Live stream benefit concert ‘I Love Beirut’, 19 Sept 2020

giraffeandy

Maz Music & Media (Giulio Mazzoleni's company) posted this today:

Lo show benefico di Mika ‘I ❤️ Beirut’
raccoglie 1 milione di euro per il popolo del Libano
“I ❤️ Beirut” sarà anche in TV: in esclusiva per l’Italia
domenica 11 ottobre alle 21.15 su Sky Uno e NOW TV.
Il denaro raccolto verrà donato alla Croce Rossa Libanese e a Save the Children
La grande cifra è la somma delle donazioni degli sponsor, le donazioni del pubblico tramite GoFundMe (provenienti da 48 paesi diversi) e la vendita dei biglietti per lo streaming, con spettatori collegati da ben 120 paesi del mondo.
‘I ❤️ Beirut' è un progetto ideato e prodotto da Mika nei giorni successivi alle esplosioni che hanno colpito la sua città natale. Lo show è andato in esclusiva streaming sul canale YouTube di Mika il 19 settembre in 4 fusi orari diversi. Uno spettacolo che oltre a un concerto di Mika registrato in Italia, include alcuni video girati a Beirut, una straordinaria performance di Laura Pausini all’interno del Colosseo e contributi di Kylie, Salma Hayek, Rufus Wainwright, la star messicana di Netflix Danna Paola, Fanny Ardant, Louane in collegamento dal Sacre Coeur di Parigi, la poetessa Etel Adnan e la band iconica libanese Mashrou’ Leila.
Lo spettacolo, accolto da ottime recensioni, verrà ora diffuso dai più importanti canali TV internazionali, dalla Francia al Canada. In Italia, sarà trasmesso in esclusiva da Sky Uno e NOW TV domenica 11 ottobre alle 21.15. ‘I ❤️ Beirut' ha anche registrato un record storico in Francia, dove il 19 settembre ogni singola piattaforma di streaming TV o web ha reso disponibile lo spettacolo, anche in questo caso versando tutto il ricavato in beneficenza.
La raccolta su gofundme.com/ilovebeirut è ancora aperta e continua a crescere.
Oggi Mika ha annunciato il grandioso traguardo di 1 milione di euro raccolti con il suo spettacolo di beneficenza. In collegamento video con Georges Kettaneh, Segretario Generale della Croce Rossa del Libano e con Kevin Watkins, CEO di Save the Children UK, Mika ha detto: “Con grande piacere oggi vi comunico che ‘I ❤️ Beirut' ha raccolto 1 milione di euro al netto dei costi, e la cifra sarà suddivisa tra la Croce Rossa e Save The Children, per il Libano. Volevamo annunciare questo traguardo insieme e ringraziare tutti, tutti quelli che nel mondo hanno comprato un biglietto per lo streaming o fatto una donazione personale tramite GoFundMe, oltre agli sponsor che ci hanno aiutato a raccogliere una cifra così impressionante. Voglio anche sottolineare quanto meravigliosa è stata questa affermazione collettiva di solidarietà per Beirut, con i biglietti venduti in 120 differenti nazioni del mondo. Questo è un progetto nato e reso possibile dall’amore e da un enorme spirito di collaborazione tra amici e nuovi amici che abbiamo fatto durante il processo produttivo.”
Georges Kettaneh ha detto: “Siamo estremamente grati per questo generoso supporto e per la solidarietà espressa. Questi fondi aiuteranno la Croce Rossa del Libano per continuare ad aiutare Beirut in questo momento di grande bisogno. La popolazione di Beirut sta affrontando la lunga strada della guarigione; con il generoso e continuo supporto ricevuto da tutto il mondo, possiamo continuare a stare al loro fianco finché ci sarà bisogno di noi.”
Kevin Watkins, CEO di Save the Children UK ha detto: “Save the Children sta lavorando senza sosta per fornire aiuto ai bambini e alle famiglie del Libano le cui vite sono state devastate dalle esplosioni a Beirut. Un ringraziamento di cuore va a tutti quelli che ha partecipato per raccogliere questa cifra incredibile. Tutte le donazioni andranno ai nostri programmi di risposta all’emergenza in Libano, come riparare dalle intemperie le case danneggiate, sostenere le famiglie vulnerabili ed evacuate da casa con cibo e contanti, e fornire supporto psicologico continuato a bambini e famiglie.”

