Live stream benefit concert ‘I Love Beirut’, 19 Sept 2020

giraffeandy

32 minutes ago, mellody said:

RT by Mika: He's gonna be on RTL France tomorrow morning at 7:45, to talk about the gig.

Not sure if that's TV or Radio? :dunno:

It's a radio

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Stefania Serafin said:

Ok how can we make a fan action to an online concert ? :)

When you visit a live stream on Youtube, usually there's a chat so maybe you can think about a fan action in the form of comments (if he pays attention to that at all)...

But I'm not sure if this will be like a regular live stream on YT, since you need to have a ticket. Or do you think they will just send us a link to a private stream? That would be too easy to distribute online. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

When you visit a live stream on Youtube, usually there's a chat so maybe you can think about a fan action in the form of comments (if he pays attention to that at all)...

But I'm not sure if this will be like a regular live stream on YT, since you need to have a ticket. Or do you think they will just send us a link to a private stream? That would be too easy to distribute online. 

I am not even sure it will be live. Maybe it is pre-produced and shown in YouTube? 

1 minute ago, Stefania Serafin said:

I am not even sure it will be live. Maybe it is pre-produced and shown in YouTube? 

I think at least the first broadcast (9pm CEST) should be live. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I'm thinking that it might be individual links, so everyone gets an unique link that can only be used on one device or from one IP address - that way it can't just be given to others.

But idk if he will watch the comments, maybe he can even deactivate them.

I'm thinking a cool fanaction would be for everyone to donate (again) on the gofundme page during the livestream, so he gets a nice surprise afterwards. :wub2: After all, that's what it's about, right? Raising money and raising awareness for Beirut, so I think these things will be what he appreciates most in this case. Or have it trending on Twitter at the same time. Tho I'm not sure I want to write a lot of Tweets while watching. One donation should be possible tho.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

I'm thinking that it might be individual links, so everyone gets an unique link that can only be used on one device or from one IP address - that way it can't just be given to others.

But idk if he will watch the comments, maybe he can even deactivate them.

I'm thinking a cool fanaction would be for everyone to donate (again) on the gofundme page during the livestream, so he gets a nice surprise afterwards. :wub2: After all, that's what it's about, right? Raising money and raising awareness for Beirut, so I think these things will be what he appreciates most in this case. Or have it trending on Twitter at the same time. Tho I'm not sure I want to write a lot of Tweets while watching. One donation should be possible tho.

yes this is a good idea. 

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Or have it trending on Twitter at the same time. Tho I'm not sure I want to write a lot of Tweets while watching.

We could probably try getting it trending an hour before the gig or so? I know i will NOT be tweeting during the concert (this is just gonna be my and my headphones and no one else 🤣), but it would be nice to hype the event one last time before the start 😊.

And donations are always a good idea 💸

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Alie said:

I want so badly to see this livestream ! 😁 I'm just not sure I can watch it live. Anyone can tell me if the link will be valid for later use ????? 🤔

Not sure, but I don't think so - otherwise there wouln't be 3 different time zones. :dunno: What you can do though is to buy a ticket for adifferent time zone, if that time suits you better.

I know youtube is mobile and computer friendly, but who else will be streaming this through their TV?

I have one of those plug in smart USB sticks with a whole bunch of extra channels, it also has youtube which I haven't used on the TV before. I'm actually going to trial it at the weekend to make sure I can stream videos properly. 

Gotta use the biggest screen in the house to watch a Mika gig after all! 😁

Very tempted to also buy a big comfy bean bag!

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I know youtube is mobile and computer friendly, but who else will be streaming this through their TV?

I have one of those plug in smart USB sticks with a whole bunch of extra channels, it also has youtube which I haven't used on the TV before. I'm actually going to trial it at the weekend to make sure I can stream videos properly. 

Gotta use the biggest screen in the house to watch a Mika gig after all! 😁

Very tempted to also buy a big comfy bean bag!

I thought about it, but not sure it works, as you get a link... if it's a complicated link with lots of characters, I won't type that into my TV. 😅 Also I won't be able to use the chat on my TV. So I guess I'll borrow my husband's huge monitor and watch on my PC. :teehee:

55 minutes ago, Starlight said:

I listened to the interview, but it seemed to me rather short. :naughty:

It was 10 minutes, didn't feel that short to me. :dunno:

Here's the replay: https://www.rtl.fr/culture/arts-spectacles/concert-virtuel-de-mika-pour-le-liban-je-voulais-raconter-quelque-chose-7800744986/amp?__twitter_impression=true 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AUDIO ( phone ) INTERVIEW

RTL.fr

• publié le 25/08/2020 à 08:30mis à jour le 25/08/2020 à 08:31
:france:
Concert virtuel de Mika pour le Liban : "Je voulais raconter quelque chose"

Le chanteur Mika a prévu un concert virtuel sur Youtube en soutien au Liban le 19 septembre. La vente des billets sera reversée à deux associations.

