli/x-factor-2020-la-sofferenza-normalizzata-con-n-a-i-p/ 

And looking at the XF team's stories, apparently it's snowing today in Milan. It doesn't snow there that often, I think? As they're all posting about it. :teehee:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Actually Mika said that he has no credits in this from what I remember, the songs are produced by Taketo and Mika only spends a few hours per week with them to give his advice concerning the performance. 

Yes, but he can change the whole spirit of the performance with two words :) I liked the way he advised to Naip how to move. It's not only about the song, it's about the feeling of the performance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreamy_Queen said:

Yes, but he can change the whole spirit of the performance with two words :) I liked the way he advised to Naip how to move. It's not only about the song, it's about the feeling of the performance. 

That's for sure, I think it's Mika the one who's in charge with the artistic performance on stage and Taketo only with the mixing and producing the songs :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, krysady said:

That's for sure, I think it's Mika the one who's in charge with the artistic performance on stage and Taketo only with the mixing and producing the songs :thumb_yello:

@krysady  Taketo and Mika.. are the Best... i agree with you and with @Dreamy_Queen 

• Like 3

I've uploaded pretty much the whole thing because#lazy, slightly edited and While rewatching I think I might have cut a few seconds out while editing it , so I apologize for that :(:( either way Mika was on for like 2 minutes, at best LMAO so yeah that's it. check out his cute smile tho <3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, Natacha. said:

While rewatching I think I might have cut a few seconds out while editing it , so I apologize for that :(:(

If those seconds were not about Mika, then you are forgiven :thumb_yello: :teehee: 

Edited by krysady
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Natacha. said:

I've uploaded pretty much the whole thing because#lazy, slightly edited and While rewatching I think I might have cut a few seconds out while editing it , so I apologize for that :(:( either way Mika was on for like 2 minutes, at best LMAO so yeah that's it. check out his cute smile tho <3

This is Mika. He doesn't like it, he sais it. I think he is the only judge who can turn upside down the idea the talent has presented :biggrin2:

I am sure NAIP will show something very interesting during the Live 6 :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

This is Mika. He doesn't like it, he sais it. I think he is the only judge who can turn upside down the idea the talent has presented :biggrin2:

I am sure NAIP will show something very interesting during the Live 6 :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: @Anna Ko Kolkowska sure...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am sure NAIP will show something very interesting during the Live 6

... and I hope he will go forward to the finale :crossed:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 2