Live stream benefit concert ‘I Love Beirut’, 19 Sept 2020

giraffeandy

Today on the French radio Champagne FM Mika said that the organisation of the concert was a huge challenge but it was worth it.

They did not announce it yet but all the records of the streaming of a concert in the WORLD were broke.  

Here is an audio with this part.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Today on the French radio Champagne FM Mika said that the organisation of the concert was a huge challenge but it was worth it.

They did not announce it yet but all the records of the streaming of a concert in the WORLD were broke.  

Here is an audio with this part.

:clap::yay:

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The world record is 756,000 for a BTS concert this year in June, so yeah, this is great! :clap:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

I don't think they broke this record, it's huge. Maybe, they broke records in some countries (France, Italy, Mexico...)

In the interview he explicitly spoke about the whole world. If you count all the followers of him and his guests together it's millions, so I can well imagine that they might have reached one million.

How much were tickets for the BTS gig, does anyone know?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, mellody said:

In the interview he explicitly spoke about the whole world. If you count all the followers of him and his guests together it's millions, so I can well imagine that they might have reached one million.

How much were tickets for the BTS gig, does anyone know?

I don'y know, we saw the views on youtube, it was around 60 000, maybe it didn't show all the views, but I would be really surprised if they reach 700 000, like :excite:. For BTS concert the ticket costs $25, but it's BTS the biggest boys band currently

14 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

I don'y know, we saw the views on youtube, it was around 60 000, maybe it didn't show all the views, but I would be really surprised if they reach 700 000, like :excite:. For BTS concert the ticket costs $25, but it's BTS the biggest boys band currently

I had to google BTS, I am getting old.. 🤣

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I had to google BTS, I am getting old.. 🤣

Some of my Twitter friends (Hi @mariposa :bye:) are fans, that's how I know who they are. :naughty: Without that, I wouldn't know either. 😅

42 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

BTS concert the ticket costs $25, but it's BTS the biggest boys band currently

They don't have that many more followers than Danna Paola, and she has a lot of teenage fans as well, I think. I don't know how likely Danna's followers were to buy tickets for the Beirut gig, but if we assume that the difference to the BTS followers isn't big, the 15$ less might have made a difference. Plus the followers of Mika, Rufus, Laura and Kylie, who are not that many and maybe not as likely to watch a livestream as the teenagers, but if they do, they have no problem

to buy a ticket.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mellody said:

Some of my Twitter friends (Hi @mariposa :bye:) are fans, that's how I know who they are. :naughty: Without that, I wouldn't know either. 😅

They don't have that many more followers than Danna Paola, and she has a lot of teenage fans as well, I think. I don't know how likely Danna's followers were to buy tickets for the Beirut gig, but if we assume that the difference to the BTS followers isn't big, the 15$ less might have made a difference. Plus the followers of Mika, Rufus, Laura and Kylie, who are not that many and maybe not as likely to watch a livestream as the teenagers, but if they do, they have no problem

to buy a ticket.

If you mean by followers, "instagram followers", they don't represent fans who are willing to buy tickets. BTS are really huge in the US, they have young fans, mainly girls. But I would be glad to be wrong :excite:🥰

Just read that the live stream of BTS was via WeVerse, a South Korean app and website, not Youtube. The record for YT was set by Andrea Bocelli's performance on Easter 2020 and it's over 2,8 million viewers :teehee: ... but that was a free event, so doesn't count.  So maybe Mika set a world record for payed YT livestreaming :wink2:  However, he is clearly very pleased with the result so that's what matters :thumb_yello:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think no matter how many tickets Mika sold. For sure it was a huge number if we know that the project was "just an idea created at the kitchen table".

Nobody expected the result. Mika looks really surprised by statistics and it was a charity concert. So the only winner is Beirut.

That's for sure, I am so proud of him!!!!!

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, mellody said:

I’m listening to them on Spotify now to expand my musical knowledge 😅 I think I can safely say that their demographic is wayyyyyy different than Mika’s! 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It looks like the stock of t-shirts I Love Beirut on Mikasounds website  has been unblocked.

No more information that you can't order them.

image.thumb.png.c65374436c51802169a258dae9d0b132.png

The shipping should start on Friday so I hope it arrives in the next two weeks so I can wear it for my distance classes next month... :aah:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Wonderful!!! Insane!!! Amazing!!! Only words that I can think of and that fit so well 🎉❤️

Yes, it's a huge amount! And this is after all costs deducted :-)

When I was calculating a possible amount just after the concert and I said that it WOULD be possible to have 1 milion I though that it's almost hard to believe.

BUT IT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :toot:

• Like 4

The concert will be broadcast in the Italian TV Sky Uno and Now TV the 11th of October at 21:15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I❤️Beirut, ha raccolto 1 milione di euro per il popolo del Libano. In esclusiva per L’Italia potrete rivedere lo spettacolo, domenica 11 ottobre alle ore 21:15 su Sky Uno e Now tv.

• Like 3