Mika Returns to X Factor Italia in 2020

10 hours ago, krysady said:

I liked how Mika described his relation with NAIP after his second performance :original: 

Me too. :original:

I guess when Mika would have a "normal" contestant and not the rollercoaster-feeling he would be bored.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, krysady said:

He said that he is following NAIP since the beginning, that sometimes he scares him( probably with his choices), then he works hard ( and proves his talent), that all this situation made him addicted and he feels like he was tied up with some sort of Scotch tape, put into a Montagne russe and going up and down all the time ( well, it sounds better in Italian :aah:)

Thanks, but I have trouble to understand this... What's a montagne russe? And which "he" refers to Naip and which to Mika? Mika feels like being tied up with Scotch tape because Naip works hard? :blink:

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

Thanks, but I have trouble to understand this... What's a montagne russe? And which "he" refers to Naip and which to Mika? Mika feels like being tied up with Scotch tape because Naip works hard? :blink:

"Montagne russe" is rollercoaster in Italian. Mika is tied up with Scotch tape while going down and up with the rollercoaster so he is not able to run away.

5 minutes ago, Prisca said:

"Montagne russe" is rollercoaster in Italian. Mika is tied up with Scotch tape while going down and up with the rollercoaster so he is not able to run away.

Thank you. And what does Mika mean by he has been following Naip from the beginning? Of course he has, from the beginning of XF, he gave him a yes and then Naip was in his team. Or does he mean previous to XF?

Anyway, the rollercoaster is true also for being a fan of Mika. :teehee: Just that I never felt tied up. :wub2: Definitely addicted tho. :naughty:

21 minutes ago, mellody said:

Thank you. And what does Mika mean by he has been following Naip from the beginning? Of course he has, from the beginning of XF, he gave him a yes and then Naip was in his team. Or does he mean previous to XF?

Anyway, the rollercoaster is true also for being a fan of Mika. :teehee: Just that I never felt tied up. :wub2: Definitely addicted tho. :naughty:

Mika says "ti sto seguendo" = "I'm following you".

I interpret it like that that Mika listens to what Naips says and his wishes and tries to realize that since he is in his team, rather than impose him something he would think is good for the music business.

I feel like you. Rollercoaster-feeling with Mika and really addicted but never tied up. :original:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Prisca said:

It first appeared French to me, but when you said Italian I just looked it up: it’s the same word in both French and Italian! Random fact 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mellody said:

See? That's why I said it's difficult to translate because the meaning is different in Italian ( and it's usually the same for any translation from another language). By "following",  Mika wanted to say smth like getting curios and addicted to NAIP's personality, and wanting to discover more and more, not just following because he is in his team and that's all.

And he made the tape reference because he said that he and NAIP had often different opinions and NAIP had to fight and convince Mika every time ( about his choices I suppose). Not sure if you get what I mean :aah:

49 minutes ago, Prisca said:

In Romanian is also Montagne russe, I didn't know it's not used in English, sorry :doh:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

It first appeared French to me, but when you said Italian I just looked it up: it’s the same word in both French and Italian! Random fact 😆

Yep, just the pronunciation is different. :wink2:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

And the same in Romanian :aah:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, krysady said:

In Romanian is also Montagne russe, I didn't know it's not used in English, sorry 

I think is normal. When it's in two languages or more the same you don't think automatically that is in another language not the right word. Like you would probably think that "Mickey Mouse" is also in Italian "Mickey Mouse" at first as it is in many languages, what is not true, as Italians normally call "Mickey Mouse" Topolino.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Italians normally call "Mickey Mouse" Topolino

Oh yes, I was so confused when I heard that first :yes:  

16 hours ago, Natacha. said:

forgot to post this here :facepalm:

It's funny how everyone backstage was so amazed by how good looking was Mika wearing a beard :lmfao:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, krysady said:

And the same in Romanian :aah:

And in German it is "Achterbahn", so literally a coaster that makes eights.

