Live stream benefit concert ‘I Love Beirut’, 19 Sept 2020

giraffeandy

35 minutes ago, carafon said:

Are you sure it's on sunday ?

I'd rather say monday in Europe 

Btw If it's monday I've got one spare ticket because I was not supposed to work on monday but my schedule has been changed so I won't be able to watch it

So if you know somebody in need , feel free to contact me

Oh, you're right, it's Monday

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paoletta said:

@Anna Ko Kolkowska i'm so sad.because  my parents  don't want me to be on the pc in the evening... that's all!!! sorry😢

1 hour ago, Amy hudsone said:

Yes you are right, and I guess if you buy a ticket for AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND & ASIA, you can watch the concert Sunday at noon 

13 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

Oh, you're right, it's Monday

No, it's Sunday evening in Japan, which means Sunday noon in Europe, we're 7 hours behind Japan. It's Sunday 12:00 noon CET, so Paoletta, maybe you can watch that, in Italy that's not in the evening. Just buy a ticket for the Asia / Australia timezone instead of the Eurpean one.

If I understand this article right, it will also be streamed on some Video on demand channels and the money of it will go to Beirut: https://www.france24.com/fr/20200916-explosions-à-beyrouth-le-chanteur-mika-organise-un-concert-caritatif-virtuel?fbclid=IwAR0WO-S-G2yZ7r1JVAZLvp6zecH3oB2lHkuR2FaT-U2xTmocOH8jwGvkblA - but don't know if that's just the same times or if it will be available later.

Edit: translation by Anna in the French press thread

9 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Very interesting information here:

"Le samedi 19 septembre, à 21h, heure française, suivez en direct le concert de Mika, sur la page YouTube du chanteur.

De plus, l'ensemble des opérateurs : Bouygues, Canal +, Free, Orange et SFR ont également accepté de s’associer à cet évènement et de le rendre disponible en une de leur système VOD, en plus de la diffusion en direct. Ces sociétés ont accepté de reverser l’intégralité des fonds récoltés au dispositif mis en place par l’artiste Mika."

On Saturday, September 19, at 9 p.m. KST, follow Mika's concert live on the singer's YouTube page.

In addition, all of the operators: Bouygues, Canal +, Free, Orange and SFR have also agreed to join this event and make it available on one of their VOD systems, in addition to the live broadcast. These companies have agreed to donate all of the funds raised to the scheme set up by artist Mika.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hm, from the previews in C'a vous it looks like indeed most of it (if not all?) will be prerecorded. :dunno: Well, so maybe Mika will have time to join the livechat. :mf_rosetinted: And we'll miss all of his comments because it's going too fast. :lmfao: In the TV show he said again that he misses the connection with the audience and that he'll try to do this with this gig. Tbh I can't imagine how, with a prerecorded show, but who knows, he's an expert at surprising us, right? :biggrin2:

We knew that Max and Wouter would be playing at the gig, but in the video I think I can also see Tim? And a new keyboarder.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mellody said:

Hm, from the previews in C'a vous it looks like indeed most of it (if not all?) will be prerecorded. :dunno: Well, so maybe Mika will have time to join the livechat. :mf_rosetinted: And we'll miss all of his comments because it's going too fast. :lmfao: In the TV show he said again that he misses the connection with the audience and that he'll try to do this with this gig. Tbh I can't imagine how, with a prerecorded show, but who knows, he's an expert at surprising us, right? :biggrin2:

We knew that Max and Wouter would be playing at the gig, but in the video I think I can also see Tim? And a new keyboarder.

With Mika you never know.

In the Italian press - where he was recording Lollipop they said that Mika first wanted to rent a theatre and then he changed his mind and did the recording in the street.

So what we have seen in the preview it might be a rehearsal? Or not?

It's true that with all his guestes from all over the world it would be hard to do 100% live.

We will see. I am sure we will be surprised - in a positive way.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

With Mika you never know.

In the Italian press - where he was recording Lollipop they said that Mika first wanted to rent a theatre and then he changed his mind and did the recording in the street.

So what we have seen in the preview it might be a rehearsal? Or not?

It's true that with all his guestes from all over the world it would be hard to do 100% live.

We will see. I am sure we will be surprised - in a positive way.

I think it's only Lollipop in the street, in one of those articles I read that after recording that, he went back into the theatre. I suppose with the Funk Off band it was better to do in an open space, the stage doesn't look that big. And in the introduction of the Le Figaro article that Vanessa has posted in the French press thread, it says the show is built around a performance in that theatre.

I don't mind that it's not 100% live, but it looks now like it'll be 100% recorded... :rolleyes: Ok at least that way it won't make a difference in which timezone you're watching, if none of it is actually live. :teehee:

Well, as you say, we'll see.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

I don't mind that it's not 100% live, but it looks now like it'll be 100% recorded... :rolleyes: Ok at least that way it won't make a difference in which timezone you're watching, if none of it is actually live. :teehee:

Well, as you say, we'll see.

I've just watched the Quotidien interview. And actually yes, Mika sais that it has been pre-recorded - "but like it was live". 

So it's a movie.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, krysady said:

He said in Quotidien that the show it's not live, it's recorded and it was filmed in 9 different countries with 14 teams. Mika starts at 26:45: https://www.tf1.fr/tmc/quotidien-avec-yann-barthes/videos/quotidien-deuxieme-partie-du-17-septembre-2020-53710403.html

Ah, thanks. Well, idk, will he do an IG live after each of the shows to connect with his fans? :dunno: I'm sure the show will be beautiful, like Casa Mika - but the most beautiful about Casa Mika was his monologues, which I only understood with the subtitles - and although I think this one will be at least partly in English, there'll be many fans watching who don't understand English. Well ok if it's prerecorded, he can add subtitles (if that's possible in a YT livestream? No idea...). Just... well. We'll see.

Anyway, as I said before, the main thing is that it gets a lot of visibility to collect money for Beirut, and he definitely achieved this goal with all the promo and the many famous guests. :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

Maybe it was meant to be live and intimate, then after he had reached out to many friends and everyone said yes, it got the gears rolling and they collaborated in to making it spectacular. What I imagine happened was that it got bigger than him, so he made it bigger and in many regards also better, because now it’s an entire well thought of show with perfect lighting and sound. 

As sad as it may be, 2020 has showed us that everything is being redefined. “Personal” is through a screen. We can tune in from all over the world, but how amazing that is, it will make it impersonal, it will always stay that way. So why not optimize it? I can understand, but would’ve loved for it to be an imperfect, intimate thing from his garden. 

We’ll enjoy nonetheless 😊

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

and although I think this one will be at least partly in English, there'll be many fans watching who don't understand English.

This is really a big question... my guess is that it will be in English most of the part, this time is not a gig in Italy or France, it's a worldwide event.

8 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

What I imagine happened was that it got bigger than him, so he made it bigger and in many regards also better, because now it’s an entire well thought of show with perfect lighting and sound. 

Yes, the bet it's too big to risk at this level, too many eyes on this and things has to be perfect to reach the goal. No room for technical problems or other unexpected incidents, even if his fans would definitely prefer his spontaneity and genuine live reactions :teehee:  

• Like 3

Ah, and he said that Any Other World will be part of the show. :wub2: It's not one of my fave Mika songs, but I had hoped he'd sing it, as I connect it to Lebanon more than any other Mika song, because of Rafa's story. And the lyrics also fit so well to these times. I'm sure that'll be an emotional moment.

• Like 7

Just a random thought, maybe this is a kickstart of many of these kind of projects to come? Isn’t that a dream of his, to be a creative director and be innovative?

This will be a very first with such a huge collaboration from all over the world, what if he’s the Pionier in that regard? 

Or will it remain a one time thing and he will move on to other projects, because he wants to reinvent himself all the time and doing the same thing over and over is not how he innovates. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Just a random thought, maybe this is a kickstart of many of these kind of projects to come? Isn’t that a dream of his, to be a creative director and be innovative?

This will be a very first with such a huge collaboration from all over the world, what if he’s the Pionier in that regard? 

Or will it remain a one time thing and he will move on to other projects, because he wants to reinvent himself all the time and doing the same thing over and over is not how he innovates. 

He just said in another interview that he doesn't want to copy himself. So I think this kind of charity concert with guests from all over the world will remain a one time thing. But the experience will probably affect his work in the future in one way or another. Him being the creative director for that Canadian show might be something that came out of it, and I can imagine there's more to come that is connected to his work on the I❤Beirut gig.

So re. your question, I think it's not either or, but both. :wink2:

At least from what I got in the French interviews yesterday, he still plans to continue his tour when it's possible again. It's fantastic imo that he's using the time in between to develop as an artist, with different projects, and it'll surely be good for him and us eventually, imagine what he might do on his next tour with all those experiences! :mf_lustslow:

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, mellody said:

He just said in another interview that he doesn't want to copy himself. So I think this kind of charity concert with guests from all over the world will remain a one time thing. But the experience will probably affect his work in the future in one way or another. Him being the creative director for that Canadian show might be something that came out of it, and I can imagine there's more to come that is connected to his work on the I❤Beirut gig.

So re. your question, I think it's not either or, but both. :wink2:

At least from what I got in the French interviews yesterday, he still plans to continue his tour when it's possible again. It's fantastic imo that he's using the time in between to develop as an artist, with different projects, and it'll surely be good for him and us eventually, imagine what he might do on his next tour with all those experiences! :mf_lustslow:

I hope he will then add a European leg to his tour. I know I know, he already finished it, but maybe with new material he will just reinvent the tour as soon as he can continue... Revelation 2.0 😊

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Mika just arrived at the theater and stands on a piano 🤣, does this mean it’s half live performances and half pre recorded?? 

Or does he just randomly stands on piano’s. I mean, to each their own 🤣😜

I think these photos are from the rehearsals, not the recent ones.