English Google translation:

Mika's benefit show 'I ❤️ Beirut'
collects 1 million euros for the people of Lebanon
"I ❤️ Beirut" will also be on TV: exclusively for Italy
Sunday 11 October at 9.15 pm on Sky Uno and NOW TV.
The money raised will be donated to the Lebanese Red Cross and Save the Children
The big figure is the sum of donations from sponsors, public donations through GoFundMe (from 48 different countries) and the sale of streaming tickets, with viewers connected from 120 countries around the world.
'I ❤️ Beirut' is a project conceived and produced by Mika in the days following the explosions that hit his hometown. The show was streamed exclusively on Mika's YouTube channel on September 19th in 4 different time zones. A show that in addition to a concert by Mika recorded in Italy, includes some videos shot in Beirut, an extraordinary performance by Laura Pausini inside the Colosseum and contributions by Kylie, Salma Hayek, Rufus Wainwright, the Mexican star of Netflix Danna Paola, Fanny Ardant, Louane in connection from the Sacre Coeur in Paris, the poet Etel Adnan and the Lebanese iconic band Mashrou 'Leila.
The show, greeted by excellent reviews, will now be broadcast by the most important international TV channels, from France to Canada. In Italy, it will be broadcast exclusively by Sky Uno and NOW TV on Sunday 11 October at 9.15 pm. 'I ❤️ Beirut' also recorded an all-time record in France, where on September 19 every single TV or web streaming platform made the show available, again paying all the proceeds to charity.
The collection at gofundme.com/ilovebeirut is still open and continues to grow.
Today Mika announced the grandiose milestone of € 1 million raised with his charity show. In video link with Georges Kettaneh, Secretary General of the Red Cross of Lebanon and with Kevin Watkins, CEO of Save the Children UK, Mika said: “With great pleasure today I inform you that 'I ❤️ Beirut' has raised 1 million euros per net of costs, and the figure will be divided between the Red Cross and Save The Children, for Lebanon. We wanted to announce this milestone together and thank everyone, everyone around the world who bought a ticket to stream or made a personal donation through GoFundMe, as well as the sponsors who helped us raise such an impressive figure. I also want to emphasize how wonderful this collective affirmation of solidarity for Beirut was, with tickets sold in 120 different countries around the world. This is a project born and made possible by love and an enormous spirit of collaboration between friends and new friends that we made during the production process. "
Georges Kettaneh said: “We are extremely grateful for this generous support and solidarity expressed. These funds will help the Lebanese Red Cross to continue helping Beirut in this time of great need. The people of Beirut are facing the long road to recovery; with the generous and continuous support received from all over the world, we can continue to stand by their side as long as they need us. "
Kevin Watkins, CEO of Save the Children UK said: “Save the Children is working tirelessly to provide help to children and families in Lebanon whose lives have been devastated by the explosions in Beirut. A heartfelt thanks goes out to everyone who participated in collecting this incredible figure. All donations will go to our emergency response programs in Lebanon, such as sheltering damaged homes from the elements, supporting vulnerable and evacuated families with food and cash, and providing ongoing psychological support to children and families. "

• Like 3

Apparently there'll be an interview about the concert on Paris Match, they put a short excerpt of it on their website:

https://amp.parismatch.com/People/Mika-Beyrouth-mon-amour-1705022

I posted a Google translation of it on the French press thread:

1 minute ago, mellody said:

Interview on Paris Match, apparently there'll be more in the print magazine:

https://amp.parismatch.com/People/Mika-Beyrouth-mon-amour-1705022

Google translate:

You have to pay 10 euros to see his show "I Love Beirut", broadcast on the Internet and on VOD from September 19th. On the menu: songs by the artist in a small Tuscan theater, prestigious guests - Kylie Minogue, Rufus Wainwright, Salma Hayek, Louane, Fanny Ardant, among others - and reports in the destroyed city. This charity show is intended to raise funds to help the victims of the explosions.

Paris Match. How much money did you collect with this show for which you fought body and soul?
Mika. After deduction of costs, I can announce that we will donate a little more than 1 million euros. The empathy for this show has been immense. Tickets were purchased in 120 countries. It had never happened, including the biggest live touring personalities. Thank you to the whole world for the love given.

