Tempo Italia / Lotus France : Mika Limited Edition

Kumazzz

:italia:
Tempo: Mika Limited Edition

La forza degli elementi naturali incontra le mille sfumature delle nostre emozioni: benvenuti nel pirotecnico mondo della limited edition Tempo by MIKA

The strength of natural elements meets the thousand shades of our emotions: welcome to the pyrotechnic world of the limited edition Tempo by MIKA

FACEBOOK

INSTAGRAM

La forza degli elementi naturali incontra le mille sfumature delle nostre emozioni: benvenuti nel pirotecnico mondo della limited edition Tempo by @mikainstagram!
#FazzolettiTempo

• Like 1

EckF8xfUYAAhKlu?format=jpg&name=small

TEMPO FAZZOLETTI 10x9 CLASSICI

https://www.piumeshoponline.com/fazzoletti-veline/2756-tempo-fazzoletti-10x9-classici-7322540332735.html

• Marca TEMPO
  • Riferimento S038461

:italia:

Resistente e morbido, è il fazzoletto a quattro veli che non può mancare in tasca. Affidabile anche nell'uso più "impegnativo", è indispensabile in tutte le occasioni e per ogni necessità. In Italia è un "classico" da oltre 50 anni e ha segnato il passaggio dal fazzoletto di stoffa a quello in carta.

:uk:

Resistant and soft, it is the four-ply handkerchief that cannot be missing in your pocket. Reliable even in the most "demanding" use, it is indispensable on all occasions and for every need. In Italy it has been a "classic" for over 50 years and has marked the transition from the cloth to the paper handkerchief.

• Like 1

Facebook

Una nuova limited edition Tempo sta arrivando!
Per farla abbiamo collaborato con un artista molto amato in Italia e all'estero. Seguiteci per scoprire chi è!

INSTAGRAM

Manca pochissimo alla nuova limited edition di Tempo e oggi scopriamo un nuovo indizio.
Avete già capito di chi si tratta?

INSTAGRAM

• Like 2

Do you remember The Greece interview in May ?

I think this TEMPO design project with Yasmine is Mika mentions in this interview.

Athens Voice.gr
Ο MIKA στην Αθήνα τις μέρες της καραντίνας
Γιάννης Νένες

On 5/7/2020 at 4:32 PM, Kumazzz said:

:uk: Google translator

MIKA in Athens during quarantine days

The British-Lebanese popstar Mika stayed in Athens during the quarantine and talks to Athens Voice about his experience.

In the early days of quarantine, going through thousands of photos on social media of artists and non-artists, we were surprised to see one of the most positive and open-hearted pop stars, the British-Lebanese Mika being photographed on an Athenian balcony, telling Athens how he goes home, reading, cooking and enjoying the city.

After posting on the Athens Voice site and several days later, I got the answers to the questions I had sent him. Starting with a polite, apologetic note:

"I would like to apologize for the delay in replying. The truth is that I have refused all interviews at this time. I also saw the warm text you uploaded a few days ago and the report at the end of the article that you are still waiting for my answers. That made me laugh and I decided to answer your questions. I feel very lucky to be in such a good weather during this difficult time. Best wishes. M. »

How did it come about that you are in Athens during the quarantine?

My partner, who is Greek, has a house here. I was at the height of my world tour. I had just finished Australia and New Zealand when the whole Asian tour was canceled. I couldn't go back to Italy because of the complete lockdown, and I didn't want to be the only one in the United States because I would be too far away from my family in Paris. So, I came to Athens 6 weeks ago without knowing exactly what was going to happen.

In which part of Athens do you live in?

It's in Pagrati. I seem to have been in an area where at least 4 musicians live on this road. I have not met them, but I hear them practicing every hour. Pianists, singers, saxophonists. I have a lot of concerts in Bach, Cole Porter, Portuguese Fado and some other uncertain self-designs. I have to admit that the members of this "unofficial orchestra" are much better than others! Even though the playing isn't always amazing, I really like being on a road where you don't see anyone but you hear the music they play. It is very poetic.

Have you been to Athens before?

Many times. Although I was always in a hurry. Before that, my longest stay was 4 days. I can say that I am discovering it for the first time normally, now. It's ironic; everything had to be closed for me to be able to connect normally with the city. To sit, to walk, to listen, to understand it better, without falling into the trap of going to the same restaurants and hotels. I am fascinated by this city and I am really starting to love it, in fact I am thinking of making it a more permanent part of my life.

What is your favorite place in Athens?

