Live stream benefit concert ‘I Love Beirut’, 19 Sept 2020

giraffeandy

5 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

190'000GBP on GoFundMe!!!!!!!!!

Can anybody confirm that on YouTube there was over 150'000 vues? Someone on FB said so.

I've seen the counter about 11am (it was "only: 57'000) , so it was before the last time zone goes on air.

image.thumb.png.3c8eda9b76b8b028625e7ffdc92a8ff1.png

Wow! That's so amazing! :cheer:

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

I've deleted the video links here @Starlight.

Please don't share such links here (or anywhere, really), it might not be a DVD (yet), but we should treat it like one, because obviously they're still collecting funds for Beirut with it (via French VOD). And who knows what other plans they have with it. It's a very special video, one that Mika, his team and many others put a lot of work and heart in, and although *we* might buy everything he releases, there's enough people on the internet who wouldn't. So I find it sad that there's so many videos of the gig circulating on the web, and especially those that show the whole gig. It's a gem and I think it should be treated as one. I hope there'll be a DVD of it eventually, or a paid download, so everyone who pays for it can rewatch it as often as they want to. Or maybe they'll put it online after the VOD videos have expired. But for now, please don't share. 

Alright, thanks for deleting! :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Can anybody confirm that on YouTube there was over 150'000 vues?

Last time I checked around 1pm and there were 59.700 views.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't saved the video and now I feel sorry, would have been nice to watch it again and again... I thought it would be available for more time  :doh:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Stefania Serafin said:

Looks like they are sold out :(

Strange that they are sold out on mikasounds.com because you can still order them here: https://shop.virginemi.com/mika/ (I prefer this shop because it ships from the UK instead of the US). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

Strange that they are sold out on mikasounds.com because you can still order them here: https://shop.virginemi.com/mika/ (I prefer this shop because it ships from the UK instead of the US). 

I think I will order one from Virgin too. Size M.

I ordered size L on US website but it looks that they are veeeery large.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, mellody said:

I've deleted the video links here @Starlight.

Please don't share such links here (or anywhere, really), it might not be a DVD (yet), but we should treat it like one, because obviously they're still collecting funds for Beirut with it (via French VOD). And who knows what other plans they have with it. It's a very special video, one that Mika, his team and many others put a lot of work and heart in, and although *we* might buy everything he releases, there's enough people on the internet who wouldn't. So I find it sad that there's so many videos of the gig circulating on the web, and especially those that show the whole gig. It's a gem and I think it should be treated as one. I hope there'll be a DVD of it eventually, or a paid download, so everyone who pays for it can rewatch it as often as they want to. Or maybe they'll put it online after the VOD videos have expired. But for now, please don't share. 

Thanks for this, Karin. I feel the same way. This program started as an effort to raise funds, so giving it away for free seems to defeat that purpose, especially if indeed they decide to offer it as a DVD or digital download in the future.

5 hours ago, Stefania Serafin said:

Looks like they are sold out :(

5 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

Hmm, that's odd that they would be sold out on Mika's own site, but still available -- for preorder -- somewhere else. I'll look into that.

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I have heard about Rufus but I never listened to his music. His voice is so beautiful. I have to learn more about him ♥️

You definitely should, Anna. He has a voice like a cello. And he's a wonderful performer. Start with the classic "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk" -- that was the first song of his I ever heard. Then, go through all of his albums. You won't be sorry! 😍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Thanks for this, Karin. I feel the same way. This program started as an effort to raise funds, so giving it away for free seems to defeat that purpose, especially if indeed they decide to offer it as a DVD or digital download in the future.

Hmm, that's odd that they would be sold out on Mika's own site, but still available -- for preorder -- somewhere else. I'll look into that.

You definitely should, Anna. He has a voice like a cello. And he's a wonderful performer. Start with the classic "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk" -- that was the first song of his I ever heard. Then, go through all of his albums. You won't be sorry! 😍

In all honesty, I really like Rufus but I like his sister Martha a lot more 😉

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DAGUIN said:

Hi,

Unfortunately, unless you're in France there's no way to see the rest of the show now. The ticket you bought was for one showing at a specific time. The video is not available now. Although we're all waiting for the possibility of a DVD or digital download release.

• Like 2

From the interviews Mika had recently given, I realized that I Love Beirut would be a special event, but I never thought it would be so extraordinary. It was the best birthday present I ever got. It was wonderful to see Mika, Wouter, Max and Tim on stage. Mitch was not there, but Fabio was very good and replaced him without problems. I loved the Arabic version of Promiseland and the duet with Danna Paola in It must have been love. After seeing and seeing this show several times I can say that it was perfect. Congratulations to Mika and all his staff. I hope he does more live streaming, with him, the band and us. That’s all there's to it. I'm very proud of Mika and very happy with the amount of money that he managed to reach with donations and I hope in a DVD. 🙏

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Gabry74 said:

From the interviews Mika had recently given, I realized that I Love Beirut would be a special event, but I never thought it would be so extraordinary. It was the best birthday present I ever got. It was wonderful to see Mika, Wouter, Max and Tim on stage. Mitch was not there, but Fabio was very good and replaced him without problems. I loved the Arabic version of Promiseland and the duet with Danna Paola in It must have been love. After seeing and seeing this show several times I can say that it was perfect. Congratulations to Mika and all his staff. I hope he does more live streaming, with him, the band and us. That’s all there's to it. I'm very proud of Mika and very happy with the amount of money that he managed to reach with donations and I hope in a DVD. 🙏

I completely agree! Me and my daughter were completely captured by the whole thing. It really felt like Mika was there dancing and singing for us :) And those stories....so so touching.

• Like 3

On 9/21/2020 at 9:24 PM, dcdeb said:

Hi,

Unfortunately, unless you're in France there's no way to see the rest of the show now. The ticket you bought was for one showing at a specific time. The video is not available now. Although we're all waiting for the possibility of a DVD or digital download release.

Mika will be on a French radio soon and we can send the radio questions for the interview. I suggest we all ask when the DVD will be out.

https://www.champagnefm.com/jeuxconcours/mika-invite-de-la-famille-816

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

I think he doesn't have answers for so many questions  :sweatdrop:

Maybe he even has a list of things the moderator isn't allowed to ask him...with all potential upcoming releases on the first spot. :lol3:

• Haha 3