Hello from Switzerland to the members of MFC

Prisca

My name is Prisca and I’m a new member of Mika’s fan club. Nice to meet you.

I belong to a linguistic minority in Switzerland: the Romansh population (there are around 45,000 speakers). I work as a translator. Other than English and Romansh, I also speak fluently German, French and Italian, so feel free to contact me in these languages.

I have a busy time behind me and as I’ve received last Saturday the results of my French test (I passed it 😅) and I can now move on and do more than to work and studying for this test, I think it’s time to join MFC. 😃

Actually, I thought 2020 would become a great year, as I dreamed for the first time that I spoke with Mika the night from the 31 December 2019 to the 1 January 2020. I definitely didn’t see the corona crisis coming. Let’s hope there will be soon medications or a vaccination against the virus.

I discovered Mika in 2016. I was at the end of my studies and I had to improve my Italian skills, so I came across X Factor Italy. There I discovered him and got to know him. I think the thing that I like most about him is, that he accepts the people like they are and doesn’t try to change them. In my opinion, there should be more people like Mika on this planet. I knew some of his songs long time before

him. However, I didn’t know who was singing it. Especially, "Relax, Take It Easy" I knew very well. It's difficult for me to choose my favourite song of Mika, I like them all. However, it's summer, so I would say right now "Ice Cream".

As I've never met Mika in person, my picture with his was figure at the Musée Grévin in Paris has to be enough as profile picture for now. 🤣

Take care and stay safe.

Prisca

• Like 8

Hi Prisca and welcome to the MFC :bye:

I think we are all hoping that we will get through the coronavirus situation and get to see Mika again.  In the meantime, have fun on the forum.

23 minutes ago, silver said:

Hi Prisca and welcome to the MFC :bye:

I think we are all hoping that we will get through the coronavirus situation and get to see Mika again.  In the meantime, have fun on the forum.

Thank you silver. :)

9 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Hello Prisca and welcome to the MFC.  :welcomeani: I hope you can meet him soon.  If you want to know more about this forum, take a look at this thread

Thank you for info Mikasister. :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! I love that you are one of the Swiss that speaks all four official languages. And as a bonus English! I admire multilinguals 😊 have fun here! And there are different language sections here too, but I’m sure you’ve already found them 😊 not sure if they have Romansh, though 😆

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 9:39 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

Welcome to the forum! I love that you are one of the Swiss that speaks all four official languages. And as a bonus English! I admire multilinguals 😊 have fun here! And there are different language sections here too, but I’m sure you’ve already found them 😊 not sure if they have Romansh, though 😆

Thank you a lot holdingyourdrink. 😀

Well, there are a so many things I CAN'T do, so there I have no choice than choose something that I can. Yes, I speak five languages, but none of them as good as someone should speak a mother tongue. :doh: Sometimes I think it would be much better to speak only two languages but them without mistakes. Perhaps I'm also a bit too negative. 😀

Well, I'm sure I have an advantage too. A multilingual country like Switzerland is certainly not the wrong place to learn languages.

My friend last year, when his child came into the kindergarten: "Well Prisca, if you want to study languages, there are 16 children in my son's class and they have 11 different first languages.":jawdrop:Thank you, yes I found the different language sections. I didn't meet any Romansh here up to now, but no problem as my family and most of my friends are Romansh speaking. By the way, you are well-informed that you know that Switzerland has four official languages. 🥰

• Like 1