I like the popular Friday in the various neighborhoods, especially the one in Mets. At this time, being able to run around the Acropolis and the Observatory without the thousands of tourists is amazing. I feel very, very lucky to be able to see them this way. I run up and down Filopappou and the view of the city fascinates me every time. Athens is full of urban secrets that are not obvious to the tourist at first glance; the shops with ethnic cuisines and restaurants in Omonia, Victoria Square, the Municipal Market and the fact that the sea and the mountains are here next to you. I find this city unique. But my favorite thing is the terraces. I sit on my balcony and spy on other people living their lives. I am very connected to this ocean by terraces and low buildings. At midnight, at the Resurrection, it was spectacular to see the city come alive in the way it did.

What is your favorite food in Athens?

All these past weeks I've been cooking at home. You get tired of delivery very quickly! Also, many good restaurants do not seem to deliver. So I became an expert in the grocery stores in my area! I know which butcher is good and who isn't. I know which greengrocer on my way sells the best tomatoes. I've also learned which employees are friendly and which to avoid! The lady who has the oven nearby makes me smile every time I go. At first it was difficult because I don't speak Greek but now, whenever I go shopping, I say good morning to ten different people.

We have seen that in quarantine days you read some very interesting books. Can you tell me about these books?

I really enjoy a book called "Damascus" by an Australian author, Christos Tsiolkas. These are stories about the lives of various characters, including St. Paul, a generation after the death of Christ. It is a very beautiful book and, through these stories, you are transported to a critical moment of the birth of Christianity. It is appropriate to read something epic at this time, as our reality has somehow been suspended. I also read a book by Ismail Kadare, "Chronicle in Stone". He is a boy who grew up in Albania during World War II. I don't know much about Albania, but I'm very curious. The Balkans in general are very interesting and I think, at least in the UK, we don't learn much about this part of the world, and it's a shame. But my favorite book right now is Albert Camus's "Plague." It's an amazing book. I'm impressed by the striking similarities between what Camus describes in a fantastic 1940s epidemic and what the world is going through now. Everything from emotions to politics, food, drink, and sex. What makes it even more remarkable is that the epidemic, as Camus describes it, never really happened. I find that reading a book that is so closely related to what we live in is extremely comforting. I started reading it and then I started listening to it as I ran down the street, doing my daily exercise. This book, combined with the ancient monuments around me, has made me very interested in philosophy. So I found a university professor from UCL in London who has started and is teaching me through FaceTime. I am currently studying Plato and Socrates in depth. It's amazing to think that I only sleep a few miles away from where Plato's Academy was.

You also have a Swatch watch and Pilot pens. Do you paint at all while you are here, with the quarantine?

I have a small design company with my sister Yasmine. We have just completed a major design program for a product that will be released later this year. The project turned out to be much more complicated than we expected, because we have so much more time at our disposal! They were probably lucky (customers). I paint strange things sometimes that I don't know why I paint them first. I'm reading a story about Native Americans and I believe them, so I painted this a few days ago:

thumbnail_skitso_mika.thumb.jpg.8134b35232cb540686fc6198fb0a51df.jpg

The drawing that MIKA painted a few days ago, during his stay in Athens, in the middle of a pandemic

I always paint with the same pencil and pen technique that you dip in ink.

How do you feel about this whole situation with the corona virus? Do you think it will change our lives in the long run? Are you optimistic?

I am optimistic, even if I am realistic about the painful social and economic consequences it will cause and we will have to deal with. For me personally, this whole situation gave me the opportunity to decompress, so much so that I was curious and full of impatience to learn about new things coming, in a way that I hadn't felt since I was a teenager! Financially, in my work, I have suffered a lot, but I believe that I will creatively get out of this story, better. At least I hope so! And that hope keeps me optimistic. It's a terrible virus, and having gone through what it can do to your loved ones, I can tell you how scary it can be for someone to collapse. I think it's time to ask ourselves and the world around us as many questions as possible. I think the answers can and will come later.

You just released your album in October 2019 and the quarantine started soon after you started your tour. Tell me about the album and the tour.

The album was my own reaction to a moment of instability in my personal life. A very strong, creative reaction to various challenges including the death of several people in my family and friends, my mother's struggle with an incurable disease, changes in my life and the fact that I had to deal with growing up in an industry that is obsessed with youth. My reaction was to grab my colors and make them even brighter and not faded. In music, melody is color, so I wanted an album full of melody and disrespectful lyrics that were both personal and playful. The tour was a continuation of that. This is a huge show that, although it has sets and lighting that fills 6 trucks, is built around me like a one man show. I wanted to create something that would be spectacular but also inward. A kind of circus of one. Until now, it was the most favorite tour of my career and it was going to be my biggest. We would play in big arenas in South Korea as well as at the Lollapaloza festivals in South America and Coachella, and then, for two months, we would tour the United States and Canada. And ALL THESE were canceled! And as it seems now, all the summer festivals in Europe that I would play will be canceled. So I made a decision. When things change again, I will continue from where I left off, and I will play in all the festivals next year, where I was going to play this year. And it will be even more interesting as I will continue to change and make more music. This means that the idea of the show will have evolved and will be more tempting over time. This pause can really be one of the most important and productive things that has happened to me in my life, creatively. I am sure that there will be a huge piece of creativity that will come out of this phase. I hope that what happens in my own process happens to other artists as well; which means that we will have many surprises and interesting things to see released in the coming years.