Né à Beyrouth en 1983, le chanteur Mika reste attaché au Liban. Il organise le 19 septembre prochain un grand concert caritatif virtuel pour soutenir les Libanais après l'explosion qui a eu lieu à Beyrouth le 4 août dernier faisant des centaines de morts et des milliers de blessés.

"Je ne voulais pas juste me mettre face à une caméra et chanter. Je voulais raconter quelque chose", déclare le chanteur au micro de RTL. "J'ai engagé des gens qui sont déjà à Beyrouth pour capter des images, des histoires, des éléments qui vont pouvoir provoquer des émotions et de l'empathie", poursuit-il.

Mika promet "des invités britanniques, une Mexicaine, des Français, des Italiens, des Américains" pour ce concert en extérieur baptisé "I Love Beirut". Il se tiendra en ligne sur Youtube et coûtera 10 euros.

La vente de billets sera reversée à la Croix-Rouge au Liban et à l'association Save The Children Liban. 

Pour y assister, il faut se rendre sur le site Ticket Master et réserver en ligne. Vous recevrez ensuite les détails, du concert, et notamment l'heure à laquelle il se produira. 

Le chanteur s'est aussi exprimé sur les explosions, "un traumatisme qui laissera des séquelles longtemps", selon lui, et a appelé la pouvoir politique à la "responsabilité" face au drame.

:uk:

Virtual concert of Mika for Lebanon: "I wanted to tell something"

Singer Mika has planned a virtual concert on YouTube in support of Lebanon on September 19. Ticket sales will be donated to two associations.

Born in Beirut in 1983, singer Mika remains attached to Lebanon. On September 19, he is organizing a large virtual charity concert to support the Lebanese after the explosion that took place in Beirut on August 4, causing hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries.

"I didn't want to just stand in front of a camera and sing. I wanted to tell something," the singer said at RTL's microphone. "I hired people who are already in Beirut to capture images, stories, elements that will be able to provoke emotions and empathy," he continues.

Mika promises "British guests, a Mexican, French, Italians, Americans" for this outdoor concert called "I Love Beirut". It will be held online on Youtube and will cost 10 euros.

Ticket sales will be donated to the Red Cross in Lebanon and the Save The Children Lebanon association.

To attend, you must go to the  site Ticket Master site and book online. You will then receive the details of the concert, including the time at which it will perform.

The singer also spoke about the explosions, "a trauma that will leave scars for a long time," he said, and called on political power to "be responsible" for the drama.

YouTube ( I've cut off Grace Kelly at the end )

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I thought about it, but not sure it works, as you get a link... if it's a complicated link with lots of characters, I won't type that into my TV.

I have a mobile pairing option too which mirrors everything I do on my mobile to my TV screen, this is my plan B because it uses up a LOT of battery so my mobile would have to be plugged in to charge throughout the whole concert and probably after 😅. Another problem with this though is that if I get a call or text during the gig then it would also show up on the TV. 😐

• Like 1

What he says about the gig in the RTL interview is mostly the same as in the Le Parisien interview. But they ask him about the guests, and he says Italian, Mexican, American, French guests (and more, which I don't understand). I wonder if the Mexican guest will be Danna Paola and they present the new song there? In that case it'd make sense tho to advertise that in advance, so Danna Paola fans could be motivated to buy tickets as well. :lol: So if it's Danna, I suppose they'll tell us at some point in advance. And maybe that's also why we are advised to buy tickets not too late, because even if there are millions available, for Mika fans it'd be enough but with all the Danna Paola fans it could even reach such a high limit. :teehee: Just fantasizing here, of course, all I know for sure from that interview is that there'll be a Mexican guest, the rest is speculation by me. :teehee:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mellody said:

What he says about the gig in the RTL interview is mostly the same as in the Le Parisien interview. But they ask him about the guests, and he says Italian, Mexican, American, French guests (and more, which I don't understand). I wonder if the Mexican guest will be Danna Paola and they present the new song there? In that case it'd make sense tho to advertise that in advance, so Danna Paola fans could be motivated to buy tickets as well. :lol: So if it's Danna, I suppose they'll tell us at some point in advance. And maybe that's also why we are advised to buy tickets not too late, because even if there are millions available, for Mika fans it'd be enough but with all the Danna Paola fans it could even reach such a high limit. :teehee: Just fantasizing here, of course, all I know for sure from that interview is that there'll be a Mexican guest, the rest is speculation by me. :teehee:

I am almost sure it will be Danna Paola as Mika mentioned "une Mexicaine" which means a woman :das:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am almost sure it will be Danna Paola as Mika mentioned "une Mexicaine" which means a woman :das:

Ah, see? So it really could be that with the tickets. I mean, imagine there's a limit of 10 million, definitely enough for all Mika fans, but Danna has 27 million followers on IG - so if they announce she'll be there in like 1 or 2 weeks, it's good if by that point all Mika fans will have bought their ticket already. 😅

• Haha 3