The funds will go to the Lebanese Red Cross and Save the Children Lebanon . What will they be used for in practice?
To buy ambulances, to help homeless and out of school children, injured. Above all, to give cash to 10,000 families in difficulty, which is a very targeted way of helping, validated by the UN, since it allows those who need it to be independent. The chosen NGOs know where the expectations are, the emergencies. The Lebanese trust them.

This show was also dedicated to your mother ... to
my mother, to my grandmother, to my aunts. I owe them my Lebanese culture, this bubble that they managed to preserve at home when we lived in France or England. They are my roots, a strong part of my identity, even though I left Lebanon when I was 1.5 years old.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't really know how to express this, but I find it so gratifying to be able to say that thanks to Mika, we may have, bought a brick, which will be in a wall, and that wall will be in Beirut. It's a picture of course, but I like it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Save the Children International

Save The Children UK

Mika

'I❤️ Beirut’ concert raises over €1m for people of Lebanon

https://www./news/mika-%E2%80%98i-%E2%9D%A4%EF%B8%8F-beirut%E2%80%99-concert-raises-over-%E2%82%AC1m-people-lebanon

• The money will be split between the Lebanese Red Cross and Save the Children 
  • 120 countries bought tickets to Mika’s ‘I ❤️ Beirut’ benefit concert, the most recorded on a Ticketmaster event.
  • The star-studded line up included Salma Hayek, Danna Paola, Rufus Wainwright, Kylie, Mashrou Leila, Louane, Etel Adnan, Fanny Ardant, and Laura Pausini
  • Donations came from ticket sales, sponsors and the general public on GoFundMe

Mika today announces his ‘I ❤️ Beirut' benefit concert has raised €1m euros, from ticket sales, sponsors and members of the public donating via GoFundMe. The money will be split between the Lebanese Red Cross and Save the Children.

Key figures and background  

120 countries: who bought tickets for the  ‘I ❤️ Beirut'
48 countries: where different people donated to the GoFundMe from including Japan and Colombia
The concert was  live streamed across four time zones on 19 September from Mika’s YouTube channel..
 ‘I ❤️ Beirut' was announced by Beirut born singer Mika last month, in the wake of the explosion in his home city on 4 August.  

Met by critical acclaim, the show is also being purchased by major network TV stations around the world, including in France, Italy and Canada. It was also a telecom first in France, with every single network provider offering the concert on Pay Per View with all funds reversed to the charities.

Speaking on a video call with Georges Kettaneh, the Secretary General of the Lebanese Red Cross and Kevin Watkins, CEO of Save the Children UK, Mika said:
“It is our pleasure today to tell you that ‘I Love Beirut’ has so far raised after costs 1 million euros, which will be split between The Red Cross and Save the Children, for Lebanon.

“We wanted to announce this amount together, and to thank you all - everyone around the world who bought a ticket to the stream, donated to GoFundMe and our sponsors for helping us to raise such an amazing amount of money.

“I also wanted to say how amazing this statement of solidarity for the situation in Beirut has been, with tickets for the stream selling to over 120 different countries around the world.

“This has been a project that was born out of and made possible by love, and a huge amount of collaboration with friends and many new friends made in the process.”

Georges Kettaneh said:  “We are extremely grateful for this generous support and for the solidarity that has been expressed. These funds will help the Lebanese Red Cross to continue to support Beirut at this time of great need. The people of Beirut face a long road to recovery, with this generosity and the continued support we have received from around the globe, we can continue to stand alongside them for as long we are needed.”

Kevin Watkins, CEO of Save the Children UK said: “Save the Children is working around the clock to provide vital support to children and families in Lebanon whose lives have been devastated by the explosion in Beirut. “A heartfelt thank you to everyone who has come together to raise this incredible total. All donations will be going towards our emergency response efforts in Lebanon, which include weather proofing damaged homes, supporting vulnerable and displaced families with food and cash grants, and providing ongoing psychological support for children and families.”

The ‘I ❤️ Beirut' benefit concert featured global pop icon Kylie, Mexican singer Danna Paola, Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter Rufus Wainwright, Mashrou Leila, César Award-winning French singer and actress Louane, and a very special performance from Italian icon Laura Pausini. Salma Hayek, César Award-winning French actress Fanny Ardant, and acclaimed Lebanese-American poet Etel Adnan spoke during the event.

Donations were made at: gofundme.com/ilovebeirut and the campaign is still running.

