Live stream benefit concert ‘I Love Beirut’, 19 Sept 2020

giraffeandy

14 hours ago, dcdeb said:

We’re getting lots of questions about this show, so I thought I’d take a minute to clarify a few things. This is everything that I know so far. Please read on!👇
1️. The livestream will take place on 19th September and will be broadcast via YouTube.
2️. Mika will stream the show from his garden in Italy. In addition to music the show will feature footage from Lebanon, as well as the stories of people affected by the situation there.
3️. Tickets for the livestream will be available starting Monday 24th August via Ticketmaster. (Link: https://shops.ticketmasterpartners.com/mika-livestream) They will go on sale at 10am Central Europe Time/9am UK time. Virtual tickets will be sold for several different time zones. You will buy a ticket for your time zone then will receive a link for the stream shortly before your designated viewing time on 19 September (20 September in Australia/East Asian time zones). Each time zone *should* have plenty of tickets available but be sure to buy yours soon!
4️. All proceeds from the “I Love Beirut” livestream will be divided between two charities: Red Cross Lebanon and Save the Children Lebanon.
5️. If you would like to make an additional donation to Mika’s fundraising efforts for these charities you can do that on his special GoFundMe page.

www.gofundme.com/f/ilovebeirut

To be clear: tickets are ONLY available through the Ticketmaster link starting Monday, 24th August. While the money collected for the tickets will be donated to the charities Mika is supporting, the GoFundMe page is for any additional contributions you might wish to make.

A few other things -- we don't know yet if the show will be live for all time zones -- that would mean that Mika would have to do the show three separate times. It's probably more likely that it will be live for the first stream, and that it will be re-broadcast for the other time zones later. But we don't know for sure!

We also aren't sure whether you'll be able to buy tickets for multiple time zones. You *should* be able to, but again, we're waiting for an answer on that.

Lots of you have asked about whether there's a limit on tickets. No limit has been announced, and we assume that tickets will not "sell out." However, be sure to get your tickets as soon as you can, just in case YouTube puts some sort of restriction on the number of viewers. (I doubt that would happen, but...)

If you have any other questions please ask! Your enthusiastic response to this initiative has been heartwarming!

Hello 

Is there any news yet on whether ror not the live stream and tickets will be accessible to all countries around the world or not (Eg, Middle East or Africa)?

And if so how can I get one since there are only a few timezones mentioned none of which are the above?

It also seems like it wont be live on all time zones like u mentioned since the time difference doesn't make sense, it's either that or they'll be multiple shows

5 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Hello 

Is there any news yet on whether ror not the live stream and tickets will be accessible to all countries around the world or not (Eg, Middle East or Africa)?

And if so how can I get one since there are only a few timezones mentioned none of which are the above?

It also seems like it wont be live on all time zones like u mentioned since the time difference doesn't make sense, it's either that or they'll be multiple shows

My understanding is that the livestream will be available worldwide, but I'll double-check on that. If none of the time zones mentioned is yours, then I guess you would choose the time that you want to watch. But again, I will check.

And as I said, I think the most likely scenario is that the first livestream, coming at CET, will be really live, and then the others will be rebroadcasts. I think it's unlikely that Mika will do multiple shows, but I really don't know that for sure. I'll let you all know when I find out - if I find out before Mika announces something. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have a few more answers about the livestream for you.

You should be able to view "I Love Beirut" from anywhere -- it's a global livestream. So choose which time frame you'd like to watch the stream and get your ticket for that time. The link will be sent to you shortly before the livestream starts, just like it will for all others.

You should be able to get tickets to multiple times, if you'd like to watch the stream more than once.

However, as we discussed, only the stream that starts at CET will be truly live. The other times will be a rebroadcast of the original show. This was done to accommodate fans all over the world who might not be able to watch the stream live in the middle of the night.

Hope that answers all the questions now! Happy ticket-buying tomorrow!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 14

11 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

However, as we discussed, only the stream that starts at CET will be truly live. The other times will be a rebroadcast of the original show. This was done to accommodate fans all over the world who might not be able to watch the stream live in the middle of the night.

Thank you Deb. I thought that it would be live for the whole world. Of course the different time zones makes that in some parts of the world it would be really hard to watch it. So I hope people be happy to be able to watch it in more comfortable time :thumb_yello: It will be my first YouTube live concert ☺️

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

You should be able to view "I Love Beirut" from anywhere -- it's a global livestream. So choose which time frame you'd like to watch the stream and get your ticket for that time. The link will be sent to you shortly before the livestream starts, just like it will for all others.

You should be able to get tickets to multiple times, if you'd like to watch the stream more than once.

Thank you Deb!!

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Oh thank you Deb! ❤️🙏

I hope I can buy a ticket from Morocco, because there is no time for Africa 🤦🏻‍♀️ so I hope it's going to work for me. 🙏🏻

Thank you very much Deb for the clarification. 😊

Edited by yasmine951
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

In less than 45 mins we can buy tickets!! I’ve been standing in line in front of my laptop since, well, right this minute 😆

haha same from Argentina (4am) 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

In less than 45 mins we can buy tickets!! I’ve been standing in line in front of my laptop since, well, right this minute 😆

34 minutes ago, We-Are-Golden said:

Good luck getting tickets everyone! Going to try as well! :biggrin2: 

I'm very excited, it really feels like I will be going to an actual gig, I'm even a bit nervous :teehee: :naughty:   

Same here. :lol3: Only 3 minutes now! :excite:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1