Big Software Update Notice!

dcdeb

5 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I have this on my mobile. And I couldn't upload a photo. Now I am on my laptop and I changed the Theme into "Default". So I was able to upload a photo.

I'm also on default theme and had a hard time to upload the screenshot 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 1:57 PM, mellody said:

FYI, since the last update, the forum software is automatically archiving all threads that haven't been active for 5 years or longer. That means they're still there but not available in the search function anymore. I read that some of you said the website was faster for them now, I think that might be the (or one) reason. However, there's some things we'd like to keep in the search function, especially interviews and gig report threads. So over time we're gonna unarchive those, which unfortunately has to be done manually for each thread, so that is rather a task for months (at least) than for days.

Anyway if you can't find a certain old thread that you're looking for in the search function, you'll have to look through the forum pages, it's not gone. 

Well, i picked a bad time to decide my list of Mika's past tour dates needs a photo from every gig. I can find old threads with google search, but when i open the thread they say "This topic's posts are not available currently. Please try again in a few minutes."

For example:

On 10/8/2020 at 2:29 PM, dcdeb said:

Dee, I also assumed that you only edited the Mikapedia in places, not the whole thing each and every time.

It seems to me that there must be something we can do to make things easier, not harder, for you. I'll look into it some more.

thanks for trying, but i think it's actually okay. i've come to terms with the changes and found ways to get around not having BB code.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kreacher said:

Well, i picked a bad time to decide my list of Mika's past tour dates needs a photo from every gig. I can find old threads with google search, but when i open the thread they say "This topic's posts are not available currently. Please try again in a few minutes."

We don't know why it does that for some of the threads. We still hope they'll fix these things with the next forum software update, but for now the only thing that gets back the posts is unarchive these threads manually. The one you've linked to I unarchived now, so it should be back in a couple of minutes. You can DM me the links to the ones you need that don't show the posts if you want, then I'll unarchive them for you. Most threads should still show the posts.

• Thanks 1

Apparently, our tech people have been working on some things and we've been seeing some glitches.

Today, they issued a bug fix, which I will install tonight. Hopefully that will take care of some of the issues we've been seeing!

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi,

I recently posted a long interview text in the Italian news thread.

When I see the post in theme of MFC2020, it looks messy - there is no space between lines. It's not reader friendly. In defaut theme, it's looking fine.

Edited by NaoMika

8 hours ago, NaoMika said:

Hi,

When I see the post in theme of MFC2020, it looks messy - there is no space between lines. It's not reader friendly. In defaut theme, it's looking fine.

I see what you mean, though I don't know why it happens.  It's like the MFC2020 theme doesn't recognise the soft return.

Anyway, I've edited the text for you and put in some line spaces (hopefully in the right place).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, silver said:

I see what you mean, though I don't know why it happens.  It's like the MFC2020 theme doesn't recognise the soft return.

Anyway, I've edited the text for you and put in some line spaces (hopefully in the right place).

Hmm, I'm not sure where we would need to correct that in the theme template. I'll take a look, or maybe @mellody has some ideas?

15 hours ago, NaoMika said:

Hi,

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Hmm, I'm not sure where we would need to correct that in the theme template. I'll take a look, or maybe @mellody has some ideas?

We had changed that in the CSS already for the software update a few years ago, because they had made some changes to the spacing and we wanted it to look like in the old version. But we didn't change the default theme. I've set it to default now in the MFC 2020 theme, but not sure that's better? Just adds a lot of space everywhere and doesn't let me add a new line without making a paragraph. :dunno: But if everyone prefers it like this, we can keep it.

51 minutes ago, mellody said:

We had changed that in the CSS already for the software update a few years ago, because they had made some changes to the spacing and we wanted it to look like in the old version. But we didn't change the default theme. I've set it to default now in the MFC 2020 theme, but not sure that's better? Just adds a lot of space everywhere and doesn't let me add a new line without making a paragraph. :dunno: But if everyone prefers it like this, we can keep it.

No, far too much space now.  I think it's better to add space yourself if you want it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krysady said:

I'm trying to post a link from IG since yesterday, but I keep get this message:

Screenshot (125).png

I have to say from the error message it looks like an IG problem, not ours

1 hour ago, krysady said:

I'm trying to post a link from IG since yesterday, but I keep get this message:

Screenshot (125).png

I'm occasionally getting this too, but usually after a while it works. :dunno: @dcdeb any idea?

16 hours ago, silver said:

No, far too much space now.  I think it's better to add space yourself if you want it

ok I'll change it back when I'm at the PC again.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, silver said:

I have to say from the error message it looks like an IG problem, not ours

I thought about that initially, but now I've seen a post of Eriko and it looks the same. I also tried from my phone and still the same problem :dunno:

Edited by krysady

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I'm occasionally getting this too, but usually after a while it works. :dunno: @dcdeb any idea?

I got it too before, but never lasted for two days, that's why I supposed it's not an IG issue, they would have fix it by now.

OK, when I just paste the link I get the same error message, but when I post the IG "embed code" into the source code it works fine. So I'm not sure if it's an issue on our end, or Instagram has changed the way they do things -- they did make a lot of changes recently when they celebrated their 10th anniversary. I'll dig around a little  more to see what I can find.

A post shared by MIKA (@mikainstagram) on

• Like 2

On 10/25/2020 at 4:18 PM, dcdeb said:

they did make a lot of changes recently when they celebrated their 10th anniversary.

I've been reading a bit about their latest updates, but can't find anything about that issue, that's why I thought it could be from our software : https://blog.hootsuite.com/instagram-updates/ . Initially I thought it's a theme bug, but I see it happens on both themes :dunno_grin:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, krysady said:

I've been reading a bit about their latest updates, but can't find anything about that issue, that's why I thought it could be from our software : https://blog.hootsuite.com/instagram-updates/ . Initially I thought it's a theme bug, but I see it happens on both themes :dunno_grin:

I have had that problem with sharing instagram posts on facebook since mid September so it's not only on MFC and most probably due to instagram.

49 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I have had that problem with sharing instagram posts on facebook since mid September so it's not only on MFC and most probably due to instagram.

It's weird, I could share here on MFC posts from IG until two days ago, it worked fine before :dunno:

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 9:26 PM, silver said:

I made a mistake when changing it back a few weeks ago, so it didn't work, but now I fixed it.

On 10/26/2020 at 11:23 PM, krysady said:

It's weird, I could share here on MFC posts from IG until two days ago, it worked fine before :dunno:

As for the Instagram embedding - it only works at a desktop, if you choose the embed code on IG and paste it here in the source view. On my mobile I don't get that option on IG.

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2020 at 3:58 PM, dcdeb said:

I mentioned this in the chat, but I'll say it here, too -- I discovered tons of new emoticons while restoring our missing ones. Anything you'd like an emoticon for, that I should add?

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all fine.  :original:

It's not that important but does everybody have all smileys back by now? I still just have the Emoticons2 and the Recently Used ones. :dunno_grin: