Live stream benefit concert ‘I Love Beirut’, 19 Sept 2020

giraffeandy

34 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But anyway there is as well an interview in Le Figaro but you have to pay to read it :shocked:

The interview from Le Figaro have been posted yesterday by NaoMika in the French Press thread

Edited by krysady
  • Thanks 1

Wow, the forum changed (chromatically) a lot!

Dear friends, what a beautiful concert!

Very nice MIKA performances from the tiny Italian theatre.

Tiny location, tiny concert, big and sincere love for Beirut.

The contribute of all people involved are praiseworthy and generous but I am not particularly touched by some of the apparitions by female artists. Good the intention but insignificant and/or out of topic the performances.

On the contrary the duet of Mika and Mashrou Leila performing Promiseland (fantastic song) is pure art, musically and visually.

Compliments to Mika and these Lebanese artists I didn’t know before for this gift, for this precious arrangement and for the incredible set design.

Very original and joyful the performance of Lollipop in the Italian village with Funk Off. What a crazy group of red t-shirt men! A touch of funny is important even in a serious initiative.

And my Oscar for the special appearance goes to the newborn.

His eccentric way to say OK to the question of his father is a symbol of hope and confidence for the future. My best wishes to this lovely family.

Yours sincerely

Allegra

P.S.

When I was waiting the start of the concert I came across in an Italian web event, organized by some members of the cast of Italian XFactor. The intention was to be in support to I Love Beirut. I supposed this and I was confident, without prejudges, expecting something interesting. On the contrary the chatting I heard was totally out of topic and they continued their insignificant chat even when Mika concert started. At 9 pm they even didn’t say: “I love Beirut is starting, enjoy the event”. And they continued to chat during the concert (I took a brief look a couple of times during the streaming). This was very disrespectful and insulting.  Anyway this big amount of superficiality and banality just emphasized how deep, serious and professional was the I Love Beirut initiative.

:bye:

Update

Always about that fake supporting event: later on the night the same streaming from the same channel became a live commentary of a videogame session. A videogame very violent were they were killing people for fun. Awful. What horrible and useless people circulate around Mika in this Xfactor edition...

Dear Beirut, as an italian, I apologize for all this. 

Edited by allegra
  • Like 4

wow, Mika's livestream was so moving. Loved it in its entirety. I always loved the song "Any Other World" especially when they used it in the TV Show "The Good Wife" and now seeing it interspersed with the tragic segments of life interrupted by the terrible explosion, I will think of this song so differently now. The lyrics are so much more meaningful now to me. I sure do hope they offer this on DVD or in any other format to purchase.                        and best of all for me..........MIKA GAVE A SHOUT-OUT TO CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!!   going to do a happy dance now :yes:

• Like 2

The concert was beautiful.  I really liked the duets he sang with Danna Paola and I loved seeing Kylie.  The other artists were fantastic as well, but Mika was the highlight of course.  His performance of Any Other World was very touching, and I loved it when he sang We Are Golden as this song has helped me through so many hard times.

It was strange not to hear an applause after every song, but this was to be expected.  I seriously cannot wait until live events return, but I think it was lovely of Mika to organise this special concert.  It just goes to show that music brings hope in even the darkest of times.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Starlight said:

Someone recorded the whole concert and uploaded it on YouTube. :cheerful_h4h:

Don't get me wrong I'm glad to watch it again and again but is this really fair? Especially when nearly 20,000 people payed to watch the live stream. The concert is for charity, it was never intended to be a free event. Whoever uploaded this would surely need permission? 🤔 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Don't get me wrong I'm glad to watch it again and again but is this really fair? Especially when nearly 20,000 people payed to watch the live stream. The concert is for charity, it was never intended to be a free event. Whoever uploaded this would surely need permission? 🤔 

2 hours ago, Starlight said:

Someone recorded the whole concert and uploaded it on YouTube. :cheerful_h4h:

I am surprised too that someone posted the charity concert in full version.

In France the video will be on cable tv platforms  for 10 EUR till the 7th of October. Maybe in other countries they will do the same.

Now some people will not pay to watch. Pitty... 

I hope Mika will decide soon to put it on his channel.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I have to admit I downloaded the video too before it was shut down because I wanted to rewatch the gig today and I wasn't sure how long the link will work so I'm the last to judge even though I was going to use it just for my own purposes, I wouldn't upload it anywhere... But I think YouTube isn't the best platform if you don't want people to get the video because it's so easy to convert it. It was just a matter of time till someone uploads the whole gig. However, I still hope there will be an official way to buy it too, I would still pay for it. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, giraffeandy said:

I have to admit I downloaded the video too before it was shut down because I wanted to rewatch the gig today and I wasn't sure how long the link will work so I'm the last to judge even though I was going to use it just for my own purposes, I wouldn't upload it anywhere... But I think YouTube isn't the best platform if you don't want people to get the video because it's so easy to convert it. It was just a matter of time till someone uploads the whole gig. However, I still hope there will be an official way to buy it too, I would still pay for it. 

As you said you did download the video just for you. You paid for the ticket.

But putting it on his/her own account and adding in the description that is the concert to collect money by Mika (looks like copy/paste from some other source) is really out of line.

I left my comment under the video.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

You're quite right... All us paid for watching the stream and I guess it should rather be an official release.

I don't think that this person had a permission though due to what @Anna Ko Kolkowska said about the description.

54 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Same for me. Well, the difference is really that we both had a ticket and didn't just do it that way.

And of course I would prefer to have a DVD some time as I'm a fan of physical copies anyway :teehee:

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Starlight said:

And of course I would prefer to have a DVD some time as I'm a fan of physical copies anyway :teehee:

Me too I would like to have a physical copy.

I am affraid that now it is not "profitable" as a part of the production costs would be too high. Especially for the charity purpose.

You have to print them, make a distribution and it takes time to get money to send to any charity organisation.

I hope I am wrong.  

I burned myself a copy of Mika in Brooklyn Steel to have one on my shelf. I love to feel a box in my hand :lol3:

• Like 5

I've deleted the video links here @Starlight.

Please don't share such links here (or anywhere, really), it might not be a DVD (yet), but we should treat it like one, because obviously they're still collecting funds for Beirut with it (via French VOD). And who knows what other plans they have with it. It's a very special video, one that Mika, his team and many others put a lot of work and heart in, and although *we* might buy everything he releases, there's enough people on the internet who wouldn't. So I find it sad that there's so many videos of the gig circulating on the web, and especially those that show the whole gig. It's a gem and I think it should be treated as one. I hope there'll be a DVD of it eventually, or a paid download, so everyone who pays for it can rewatch it as often as they want to. Or maybe they'll put it online after the VOD videos have expired. But for now, please don't share. 

• Like 9