For the last 7 years you have been living and working in Italy. How do you feel about this country and what do you have to say about the recent tragedy?

I spend a lot of time there but I don't live permanently. The situation is terribly sad and the consequences are not yet clear, I think. We are still in the storm and we are facing this turbulent situation. What scares me is what will happen next; how to maintain morale and hope when people are tired, have fewer supplies, when anger will replace adrenaline. There are so many psychological consequences that are not yet clear. That's why I think it's really time to ask. Italy has suffered a lot, and politically I don't think the European Union has dealt with this crisis in the right way, especially in the early days. Italy will need help, that's for sure. I hope to be able to go there soon. The Italians are very resilient and proud of that.

In what ways has this pandemic changed you, as a human being and as an artist?

In so many ways. I feel it. I feel my mind breathing. I pay more attention to the people I love, even if there is anxiety; there is also connection. I'm also very careful with people I don't want to be in contact with! My curiosity has really intensified and I'm sure that will change me a lot. How exactly? I don't know and I don't need to know at the moment. Now is the time to ask questions. The answers will come later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For people who have the tissues or are going to get them, I'm curious to know are you going to use the tissues?

I'm thinking that if I get any I will use them but just keep the outer packaging. Would love to see a limited edition hard tissue box or maybe those cube shaped boxes too.

I remember that interview too where Mika mentions a design project with Yasmine and when I first saw the release of the tissues I did think that this must be it. I see similarities here to the Pilot pen designs too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

For people who have the tissues or are going to get them, I'm curious to know are you going to use the tissues?

I'm getting several packs, so might use some and just keep the packages, but I think I'll keep one set of designs as it is, just looks nicer than an empty package, and tissues aren't that expensive. :) Also I'll put one individual pack in each of my bags and show everyone who asks for a tissue Mika's cool designs. :biggrin2: It's the same with that Mika Oyster Card holder they sold at his merch stands in 2010 - every time my ticket gets checked on public transport, I'm proud that everyone gets to see this lovely design item. :wub2: And same with the Pilot pens, the Tiny Love design T-Shirt, and the one with the splashes & heart they sold a few years ago. Weirdly, not so much the watches, because they're simply not my style for jewellery.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, mellody said:

Mika Oyster Card holder 

I've only ever seen one of these on eBay and was absolutely gutted when I was outbid 🙁, I'll keep looking. 

I do use my pilot pens too but the loose ones I keep in a nice pen pot and the ones that came in the boxes are on display but again I do use them. I love it when people notice my Mika t-shirts! I have quite the collection now so wear them regularly. As for the Swatch watches they're on display in their original boxes and only worn on special occasions, I'm scared of losing them, breaking them and the straps fading 😅

As for the tissues if I do get any and use them, I've got some toy stuffing that I could always fill the packaging with and then display them on a shelf too! 😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm thinking that if I get any I will use them but just keep the outer packaging. Would love to see a limited edition hard tissue box or maybe those cube shaped boxes too.

I remember that interview too where Mika mentions a design project with Yasmine and when I first saw the release of the tissues I did think that this must be it. I see similarities here to the Pilot pen designs too.

When I get them I´ll keep them to my collection of his creations. I use very few of his designed things like some pilot pens and the Mumu watch, everything else is in my collection box

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I've only ever seen one of these on eBay and was absolutely gutted when I was outbid 🙁, I'll keep looking. 

The problem with these is, they eventually break in the middle if you use them, had to put tape on mine to fix it. To me it doesn't matter, but I could imagine some might've thrown it away instead of putting it up for sale when it was broken. Besides, iirc it was only 5 £, so some might also think it's not worth putting an used one on ebay. They don't realize how rare this is now. :aah:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Usually I don't use what's Limited Edition, like Kukulakuki watch ( only 999 items worldwide)  or the Pilot box with 24 pens ( that I found at some auction in my country :teehee:), so if I get these ones I will keep them in my collection :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Just saw someone posted on Twitter that the designs are also available in France, just with a different brand... dunno if that's true or a fake? :dunno:

It's true. Florine has found it in Cora store in Alsace. It's a small (compact) version of tissues.

• Like 3