Hi! My name is Rory, I'm 18, and I'm from Colorado. I've been lurking on here for the last few months and figured it was about time that I made an account and said hello. I've really been enjoying the Instagram lives that y'all have been doing- it's a lot of fun to get to see people from around the world all talking about Mika. Anyways, my need to understand what Mika was saying during the Radio Italia Ora thing won out over procrastination and social anxiety so here I am lol

As for how I discovered Mika, it's kind of a long story. Like, four years ago, I was in I think my second year of learning French and I wanted to start listening to some French music. A blog post I saw recommended Mika, and so the first Mika song I ever heard was Elle Me Dit and the second was Boum Boum Boum (which, looking back on it is quite funny... 14 year old me listening to Boum Boum Boum and then reading the youtube comments... yeah). Then I heard a bunch of his other songs, and from there listened to him on and off. Fast forward to the beginning of quarantine, I was putting together a playlist and wanted to add some music I hadn't heard in while, so I went to Mika's page and saw that he had released a whole new album while I wasn't paying attention! I became absolutely obsessed with MNIMH, and then after falling down the rabbit hole of watching interviews and live shows, obsessed with Mika in general. So yeah, there you go, and it's nice to meet you all!

• Like 5
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi! My name is Rory, I'm 18, and I'm from Colorado. I've been lurking on here for the last few months and figured it was about time that I made an account and said hello. I've really been enjoying the

Thanks for the nice words about the Insta Lives - glad you've been enjoying them. And so glad that you made your way here!

Hi Rory and welcome to the MFC. I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum as much you enjoy insta lives     To know how the forum works, take a look at this thread.   Have a lot of fun!!

:welcomeani:

Thanks for the nice words about the Insta Lives - glad you've been enjoying them. And so glad that you made your way here!

• Like 2

Hi Rory and welcome to the MFC. I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum as much you enjoy insta lives  :welcomeani:   To know how the forum works, take a look at this thread.

Have a lot of fun!!

• Like 2

Hello Rory and welcome to the MFC. I hope you have a lot of fun here. Mika is very addictive, he caught me for already nearly 13 years now. I´m Sabine from Germany

• Like 2

Hi and welcome to the MFC :bye:

Glad you decided to stop lurking, there's lots more to discover here.

• Like 1

Hi, Rory! :bye: Welcome and enjoy the place, I hope you'll find here a lot of material to catch up :welcomeani: 

15 hours ago, ramonapest said:

which, looking back on it is quite funny... 14 year old me listening to Boum Boum Boum and then reading the youtube comments... yeah

And seeing the live performance of this song it's another story, one of the best moments during a gig :wub2:

• Like 2

Hi Rory! :bye:

I'm Gabriella and I live in Italy, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC! :welcomeani:

Have fun here and see you around... :mikadas:

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...