Supporting video of Mika on the Zoom with the Lebanese Red Cross and Save the Children are available here  

https://we.tl/t-bvQEoBZzry

( The ZIP file including mikainstagram video and YouTube video. )

Thanks to our partners supporting the event:

• Kering and its houses
  • Gucci
  • Saint-Laurent
  • Bottega Veneta
  • Balenciaga
  • Alexander McQueen
  • Brioni
  • Boucheron
  • Pomellato
  • Dodo
  • Qeelin
  • Ulysse Nardin
  • Girard-Perregaux
  • Kering Eyewear
  • Accor
  • Axa Egalité
  • Carrefour
  • Veolia
  • Cedar oxygen
  • Société Générale
  • Danone
  • YouTube
  • Sacem
  • Boo Productions
  • Clandestino Films
  • Air France
  • You Tube
  • Ticketmaster
  • FNAC
  • Universal Music Group

For more information, kindly contact:
Dina Rickman, drickman@gofundme.com
Ruth Maurice, R.Maurice@savethechildren.org.uk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Save The Children Italia

savethechildren.it

Libano: il concerto benefico di Mika “I Love Beirut” ha raccolto oltre 1 milione di euro per il popolo libanese

30 Settembre 2020

Il cantante Mika ha annunciato oggi che il suo concerto di beneficenza "I Love Beirut" ha raccolto 1 milione di euro dalla vendita di biglietti, dagli sponsor e dalle donazioni del pubblico tramite GoFundMe. Il denaro sarà diviso tra la Croce Rossa libanese e Save the Children libanese. I biglietti sono stati acquistati in 120 paesi, è stato l’evento con più registrazioni su Ticketmaster. Sono 48 i paesi, in cui dove le persone hanno donato a GoFundMe, inclusi Giappone e Colombia. Il concerto 'I Love Beirut', annunciato il mese scorso dal cantante, dopo la terribile esplosione che ha colpito la sua città natale lo scorso 4 agosto, è stato trasmesso in live streaming in quattro fusi orari il 19 settembre dal canale YouTube di Mika.

Accolto con grande favore dalla critica, il concerto è stato acquistato anche da grandi reti TV nel mondo, come in Francia, Italia e Canada. E’ stato anche un evento per le telecomunicazioni in Francia, dove tutti gli operatori di rete lo hanno offerto ai propri clienti in opzione Pay per View donando tutti i fondi all’iniziativa benefica.   

“Con piacere vi annunciamo oggi che ‘I Love Beirut’ ha raccolto finora 1 milione di euro, al netto dei costi, che verrà diviso tra la Croce Rossa e Save the Children per il Libano,” ha dichiarato Mika in una videochiamata con Georges Kettaneh, Segretario Generale della Croce Rossa Libanese, e Kevin Watkins, CEO di Save the Children UK. “Abbiamo voluto annunciare questo successo insieme, per ringraziare tutti, ciascuna persona che in ogni parte del mondo ha acquistato il biglietto per lo streaming o che ha donato attraverso GoFundMe, e i nostri sponsor, che ci hanno aiutato a raccogliere questa straordinaria cifra. Vorrei anche sottolineare come sia stata sorprendente questa dimostrazione di solidarietà per Beirut, con biglietti per lo streaming venduti in più di 120 paesi diversi nel mondo. È l’amore che ha fatto nascere e reso possibile questo progetto, e anche la grande collaborazione con gli amici di sempre e con molti altri nuovi che hanno condiviso tutto questo.”

“Siamo estremamente grati per questo generoso sostegno e per la solidarietà che è stata espressa. Questi fondi aiuteranno la Croce Rossa libanese a continuare a sostenere Beirut in un momento di grande bisogno. La gente di Beirut deve affrontare una lunga strada verso la guarigione, grazie alla generosità e al continuo supporto che abbiamo ricevuto da tutto il mondo, possiamo continuare a stare al loro fianco per tutto il tempo necessario", ha proseguito Georges Kettaneh.

“Save the Children sta lavorando 24 ore su 24 per fornire supporto vitale ai bambini e alle famiglie in Libano, le cui vite sono state devastate dall'esplosione di Beirut. Rivolgiamo un sentito ringraziamento a tutti coloro che hanno dato il loro contributo per raccogliere questa cifra incredibile. Tutte le donazioni serviranno a finanziare i nostri interventi di emergenza in Libano, come la protezione dalle intemperie delle abitazioni danneggiate, la distribuzione di aiuti alimentari, il sostegno economico alle famiglie vulnerabili e sfollate e il supporto psicologico continuo ai bambini e alle loro famiglie", ha affermato Kevin Watkins, CEO di Save the Children UK.