And in Russian they are not called "Russian mountains" (literally translation of "montagne russe") but "American mountains" if I remember it right.

So we had a small linguistic digression today. :original:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

And in Russian they are not called "Russian mountains" (literally translation of "montagne russe") but "American mountains" if I remember it right.

So we had a small linguistic digression today. :original:

I love this, this is why I want to learn more languages ❤️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Me too. :original:

I could talk about languages the whole day.

So, careful, when starting to talk with me about languages, I could take longer than envisaged. :lol3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I checked the German version and thought WTF? but now that you explained, it makes sense, thanks :thumb_yello:

17 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

My biggest wish is to be able to learn German, which I find so so difficult! All the Romance-italic languages seems so easy to understand, but German it's a mystery for me :aah:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, krysady said:

I checked the German version and thought WTF? but now that you explained, it makes sense, thanks :thumb_yello:

My biggest wish is to be able to learn German, which I find so so difficult! All the Romance-italic languages seems so easy to understand, but German it's a mystery for me :aah:

I’m exactly the other way around! Germanic language no problem, romanic languages I’m lost 🙈 (currently trying to learn Italian) fortunately most people in this fandom are multilingual and we can help eachother out 😉☺️

(I saw a Twitter post where it said “(the Mika fandom is) the only fandom where you’re shamed for “only” speaking three languages” 🤣)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, krysady said:

My biggest wish is to be able to learn German, which I find so so difficult! All the Romance-italic languages seems so easy to understand, but German it's a mystery for me 

An American that learned German told me once that is indeed really difficult to learn German. However, she also said that it is hard work, but once you know the language (or maybe rather the grammar rules) you are at the goal as German has strict grammar rules. Contrary to Italian e.g., where there is often a lot of space for interpretation, like e.g. you can put almost everywhere where you want a comma, it is not the case in German. There are also optional commas but in the whole it is more clear what you are allowed to do and what not (you just have to find the rule and normally it is written somewhere).

Just now, Prisca said:

An American that learned German told me once that is indeed really difficult to learn German. However, she also said that it is hard work, but once you know the language (or maybe rather the grammar rules) you are at the goal as German has strict grammar rules. Contrary to Italian e.g., where there is often a lot of space for interpretation, like e.g. you can put almost everywhere where you want a comma, it is not the case in German. There are also optional commas but in the whole it is more clear what you are allowed to do and what not (you just have to find the rule and normally it is written somewhere).

....and there is ALWAYS an exception to the rule 🤣 

(this comment didn’t help, I know 🤣)

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

that explains why my English translator couldn't help me with it. :teehee:

Thanks everyone for the explanations. :flowers2:

• Like 2

....and there is ALWAYS an exception to the rule 🤣 

(this comment didn’t help, I know 🤣)

Then you have to find the exception of the rule. :wink2::floor:

Believe me, German has more strict rules than Italian. :wink2:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

(I saw a Twitter post where it said “(the Mika fandom is) the only fandom where you’re shamed for “only” speaking three languages” 🤣)

At least what this belongs I'm saved. :boing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I’m exactly the other way around! Germanic language no problem, romanic languages I’m lost 🙈 (currently trying to learn Italian) fortunately most people in this fandom are multilingual and we can help eachother out 😉☺️

True, it's a different linguistic group, but once you learn Italian, you can also understand a bit of French, I think, which is very helpful in this fandom :teehee:

29 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I saw a Twitter post where it said “(the Mika fandom is) the only fandom where you’re shamed for “only” speaking three languages” 🤣

That's brilliant! :floor:

31 minutes ago, Prisca said:

However, she also said that it is hard work, but once you know the language (or maybe rather the grammar rules) you are at the goal as German has strict grammar rules

Oh yeah, as if the lexicon is easy :aah: But yes, It's clearly hard work, I have no doubts :original: ( and we're off topic, probably we need a separate thread for this subject :wink2: )

• Like 2