Il concerto di beneficenza ‘I ❤️ Beirut' ha visto la performance speciale di Laura Pausini e la partecipazione dell’icona del pop mondiale Kylie, della cantante messicana Danna Paola, del cantautore nominato al Grammy Award Rufus Wainwright, di Mashrou Leila, e della cantante e attrice francese vincitrice del César Award Louane. Durante l’evento, inoltre, sono intervenuti Salma Hayek, l’attrice francese vincitrice del César Award Fanny Ardant e l’acclamato poeta libanese-americano Etel Adnan.

Per ulteriori informazioni:

Tel. 06-48070023/63/81/82
ufficiostampa@savethechildren.org
www.savethechildren.it

• Like 2

Save The Children Italia

BLOG

savethechildren.it

Concerto Mika: oltre 1 milione per il popolo libanese

Il cantante Mika ha annunciato oggi che il suo concerto di beneficenza "I Love Beirut" ha raccolto 1 milione di euro dalla vendita di biglietti, dagli sponsor e dalle donazioni del pubblico tramite GoFundMe. Il denaro sarà diviso tra la Croce Rossa libanese e Save the Children libanese.

I love Beirut, il concerto di Mika per il popolo libanese

Il concerto "I Love Beirut", annunciato il mese scorso dal cantante, dopo la terribile esplosione che ha colpito la sua città natale lo scorso 4 agosto, è stato trasmesso in live streaming in quattro fusi orari il 19 settembre dal canale YouTube di Mika. 

Il concerto ha visto la performance speciale di Laura Pausini e la partecipazione dell’icona del pop mondiale Kylie, della cantante messicana Danna Paola, del cantautore nominato al Grammy Award Rufus Wainwright, di Mashrou Leila, e della cantante e attrice francese vincitrice del César Award Louane. Durante l’evento, inoltre, sono intervenuti Salma Hayek, l’attrice francese vincitrice del César Award Fanny Ardant e l’acclamato poeta libanese-americano Etel Adnan.

Il nostro lavoro in Libano

Stiamo lavorando 24 ore su 24 per fornire supporto vitale ai bambini e alle famiglie in Libano, le cui vite sono state devastate dall'esplosione di Beirut. Rivolgiamo un sentito ringraziamento a tutti coloro che hanno dato il loro contributo per raccogliere questa cifra incredibile.

Tutte le donazioni serviranno a finanziare i nostri interventi di emergenza in Libano, come la protezione dalle intemperie delle abitazioni danneggiate, la distribuzione di aiuti alimentari, il sostegno economico alle famiglie vulnerabili e sfollate e il supporto psicologico continuo ai bambini e alle loro famiglie.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

So Mika sold the stream to both Italian and French TV, which is very smart and probably brought in a fair chunk of the total amount! Does anyone know if that’s a set amount per viewing, or will he also be paid according to the number of viewers?

We don't know anything about contracts.It will be for all viewers not as VOD.

But some other countries will broadcast the concert soon. I can imagine that the money (or a part) from contracts can go for Beirut too.

Maybe Mika will say something later. He is too humble to talk about money now <3 

From Vanity Fair Italia - it says basically the same things as the other articles we've already seen. :)

https://www.vanityfair.it/music/concerti-eventi/2020/10/03/i-love-beirut-mika-un-milione-euro-musica-libano-concerto-beneficenza

«I love Beirut»: Mika, un milione per il Libano

Il giudice di «X Factor», che il 19 settembre scorso, su Youtube, ha organizzato un concerto virtuale a supporto del proprio Paese natale, ha annunciato di aver raccolto un milione di euro, da dividersi tra la Croce Rossa e Save the Children. «Questo è un progetto reso possibile dall'amore», ha dichiarato

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, krysady said:

Tomorrow in Corriere della Sera an interview with Mika about the I Love Beirut concert:

Thanks. I suppose it might be the interview he posted about after the Milan fashion show.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

"I Love Beirut" will be broadcast in Lebanon on Saturday 10th October.

That's great because some Lebanese fans couldn't buy tickets for the livestream due to some bank issues.

• Like 4